Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523669 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 10:41pm On May 27, 2019
globalresource:
I'm thinking of getting RX 350

Please I need information on this vehicle

And advice too

A salary earner.... But love SUV

Info on availability of parts, cost of maintenance, fuel efficiency, durability etc
I Am A Clearing And Forwarding Ageñt At Tin Can Port Island Lagos And A Car Dealer
Contact Me For Any Kind Of Vehicle
Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 10:42pm On May 27, 2019
PuntHunt:
I need a car
I Am A Clearing And Forwarding Ageñt At Tin Can Port Island Lagos And A Car Dealer
Contact Me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 5:57am On May 28, 2019
Kenjoseph12:
up for grab. A 2011 Hyundai Model Is Up For hire purchase. Price : 2.3M . Contact If Interested . please call or WhatsApp : ‭‬‭08118050111‬

It's a nice car you've got up there for sales but why not review your prices?
The 2008-10 US import tokumbos are around the 1.8-2m.

Just an honest kind advice without any bad blood between.
Happy sales sir.

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 8:39am On May 28, 2019
kumero:
Can anybody recommend a good AC technician for Toyota Corolla please? Thank you.

Contact mosbus here on Nairaland.

The guy is good.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bobotolen(m): 1:57pm On May 28, 2019
2007 Camry for sale. Urgent. Contact me on 09078014661 for details. Location is Abuja

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bigsteveg(m): 12:10am On May 29, 2019
Gluck4cars:

Might signify a faulty sensor (ABS) or bearing or the ABS control unit. Need to perform a scan to know which wheel has the problem.

Any recent repair before light showed up?

Gggars after sometime.

The engine oil is supposed to go for nothing less than 15000 miles. Kindly assist with this, thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by wilblessed: 5:11am On May 29, 2019
Foreign used 2009 Toyota Camry for sale,
Location -Lagos
Interested whatsapp me 08068951924 for price

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kenjoseph12: 9:17am On May 29, 2019
up for grab. A 2011 Hyundai Model Is Up For hire purchase. Price : 2.3M . Contact If Interested . please call or WhatsApp : ‭‬‭08118050111

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by skelvin98: 12:46pm On May 29, 2019
Camry XLE 03. For hire purchase. You live around Ikeja, Ogba, Iju-Ishaga, Ojodu-Berger.
WhatsApp 08065900125 (Includes a down payment).
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by agyo(m): 2:23pm On May 29, 2019
Pls do you have a reliable place I can scan my car at Abuja?

Pls help a brother in need.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Aghaclem67: 12:41am On May 30, 2019
I have this problem with my Hijet truck(small truck) not starting. There is no scanning port in the vehicle for diagnosis. The mechanics said the problem is the CPU commonly known as brainbox in Nigerian parlance. After several attempts to start the vehicle with other brainbox of the similar type there is no success. The mechanics said that unless a brainbox with exactly the same number is used the vehicle will not start and I have been searching for the said brainbox with the same number but to no avail. Please what do you think is the problem with the vehicle and the possible solution. When you try to start it revs but cannot come on.. Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:25am On May 30, 2019
Aghaclem67:
I have this problem with my Hijet truck(small truck) not starting. There is no scanning port in the vehicle for diagnosis. The mechanics said the problem is the CPU commonly known as brainbox in Nigerian parlance. After several attempts to start the vehicle with other brainbox of the similar type there is no success. The mechanics said that unless a brainbox with exactly the same number is used the vehicle will not start and I have been searching for the said brainbox with the same number but to no avail. Please what do you think is the problem with the vehicle and the possible solution. When you try to start it revs but cannot come on.. Thank you

from what I can deduce from your several spam write ups the car was working fine before it stopped working. You also said the car revs but doesn't come on, I am guessing you meant car cranks (makes the starting sound) but it never starts, my guess isn't the brainbox but more of fuel pump.

now what you will do is open your own fresh thread, then explain what was done on the car a week before this wahala started then if possible let me know the type of engine the car is carrying or snap the engine let's try to diagnose it together and show your mechanic/rewire what to do

