Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,094 members, 7,953,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:31 PM

Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders (804 Views)

Thomas Sankara: An Unrivalled Selfless African Leader / Army Alleges Sabotage By Borno Leaders / Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by anonimi: 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2013

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr. Femi Falana, says for the Yoruba to make progress and be relevant in the political arena, its leaders must be selfless.

Such leaders, he added, must be ready to deliver their people from the shackles of poverty, particularly through education.

He stated this on Sunday during the celebration of the Martyrs Day orgainsed by a pan-Yoruba group, Coalition for Yoruba Autonomy in Lagos.

The day is set aside to remember those who died in the nation’s struggle for true federalism and democracy, especially from the Yoruba race.

Falana noted that some Yoruba political office holders had not done well in office.

He said, “It is not the issue of the Yoruba alone. The masses are suffering. For those who are claiming to be Awoists putting the Awo-like cap, tell them, it is not enough to wear Awo-like cap, ask them: do they have Awo’s wisdom? We need selfless leaders and those who have the wisdom to govern and save their people from shackles of poverty and illiteracy.

“Now to Yoruba as a race, for us to move forward, we must retrace our step to those old legacies that people like Chief Obafemi Awolowo bequeathed to us. Among them was free education.”

Punch

It seems Oga Femo agrees with GEJ that our region is TOO IMPORTANT to be left in the hands of RASCALS who pretend to be progressives by wearing Awo cap & glass!!!

Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by sexkilzaphull: 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
anonimi:

It seems Oga Femo agrees with GEJ that our region is TOO IMPORTANT to be left in the hands of RASCALS who pretend to be progressives by wearing Awo cap & glass!!!

Bad belle! Why not post Falana's picture but Tinubu? Well, love or hate him, your ogas came in 2011 to beg him and his lieutenants for support! grin grin grin Oh and that is not even Awo's cap!
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by tpia5: 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
um,
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by takedat(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
anonimi:

True, Yoruba needs selfless leaders in the likes of Akala, Bode George, Daniel, Omisore, Oyinlola and Agagu to liberate us cheesy. Some of these Jonathan's men also claim to be adherents of Awolowo's ideals while they relentlessly pummeled their people, humiliated and debased them. Thankfully, all these names have been consigned to the dustbin of history grin!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by EkoAtlantic: 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
take dat: True, Yoruba needs selfless leaders in the likes of Akala, Bode George, Daniel, Omisore, Oyinlola and Agagu to liberate us. Some of these Jonathan's men to takeover from the ACN rascals also claim to be adherents of Awolowo's ideals, but thankfully all have been consigned to the dustbin of history. Lol!

Punch line cheesy
You forgot Fayose
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by anonimi: 8:03am On Jul 10, 2013
take dat: True, Yoruba needs selfless leaders in the likes of Akala, Bode George, Daniel, Omisore, Oyinlola and Agagu to liberate us. Some of these Jonathan's men to takeover from the ACN rascals also claim to be adherents of Awolowo's ideals, but thankfully all have been consigned to the dustbin of history. Lol!

Why are you imputing to Jonathan's speech what he did not say?
Where did he say say to be handled by PDP leaders
BTW, any special reason why you left out Ondo state's Olusegun Mimiko?
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by takedat(m): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2013
anonimi:

Why are you imputing to Jonathan's speech what he did not say?
Where did he say say to be handled by PDP leaders
BTW, any special reason why you left out Ondo state's Olusegun Mimiko?
Na wa for you o!

“We (PDP) must take over all the states in the
South-West. The zone is too important to be left in the hands of rascals. We shall take over Lagos, Ekiti, Osun and Ondo states... South-West is the most important zone where all Nigerians come. It is a mini Nigeria and it is very unique.... It is true that we have challenges in the zone, but we are on top of them all. We shall resolve our differences in our way." - Goodluck Jonathan at the famous Mapo Hill in Ibadan!

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/17333-well-save-swest-from-rascals-jonathan-jonathan-ordained-to-lead-olubadan-why-i-didnt-attend-rally-daniel
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by anonimi: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2013
take dat: Na wa for you o!

South-West. The zone is too important to be left in
the hands of rascals. We shall take over Lagos,
Ekiti, Osun and Ondo states. . . South-West is the
most important zone where all Nigerians come. It is
a mini Nigeria and it is very unique. . . It is true that
we have our challenges in the zone, but we are on
top of them all. We shall resolve our differences in
our way.”

Source
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by Wendyslim(f): 8:29am On Jul 10, 2013
take dat: Na wa for you o!

South-West. The zone is too important to be left in
the hands of rascals. We shall take over Lagos,
Ekiti, Osun and Ondo states. . . South-West is the
most important zone where all Nigerians come. It is
a mini Nigeria and it is very unique. . . It is true that
we have our challenges in the zone, but we are on
top of them all. We shall

. Pdp my foot na ACN get south so we don't need selfish pple who are after dir pocket.
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by anonimi: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2013
take dat:
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/17333-well-save-swest-from-rascals-jonathan-jonathan-ordained-to-lead-olubadan-why-i-didnt-attend-rally-daniel

Thanks for providing the source and a bigger excerpt of Jonathan's CAMPAIGN speech in Ibadan.
Nevertheless, don't you agree that PDP can reform as a group and as individuals given that Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu is supposed to have reformed from being a drug money launderer whose bank balance was seized by a US court to the national leader of Nigeria's progressive opposition
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by 25Calibre(m): 9:36am On Jul 10, 2013
Finding a selfless leader amongst the Yorubas is like finding a needle in a haystack
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by takedat(m): 9:39am On Jul 10, 2013
anonimi:

Thanks for providing the source and a bigger excerpt of Jonathan's CAMPAIGN speech in Ibadan.
Nevertheless, don't you agree that PDP can reform as a group and as individuals given that Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu is supposed to have reformed from being a drug money launderer whose bank balance was seized by a US court to the national leader of Nigeria's progressive opposition
Tinubu is nowhere near a saint, but i find this very trivial and of no substance! Proof please, and not some concocted allegations and fireworks aimed at bringing him down!

