Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! (6254 Views)

Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] / My Horrible Experience During GEJ Campaign In Abia State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by harmless011: 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
Plz abians we all have a role to play to ensure that we did not vote in another devil in 2015 election.
We can do it and we will do it.
God bless Abia state

1 Like

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by razzberry2(f): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
I have been saying it and will keep saying it,'E NO GO EVA BETA 4 DAH UNA STATE GOVERNOR'..#thats all i can say in this matter#
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by PedroJP(m): 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
u 4got to add d one he added today. Tax levy - 3600, from marketers and keke drivers with the military as his enforcement agents. What a dictatorial governor.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by razzberry2(f): 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
chiover: T.A Orji is the worst thing to have happened to humanity. The man is so evil to the core. Aka nshii ya nga iba ya onu otu ehi.
EVen OAU was a god compared 2 that short devil incarnate abians voted in..anyways,its gud as both indigenes and non indigenes dey suffer am..Abachaz case will be a testimony compared to what will happen to him.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by razzberry2(f): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
Gentle Naaz: NnHhmm..( clears throat n speaks wt deep voice)
I am Chief ORJI, T. A. It has come 2 my notice dat some unscrupulous elements r tryn 2 distabilize my plans. D levies r instituted so dat govt cn tackle prospective funding challenges. I need 2 reconstruct, construct, n revitalize Abia, d only peace.... Am d man in charge. No body falls my hands n go scouch free. Any attempt or attempted attempt by a person or group of person 2 foil my hard earned plans, should hm/herslf 2 blame.
Dnt waste your English..he hardly uses it..Na Igbo papa him b
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by uchechukwuochei(m): 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Thunder fire TA Orji nd his advicers. God wld soon rubbish him openly. Em fada left egg. Stupid orangutan.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by drnoel: 8:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
ow11: As amazing as this sounds, A lot of Nigerians sincerely believe we do not pay taxes and complain like b1tches about taxes in foreign countries.

The amount of taxes Nigerians pay are astronomial as the government provides next to nothing for these payments. Imagine after all these levies, I wonder if the business can pay a living wage to its employees.

I will bash anyone's head that comes to this forum to claim that Nigeria is a tax free haven!

Well Abians no what to do at the polls! vote out PDP or at least the business owners can launch a protest at the state house of assembly and governor's office stating the need to allow banks to collect the revenue on its behalf and also bloody make them affordable!
Bros, in as much as you are not wrong but there are still places where u have to pay note than 40 percent of what u earn as tax. This is apart from other minor expense u will incur from other government institutions.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
seunfly:
I thought some people here said Rochas is the worst governor in SE just because he does not go with usual crowd mentality. Gushh!!!! It is sentiment and biased mind that will render some people *****
I always knw that the truth will surelly show up one day, and it has just began more revelation will follow.
. Anyone condemning Rochas is an enemy of progress.... I school in owerri and I can tell you that Rochas is the best governor in the southeast.. Enter into state you will feel the presence of government..... Every road is under construction... In each local government he is busy working on a major road that link the villages to the state..... In my village the road that was abandoned after the military took over from mbakwe is being constructed now.... Go to orlu.... Every where the man is working... In imsu massive halls are being built by Rochas... Our school fees is almost free... When am in owerri each time I remember aba potopoto I won't like to return to aba.... The roads are in a mess.... I have not seen any road that's being built by the governor... Except the usual red mould plus asphalt painting.... Imagine a governor that came to commission the popular ukwu mango river Jordan road.... Come and see the road just barely 6months after it was commissioned... It has returned to it normal state
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by bongila(f): 9:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
vivalavida: Abia state is lenient then. I was the manager of a fast food coy in calabar from aug last yr till mid june this yr when i quit. The rate @ which cross river state levy buisnesses there is much. There isn't much happening in that state and they lack sources of IGR there. The only booming sector there is tourism hence multiple taxation. The oil wells they had were ceded to akwaibom state govt by the supreme court.Most times different set of people come to the office to submit the same levy with different amount stated there-in. Let me give u a list of the few i can remember now
1) every month,we set aside #30,000 to pay for TDL which means tourism development levy
2) health levy = #35,000
3) environmental = #15,000
4) buisness development levy - #20,000
5)liquor licence = #3,000
6) CRISSA meaning cross river state sign board and signage agency - #100,000
7) fire service = 10,000
coolbuisness operational permit = #15,000
9) sanitation fee = #10,000.
This ones are ffrom the state govt. You still have the ones brought from calabar municipal council i.e the LGA council in main cally. Some of these bills are a bit negotiable but dont expect much.

