Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Ramadan Tafsir - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Tafsir (8866 Views)

I Need The Link Thread To Tafsir Of Ibn Khatir / Tafsir (points To Ponder) By Nouman Ali Khan / The Tafsir Of Alqur'an Karim; An Explanation That Human Mind Can Comprehend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Tafsir by Muttex(m): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
I have been able to attend tafsir but i listen to the Tafsir from our ustaz on the TV during mid night
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by tbaba1234: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mustay: You shouldn't have brought such thread to the front page, do you wanna keep feeding the troll You'll spoil such a sane dialogue with irrelevancies. You do know how intolerant some people are.

^ On the front page, more people might benefit/contribute in shaa Allah.

Leave the trolls to the moderators
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by Akiika: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
Salam alaekum, i recommend you all watch the Seerah of prophet Muhammed series by Yasir Qadhi, masha Allah this is one of the best scholar i have ever listened to. You will get to know the prophet better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOUp3ZZ9t3A

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Tafsir by tbaba1234: 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
^ Great series... I like Sheikh yasir Qadhi as well.

There is another one done by Mufti Ismail Musa Menk.

Wa aleikum Salam
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by 2busy: 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
May Allah in His infinite mercy reward you with abundant blessing
I really appreciate your efforts in doing tafsir for those of us that cannot attend tafsir for one reason or the other.
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by rukkierae(f): 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
Jazakum lahi khairan. May allah reward ur effort in this life and hereafter.may u increase in wisdom knowledge and understanding
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by Artless360(m): 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
Tnx broda may Allah guard us al..
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by DMainMan: 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
I would lyk to ask these questions and hope wil get prompt answers

1. If a Gambler (Baba Ijebu) leads Salat in d mosque, d congregation dat prays behind him, wil dere prayers b answered. Is it acceptable in Islam for d Gambler to lead when dere ar knowledgeable ones around.

2. Christians fasting wit us during Ramadan, wil it b accepted for dem

3. Aw can one control masturbation (islamic perspective).
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by lanrexlan(m): 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
DMainMan: I would lyk to ask these questions and hope wil get prompt answers

1. If a Gambler (Baba Ijebu) leads Salat in d mosque, d congregation dat prays behind him,wil dere prayers b answered. Is it acceptable in Islam for d Gambler to lead when dere ar knowledgeable ones around.
When there are knowledgeable people around,then no need for a gambler to lead solat.

2. Christians fasting wit us during Ramadan,wil it b accepted for dem.
No,Allah says in Surah Al-Baqarah 2:183-''O you who believe,fasting has been prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you,so that you may become pious.''

For your fast to be accepted,you must believe in all six articles of faith.They are just wasting their effort if they fast ramadan as a christian.
3. Aw can one control masturbation (islamic perspective).

www.islamcan.com/youth/how-to-stop-masturbation-2.shtml
Allah knows best.....Peace
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by Sissie(f): 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
What is self service?
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by probsolver: 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
@tbaba, may Allah (subhaanahu wata aala) preserve u for this ummah with good deeds. Always love ur quranic exegesis. Which tafsir book are u using. And I will love if u can send me ur mail to balogun_u@yahoo.com
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by lanrexlan(m): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
Sissie: What is self service?
M-A-S-T-U-R-B-A-T-I-O-N
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by Snikaz(m): 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
Jazakallahu hai ran. U really help me with all these write ups. More ink to ur pen, more greese to ur elbow. I hope dis educative infos\lectures would nt stop after Ramadhan.
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by tbaba1234: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
probsolver: @tbaba, may Allah (subhaanahu wata aala) preserve u for this ummah with good deeds. Always love ur quranic exegesis. Which tafsir book are u using. And I will love if u can send me ur mail to balogun_u@yahoo.com

I use a number:

Pondering over the Quran by Amin Ahsan Islahi - Focus is on the coherence of the Quranic discourse.

