Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,458 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Confirmed: Boko Haram Agrees To Ceasefire; Apologises To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confirmed: Boko Haram Agrees To Ceasefire; Apologises To Nigerians (661 Views)

GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview / Rebelling PDP Governors, President Jonathan, Agree To ‘ceasefire’ / BREAKING NEWS!!! Boko Haram Offers To Ceasefire,names Gen Buhari To Head Negotia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confirmed: Boko Haram Agrees To Ceasefire; Apologises To Nigerians by tzetzefly(m): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
Boko Haram has dissociated itself from the gruesome killing of 29 students in the recent Government Secondary school, Mamudo, Yobe state attack, as the Federal Government yesterday entered a ceasefire agreement with the sect.

“I want to state clearly that we have no hands in the unfortunate attack on the secondary school (Government Secondary School, Mamudo, Yobe State),” said Imam Muhammadu Marwana, an influential member of the Abubakar Shekau-led Boko Haram sect said as they confirmed the ceasefire to end their deadly activities across most states of Northern Nigeria, which have claimed about 4,000 lives and destroyed properties worth billions of Naira since 2009.

In what will be a second ceasefire agreement, the Boko haram sect have gone ahead to tender an apology as Imam Marwana spoke on Radio France International ( Hausa version).

“We are seeking forgiveness from the people over the number of people killed in the country. I appeal to those who lost their loved ones to our activities to forgive us and on our side we have forgiven all those who committed atrocities against us.” he said.

A faction of the sect had on January 28, 2013 entered a similar ceasefire agreement with the Federal Government which later saw another faction of the sect killing over 250 lives since then.

Sounding apologetic during the Radio news, Imam Marwana declared that “I appeal to those who lost their loved ones to our activities to forgive us and on our side we have forgiven all those who committed atrocities against us.” He added that “I want to state clearly that we have no hands in the unfortunate attack on the secondary school.”

www.thescoopng.com/confirmed-boko-haram-agrees-to-ceasefire-apologises-to-nigerians/
Re: Confirmed: Boko Haram Agrees To Ceasefire; Apologises To Nigerians by 419nigga(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
cheesy @OP say GOD!!
Re: Confirmed: Boko Haram Agrees To Ceasefire; Apologises To Nigerians by okosodo: 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
May GOD destroy them anyway
Re: Confirmed: Boko Haram Agrees To Ceasefire; Apologises To Nigerians by AbdH: 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
A faction of the sect is not the whole sect I believe.
Re: Confirmed: Boko Haram Agrees To Ceasefire; Apologises To Nigerians by AustineE1: 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
Thats arrant nonsense,you must surrender your arms and yourselves to the authority and face the full wrath of the law!...'ignorance of the law is nt an excuse'!let ur fate be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Re: Confirmed: Boko Haram Agrees To Ceasefire; Apologises To Nigerians by FunnyPikincom(m): 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
im sorry to say this, Govt should investigate the Killing, I dont trust JTF anymore. I smell conspiracy here. My Girl friend, a Journalist with AIT in maiduguri confirmed that JTF faction of Boko Haram is far more worse than the known Boko haram. If Boko Haram should ceasefire, no Money for JTF again,they will go back to their barracks, Hence, they keep on fueling the fire in Maiduguri. May God Help us in this Country
Re: Confirmed: Boko Haram Agrees To Ceasefire; Apologises To Nigerians by Mrhod: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
Na wa o, sah govt told us dat they are faceless, who are they now dialoging with.
Re: Confirmed: Boko Haram Agrees To Ceasefire; Apologises To Nigerians by Itoroetti(m): 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=FunnyPikin.com][color=#990000][b]im sorry to say this, Govt should investigate the Killing, I dont trust JTF anymore. I smell conspiracy here. My Girl friend,

Edit ur post for security reasons.period.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Of My Dreams / Lagos BRT Buses Now Glorified Molues – Commuters / Reply To Senator Yerima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.