Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,317 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba (1191 Views)

Woman Pronounced Dead In Edo Found Alive In Aba / Working Class Nigerian Ladies And House Wives Who Is More Prone To Cheating.. / ‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by eremy: 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
Please can Nairalanders familiar with Aba advise on areas that are not prone to flooding in Aba? I was recently posted to Aba to work and am on a lookout for a place to rent.

All positive inputs are welcome and highly appreciated in advance.
Re: Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by chysan(f): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
eremy: Please can Nairalanders familiar with Aba advise on areas that are not prone to flooding in Aba? I was recently posted to Aba to work and am on a lookout for a place to rent.

All positive inputs are welcome and highly appreciated in advance.
Eziama road,pz all this place are not prone to flooding.
Re: Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by eremy: 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
Thanks a lot. I will check up on the area ASAP.

More contributions are welcome.

An excellent nursery/primary school is also needed for my kids. Any referrals? And the reason(s) for their choice will be appreciated.
Re: Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by breadplanet(f): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
Eziama is d perfect choice. D area is quite large and very cool. If you are a christian Living word Schools is very good.
Re: Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by eremy: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Many thanks @ breadplanet.
Re: Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by obicentlis: 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
When you talk abt flooding, I think of bad road as suppose question for u to ask cos for my morethan 28years in Aba, I ve not experienced flooding apart of the Uratta road flooding. Where you are going to work should decide where you will live. You can't be working at PH road and live at Eziama , bf u could reach ph road in d morning considering th bad road of Ph road and traffic therein. I can advice you based on where u will be working. Living word school is living on its old glory. If you have the money, International early Learning centre or tender heart school is ideal.
Re: Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by eremy: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ obicentlis,

Many thanks. I will do a search on these schools and decide.

Once ,I was out on a day it rained heavily, the area beside Ekenna GRA was really flooded with water entering people's houses and shops.

It was pathetic.
Re: Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by obicentlis: 11:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
If you want to avoid flooding as you mean then you should go to Okpulu Umuobo axis bf the bridge. Its sa good area if u can secure an apartment there. You can equally try PZ axis no flooding with constant power.
Re: Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by breadplanet(f): 6:45am On Jul 14, 2013
Hmmm the constant light in pz is a thing of the past o! Have lived there for almost 3 decades. Its not as good as it was but i guess its better than some areas.
Thats the eziama i talked about earlier. To the person that talked about proximity to place of work Aba is not that big of a town that you won't get to your place of work if u leave at a reasonable time. Unless an act of God happens maybe earthquake or sunami *hehe*. Anyways op check out all these areas and choose but it all boils down to where you can get an apartment when you need it you know.
Ps: Living word schools is not living in its old glory abeg.
Re: Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by EfemenaXY: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
I'm just wondering...shouldn't there be some sort of National Geographical / Environmental office where one can get the information you seek, @OP?

Some areas may appear dry and fine year after year, but in reality, they could be flood plains. I read somewhere that even the ancient Romans knew how to detect such areas and were careful not to build houses there.

Or what about during the flooding last year? Any areas that survived the flood and rivers breaking their banks should be a good indication for starters (I think)...
Re: Help With List Of Areas Not Prone To Flooding In Aba by eremy: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thanks Efe (my namesake).

I guess there should be a relevant office that can offer such information.

But it is easier for me to read other people's experiences than seek such an office (my work schedule is usually tight).

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise My Friend / Share Ya Story About Waking Up And Think Evening Was Morning / Family Unable To Pay Hospital Bill After Giving Birth To Triplets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.