Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? (2870 Views)

Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) / Hyundai Genesis AR550 - The Most Powerful Hyundai Car / How To Know A V4, V6, Or V8. Car By mere Looking At It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by johnwell(m): 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
Please house help a friend out.

He is so much in love with the V8 hyundai genesis & he decided going for the 2010 model. Right now he's in Lagos, planning to enter benin republic (cotonou) to hunt for this ride tomorrow.

The questions are;
1- will he see this ride there?
2- what will be the cost (american spec)
3- how is the running/maintenance cost of this ride.

Please usefull comments are welcome., thanx
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by johnwell(m): 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
PICS

Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by johnwell(m): 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
MORE DETAILS
Engine & Performance
- Rear Wheel Drive
- 8 Cylinder Engine (V8)

Displacement: 4.6L/281Horsepower
(Net @ RPM): 378 @ 6500Torque
(Net @ RPM): 324 @ 3500
Transmission: 6 speed Automatic w/OD
Turning diameter: 36.0
Fuel: Gasoline
Fuel Tank Capacity (gal): 20.5

Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by Konnektions146(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
you may check edmunds.com or msn auto for.user reviews ..
seem a good ride though
www.edmunds.com/hyundai/genesis/2010/#
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
My only issue with the genesis is the outrageous price of its spare parts.
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by johnwell(m): 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
platinumricky: My only issue with the genesis is the outrageous price of its spare parts.

so I heard, but how reliable is it on naija roads?
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by johnwell(m): 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
Konnektions146: you may check edmunds.com or msn auto for.user reviews ..
seem a good ride though
www.edmunds.com/hyundai/genesis/2010/#

yeah, I've done that, thanx...

ami do k'obio efik, afo odu k'mong?
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
johnwell:

so I heard, but how reliable is it on naija roads?
they are very reliable..... but after considering their running costs, prices of their body panels and other components over here, i would rather stick to a benz or bmw, at least they are known devils. it is worthy to note that the E60 5series was the benchmark used during the R & D phase of the genesis' development.
I like the genesis, but I think hyundai is making a big mistake by not spinning the 'Genesis' brand into a separate luxury brand of its own. Those south koreans should grow some balls.

1 Like

Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by johnwell(m): 7:35am On Jul 11, 2013
platinumricky: they are very reliable..... but after considering their running costs, prices of their body panels and other components over here, i would rather stick to a benz or bmw, at least they are known devils. it is worthy to note that the E60 5series was the benchmark used during the R & D phase of the genesis' development.
I like the genesis, but I think hyundai is making a big mistake by not spinning the 'Genesis' brand into a separate luxury brand of its own. Those south koreans should grow some balls.

do you have any idea how much it will cost to purchase a 2010 (v8) model?

Initially, we were considering an 2010 Acura RL, but the cost is high.
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2013
johnwell:

do you have any idea how much it will cost to purchase a 2010 (v8) model?

Initially, we were considering an 2010 Acura RL, but the cost is high.
this is a wild estimate; a 2010 V8 with a clean title should go for between 4.2m-7m depending on the specs and mileage. salvaged variants will be lesser though.
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by johnwell(m): 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
platinumricky: this is a wild estimate; a 2010 V8 with a clean title should go for between 4.2m-7m depending on the specs and mileage. salvaged variants will be lesser though.

"ubok abasi" Jesu Christi, no wander my friend has been in the market for days & couldn't find any...... that means the 2010 Acura RL is cheaper.
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
johnwell:

"ubok abasi" Jesu Christi, no wander my friend has been in the market for days & couldn't find any...... that means the 2010 Acura RL is cheaper.
like i said, its a wild estimate based on the average cost online, estimated shipping/clearing cost in addition to the dealer's estimated profit margin. Unlike other hyundais that depreciate quickly, the genesis seems to hold its residual value rather well, its just that it has an image problem... irrespective of how u choose to look at it, its still a hyundai! the VW phaeton is another stunning vehicle that has the same issue with the genesis; Snob value.
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by johnwell(m): 6:42am On Jul 13, 2013
platinumricky: like i said, its a wild estimate based on the average cost online, estimated shipping/clearing cost in addition to the dealer's estimated profit margin. Unlike other hyundais that depreciate quickly, the genesis seems to hold its residual value rather well, its just that it has an image problem... irrespective of how u choose to look at it, its still a hyundai! the VW phaeton is another stunning vehicle that has the same issue with the genesis; Snob value.

Am begining to be scared of this machine, despite the power it has.....
we can't find it in the benin auto city, am always scared of this pre-ordering thing, but one korean auto giant here in benin agreed to pre-order for us, we told him we're coming back on monday...
He showed us one beastly hyundai equu....... (I forget the full name)
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 13, 2013
johnwell:

Am begining to be scared of this machine, despite the power it has.....
we can't find it in the benin auto city, am always scared of this pre-ordering thing, but one korean auto giant here in benin agreed to pre-order for us, we told him we're coming back on monday...
He showed us one beastly hyundai equu....... (I forget the full name)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/2011_Hyundai_Equus_--_12-29-2011.jpg/800px-2011_Hyundai_Equus_--_12-29-2011.jpg

Its known as the equus, it uses a stretched genesis platform. This is hyundai's take on the full size heavy hitters; the merc. S class, bmw 7series, audi A8, jaguar XJ and lexus LS. it still suffers from the image problem of the genesis though...
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
I'm not a Hyundai / Kia fan (I've worked for Kia, and seen things from a different perspective). They have however made big improvements in recent models.

I would pick the 2010 Acura RL over the Hyundai Genesis anyday. An overall better package, better residual value and more importantly, legendary Honda reliability.
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by johnwell(m): 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
Siena: I'm not a Hyundai / Kia fan (I've worked for Kia, and seen things from a different perspective). They have however made big improvements in recent models.

I would pick the 2010 Acura RL over the Hyundai Genesis anyday. An overall better package, better residual value and more importantly, legendary Honda reliability.

Cute, you have cleared my doubts, thanx brother
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ Siena: Is the genesis available for the UK domestic market yet?
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by johnwell(m): 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
platinumricky:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/2011_Hyundai_Equus_--_12-29-2011.jpg/800px-2011_Hyundai_Equus_--_12-29-2011.jpg

Its known as the equus, it uses a stretched genesis platform. This is hyundai's take on the full size heavy hitters; the merc. S class, bmw 7series, audi A8, jaguar XJ and lexus LS. it still suffers from the image problem of the genesis though...

I bow for this machine....
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
platinumricky: @ Siena: Is the genesis available for the UK domestic market yet?

Now that's what I'm not sure of. I haven't seen any yet.
Re: What About Hyundai Genesis 2010 V8? by donstefano8(m): 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
platinumricky:
they are very reliable..... but after considering their running costs, prices of their body panels and other components over here, i would rather stick to a benz or bmw, at least they are known devils. it is worthy to note that the E60 5series was the benchmark used during the R & D phase of the genesis' development.

I wish you could see the future then

(1) (Reply)

Which Car Will Go First? / Sienna Vs Odyssey / Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.