Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523307 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ugreat(m): 10:39am On Aug 05, 2019
kingbusy:
Please I have an issue with my car. I am a learner , while driving I discovered that the steering and the brake will just suddenly become stiff if I try to press the brake it will be very hard to press not until I put off the engine and restart before it becomes normal. Can anyone educate me on what is happening with my car ?
Involve a mechanic and learn one or two things from him as a learner
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2019
Good morning everyone. My brother has been using a Camry 03 since January this year and everything works perfectly well. The car has been misbehaving and these were our findings. Just last month (July) if I engage it in drive, it won't move until I rev it to at least 7 to 8 time to like 3000rpm and it would pick to drive mode all of a sudden. Only a few times it engages normal but most times, I have to rev continously till it picks into drive mode. Reverse, neutral, park are good and it drives pretty good except when engaged into drive mode. Secondly, I bought a new battery (20k) 7weeks ago. Two weeks ago it went completely flat. I took it to battery charger that day but went flat 3 days ago. This morning the car started fine but on the cluster the battery sign is red. I switched off but it won't start. More like something drained the life out of it. My mech has been here also to check with another battery and said the alternator is fine. He even removed one of the battery terminal and the car didn't go off. Please help, for i this car so much.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Goldeneluxury: 10:56am On Aug 06, 2019
18m
greatstephenho:
price

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pocohantas(f): 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2019
Eddee:

Customs go collect you between 3.5—4.5M to clear a 9-10 year old S Class. That light change go control 2012 Corolla/Camry with Clean Title

I thought they're cleared based on their invoice value?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Eddee(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2019
pocohantas:

I thought they're cleared based on their invoice value?

Welcome to Nigeria, where nothing is ever straightforward. Basically, it's supposed to be the cost of your vehicle that should determine the amount of the clearance fees to be paid to the Nigerian Customs. i.e, 35% duty charged on the car's cost + 35% levy = 70%.

But it's never as easy as this, unforeseen costs lie in wait. grin grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pocohantas(f): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
Eddee:

Welcome to Nigeria, where nothing is ever straightforward. Basically, it's supposed to be the cost of your vehicle that should determine the amount of the clearance fees to be paid to the Nigerian Customs. i.e, 35% duty charged on the car's cost + 35% levy = 70%.

But it's never as easy as this, unforeseen costs lie in wait. grin grin

Very bad then. Ideally it should be that straightforward, but this is Nigeria.

That is a lot though @ 70%.

To think some will still come with missing keys, broken bumpers and all sorts.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 6:09am On Aug 08, 2019
Good morning everyone. My brother has been using a Camry 03 since January this year and everything works perfectly well. The car has been misbehaving and these were our findings. Just last month (July) if I engage it in drive, it won't move until I rev it to at least 7 to 8 time to like 3000rpm and it would pick to drive mode all of a sudden. Only a few times it engages normal but most times, I have to rev continously till it picks into drive mode. Reverse, neutral, park are good and it drives pretty good except when engaged into drive mode. Secondly, I bought a new battery (20k) 7weeks ago. Two weeks ago it went completely flat. I took it to battery charger that day but went flat 3 days ago. This morning the car started fine but on the cluster the battery sign is red. I switched off but it won't start. More like something drained the life out of it. My mech has been here also to check with another battery and said the alternator is fine. He even removed one of the battery terminal and the car didn't go off. Lastly, is it OK to change the back lining of my car to disc for I seem to be buying lining every month. Please help, for i like this car so much. Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ope4Christ: 10:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good day to you all.

I want to know the location of Engine number of Toyota Matrix 2006 model.

Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seanfer(m): 6:30am On Aug 09, 2019
Ope4Christ:
Good day to you all.

Thanks.

Simple Google search will help you out.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ope4Christ: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
seanfer:

Simple Google search will help you out.

Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ope4Christ: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
Many thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dicksonadams(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ope4Christ:
Good day to you all.

Thanks.

