Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China (3710 Views)

Nigerian Politicians Shares Garri, Sugar And Ground Nuts: Very Shameful / A Very Shameful Post From Apcnigeria Twitter Handle / (video) Very Shameful Buhari Does Not Know The Meaning Of INEC And APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by dolphinife: 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
While am not here condemning the motives of President Goodluck Jonathan going to China to seek for loan, am very disappointed and ashamed to be called an African man, a Nigerian, and by extension, a Yoruba man for that matter, for the inferior reception being given to the President.

Reading all the newspapers today, i saw that President Jonathan was received at the airport by the Chinese Assistant Foreign Minister, and our dear President was seen smiling towards the guest. Its a global phenomenon that whenever a president of any country is going to another country for a visit or business, the host president would as a matter of reception, go to the airport to receive the president irrespective of the country the president is heading.

I am very worried and disturbed that our president can be subjected to this charade of shame called reception. Nevertheless, had it mean Nigeria has live up to its name, our president wouldn't have been subjected to this humiliation. I heard our president is in China to seek for 3billion dollars when in the first place, we have so many things we can use in this country to generate such amount. The amount being realised by the oil bunkerers every month is more than 3billion dollars.

If our president can be given this kind of reception, i wonder what manner of reception they would give to an ordinary man. My candid advice for everybody is that we should look inward and solve our problems instead of travelling far and wide to seek for loans. It is high time we harness our natural resources so that we can generate more financial strength to cater for our financial needs.

THANK YOU ALL

6 Likes

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Josegun(m): 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
Too bad.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by DisGuy: 1:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hmm

when i watched the arrival, i noticed almost all the people he WENT with lined up to welcome and shake his hand

I mean these are the same people he travelled with, they couldnt get chinese officials/businessmen to welcome him
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by IdomaLikita: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Na today??
The same way a low-ranking congressman was sent by the US to attend his Inaugration.

GEJ needs to Overhaul his Ministry of Foreign Affairs..It Reeks of Corruption, Low Self esteem, cluelessness and redundancy!

1 Like

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by dayokanu(m): 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
So Retardeen don go shame himself for China again?

Like he did in Australia during the commonwealth head of govt meeting

Like he did in Davos

4 Likes

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
Attention seeking Retardeen and Retardeeness! "shaking my head" cry

Apologies to Demdem, i just had to use the words. grin

1 Like

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by sexkilzaphull: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
LSWTMB! grin grin grin Laff Seriously Wan Team My Belle ooo grin grin grin tongue tongue

Even the Chinese know that this beggarly president is a buffoon! Just for $ 3 B, he has sold out more of the respect of Nigerians! Chai, when Obasanjo was president, he played in the leagues of Bush, Clinton and Gordon Brown! Now, the retardeenic president goes to smile for the camera for regular pencil pushers in the Chinese bureaucracy - a regular office staff devoid of any real powers! All they have to do is to shove the measly 3 B in his mouth and extort guarantees that have been written way before the meeting! Does anyone think this loan is for nothing? Chinese loan repayable with at interest, and the jobs must be contracted to Chinese firms, plus more! Yet they send a low-ranking pencil pusher! This is what the tribal and religious bigots have gotten Nigeria into! angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by dolphinife: 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
This tends to show the level of ridicule Nigeria have been subjected to in recent years. You can never see Jacob Zuman travelling to any country, and the host country would send someone to receive zuma, it has never happen before. The minister of foreign affairs should tell us why Nigeria's ego was insulted, and our president turned to a mere local government chairman with an assistant foreign affairs sent to welcome him.

Lest I forget, I was told that Jonathan went to China with his wife, 13 ministers and 5 governors just to seek for 3billion dollars loan. Is this not barbaric and incorrigible? Who foot the bills of the travelling? Nigeria is as hopeless as anything.

I guess our president is not assertive and affirmative. During OBJ era, he was never received by any minister at the airport other than the host president or prime minister. Obasanjo was soinfluential and powerful that any country he's going to, the host country always give their maximum allegiance and support to him right frm the airport. Jonathan need to imbibe this mentality and stop being ridiculed by these CHINKOS

2 Likes

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Abeg you guys leave my president alone jor.

Please show some respect.

At least he was not drunk on Kainkain and he did not grab a Chinese girl at the airport.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Well you should understand that from the Chinese point of view, Nigerian and Nigerian politicians are stupid negros that

they can take advantage of. It would be difficult for the Chinese government to respect Nigerian government, because they

view them as people that are too corrupt. The Chinese government is more likely to give Dangote a much better welcome than

the Nigerian president.

5 Likes

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by jjcbuthot: 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
How do you expect a prodigal beggar to be treated?
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2013

2 Likes

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by chistar01(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
Lmao!, this is strangly funny ... Well what do you expect from a man who had no shoes ..i heard the chinese president dont deal with people who had no shoes.... Its a pity all d same.. *covers face in shame* smh
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by bknight: 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
Idoma Likita: Na today??
The same way a low-ranking congressman was sent by the US to attend his Inaugration.

GEJ NIGERIA needs to Overhaul hisher Ministry of Foreign Affairs..It Reeks of Corruption, Low Self esteem, cluelessness and redundancy!