Don't you also agree that ACN can reform as a group and as individuals, given that Chief Bode George, an ex-convict and Gbenga Daniel, currently facing trial on charges of corruption, stealing and conversion of public property are Jonathan's henchmen in the South-West, and a Seasoned Thief as the Chairman BOT of the "biggest party in Africa"?
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by anonimi: 7:43am On Jul 11, 2013
take dat: Tinubu is nowhere near a saint, but i find this very trivial and of no substance! Proof please, and not some concocted allegations and fireworks aimed at bringing him down!

FYI

Sahara Reporters has obtained original copies of a judgement in the case of United States v Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos State, in which Bola Tinubu was charged (along with other defendants) in a case of massive drug trafficking and money laundering. This judgement directly relates to (and further documents) the September 16, 2008 "How U.S Federal Agents succesfully Linked Bola Tinubu to drug Trafficking Ring in Chicago" report by Sahara Reporters

Snippets of the case and subsequent judgement are presented below. The complete document (VERY LARGE pdf file - 4mb) can be downloaded at the end of this report.

The United States of America, by its attorney, Michael J. Shepard, United States Attorney for Northern District of Illinois, for its verified complaint of forfeiture, states as follows:

1. This is a FORFEITURE action under 21 U.S.C , ss88 and 18, ss 981,
2. The DEFENDANT funds are located in the above-described accounts and were SEIZED pursuant to PROCESS ISSUED BY THIS COURT,
4, beginning as early as 1998, Adegboyega Mueez Akande, WITH OTHERS OPERATED a organiszation (sic) which DISTRIBUTED WHITE HEROIN, a controlled substance under Title 21 of the United States Code.
5, this DISTRIBUTION OPERATION was conducted on a LARGE SCALE and the PROCEEDS of the operation SUBSTANTIAL. The defendant funds represent proceeds of this OPERATION of property involved in MONEY LAUNDERING.
6, the defendant funds represent proceeds of NARCOTICS TRAFFICKING , and , MONEY LAUNDERING, the funds are therefore FOREFEITABLE to the United States,

JUDGEMENT:
j, Neither a claim nor answer has been filed on behalf of the defendant funds , accordingly, it hereby
ORDERED that the funds in the AMOUNT of $460,000 in account, in the name of BOLA TINUBU represents proceeds of NARCOTICS or were involved in financial transactions in violation of 18 U.S.C ss 1956 and 1957 and therefore these funds are forfeit to the United States,

Sahara Reporters

Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by ninja4life(m): 9:05am On Jul 11, 2013
anonimi:

FYI

so u guys can use sahara reporters against tinubu,i thought day are bias against gej and dey are liars why use dem as a source.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by ninja4life(m): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2013
@op let me start by asking how has femi falana impacted on yorubaland positively how has he contributed to d development of nigeria,when has he ever given ideas or help to the state or federal government which can help to develop yorubaland.critisicm is cheap but can he state his impact on yorubaland if nto he should stfu.but he is right yoruba needs selfless leaders not people like him,totalitarian like Tinubu,obj and learned tormentor like fashola,we deserve better but in d main time we are stuck with dem just as acn stroke out pdp and perform better another party will also strike out acn/apc from south west and bring development and peace to d south west,wen its time we yorubas can read d sign.peace
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by anonimi: 9:23am On Jul 11, 2013
ninja4life: so u guys can use sahara reporters against tinubu,i thought day are bias against gej and dey are liars why use dem as a source.

Maybe, unlike you, I do not follow anyone or anything DOGMATICALLY.
To use Fela's lyrics, I nor dey do follow, follow without opening my sense.
I pick and highlight what is good and what is bad as necessary from the same person, thing or source.

Is that something you can understand, even if you may not be able to practice
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by ninja4life(m): 10:15am On Jul 11, 2013
anonimi:

I pick and highlight what is good and what is bad as necessary from the same person, thing or source.

do u know wats good to u may be bad to me so just say u post from sahara reporter wat supports ur stand and u reject others dat donot,its simple dats human nature so no pun intended.peace
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by ninja4life(m): 10:16am On Jul 11, 2013
anonimi:

do u know wats good to u may be bad to me so just say u post from sahara reporter wat supports ur stand and u reject others dat donot,its simple dats human nature so no pun intended.peace.
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by blacksta(m): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2013
take dat: True, Yoruba needs selfless leaders in the likes of Akala, Bode George, Daniel, Omisore, Oyinlola and Agagu to liberate us. Some of these Jonathan's men also claim to be adherents of Awolowo's ideals while they relentlessly pummeled their people, humiliated and debased them. Thankfully, all these names have been consigned to the dustbin of history!

Case closed grin grin
Re: Yoruba Needs Selfless Leaders by musiwa31: 10:33am On Jul 11, 2013

(1) (Reply)

2015 Presidency: North On Its Own –ebute / Face Your Registration Problems – Presidency Tells APC Leaders / Some Projects in Anambra: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.