Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Do You Look Better With Age? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Look Better With Age? (12794 Views)

5 Ways Petroleum Jelly Will Improve Your Skin And Make You Look Better / Smoking Just Got Better With Electronic Cigarette .order yours to Save Your Life / Does Fibroid Has To Do With Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
My own looks get as e be o! There are some pictures that I took few years ago. My face presently looks younger than the looks in those pics.
Last Bullet: When I v full hair, I look more old but when I v low cuts or special cuts, I look younger.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
safarigirl: I no dey like read all these biology threada wey big big english go full

singins# haba...habatically/grammar..... na for dictionary

lol
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by dokunbam(m): 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
idnoble135: yea, i think i do, or you need to see a pix?

With make ups abi?
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by dokunbam(m): 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
nikkyshyne: ^^^Cool. I for one look better with age. I think undecided

With make ups abi?
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by IYANGBALI: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yes of course

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Flygerian1(m): 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yes o! Im waaaaay younger than my age.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
Whoever said the "Older the better" was full of Shit...trust me
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Orikinla(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
I look better as I am now older. In fact, until the grey hair showed up, I was looking 15 years younger, because of my slim figure and no wrinkles. I stopped using dye to let the young girls see my grey hair and stop harassing me for relationship, but it has not discouraged them even though I am married now to one of them.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by paix(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
I have noticed that also. Especially the Hollywood film actors, they age gracefully. Just like me, looking younger than my age.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Tinkybabe(f): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
Orikinla: I look better as I am now older. In fact, until the grey hair showed up, I was looking 15 years younger, because of my slim figure and no wrinkles. I stopped using dye to let the young girls see my grey hair and stop harassing me for relationship, but it has not discouraged them even though I am married now to one of them.
Op didn't ask for a biography now. undecided tongue

There's hope for me then since most people look better with age.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
2legit2qwt: Not sure if this is normal with everyone but do people tend to look better as they get older? I know a few oldies who look way better in their 30s than they did in their teens to 20s?

I'm curious to know the other factors we can attribute this to other than biological changes?
A wise man don't want to grow young, I command more respect now than when I was 30, and am enjoying it
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
I never really looked good in ma teen,early adult sef I now fine but now,I be like Kanye West.. U gotta look twice at this cute Hawt good looking guy
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by fubbyy(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
2legit2qwt: Not sure if this is normal with everyone but do people tend to look better as they get older? I know a few oldies who look way better in their 30s than they did in their teens to 20s?

I'm curious to know the other factors we can attribute this to other than biological changes?
my good looks started when I started developing beards, though I was looking good b4 then but immediately I hit puberty, everything changed,I entered the league of fineboys, the older I get the cuter I look,I had a skinny face with cheek bones that didn't look too good but it got to a time they all disappeared and my face became full with beards

So age really favored me but I give all credit to my beards, God gave me a nice DNA in facial hair
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by k2039: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2013
sanb: I guess some people are fortunate to look 10 years younger than their real age and also look much better as they age. On the other hand, some are not so fortunate; as they look 10 years older than their real age and they don't look better as they age.

Sometimes, a few factors play a role in how you age;

Genetics;
Lifestyle;
Food and drink;
Cosmetics; etc

Although we cannot slow down the ageing process, it’s good advice to put an effort in looking after yourself to avoid aging too quickly….
Correct, Money also plays a major role.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Emmyk(m): 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yeah. People say I look way better than the way I look while younger. My mirror testifies tho..and pictures.. I'm in my early 20s.. Enjoying every bit of it! cheesycheesy
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by kntrovasialmi: 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
What wud you say about one of NL's stakeholder?

[url=http://postimage.org/][/url ]
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by joe4christ(m): 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
Believe me, ageing is a thing of the mind, keep a pure heart, seeking and search for knowledge and wisdom and leaving a healthy life and you'll keep looking younger than your real age.

I'm a living testimony...

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Greatken007(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
I KNOW SE WHEN I GET MONEY THIS FACE SHALL PASS AWAY AND NEW 1 SHALL REPLACE IT

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by debbilici0us(f): 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yeah I look better with age.my eyes were froggy as a child,now they are sexy and alluringwink
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by asagal(f): 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
Infact, people never biliv ma age.