Before i left,Nepa went on a revenue drive and cut the light of all big organisation using what they call MD meter. Accused them all of tampering with their meters and gave us what they called bill of loss of revenue = #150,000, reconnection fee of #10,000 and you still have your nepa bill to pay oo
Buisnesses are moving out of calabar.
I concur to this Viva,I have a close friend who was managing a digital photo studio along IBB after Akim and I was a witness to the incredible tax rates.
Imagine paying 100.000naira for signboards? It wasn't funny at all. Sadly,the place folded up due to little or no profit as at the time.
Cross river tax rates are insane I tell you!
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
[size=20pt]and some people have the balls to come here and ask if N10,000 is enough to start a profitable business in Naija, well, its not enough to settle area boys breakfast then to talk of lunch in a day in lagos[/size]. grin grin grin
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
johnstar: 9. Wetn concern we wey dey lag na undecided, make una carry una wahala go jawe grin cheesy
as if sey lagos better pass, wait until kai come throwey your market for gutter with vexation as usual.you guys need to see the way those one operate like commandos. lagos own is the worst,only that so many people here dont run a business so they cant tell.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by opeshe2(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
Govt. T.A Orji aka Ochendo (wonder who gave him that title) is a pin in d throat of his people. This state lack good governance may be they have eaten their share during campaign who knows, no wonder they stoned him in aba with pure water. Na corps members suffer am pass wit his cheap labour system of administration, yet does his government recognise dem? Cato banza kawai
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by opeshe2(m): 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
God own state Governor T.A Orji aka Ochendo (wonder who gave him that title) is a pin in d throat of his people. This state lack good governance may be they have eaten their share during campaign who knows, no wonder they stoned him in aba with pure water. Na corps members suffer am pass wit his cheap labour system of administration, yet does his government recognise dem? Cato banza kawai
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
Where is patrikobi and co thief after (t a)orji's praise singers? Let dem come and see if dey can deceive d pple on dis thread since dat is wot dey knw how 2 do best and also, dat is why he (thief orji) has been paying u guys for.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by mecedonia(m): 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
These are money that citizen are entitled to the government for their service delivery
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by freelinks: 4:26am On Jul 10, 2013
i just finished my NYSC in Abia state. I was privileged to drive a company bus. I saw hell o. Different levies here and there. Here are some examples:
Advert emblem
Sales and distribution emblem
Drivers tax
Radio emblem
Asepa emblem
Environment emblem
Bla Bla Bla.
The list is endless. The funny thing is that even when you have gotten all this, beware, new ones still comes out. Umuahia has its own set off levies while Aba has its own. Imagine that all buses are termed as commercial as long as they are buses. The government has put thugs and rouges in charge of those levies. No transparency at all. They so tribalistic that you can count yoruba or hausa families in the state. Leaving ABIA after my NYSC was a huge relief to me.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by ow11(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2013
drnoel:
Bros, in as much as you are not wrong but there are still places where u have to pay note than 40 percent of what u earn as tax. This is apart from other minor expense u will incur from other government institutions.

Now you have narrowed the pool to PAYE tax when there is only a limited number of Nigerians in formal employment. All those levies listed above by the OP, have you thought to see if it is not up to 40% of their profit?

In Europe, SMEs pay a corporation tax of 20% which is the same in Nigeria but the Europeans do not have to deal with the hordes of silly levies and lack of infrastructure which the taxes was meant to pay for thereby paying for the infrastructure themselves. I would wager that Nigerians pay upwards of 50% of their earnings as tax either as formal PAYE + taking care of the inadequacies of our inept government!
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by cyara(f): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2013
I visited a friend of mine in aba for the first time and was told about these levies and what annoyed me most was that anyone they see outside the building they arrest the person without bodering to know if you stay in the building or not
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by umuahiacctv: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=eagle,eye]
The government of Abia State is nothing but a Rogue Government.
It is a pity that when matters of important discussions are tabled here in Niaraland either by well-meaning people or near fools of which the op allign with,comment that can be best described as ill-informed are accepted and rejoiced for. If I may ask the OP and his gang of good-for-nothing merchants here in nairaland, 'what type of levy do you people pay 'because when you are in Lagos you complain of levies but come home to praise fashola and when you relocate to calabar you complain. I want to know how paying 50 naira a month for the cleaning of your gutter becames a hemlock or how paying 1k a month for refuse disposal is a devil's script bearing in mind that most of you critics live g tenants in a compound which on the average translate to paying nothing. That is why
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by farem: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
If this thread has been on Lagos or fashola, it would grown astronomically! You can be in metropolitan area like Lagos and not pay your tax. Now compare the population of Abia with its total revenue with level of works being done by the governor rate it wit the same parameters in Lagos and conclude your judgement.
ANY GOVERNMENT THAT WILL GIVE YOU ALL THINGS WILL TAKE ALL THINGS FROM YOU!

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. / THE ECONOMIST! PMB Has Done It Again. / Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.