Stats: 3,152,406 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523020 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AshipaEk0: 10:56am On Oct 17, 2020
Please can someone recommend where I can get my rims repaired/refurbished in Lagos?

I have rims that have been slightly damaged bent and scratched via misadventures with the kerb and potholes.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 18, 2020
AshipaEk0:
Please can someone recommend where I can get my rims repaired/refurbished in Lagos?

I have rims that have been slightly damaged bent and scratched via misadventures with the kerb and potholes.
Did mine back then at Apapa_Oshodi expressway after mile2, trinity bustop to be precise based on recommendation. My aluminium Rim bent and had a hairline crack due to pothole I bumped into when I was traveling it was 9pm it occurred. Misplaced the guy number but he's shop is over there and trust me he's good, he heated the rim and hammered it then used oxyacetylene with some Aluminium ore for patching(preheating and postheating was done too) that was since march and the rim is still racing like nothing happened.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 7:06am On Oct 18, 2020
Please what's the difference between 5w20 and 5w30
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abefeabebi(m): 10:06am On Oct 18, 2020
Please how much is new shock absorber for corolla 03, I stay around Berger isheri. If u have any reliable seller.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2020
radautoworks:

Did you look at the screenshot I posted for you?

Ow Good thanks Sir

So I'm just going to switch to 5w20 right away from the total quartz 5000
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
Good afternoon people

Wifey’s 07 Lexus es350 landed in February and was serviced with mobil1 5w30 extended performance oil high mileage oil. The one that guarantees 15k miles.
I also used original oil filter.

Car is currently at 4.5k miles after servicing. Should I service again cos it’s already been 8 months since the last service?

Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign
Eddee
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
lexini:
Good afternoon people

Wifey’s 07 Lexus es350 landed in February and was serviced with mobil1 5w30 extended performance oil high mileage oil. The one that guarantees 15k miles.

Car is currently at 4.5k miles after servicing. Should I service again cos it’s already been 8 months since the last service?

Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign
Eddee

Do a 5,000mile oil change service pls.
That's what the manufacturer recommends.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2020
Alright. Thanks man

kingreign:

Do a 5,000mile oil change service pls.
That's what the manufacturer recommends.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by shurlermoz(m): 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
My CR-V 08 wldnt start, whenever I turn the ignition on everything comes up except the engine. The radio starts and the dash board lights too come on but the engine will not come up, it will only make some faint noise then stop.

Please who has experience in this, it just started today.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
lexini:
Good afternoon people

Radautoworks
Nurey
Kingreign
Eddee

Change it. It's mileage or 6 months whichever comes first.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2020
Thanks Aunty Radu

radautoworks:

Change it. It's mileage or 6 months whichever comes first.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2020
Help Everyone ooooO

I changed my engine oil to 5w20 yesterday and today the Vehicle is smoking kind of and also the ENGINE OIL LIGHT ON DASHBOARD HAS BEEN BLINKING WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE

I used total quartz 5000 before and it neither smoked nor had Engine light blinking
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by sirleke(m): 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
Go key into either Gazzuzz or radautos advice

They are alrdy giving responses in the other trends u dropped the complaint
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Help Everyone ooooO

I changed my engine oil to 5w20 yesterday and today the Vehicle is smoking kind of and also the ENGINE OIL LIGHT ON DASHBOARD HAS BEEN BLINKING WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE

I used total quartz 5000 before and it neither smoked nor had Engine light blinking

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Help Everyone ooooO

this is teh reason you should have stuck to your manufacturer's advice!There is a very good reason they stated a certain oil weight!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 9icetoo(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2020
erico2k2:

this is teh reason you should have stuck to your manufacturer's advice!There is a very good reason they stated a certain oil weight!
Bros. We don talk this matter tire yet people will not listen.
And it's even cheaper running on the recommended oil or even going synthetic with the longer ocis afforded. Anyway, ladipo people need to buy land in lekki too. So all join. We move. cheesy

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ifec92: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
Please help oooo
My camry2005 engine oil keeps drying up...I’m using Total oil 20w50
I now change oil almost every month..though I use it for uber

Pls what’s the remedy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joungblood(m): 2:24am On Oct 27, 2020
I need some help with the best decision to make o. This cars... Hard to pick the right one to buy
Key points for me are
*beauty/luxury
*durability
*fuel usage
*cheap maintainace.
*thumb start
*leather seats
*reverse camera

venza 2010-2015 (panoramic sunroof version only)

Lexus RX350 2010 above(I need the ones with the new different body)

Highlander 2010 above (the new front design)

Range rover EVOGUE too but I don't think I can get it at 3-4m

Please give me advice and good recommendations and let me know if you have any of these cars available or other better recommendations
Budget 3m-3.5m
Location is sango ota/lagos
Whatsapp me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
see flyers

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluayebenz: 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2020
joungblood:
I need some help with the best decision to make o. This cars... Hard to pick the right one to buy
Key points for me are
*beauty/luxury
*durability
*fuel usage
*cheap maintainace.
*thumb start
*leather seats
*reverse camera

Please give me advice and good recommendations and let me know if you have any of these cars available or other better recommendations
Budget 3m-3.5m
Whatsapp me

My guy, you sabi better thing o grin

You just mentioned sweet cars but messed it up with your budget......