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Aghaclem67: 12:40am On May 31, 2019
nurey:

from what I can deduce from your several spam write ups the car was working fine before it stopped working. You also said the car revs but doesn't come on, I am guessing you meant car cranks (makes the starting sound) but it never starts, my guess isn't the brainbox but more of fuel pump.

now what you will do is open your own fresh thread, then explain what was done on the car a week before this wahala started then if possible let me know the type of engine the car is carrying or snap the engine let's try to diagnose it together and show your mechanic/rewire what to do

Don't blame me, I am an old school struggling to meet up with modern techniques. I will do as you said but how can I open a fresh thread. Thank you seriously for your response.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 4:29am On May 31, 2019
Bigsteveg:

Gggars after sometime.

The engine oil is supposed to go for nothing less than 15000 miles. Kindly assist with this, thanks.

At the bolded
1. Which engine oil? Please post pictures
2. Who said so?

Rogosa:
I had a minor accident with my e36 one time and the engine shifted forward, broken engine seat and center bearing. Fast forward to two days after fixing the car, the center bearing broke again. I called another mechanic to fix another one and he told me the propeller is 1cm longer than the clip stud under the car unless we cut 1cm from the propeller, he wont be able to fix it. I need advice on what to do.
Nothing was said about changing the propeller during repairs...
You might as well have frame damage sir.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 5:25am On May 31, 2019
Aghaclem67:

Don't blame me, I am an old school struggling to meet up with modern techniques. I will do as you said but how can I open a fresh thread. Thank you seriously for your response.

How yo open a new thread at each individual section.

Go to any section of your choice, cartalk, autos, romance etc

At the top before the first thread look for create new thread, click on it.

input your topic name which has a character limit and then go to the next space and write out your query then after the query box is submit and 4 boxes to input pix.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by captainuc(m): 5:33am On May 31, 2019
Abeg, i need a help. How do you see Nissan Almera?
How reliable and efficiently is the car?

Thanks, anticipating for your response.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 7:43am On May 31, 2019
captainuc:
Abeg, i need a help. How do you see Nissan Almera?
How reliable and efficiently is the car?

Thanks, anticipating for your response.

Almera N15 reliable fuel efficient good engine.

Almera N16 reliable fuel efficient, body falls apart easily. saloon version scarce, hatchback mostly popular. Be careful most are converted since they generally import it from Europe.

next generation Almera after N16 is ok, engine not as sturdy as it's predecessor (doesn't like abuse) body design ok doesn't fall apart but deshapes easily at slight touch.

cheapest place to get Almera at affordable price is Ogun state
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 8:54am On May 31, 2019
nurey:

Almera N16 reliable fuel efficient, body falls apart easily. saloon version scarce, hatchback mostly popular. Be careful most are converted since they generally import it from Europe.

next generation Almera after N16 is ok, engine not as sturdy as it's predecessor (doesn't like abuse) body design ok doesn't fall apart but deshapes easily at slight touch.

I totally agree with you on this.

My 1st car is an N15 2 door hatchback with the Sr20de engine.

The engine is rugged and fast and can be abused even with the common 20W50 engine oil. I still use the car and it has never disappointed.

captainuc take it out for a test drive if you're going for a manual and drive till you hit gear 5. The gear 5 is prone to popping out if not well maintained.

Check for engine leaks on the walls.

Check the under of the car. That car is prone to rust underneath.

But generally you'd never go wrong with the N15 especially with an Sr20 engine that is fast and never dies.

Ogun State is the best place to get a cheap one.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by captainuc(m): 9:14pm On May 31, 2019
Thank you sir. I really appreciate your information on this. I'm enlightened. But as a novice, i dont really know which exactly is Almera N15 likewise N16. And how much do you think it Tokumbo will cost. Thanks!
nurey:

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by captainuc(m): 9:17pm On May 31, 2019
jceesquare:

I totally agree with you on this.

My 1st car is an N15 2 door hatchback with the Sr20de engine.