- Ma'ariful Quran by Maulana Muhammed shafi - Background of ayah and views of different scholars etc.

- Quran cover to cover course by Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan. - Flowing translation of the Quranic Discourse.

My email is tbaba1234@yahoo.com
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by Sissie(f): 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
lanrexlan: M-A-S-T-U-R-B-A-T-I-O-N
Oh ok.
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
Happy fasting to my Muslim friends.....Don't forget to pray for peace in Nigeria.
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 27, 2013
Salam alaikum,
Please,what's Islam view on self service? This is one thing I've always wanted to know and what's Islam take on Marijuana too? I need an answer pls
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by tbaba1234: 1:20am On Jul 27, 2013
sanniemoe: Salam alaikum,
Please,what's Islam view on self service? This is one thing I've always wanted to know and what's Islam take on Marijuana too? I need an answer pls

Both haram.
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by tbaba1234: 1:53am On Jul 27, 2013
An old post: https://www.nairaland.com/1085146/ayah-scared-me-stiff

The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!

Over the last few months, i have been studying the Quran. It is just a basic study, nothing too deep. Trying to finish studying by the end of the year, insha Allah.

I am currently in surah al Furqaan (25),so more than half of the Quran, alhamdulilah. I studied an ayah yesterday that scared me stiff, I immediately became cold and my heart was beating faster . This is an ayah that i have read many times but it never had that much of an impact on me. It took me hours to get over the fright and i am not fully over it.

Allah relays a statement of the prophet on the day of resurrection (roughly translated):

The Messenger has said, ‘Master, my nation no doubt, they took this Quran and they abandoned it. (Surah 25:30)

In surah hajj, we learnt that the messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) would testify against us, this surah tells us so what the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) will say

In surah Hajj, Allah says(roughly translated):

Strive hard for God as is His due: He has chosen you and placed no hardship in your religion, the faith of your forefather Abraham. God has called you Muslims––both in the past and in this [message]––so that the Messenger can bear witness about you and so that you can bear witness about other people. So keep up the prayer, give the prescribed alms, and seek refuge in God: He is your protector––an excellent protector and an excellent helper (surah Hajj:78)

We do not want to be amongst those that the prophet will make this kind of testimony against, We do not want to be part of this testimony.

Now, let's put things in proper perspective so that we understand why this is so scary. The prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)does not even have to ask Allah, The prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) just looked at the sky and Allah changed the Qibla. Allah records it in the Quran (roughly translated).

Many a time We have seen you [Prophet] turn your face towards Heaven, so We are turning you towards a prayer direction that pleases you........... (Surah 2:144)

He doesn't even have to ask, he looks at the sky and Allah, the exalted changed the Qibla. That was it. The ayah came down, now billions of people on the planet face that one direction and Allah says he changed it so that the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) could be pleased because He saw the prophet turning to the Sky.

This is when the messenger doesn't even open his mouth. Imagine the kind of trouble that a person is in, when the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) opens his mouth and says: they abandoned the Quran. oh man! . Put this in perspective, It is such a serious matter.

The obligation, a muslim owes to the Quran is such a serious matter. A muslim should not die and look back at his life saying: I abandoned the Quran.

Because, this is such an important matter, Spreading an understanding of the Quran, Creating a curiosity about the Quran is so important.

So many muslims are not even curious about the Quran, they don't even care to know. This worries me a lot. The few muslims that are actually studying the Quran have to be the ones that go on a campaign to make the Quran common place amongst muslims. It is so vital.

I could not get this ayah out of my head for hours. It is such a serious issue. We are supposed to give this to the rest of humanity and the vast majority of the Ummah is sleeping. We have to wake the ummah up, We have to bring them back to the Quran.

We do not want anyone that we know, family or friend to rise on that day and the messenger gives that kind of testimony about them.

