Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,829 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522061 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 1:49pm On May 22, 2019
jceesquare:

Yaris is a good car with relatively small engine and light weigh body, so fuel consumption is great.

It's a Toyota, so expect the parts to be everywhere.

As for the year, your budget would decide that.
I have driven one of these for two weeks as curtsey car, trust me if you carry four people inside the fuel economy is crap, it will drink petrol more than a V6 engine grin grin grin grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 2:17pm On May 22, 2019
erico2k2:

I have driven one of these for two weeks as curtsey car, trust me if you carry four people inside the fuel economy is crap, it will drink petrol more than a V6 engine grin grin grin grin

I think your car has issues then �
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 2:20pm On May 22, 2019
jceesquare:

I think your car has issues then �
Nop its was brand new no issues, 1k miles on the clock. the fact is, cos of its small Engine, it cant pull weight. So it was overload as per its capacity, its meant for just mayB two people and if you live in hilly regions sorry is ur name!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2019
erico2k2:

Nop its was brand new no issues, 1k miles on the clock. the fact is, cos of its small Engine, it cant pull weight. So it was overload as per its capacity, its meant for just mayB two people and if you live in hilly regions sorry is ur name!

Now I get your point.

It's just like having 5 adults in a Kia Picanto and driving in a hilly terrain.

Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 2:26pm On May 22, 2019
jceesquare:

Now I get your point.

It's just like having 5 adults in a Kia Picanto and driving in a hilly terrain.

Too bad.
Gbamm,
grin grin grin, That day I came to the realisation that you can't win, all these small Engines has side effect! grin grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 2:33pm On May 22, 2019
erico2k2:

Gbamm,
grin grin grin, That day I came to the realisation that you can't win, all these small Engines has side effect! grin grin

There are 2 things I look out for in a car when considering fuel consumption (let's assume everything is factory standard like your Yaris).

1. The total weight of the car.

2. The engine capacity:
a) The maximum toque the car has and at what RPM. It would ensure the car does not need to rev real high to get going of the line (great for city driving).
b) The maximum horse power. Perfect for high way driving and downshift or overtaking.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 2:42pm On May 22, 2019
jceesquare:

There are 2 things I look out for in a car when considering fuel consumption (let's assume everything is factory standard like your Yaris).

1. The total weight of the car.

2. The engine capacity:
a) The maximum toque the car has and at what RPM. It would ensure the car does not need to rev real high to get going of the line (great for city driving).
b) The maximum horse power. Perfect for high way driving and downshift or overtaking.
In a short statement, I will say a car with at least 2ltr Engine.That will do me,

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2019
I Am A Clearing And Forwarding Ageñt At Tin Can Port Island Lagos And A Car Dealer
Contact Me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 2:57pm On May 22, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Good day all
Please if I have a need for a vehicle that will do well on bad road untarred and kinda rough terrains which vehicle or brand would you advise me to go for that's kinda affordable and easy to maintain

NB : I have a Honda Accord 2006 but I feel I need another vehicle that will do well on the bad roads that I can't afford I Am A Clearing And Forwarding Ageñt At Tin Can Port Island Lagos And A Car Dealer
Contact Me

I need Brand Name suggestions model ND Co thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by skelvin98: 2:19pm On May 23, 2019
erico2k2:

Nothing like V4 bro rather I4 straight 4.

That’s what I meant sorry. It’s not a V6 engine
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fulfilled2016: 3:57pm On May 23, 2019
erico2k2:

I believe if ur Injectors where dirty it will restrict fuel rather than let too much fuel fru lol
what is your Engine capacity? ie how many cylinder/ plugs??

It's 2.4L 4plugs.
Scanned the car, I was told the absence of catalyst (beneath the car) was the reason.
I searched online on relation of catalyst regards to fuel consumption, I only found conflicting opinions. The car still sucks, drink and swallow fuel grin till now.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:50pm On May 23, 2019
fulfilled2016:

It's 2.4L 4plugs.
Scanned the car, I was told the absence of catalyst (beneath the car) was the reason.
I searched online on relation of catalyst regards to fuel consumption, I only found conflicting opinions. The car still sucks, drink and swallow fuel grin till now.
when someone claims they scan ur car and give you a result let them also give you the code not just say things cos you Cat converter has no electrical component so there is no way it can be scanned. It is not in any way connected to your car computer so that Mechanic is bulshiting you!

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fulfilled2016: 4:25am On May 24, 2019
erico2k2:

when someone claims they scan ur car and give you a result let them also give you the code not just say things cos you Cat converter has no electrical component so there is no way it can be scanned. It is not in any way connected to your car computer so that Mechanic is bulshiting you!
Cat converter has no electronic component? I don't know that though.
Here are the codes, I saw it myself : P0141 & PO135
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Toluowo: 10:33am On May 24, 2019
fulfilled2016:

Sorry for your predicament.
I've been there as well, so I know how it feels.

Before replacing anything. Perform the basic checks (Exhaust leak, nozzles, plugs, intake manifold leak etc)

Those codes relate to o2 sensor and catalytic converter.
Test o2 sensor with a multimeter to be sure the recommended voltage is reaching it. Also check the wiring for faults like partial contacts and wrong connections.