I'm coming with a revolution to that ministry my friend...in due time! cool
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by bloggernaija: 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
The fact is that they know that they have conquered nigeria. They are getting everything for nothing.
When your government is giving out oil blocks for infrastructure ,they instinctively know that they are dealing with a provincial class stateman.
When you borrow money from a country and then use that money to buy stuffs from the same country without them even bidding fit.you will be taken advantage of.
The world of diplomacy is no different from the business world.
You have to bargain hard like people do in idumota,alaba that even the owner of the shop would be praying that his gods should not bring this customer to his shop ever again

1 Like

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by ujoinme: 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
You folks seem to think so highly of Nigeria. Its not GEJs fault that the world have very low regard for our country. it because we are a country that is yet to live up to its potentials.
If china will help us realize those potentials and earn some respectability from the international communities then so be it.
and until then we are just another developing African country.

2 Likes

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by NDSMART(m): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
I dnt really undastd all this NL dudes, few hours ago u were supporting and celebrating GEJ, and Just now u are cursing the retardeen....ooo sory the man..........nawaoo
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by kehinde1588(m): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
Frm my stand point,Nigerians got no president. GEJ is a disgrace to giant of africa,he has made everything worst both localy and internationally,no self-esteem for Nigerians and Nigeria globally. Am so dispointed in GEJ..am nt proud to be a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
Whether monkeys were sent to receive him doesn't change the fact that he is the president of your country. Is a political plus for him to humble himself and shook hands with the low key chinese officials that were sent to welcome him. This event shows that he is not a spoilt brat. The moment you imps put it into your vermin infested skulls that GEJ must complete his God given two tenure, the better for your miserable souls. Ara sachaupu una anya.

1 Like

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Arosa(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
hmm!undecided
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Horlawoomey(m): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
Not the Chinese President, not the Foreign Minister. . . . The Assistant Foreign Minister recieving our Almighty President the olowo ori of madam patient., Oluomo 1 of Otuoke Land. . . That is so humilating.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by dolphinife: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mr. Man, its like you don't understand what is called INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND DIPLOMACY. For instance, Obama wnt to visit Nigeria, and Goodluck Jonathan sent Minister of foreign affairs to meet him at the airport, what would you think? This issues is not a matter of being a spoilt brat or not, its the norm of diplomatic etiquettes and it has to be followed strictly.

Are you teling us that you are happy that our president, and Nigerians by extension are happy begging for loans and grants here and there when we have so much potentials which are waiting to be harnessed?

chidindufrank: Whether monkeys were sent to receive him doesn't change the fact that he is the president of your country. Is a political plus for him to humble himself and shook hands with the low key chinese officials that were sent to welcome him. This event shows that he is not a spoilt brat. The moment you imps put it into your vermin infested skulls that GEJ must complete his God given two tenure, the better for your miserable souls. Ara sachaupu una anya.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
dolphinife: Mr. Man, its like you don't understand what is called INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND DIPLOMACY. For instance, Obama wnt to visit Nigeria, and Goodluck Jonathan sent Minister of foreign affairs to meet him at the airport, what would you think? This issues is not a matter of being a spoilt brat or not, its the norm of diplomatic etiquettes and it has to be followed strictly.

Are you teling us that you are happy that our president, and Nigerians by extension are happy begging for loans and grants here and there when we have so much potentials which are waiting to be harnessed?

I didn't say anything about the loan.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by lakpalakpa: 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
Our Presidential Mugu don go disgrace himself had that "Bag-of-Beans". He calls his wife...

I dey laff ooo

cheesy cheesy
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by superior1: 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jona-dumbo's trouble is that naughty boy called Ameachi and his NGF partners. I learnt from a credible source It was APC and other haters that told the Chinko Govt to treat Dumbo like an errand boy.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by HammedSodiqq: 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by jjcbuthot: 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
NDSMART: I dnt really undastd all this NL dudes, few hours ago u were supporting and celebrating GEJ, and Just now u are cursing the retardeen....ooo sory the man..........nawaoo

Who was celebrating him? Those celebrating are the shortsighted villagers from SE/SS - and the civilized ones among them will not even celebrate him - a man that doesnt give a damn to asset declaration now going about to borrow money which most probably will be stolen.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by dolphinife: 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
you are just so dumb and retarded. I hope you never show the picture where the chinese prime minister went to the airport to receive jonathan.

HammedSodiqq: https://www.nairaland.com/1354229/welcoming-ceremony-president-jonathan-china

HATERS WATCH AND REMAIN SILENT
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Fkforyou(m): 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
It's not a matter of pride,D truth is dat mr.JOHNY bleeped up.Lets call a spade a spade,thats how low he thinks of himself,the sooner he starts acting as a king(in dis case a president)as such be treated as one,the better for him...Presidents dnt ask 4 respect they take it..Get dat clue mr.JOHNY.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by oduneja: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
berem: Attention seeking Retardeen and Retardeeness! "shaking my head" cry

Apologies to Demdem, i just had to use the words. grin

Berem!
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by k2039: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
chidindufrank: Whether monkeys were sent to receive him doesn't change the fact that he is the president of your country. Is a political plus for him to humble himself and shook hands with the low key chinese officials that were sent to welcome him. This event shows that he is not a spoilt brat. The moment you imps put it into your vermin infested skulls that GEJ must complete his God given two tenure, the better for your miserable souls. Ara sachaupu una anya.
[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39507765.jpg[/img]
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by omarlee(m): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: Cheii...why did he go that far. Otedola plus Dangote plus Adenuga can borrow him that money now...Even Uncle Jona can borrow Nigeria that money....

#Shameless Marafuckers!
hihihihi! Oga @ d top went 2 colect loan cap in hand..wat reception do u xpect 4rm d chinko guyz dem

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHY INEC Mocked Election Failed In Kano But A Success In Lagos And Delta State? / We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders / Nigerian Army Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu Being Held In Military Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.