Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service (2089 Views)

Evance Ivwurie Lauds Buhari’s Policies To Savage Nigerian Economy / Fayose Lauds Buhari For Appointing Olonishakin Chief Of Defence Staff / Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality (2) (3) (4)

Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by gratieao: 5:39am On Jun 10, 2015
NEWLY elected President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki yesterday commended President Mohammadu Buhari for standing by his word not to interfere in the selection of the leadership of the National Assembly.

In the lower chamber of the National Assembly, Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara in his maiden speech pledged to work with all members to deliver good legislation and good government to Nigerians. Senator Saraki in his inaugural speech said Mr. President’s action has laid a solid foundation for the stability of the 8th National Assembly.

“It will be my responsibility to protect the independence of the legislature in the overall interest of our democracy. Also, our quest for autonomy must not lead us into pursuing adverse relations with other arms of government.

I salute President Buhari for remaining steadfast in his defense of the right of the National Assembly to choose its own leaders which had laid a solid foundation for the stability of the 8th National Assembly,” Saraki said.

Saraki added that the event of yesterday was a clear demonstration that even though they belong to different parties, they are united by a common desire to entrench democracy.

He said: “We have today demonstrated that even though we may belong to different parties, we are ultimately united by our common desire to entrench democracy and allow its principle guide our conducts”.

According to him, the election of the Senate President and the deputy was a vote for a change and it was their responsibility to justify the change through a proactive Assembly.

“The change that our people voted for is a change from a life of poverty and misery to a life of prosperity, happiness, security and comfort, accountability and respect for democracy.

“This is a change that all of us in the National Assembly must strive to justify as Nigerians want to see a proactive National Assembly. “As the President of the 8th Senate, I shall be guided by the enormity of the responsibilities that this moment imposes on all of us. I shall strive to be just, equitable and fair to all”.

Speaker Dogara expressed appreciation over the confidence reposed on him and applauded his opponent Femi Gbajabiamila for the positive role he played over the years in the House, adding that his election attest to the fact that members of the House were resolute in asserting the independence of the legislature as a co-equal arm of government, he also pledged to keep faith with the duties of Law making, Representation and Oversight of the Executive arm of government.

Said he: “My dear colleagues, by electing me as Speaker you have demonstrated to the world that our legislature is living up to the dreams and aspirations of our founding fathers.

You are leaving a legacy of an accountable, autonomous, focused, progressive and united House capable of playing its role as the stabilizing force in our polity.

We have shown once again that this is a House of the Nigerian people. According to Dogara, “After 16 years of unbroken experiment in constitutional democracy, it is right to say that the Nigerian legislature has come of age.

The House continues to remain the repository of the democratic hopes and ambitious of our people. This is a truly representative Chamber that can be relied upon to rise to the occasion when duty calls.

“It should be noted that we are heirs, to a long tradition of a House where debates are robustly undertaken, where radicalism flows as an institutional prerogative.

We continue to be the bulwark for the defence of the rights and privileges of the “common man.” We shall continue to champion the rights of the weak and poor. We shall continue to be the anchor for the wellbeing of our people. “My honourable colleagues, after the euphoria of today comes the difficulties of tomorrow.

We take office at a period in our history when the morale of our people is at its lowest ebb. We take office when our economy is in shambles, when the living conditions of Nigerians are in poor shape, when infrastructures are nonexistent or at best decayed. Our people are no longer safe in their homes .We face a debt crises once again,” the new Reps Speaker said.

“We are in a period of great social and political malaise, provision of basic necessities of life for our people are becoming increasingly difficult. Long fuel lines, high cost of living, and epileptic electricity supply or in most instances complete darkness has become the order of the day. The Health needs of the majority of our people are not being met.

Extreme poverty still envelops a large percentage of our population. For too long, Nigerians have suffered degradation and neglect. The list is endless. “It will be unfair to say that efforts have not been made by our past leaders to solve all these problems.

Quite to the contrary, a lot of progress has been made in many fields. But it appears as if we have not done enough, as the problems still remain.

“We are poised to use our new office to wage a mortal combat with the cancer of corruption, incompetence, insecurity, bad governance and infrastructural decay. We shall wage an unrelenting legislative war on insecurity, unemployment, poverty, lack of power supply, educational inadequacies, health problems and social decay. “We have run out of excuses.