The next ayah makes it even more scary, Allah says:

but We have always appointed adversaries from the criminals, for every prophet: Your master is sufficient guide and helper. (surah 25:31)

Here, apart from the mushrikun of mecca, Allah is also saying here that if you claim to be follower of the prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) and you don't take the Quran seriously, then know that every prophet was given traitors. Every prophet were given those who abandoned the message. Allah emphasizes that this book is sufficient as a guide.

The ayah was originally talking to the mushrik of mecca and if you study classical tafsir, you will find their crimes

i. They refused to listen to it

ii. They refused to try to understand it

iii. They didn't want to learn anything about it

iv. They didn't care about its teachings

v. They made fun of what it had to say

If you look at the list of crimes pointed out by the scholars, who does this describe today...

Just like the Quraish was the prophet nation, We are also his nation. So we are included in this statement

May Allah guide us all !!

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Tafsir by marshal44: 6:17am On Jul 27, 2013
Salam Alaikun brothers and sisters, what's Al-Qunoot, the essence and should the congregation say Ameen out loud while Al-Qunoot is being recited by the imam?
Ma salam
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by yinkusnoni(m): 7:09am On Jul 27, 2013
salaam alaykum... What i learn when i read the qur'an...[1] it is highly rewardin to stay a little in d masjid or anywhere you pray after each sallat cus the angels ask allah for forgiveness on our behalf...[2]after each sallat, if one can du subuhanalah wabi hamdihi 100 times..our previous sins would b forgiven..[3] durin sallat after d imam has finish reciting suraatul fatiha...if you ameen concide with the angels in heaven...your sins would be forgiven...[4]if one can recite the last 2 verse of bakarah wen he want to sleep, you wil b protected from shaytan...[5]it is rewardin to pray salaat in jammah buh it is highy rewardin to pray fajr, asr an inshai in jumaah..... May allah bless us an forgive us our shortcomings...salam
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by khaz(m): 7:17am On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=tbaba1234]Three Levels Of Faith, Three Kinds Of People, A Parable From The Quran

There are three levels of faith in Islam. The first level is just Islam...

i. Islam: This relates to people who have accepted the faith: those who pray, fast and do all acts. These people have however not experienced the sweetness of Iman (usually translated as faith), they do not yet know what it feels like to cry in the prayer or be overwhelmed by the words of Allah. Allah talks about these kinds of people in the Quran in Surah Hujurat (roughly translated yusuf Ali) :

The desert Arabs, say "We believe." Say "Ye have no faith; but ye (only) say `We have submitted our wills to Allah.' for not yet has Faith entered your hearts. But if ye obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not belittle aught oft your deeds: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful."

These people have submitted to Allah and as they develop, they can get to the next level. The next level is Iman..

ii. Iman: These people have tasted the sweetness of Iman,Faith has entered their hearts. They know what it means to feel a connection with Allah and be overwhelmed by His words. As they develop, they might attain the next level Ihsan...

iii. Ihsan: This level is the highest level of faith. These people are always conscious of the presence of Allah. Allah's Apostle (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) described Ihsan as, "To worship Allah as if you see Him, and if you cannot achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that He is seeing you."

Imagine you are working in an office and you boss's eyes are always on you, you will always act accordingly. The person at this level is conscious of Allah all the time... This is the highest level of faith..

A Quranic Parable- Three kinds of personalities:

In surah baqarah, Allah says in the Quran (roughly translated):

Then your hearts hardened like rock; or even harder. For among rocks there are some from which rivers gush forth; and out of rocks there are those that crack open and water is found; and others which fall for fear of Allah. And Allah is not unmindful of what ye do. (surah 2 :74)

In this Ayah, Allah gave the example of three types of rocks or stones, rocks in the parable refer to hearts as indicated, water is used often in the Quran to represent purity and faith. So lets examine the three types of rocks

i. rivers gush forth
ii. Rocks that are cracked open and water is found
iii. Rocks that fall out of the fear of Allah.