The engine is rugged and fast and can be abused even with the common 20W50 engine oil. I still use the car and it has never disappointed.

captainuc take it out for a test drive if you're going for a manual and drive till you hit gear 5. The gear 5 is prone to popping out if not well maintained.

Check for engine leaks on the walls.

Check the under of the car. That car is prone to rust underneath.

But generally you'd never go wrong with the N15 especially with an Sr20 engine that is fast and never dies.

Ogun State is the best place to get a cheap one.
Thanks for the enlightenment. I do appreciate.
But how much do you think the Almera N15 would cost?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 31, 2019
timifakay:

Nothing was said about changing the propeller during repairs...
You might as well have frame damage sir.

The propeller is still good; according to the two mechanic workshops I visited. Damage frame? I dont get it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:58am On Jun 01, 2019
captainuc:
Thank you sir. I really appreciate your information on this. I'm enlightened. But as a novice, i dont really know which exactly is Almera N15 likewise N16. And how much do you think it Tokumbo will cost. Thanks!

N15 is 1995-2000

N16 is 2001-2006

it's been long I saw an advert of a tokunbo N15 but N16 is between 600k upwards as tokunbo but not more than 1.2m depending on how clean and what hand drive it currently is.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 6:44am On Jun 01, 2019
captainuc:
Thanks for the enlightenment. I do appreciate.
But how much do you think the Almera N15 would cost?

Depends on who is selling.

It you're cheap like me (lol), you can get a fairly good one from 200k upwards.

I got mine for 150k everything was working perfectly well with a chilling AC and a perfect engine, gear and good body too. Only work I did on it apart from service was changed the shocks, drive shafts, air box and front hubs.

Parts are super cheap and readily available in used part market.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by captainuc(m): 6:52am On Jun 01, 2019
nurey:

N15 is 1995-2000

N16 is 2001-2006

it's been long I saw an advert of a tokunbo N15 but N16 is between 600k upwards as tokunbo but not more than 1.2m depending on how clean and what hand drive it currently is.
Ok, now i know. Thanks alot. Would love to have your contact, please!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by captainuc(m): 7:11am On Jun 01, 2019
jceesquare:

Depends on who is selling.

It you're cheap like me (lol), you can get a fairly good one from 200k upwards.

I got mine for 150k everything was working perfectly well with a chilling AC and a perfect engine, gear and good body too. Only work I did on it apart from service was changed the shocks, drive shafts, air box and front hubs.

Parts are super cheap and readily available in used part market.
I see... Would love to go for Tokumbo. Thanks anyway!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 7:29am On Jun 01, 2019
captainuc:
I see... Would love to go for Tokumbo. Thanks anyway!

You would have to look deep to get a tokumbo that is rust free and is not converted.
Most N15 & N16 I see around on car sales stands are converted.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 8:26am On Jun 01, 2019
Rogosa:

The propeller is still good; according to the two mechanic workshops I visited. Damage frame? I dont get it

During the accident, the impact might have affected the frame/ chassis of the car, causing the fan position to change...

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Oba09085(m): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2019
Good morning. Please I am having this issue with my Toyota corolla 2006 model. When I start the car and put it in gear it begins to jerk slightly and then this continues as I continue to drive. The ignition light blinks at times and I have to turtle down really hard for it to accelerate. Please what could be the issue.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
Oba09085:
Good morning. Please I am having this issue with my Toyota corolla 2006 model. When I start the car and put it in gear it begins to jerk slightly and then this continues as I continue to drive. The ignition light blinks at times and I have to turtle down really hard for it to accelerate. Please what could be the issue.

Scan the car and post code for the expert to help.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Oba09085(m): 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2019
jceesquare:

Scan the car and post code for the expert to help.
How do I go about this please.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
Oba09085:

How do I go about this please.

Ask your mechanic to scan the car with a car scanner and post the code you got from it if he can't interpret it.

The OBD 2 scan port is located in the driver side inside the car just close to the fuse box.

The gurus in the house should be able to help proffer solution with the codes.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
captainuc:
Ok, now i know. Thanks alot. Would love to have your contact, please!

check my signature for my contact

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.