We may be accused of falling short at the end of the day, but we will not be accused of not doing our best to reposition this nation, Nigeria, as a beacon of hope for Africa. We hope that our best will be good enough.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/saraki-lauds-buharis-neutrality-dogara-pledges-selfless-service/
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Bensondrums(m): 5:41am On Jun 10, 2015
Nice one...long leave d federal republic of nigeria.. FTC tinssss.
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by mrvitalis(m): 5:42am On Jun 10, 2015
Buhari is a man of his words
Only a fool wont know that

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:
APC members keep telling me that Buhari deliberately did not want to meddle with the affairs of the house and to promote the strengthening of that institution and that is why he did not endorse or push for specific candidatures to represent APC in the house.

I say big lie to this crap,

Buhari does not fully understand how modern day politics and governance works in a democratic environment or else he would have seen that as president he can not do jack sh1t without the house in passing and ratifying most of his executive functions.

When I say this man is a dullard people will start insulting me.

Buhari still thinks this is 1984 and that Nigerians elected him as their head of state.

In some ways I understand Tinubu's frustration from the NASS elections is more towards Buhari's nonchalant attitude.

The likes of Tinubu know first hand of Buhari's daftness and that is why they supported him thinking they can have their way but now they now know that giving an ignoramus the reigns of power of both their party and the Nation was an act of folly on their own part.

Interesting times lie ahead of us.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2496848_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

PIC VERY RELATED: The dullard loitering the grounds of G7 summit lost and confused
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by ramdris(m): 5:47am On Jun 10, 2015
To me only Dogara truly won. Saraki should have waited for other members to be present so his leadership would have been deemed worthy. But anyway, congratulations to them all cos ultimately, na God win.

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by makzeze: 5:50am On Jun 10, 2015
Saraki won in a sham and dubious selection process.

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by modath(f): 5:52am On Jun 10, 2015
makzeze:
Saraki won in a sham and dubious selection process.

Saraki didn't "win",he staged a coup & I can see Atiku Abubakar's handwriting all over the well orchestrated script..

He would have won if he had continued to stand his ground & refused to be compensated with another position.

I even prayed that he should win cos he blew the lid on the subsidy scam & is also disposed to an open budget but the way and manner he went about his "treachery" should be a course to be studied in a pol science class.

He is happy that he has achieved his aim now but Karma is a b1tch... lipsrsealed , he will get served, I have zero doubt just the way I had none that he wil get that post before he did.

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by PassingShot(m): 5:59am On Jun 10, 2015
PMB has proved to be way smarter than Tinubu by not engaging in a battle he was not sure of winning.

Had Tinubu realized same, he would have negotiated with Saraki/Dogara to share the spoils.

PMB said it from day 1 that he would prefer the NASS choose their leaders without interference as he could not be sure of who would get it.

All attempts by APC to make him support their choice failed as the General could reason beyond them.

Now, Saraki/Dogara still have their respect for the president intact while Tinubu/APC must accept them as they cannot be impeached.

For you to appreciate that the president was neutral, you must first understand the dilemma he was put in by APC/Tinubu's position. The dilemma was such that he couldn't be seen to work against APC and he must also not be seen supporting one candidate against the other.

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 10, 2015
Dear WombRaiders, do not scatter my Belle with laughter. The Dullard is loitering the grounds of G7 lost and confused...lol

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 10, 2015
PassingShot:
PMB has proved to be way smarter than Tinubu by not engaging in a battle he was not sure of winning.

Had Tinubu realized same, he would have negotiated with Saraki/Dogara to share the spoils.

PMB said it from day 1 that he would prefer the NASS choose their leaders without interference as he could not be sure of who would get it.

All attempts by APC to make him support their choice failed as the General could reason beyond them.

Now, Saraki/Dogara still have their respect for the president intact while Tinubu/APC must accept them as they cannot be impeached.

Buhari forgets that he needs some one on his own page in the National assembly to make his govt work smoothly.

The elections yesterday where in defiance of laid down party directives which shows a party in great divide.

Not every APC member is fully committed to the APC or Buhari himself as most of the party shots defected to the APC to secure their own political ambitions.

The outcome of Saraki and Dagaro in spite of objections from APC hierarchy shows a party divided.

Saraki in particular sent a message to Tinubu that he can not dictate to him.