i. For among rocks there are some from which rivers gush forth:
So there is this person who is deeply reflective, thinking about the purpose of life, asking deep questions about the reality of existence. Now when the solution is brought to them and it clicks, there is no hesitation. There is an excitement, just like a rock that rivers gush forth. Water inside the rock is faith inside the heart. This person had a faith inside of them and they were looking for something to confirm that faith. Revelation came, it clicks with what was already inside and the faith just gushes forth like a river. An example in Islamic history is the companion: Abu bakr (RA), deep person who accepted the truth without hesitation when it came to him

ii. Rocks that are cracked open and water is found
This person is not exactly as philosophical. They are very active, they have stuff to do. The purpose of life is not something, they think about. They just have too many things to do to worry about that kind of stuff. They have water inside but they need a traumatic experience to crack it open. Maybe the death of a friend or a family member or a near death experience. Something traumatic happens in the life that cracks open the rock that is the heart and underneath it is Iman (water). An example of that kind of person in Islamic history is Umar (RA).. Umar (RA) was a very active person. When his sister converted to Islam, he went to her house furious and struck her across the face. Seeing blood streaming from the face of his sister, he softens up and the rock cracked.. He reads the Quran and became muslim.. That traumatic experience was enough for him to look at the Quran.

iii. Rocks that fall out of the fear of Allah. -
This person does all that is expected of a muslim, he prays , he fasts, he does it all. He has submitted his will. However, he has not tasted the sweetness of Iman. He fears Allah and observes all he has to but he doesn't experience the tranquility of Iman, he doesn't yet know the feeling of crying in the salat. There might be water in the rock but it has not yet been reached.

Rock I -A person of Ihsan with his faith gushing forth
Rock II- A person who tastes the sweetness of Iman but needed his rock to be cracked
Rock III - A person of Islam who has submitted

So why does Allah use this parable? This discussion in surah baqarah was to the Jews of medina. The story of Musa and water gushing from rock is familiar to the Jews so Allah uses an example that resonates with them in presenting this parable. SubhanAllah.

May Allah give us knowledge and help us become humble as we acquire this Knowledge, like the branches of a tree falls when it bears fruit.

May Allah guide us on the straight path and help us perfect our faith and reach the level of ihsan.

Jazaka Allahu Khairan

Assalam aleikum

[/quoteWa aleykum salam....
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by usefaith(m): 10:18am On Jul 27, 2013
Alhamdulilahi for guiding us to this right path of Al-Islam... I say jazakumullahu khairan to all that contributed. I am using this opportunity to implore all my muslim brothers and sisters to please, kindly pray to Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) to heal my mum who is battling with 'stroke' now and all muslims in the world suffering illness or another... may Allah ease all our conditions
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by islam24: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
lanrexlan: Jazakumullah Khairan Brother,enjoyed reading this.

Salam! Read more: http://www.mashallah.net/ramadan-tips-for-western-muslims
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by deols(f): 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
usefaith: Alhamdulilahi for guiding us to this right path of Al-Islam... I say jazakumullahu khairan to all that contributed. I am using this opportunity to implore all my muslim brothers and sisters to please, kindly pray to Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) to heal my mum who is battling with 'stroke' now and all muslims in the world suffering illness or another... may Allah ease all our conditions

MAY Allah heal your mum and every other Muslim around the world. Amin
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by movado19: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Salam Alaikum to you all.

@ deols: so sorry to hear of your mum's condition, and may Allah give her a quick and permanent healing very soon, inshallah. There is a homeopathic doctor in the UK who specializes in the treatment of stroke.....please, send me a mail to movado19@gmail.com and I will inshallah give you his details; if it is of interest to you.

Wa Salam.
Re: Ramadan Tafsir by Isiterere(m): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
deols: I haven't been able to attend any tafsir. This makes a good read.

Jazakallahu khayr
Same here. All the post are worthy of read .
May Allah reward us abundantly in this month

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Your Parents Your Responsibility? / Making Fun Of Islam / Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.