Good luck.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fulfilled2016: 12:35pm On May 24, 2019
Toluowo:

Sorry for your predicament.
I've been there as well, so I know how it feels.

Before replacing anything. Perform the basic checks (Exhaust leak, nozzles, plugs, intake manifold leak etc)

Those codes relate to o2 sensor and catalytic converter.
Test o2 sensor with a multimeter to be sure the recommended voltage is reaching it. Also check the wiring for faults like partial contacts and wrong connections.

Good luck.

Yeah, thank you so much.

I asked a Panel beater to check my exhaust for leaks, he checked and told me there was no leakage from the exhaust.

Please how do I check the intake manifold leak? Do the Rewire technicians have a multimeter (for the 02 sensor check) or who can I take it to to check?

Lastly, what did you do to resolve your car, was it an Honda accord too?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ifynoble100(m): 5:32pm On May 24, 2019
Toluowo:
Make: Ford
Model: Focus
Year: 2004
Transmission: Automatic.
Price: 800,000

Condition: Nigerian used in good condition. New 2018 Tyres, Spare key with Remote, 4 Alloy Wheels, 4 Plugs, Clean Fabric Interior, Duty Cleared(1st Hand).
can I get a car for taxi business at 300k
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2019
fulfilled2016:

Bro that has got to do with your O2 Sensors, so do the basics, check that you have no leaks in your exhust system including at the manifolds from start to finish inspect it. then check your 02 sensors wiring, clean if 1st if that do not work means it has to be changed.Try get new ones instead of used ones
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2019
fulfilled2016:

Yeah, thank you so much.

I asked a Panel beater to check my exhaust for leaks, he checked and told me there was no leakage from the exhaust.

Please how do I check the intake manifold leak? Do the Rewire technicians have a multimeter (for the 02 sensor check) or who can I take it to to check?

Lastly, what did you do to resolve your car, was it an Honda accord too?
your manifold is where your exhaust starts, it is the physical point where ur exhaust pipe meets your Engine body. The check is physical, not electrical once again.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:07pm On May 24, 2019
fulfilled2016:

It's 2.4L 4plugs.
Just so you know, 2,4 is quite a big Engine for a saloon car, anything above 2 ltr is a petrol Drinker.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by skelvin98: 10:08pm On May 24, 2019
I keep getting calls for rentals.
It’s for HP not rentals.
Camry XLE 03. For HIRE PURCHASE. You live around Ikeja, Ogba, Iju-Ishaga, Ojodu-Berger, agege and environs.
WhatsApp only...08065900125 (Includes a down payment).
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by globalresource: 9:02am On May 25, 2019
I'm thinking of getting RX 350

Please I need information on this vehicle

And advice too

A salary earner.... But love SUV

Info on availability of parts, cost of maintenance, fuel efficiency, durability etc

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ikayfubara(m): 12:00pm On May 25, 2019
I need a cool clean car for taxi use.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by spaggyy(m): 7:09am On May 26, 2019
Hello house,

please i need your professional advises

i own 2004 infiniti fx 35

but recently it started swerving on uneven roads, if i come in contact with a rough terrain at speed of 70km/h or above, the car swerves and make some noise.

i have changed the hub, the bushings, and even the shock absorbers

but problem is still there

please what could be wrong, what do i need to do

is there an expert in Lagos that can fix this.

i'm always scared of driving the car for the fear of it throwing me over, or sweeping me into incoming vehicles.

please help
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:46am On May 26, 2019
spaggyy:
Hello house,

please i need your professional advises

i own 2004 infiniti fx 35

but recently it started swerving on uneven roads, if i come in contact with a rough terrain at speed of 70km/h or above, the car swerves and make some noise.

i have changed the hub, the bushings, and even the shock absorbers

but problem is still there

please what could be wrong, what do i need to do

is there an expert in Lagos that can fix this.

i'm always scared of driving the car for the fear of it throwing me over, or sweeping me into incoming vehicles.

please help

Check your tie rod, stabilizers/sway bars, wheel alignment, tyre pressure and tyre cone stance

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:34am On May 26, 2019
I need a car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kenjoseph12: 12:58pm On May 26, 2019
A 2011 Hyundai Model Is Up For hire purchase. Price : 2.3M . Contact If Interested . please contact: ‭0811 764 3590

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kumero(m): 6:45pm On May 26, 2019
Can anybody recommend a good AC technician for Toyota Corolla please? Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 5:22am On May 27, 2019
I had a minor accident with my e36 one time and the engine shifted forward, broken engine seat and center bearing. Fast forward to two days after fixing the car, the center bearing broke again. I called another mechanic to fix another one and he told me the propeller is 1cm longer than the clip stud under the car unless we cut 1cm from the propeller, he wont be able to fix it. I need advice on what to do.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kenjoseph12: 8:02am On May 27, 2019
up for grab. A 2011 Hyundai Model Is Up For hire purchase. Price : 2.3M . Contact If Interested . please call or WhatsApp : ‭‬‭08118050111‬

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 3:36pm On May 27, 2019
How do you test to know if your Ball Joints are going Bad

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.