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by olasmith10(m): 6:05am On Jun 10, 2015
The die is cast.. what remains now is if for the interest of the masses, whether saraki will exhibit dis treacherous character truout his tenure.
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by gleaf: 6:06am On Jun 10, 2015
Who else is enjoying this CHANGE within CHANGERS!!! With what happend yesterday, I now believe what Tony Anenih said sometime ago, that PDP is the only political party in Nigeria. Once a member political mastery begins to run in your DNA..... Change is constant.......
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by mrmetoo1: 6:08am On Jun 10, 2015
[quote author=WombRaiders post=34610348][/quote]

I'm sorry but your post made zero sense. Its not every time some of you guys have to say something bad about Buhari, it doesn't promote your cause in any way. You don't need to sound unintelligent just to criticize the president for the sake of it

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by emerged01(m): 6:10am On Jun 10, 2015
modath:

Saraki didn't "win",he staged a coup & I can see Atiku Abubakar's handwriting all over the well ochestrated script..

He would have won if he had continued to stand his ground & refused to be compensated with another position.

I even prayed that he should win cos he blew the lid on the subsidy scam & is also disposed to an open budget but the way and manner he went about his "treachery" should be a course to be studied in a pol science class.

He is happy that he has achieved his aim now but Karma is a b1tch... lipsrsealed , he will get served, I have zero doubt just the way I had none that he wil get that post before he did.
yeah karma is a b1tch.

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 10, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I'm sorry but your post made zero sense. Its not every time some of you guys have to say something bad about Buhari, it doesn't promote your cause in any way. You don't need to sound unintelligent just to criticize the president for the sake of it

I have seen given up trying to make sense with a janjawiid

So the feeling is mutual

Cheerio!
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by gratieao: 6:11am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

Buhari forgets that he needs some one on his own page in the National assembly to make his govt work smoothly.

The elections yesterday where in defiance of laid down party directives which shows a party in great divide.

Not every APC member is fully committed to the APC or Buhari himself as most of the party shots defected to the APC to secure their own political ambitions.

The outcome of Saraki and Dagaro in spite of objections from APC hierarchy shows a party divided.

Duara dullard does not know what it takes to govern in a democratic settings. It most surely come back to hunt him

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 10, 2015
gratieao:

Duara dullard does not know what it takes to govern in a democratic settings. It most surely come back to hunt him

The same mistake Goodluck did with Tambuwal.

Remember, PDP began to crack in the National assembly.

Tinubu's over bloated ego has been seriously deflated by Saraki and you can bet Tinubu will keep beefing Saraki.

Tinubu will create a faction within the APC and from there he will take his Osogbo brigade out of the APC.
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 10, 2015
I don't just know why I don't like the sarakis. Anyway bukola sakari shouldn't try to bring the nonsense he is doing in his state to the national level. Nobody will buy into his dubious scheme, manipulative ways in the NA. His victory is even questionable. Bukola saraki is just a selfish conniving prick. Dude should know that Nigeria is not his kwara state were he can get things done in his own ways anytime he wants.

Buhari should be very careful with that rastaferian called saraki. I don't trust that man for one second

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by PassingShot(m): 6:17am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

Are you suggesting that Saraki is not on the same page as PMB? I do not yet have anything to accept that position and if you have, please bring it forth. the last time I checked, Saraki was in the fore-front of Buhari's election campaign in all the NC/NE/NW/SW states. Saraki spent his personal fortune as well to make Buhari win.

What is new in this development? There has always been defiance and there will always be defiance by party members as soon as the party is seen to be against their ambition. We saw it with PDP (even worse when nPDP members worked out on the president) and we have witnessed it with yesterday's election.

Just as not every APC member is fully committed to APC is the same way not every member is fully committed to PDP. We read it daily how PDP members sabotage GEJ's re-election for one reason or the other. Politics is about personal interest first before anything else.

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 10, 2015
PassingShot:

Are you suggesting that Saraki is not on the same page as PMB? I do not yet have anything to accept that position and if you have, please bring it forth. the last time I checked, Saraki was in the fore-front of Buhari's election campaign in all the NC/NE/NW/SW states. Saraki spent his personal fortune as well to make Buhari win.

What is new in this development? There has always been defiance and there will always be defiance by party members as soon as the party is seen to be against their ambition. We saw it with PDP (even worse when nPDP members worked out on the president) and we have witnessed it with yesterday's election.