Get a mechanic to check the back of the engine... You can also check some YouTube video
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 11:08am On Aug 10, 2019
Ope4Christ:

Thank you.
Why do you need the Engine number? if you can't see it on top the Engine doesn't bother!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by idenics: 6:58am On Aug 12, 2019
held in Japan from 20 September to 2 November .Fox Sports to broadcast every match of 2019 RWC live.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2019
Car Maintenance

Take Good Care of your Car like a Baby and it will serve you better

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2019
Please nairanders help me to make a choice, what is the fuel consumption of benz c240 like , compare to that of camry big daddy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Akinsga: 8:46am On Aug 15, 2019
Hello somebody, the fuel pump on my toyota camry pencil just stopped working without any previous sign. i drove to a place and when i wanted to leave the car refused to start. i called my mechanic and after checking he detected this. It was changed with a new one but since then i observed that my car would not accelerate well. it starts and moves but then once the gear change occurs instead of stepping up it slows down and after a while suddenly jerks forward and picks up speed. Is it that the new fuel pump is not good. Please i need counsel.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by murphyfada(m): 9:34am On Aug 15, 2019
I have spoken to many car owners and seem they all want between 30k - 35k weekly delivery or no Deal. Considering the many challenges that comes with driving on Lagos roads, I don't want to start mentioning them as that is a topic for another day. Can one commit himself to a HP deal where you are expected to make weekly payment of 30k to 35k? If you DEDUCT your weekly 30k or 35k for OWNER/HIRE PURCHASE, How much will you have left?

Maybe this is possible when you have your own car and not obligated to make delivery or payment for a Hire Purchase plan. I am asking for those who don't own a car of their own; do weekly rentals/delivery or are on HIRE PURCHASE.

I hear sales/rides on Uber/Bolt is falling and fares are reducing drastically
Drivers stay hours without seeing a request
Trips that used to be like 4k before have been reduced to like 2k or 2500k now so riders can be happy(this done specifically to please riders) by Uber/Bolt
What is therefore the gain of drivers.

I am new to this, I don't want to go into a deal I may not be able to meet up at the end of the day and labeled all sorts of names because I can't deliver. What advice can Uber drivers in the House share on this TREND that can help me make my final decision in the coming days?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 15, 2019
murphyfada:
I have spoken to many car owners and seem they all want between 30k - 35k weekly delivery or no Deal. Considering the many challenges that comes with driving on Lagos roads, I don't want to start mentioning them as that is a topic for another day. Can one commit himself to a HP deal where you are expected to make weekly payment of 30k to 35k? If you DEDUCT your weekly 30k or 35k for OWNER/HIRE PURCHASE, How much will you have left?

Maybe this is possible when you have your own car and not obligated to make delivery or payment for a Hire Purchase plan. I am asking for those who don't own a car of their own; do weekly rentals/delivery or are on HIRE PURCHASE.

I hear sales/rides on Uber/Bolt is falling and fares are reducing drastically
Drivers stay hours without seeing a request
Trips that used to be like 4k before have been reduced to like 2k or 2500k now so riders can be happy(this done specifically to please riders) by Uber/Bolt
What is therefore the gain of drivers.

I am new to this, I don't want to go into a deal I may not be able to meet up at the end of the day and labeled all sorts of names because I can't deliver. What advice can Uber drivers in the House share on this TREND that can help me make my final decision in the coming days?

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/1837
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Amhappy(f): 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2019
Please Our autogurus which Toyota or Honda model will you recommend for a long distance field sales worker covering min 5000km per month on Nigerian roads. You know how bad our roads are. Also consider safety as the car I will be on the expressways most of the time. Affordable maintenance cost. Car security etc
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by murphyfada(m): 6:51am On Aug 17, 2019
Amhappy:
Please Our autogurus which Toyota or Honda model will you recommend for a long distance field sales worker covering min 5000km per month on Nigerian roads. You know how bad our roads are. Also consider safety as the car I will be on the expressways most of the time. Affordable maintenance cost. Car security etc

TOYOTA
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jujufada: 11:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
Is there a problem buying a Corolla manufactured in South Africa. Someone was saying we should avoid them. What's your take guys??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 7:54am On Aug 20, 2019
Akinsga:
Hello somebody, the fuel pump on my toyota camry pencil just stopped working without any previous sign. i drove to a place and when i wanted to leave the car refused to start. i called my mechanic and after checking he detected this. It was changed with a new one but since then i observed that my car would not accelerate well. it starts and moves but then once the gear change occurs instead of stepping up it slows down and after a while suddenly jerks forward and picks up speed. Is it that the new fuel pump is not good. Please i need counsel.
That fuel pump has a low PSI, change with original and recommended parts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.