Kids think i am their mates undecided[/quote]

Sori bt r u rlatd 2 aki n pawpaw
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by OMOSOFEF: 9:46pm On Jul 14, 2013
[quote][/quote][img]

Let us look at the various factors that CAN ACCELERATE AGING:

STRESS

sleep deprivation

Nutritionally imbalanced diet

Consumption of junk food

Heavy cosmetic usage

Over exposure to sunlight

Worry and anxiety

Conflict in marriages

overwork

Alcohol consumption and tobacco usage

What is required to reverse this trend is to allow

Moderation in everything, avoid the causative factors listed

above and get your mind occupied with great things

Then natural skin care should be started early.

www.skinreviving.com

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by OMOSOFEF: 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
6 Pampering Homemade Natural Skin Care Recipes with Honey

Here are some do-it-yourself, self-help, extremely easy to follow recipes to enjoy the benefits of honey in skin care. I recommend them also because all the ingredients that go along with them are so easily accessible.
1. Cucumber-Honey Toner:
Puree 1 cucumber in a blender, drain and collect the juice. Add 2 teaspoons of honey into the juice and mix. Pour the mixture into a bottle. Apply on the face and neck area with a cotton pad in the morning and at night. Air dry it and rinse clean. Store the bottle covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
2. Honey-Apple Toner:
In a blender or food processor, combine 1 peeled, cored apple with a tablespoon of honey and pulse until smooth. Apply mixture to face and allow it to stay for 15 minutes, then rinse.
3. Honey-Oats Face Scrub:
Combine 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon finely-ground almonds, 2 tablespoons dry oatmeal, and some lemon juice or yogurt to a luxurious and exfoliating facial scrub. Massage mixture gently onto face, then rinse with warm water. This blend gives a deeply emollient cleansing to the pores of your face. Almonds and oats are superb softening exfoliants.
4. Gentle Honey Cleanser:
Mix 1⁄4 cup honey, 1 tablespoon liquid soap and 1⁄2 cup glycerin (found in drug stores).

Apply gently on to face using a face sponge. Rinse with warm water and pat face dry.
5. Hot Honey Bath:

Perhaps the easiest natural skin care recipe using honey -- Add 1/4 cup of honey to your hot bath water for silky and luscious skin. This is especially good for dry skin.

6. Honey Olive Hair Conditioner:
For lustrous, silky, healthy hair and scalp, simply combine 1/2 cup honey and 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup olive oil. Massage scalp with this conditioner, then put on a shower cap for 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse as usual. Good for hair revitalising.

GETTING A FAIR BEAUTIFUL SKIN

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
I thank God and parents for my cute looks, I sure look younger than my age cheesy.....

And am loving it...!
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by DarkLover: 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ageing I so much dislike, well I looks good with age, I don't seems to age I noticed.

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by fubbyy(m): 6:45am On Jul 15, 2013
Amelian: I thank God and parents for my cute looks, I sure look younger than my age cheesy.....

And am loving it...!
the issue is not looking younger than your age,the issue is if you look cuter as you are aging, me I prefer looking 10 years older than my age but look handsome than ugly 10 years younger
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by biafranqueen: 8:53am On Jul 15, 2013
People never believe my age, I just started wearing makeup a few years ago to special events,I also eat right and exercise. This has a lot to do with my youthful appearance. In my early 20 s I was over weight anyway so when I slimmed down it really made me look younger. Also my parents are very youthful looking so it may be my genes.
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by playboy19(m): 11:15am On Jul 15, 2013
indigene:
A wise man don't want to grow young, I command more respect now than when I was 30, and am enjoying it

This is like the dumbest response of all time. It's not very difficult to smell a 'low self-esteem' from this post. Why in this world would anyone want to grow old? Oh, you couldn't cop yourself some respect when you were 30? Are you serious? Wow! Just wow.

Anyway, just so you know, respect is not given just because of your looks, you earn it by what comes out of your mouth (for the most part), which is the representation of what you have in your head. You may look like Fatai Rolling-dollar and still speak like a child, guess what? You aint getting no R-E-S-P-E-C-T from nobody.

1 Like

Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by fubbyy(m): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2013
playboy19:

This is like the dumbest response of all time. It's not very difficult to smell a 'low self-esteem' from this post. Why in this world would anyone want to grow old? Oh, you couldn't cop yourself some respect when you were 30? Are you serious? Wow! Just wow.

Anyway, just so you know, respect is not given just because of your looks, you earn it by what comes out of your mouth (for the most part), which is the representation of what you have in your head. You may look like Fatai Rolling-dollar and still speak like a child, guess what? You aint getting no R-E-S-P-E-C-T from nobody.
do you know him b4? He said what's going for him and what he likes,different strokes for different folks, its either you concur with him or not, so why the insult?
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Miraclebaby1109: 11:29am On Jul 15, 2013
I look better now in my late 20's than my teens
Re: Do You Look Better With Age? by Miraclebaby1109: 11:33am On Jul 15, 2013
I look 5 years younger than my age, looking better in my 20's

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Dies In Tender Hospital Enugu Due To Alleged Negligence / What Are The Possible Solutions To Watery sperm / Lagos Issues Quit Notice To Sacked Doctors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.