Just as not every APC member is fully committed to APC is the same way not every member is fully committed to PDP. We read it daily how PDP members sabotage GEJ's re-election for one reason or the other. Politics is about personal interest first before anything else.

You forgot that Saraki's stay in the Senate will not be possible if GEJ won.

Mark would have still been the President of the Senate and from there Saraki's seat alongside those of the PDP members who defected declared vacant.
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by modath(f): 6:23am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

Buhari did not forget & he will each & everytime get whatever bill he wants passed with little acrimony, he has the backing of Nigerians... but he was wise in his ways since he knew "bad belle trolls" like you will surely go screamin "dictating tyrant" if he had interfered in that process.

Call him whatever name bring small joy to you cos no matter how happy you are about the NASS debacle, Baba is still the president & that is the real koko.

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by modath(f): 6:23am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

Buhari did not forget & he will each & everytime get whatever bill he wants passed with little acrimony, he has the backing of Nigerians... but he was wise in his ways since he knew "bad belle trolls" like you will surely go screamin "dictating tyrant" if he had interfered in that process.

Call him whatever name that brings small joy to you cos no matter how happy you are about the NASS debacle,don't forget your collective pain;Baba is still the president & not your clueless hero & that is the real koko"
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 10, 2015
modath:

Call him whatever name that brings small joy to you cos no matter how happy you are about the NASS debacle,don't forget your collective pain;Baba is still the president & not your clueless hero & that is the real koko"

Buhari does not know jack sh1t.

Very soon his messianic toga will wear off and you will see him as the biggest ignoramus he is and duly kick him to the kerb

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by mrmetoo1: 6:38am On Jun 10, 2015
gratieao:

Please explain yourself. He accepted the outcome, he said he'll work with them. He said their victory was constitutional. So how has anything he has done/said not in accordance to a democratic "settings". Or is that just something you hear people say and you decided to regurgitate just to feel among.

Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by mrmetoo1: 6:42am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

Buhari does not know jack sh1t.

Very soon his messianic toga will wear off and you will see him as the biggest ignoramus he is and duly kick him to the kerb

Let me tell you, the way they'll hold Buhari accountable is the way they'll hold Saraki accountable. People are smarter and more involved. Then Saraki just put the spotlight on himself which could work for good or for bad for him.

If he's serious about moving this country forward and his ideas align with the president's PDP members are going to realize very quickly that they were just pawns.

All those that think just because of this Saraki will work against the success of the president, my question is, to what end?
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by disloman(m): 6:53am On Jun 10, 2015
Saraki n dogara?I dey laugh oooooo.just make sure una enjoy what u av now oooo.Hope una no go regret una actions.PDPings?congrat oooooo but I dey laugh oooo.
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by disloman(m): 6:57am On Jun 10, 2015
PassingShot:

For you to appreciate that the president was neutral, you must first understand the dilemma he was put in by APC/Tinubu's position. The dilemma was such that he couldn't be seen to work against APC and he must also not be seen supporting one candidate against the other.
Y is Tinubu is always mentioned whenever APC take an action?APC is bigger that Tinubu.Do u knw y APC doesn't want Saraki as SP?APC is different from other parties.Passingshot!U should av knw berra.
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by kheart(m): 7:11am On Jun 10, 2015
Saraki bleep up big time, he would ve still won d election even if other members were present during d unoppose selection.

It shows dat he s lust for power and too desperate which I bliv ll hunt him in d future.

Congrat to him cos I don't like tinubu stooge one bit, the earlier tinubu is tame d better for d whole con3.
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by ifyan(m): 7:26am On Jun 10, 2015
Forget it if you are not smart politics is a no go area.
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by DropShot: 7:52am On Jun 10, 2015
Cc. Lalasticlala
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 10, 2015
Help me say AMIN oo
Re: Saraki Lauds Buhari’s Neutrality, Dogara Pledges Selfless Service by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 10, 2015
disloman:
Saraki n dogara?I dey laugh oooooo.just make sure una enjoy what u av now oooo.Hope una no go regret una actions.PDPings?congrat oooooo but I dey laugh oooo.
u get choice? Common chop dog meat and laugh

Senator Lawan Rejects Saraki’s Offer / The Old Maps Of Biafra Being Peddled Online Are Fakes - Fact / Nnamdi Kanu: The Caller On The Phone Can You Hear Me, Lagos Is On Live!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70