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joungblood(m): 9:18am On Oct 28, 2020
Hahaha . God no go Shame us. The Bible says, speak the vision and it shall come to pass. Make I go kabash my own into existence
oluayebenz:

My guy, you sabi better thing o grin

You just mentioned sweet cars but messed it up with your budget......

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Simplifiedauto(m): 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2020
Lexus Jeep RX 350, 2007 model. Direct Toks, Tincan Island Cleared. 23333 mileage, Factory fitted, Fullest Option, Leather seated, Perfect Condition & Sound Engine, Just buy and Drive...... WhatsApp me; 08037338922.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by murphyonline(m): 4:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
To all the guru in the house, pls my acura mdx 2007 bluetooth is not working as I can't use my phone with it either to make, receive or play music. what can I do and who can elp me out. I stay in abeokuta and can come down to lagos if the need be. thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by IamSoProlific: 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
[/b]SOME FEW THINGS TO CHECK WHEN GETTING A TOKUNBO OR USED CAR/VEHICLES[b]

Engine i4/ V6 sound , fumes, Adaptor, Acceleration (By Seller)

Gear selection transmission (By Driving)

Car legs ArmS , Balancing

Security 

Alarm System

Handbrake

Engine seats

All Fans (2 Radiator) Compressor e.t.c

Car alignment 

Car full light /Brake light

Check Engine Light

Check Central Lock (whether key locks Central and winds Glass)

AC working/not

CUSTOM PAPers*

Leather interior /Central Locks/ MILEAGE

CD/ Radio/ Speaker Sound*

Power Door ... Power Windows 

Wipers ...water pressors 

Check Absorber while driving 

Adjustable Seats and Steering

Open all Trunks Booth and Bonnet, Fuel Tank

C Caution, Fire Extinguisher,  Car Jack, Wheel spanner, Extra Tyre, 

Car receipt , Car Documents e.t.c

What are those e.t.c bros?

Especially in the area of papers....all to ensure car isn't stolen and to stay off police wahala.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
IamSoProlific:

What are those e.t.c bros?

Especially in the area of papers....all to ensure car isn't stolen and to stay off police wahala.

Original Proof of ownership, custom papers , agreement if he bought from a previous user also , former vehicle particulars till the present/current date
I once had a Honda Accord 06 the former user a woman gave all the Vehicle particulars from 2012 way down in her name that alone proved over 100% she was the rightful owner before selling to me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by IamSoProlific: 8:31am On Oct 31, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Original Proof of ownership, custom papers , agreement if he bought from a previous user also , former vehicle particulars till the present/current date
I once had a Honda Accord 06 the former user a woman gave all the Vehicle particulars from 2012 way down in her name that alone proved over 100% she was the rightful owner before selling to me

Okay thanks. Is there any outlet of any sort that I can confirm the legitimacy of those papers?

I've heard about so many document forgeries in the time past.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by IamSoProlific: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Okay thanks. Is there any outlet of any sort that I can confirm the legitimacy of those papers?

I've heard about so many document forgeries in the time past.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 9icetoo(m): 9:55am On Oct 31, 2020
joungblood:
Key points for me are
*beauty/luxury
*durability
*fuel usage
*cheap maintainace.
*thumb start
*leather seats
*reverse camera

Budget 3m-3.5m
Whatsapp me
Don't go an buy stolen car or car without custom papers or Nigerian used disguised as toks. This your budget cannot buy any of the cars you have listed.
Minimum of 4.5 at least maybe for the Highlander or venza and it won't be limited edition or xle.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 9icetoo(m): 9:59am On Oct 31, 2020
murphyonline:
To all the guru in the house, pls my acura mdx 2007 bluetooth is not working as I can't use my phone with it either to make, receive or play music. what can I do and who can elp me out. I stay in abeokuta and can come down to lagos if the need be. thanks
Your Bluetooth module is bad. It's under the arm rest. You can get a toks and replace it or buy a small bluetooth plug in device (you plug into the 12v port). It's a 10 minute job. You can watch youtube videos of how to replace the module. It's easy. I unplugged mine when it failed and was draining my battery.
Another fix is to bake it in an oven at 220 deg f for 10 minutes to reflow the solderings. I did this on mine and its working again. Though it's a temporary fix because it is known to go bad again. All the best.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by itsnotashes: 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
this is going to be something that i write
there is nothing that i can do either.
lala la land.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by itsnotashes: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
this is not how it is done
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by itsnotashes: 2:17pm On Oct 31, 2020
this is going to be something that i write
there is nothing that i can do either.
lala la land.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by itsnotashes: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
just something totally random
this is where you'l need to write your posts

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread