Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522711 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by imosung(m): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Good day car gurus, I drive a 2008 Toyota sienna, the check engine light came on. I scanned the car and it brought the following codes,

P0420
P0430

Please what does this code mean and how do I go about fixing it.

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 3:55am On Sep 14, 2020
imosung:
Good day car gurus, I drive a 2008 Toyota sienna, the check engine light came on. I scanned the car and it brought the following codes,

P0420
P0430

Please what does this code mean and how do I go about fixing it.

Thanks

Cat converters on both banks are bad.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DoctorG: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2020
Thanks for this.

A new one just happened. My car moved in neutral! What's the problem here, please!! I placed it in neutral when I got to my work gate, only for the car to be reversing on its own...

Secondly, about the rough idling thing, does it have any connection with a leaky exhaust? I know my exhaust has a bad port, I've been managing that for now.

lyort:
mind you, brainbox is the last thing to get damaged in any toyota, the simplicity of their electricals don't give room for such. most times mechanics dont trace wires from individual sockets up to the brainbox before they conclude that it is the brainbox that is bad. if you experience rough idle, check if you have blue smoke from the exhaust at higher rpm. if you notice a jerk (otherwise called limp) when your transmission shifts to a higher gear, its a gearbox problem and this usually happens when shifting from gear 1 to 2. if you experience poor acceleration, then your fuel supply into the engine ain't good enough...it means the injector is delivering fuel only enough for idling at a constant speed
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
quest118:

On the npf website, it states that they only issue permit on factory tinted cars. Mine is not factory fitted, should I apply from the website? Will they approve?

U may just need to meet an officer or the person who does ur Vehicle document will have handy information on what to do also

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lyort: 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
you shift your gear to neutral and the car begins to go backward, kazeem's work is now beginning to manifest. most times it tells that the transmission gearbox has been replaced at some point with with a gearbox that its gear range is different from the actual gearbox of the car, or the selector cable was not set to a degree of accuracy when it was bolted to range sensor.

if it is the former and you have a gear position display on your dash, this shouldnt happen. but if it does then the best thing to do is to manage the situation by carefully shifting your gear stick each time you shift gears and observe changes in engine sound and revs per minute(rpm). if you engage neutral, engine revs higher and if you shift to drive or reverse, revs drops immediately.

but if its the latter, very simple, just get a mechanic and let them adjust the range sensor. its the sensor that has your gear selector cable bolted to it. they'll unscrew two 10 or 12mm bolts fastening it to the gearbox, put the car to neutral and rotate the range sensor either forward or backward until gear responds normal when stick is being shifted across all gears.
DoctorG:
Thanks for this.

A new one just happened. My car moved in neutral! What's the problem here, please!! I placed it in neutral when I got to my work gate, only for the car to be reversing on its own...

Secondly, about the rough idling thing, does it have any connection with a leaky exhaust? I know my exhaust has a bad port, I've been managing that for now.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by megacontrol(m): 3:44am On Sep 15, 2020
Hello guys,

Please how much does a toks Corolla 2004 engine (complete or part) cost in the market?

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 10:49am On Sep 15, 2020
What is good about 2004 BMW sedan cars
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by deybhor(m): 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2020
Good day everyone.

I want to get experts opinion about Honda Civic 2000 Hatchback for hustle purpose.

It is Nigerian used, manual transmission.

I want to know if it is not prone to ball joint issue, and does it have good fuel economy? Also, the parts....how cheap?

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mylora: 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good day house, is it advisable and safe to change the manual gearing of a 2007 hyundai sonata to automatic?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by cuteralph101(m): 9:10pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good day Nlanders, my car started doing something funny today. The gear doesn't enter d from Park but skips D and enters 4 then from 4 to D but never from P. Camry 2007 pls anyone experienced this before?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by harkinlaby77(m): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2020
Tokunbo Toyota Highlander 2004 available for sale in lagos

NOTE: Very clean used Toyota Highlander, everything works perfectly, good interior, buy and drive no faults at all.
#2,600000

Call/whatsapp 08110797020 for buy/ enquiries

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thinkinghead: 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2020
Hello good people. I am about getting my first car and I am eyeing 1.toyota avalon any of2006-2009.2 muscle camry(2007/2008) or 3. Under accord 2008. Pls which is the best. I believe your constructive instructions and opinions would help me make the beat choice. Gratitude
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by quest118(m): 4:23am On Sep 19, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:

U may just need to meet an officer or the person who does ur Vehicle document will have handy information on what to do also

my licensing officer will get it for me for 8k next week. I hope it is genuine though. how do I ascertain its genuineness?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kinzeyfranks(m): 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2020
Bosses in the house,
is this website legit for importing cars?
https://www.racingpal.co.uk/ad/9016
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by teeytimi: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
Please guys, I like to ask a very important question.
Can I replace a 225/70c - r15 with a 195/70c r15
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by wyse24(m): 6:39am On Sep 20, 2020
Toyota corolla 2003
First body
Contact via my signature
1.4m
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by martyns200(m): 2:42am On Sep 21, 2020
Is it advisable to buy new original bearing to put inside hub than buying a tokunbo hub? Car is a 2005 corolla, the more I accelerate, the more the humming sound increases.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DoctorG: 10:17am On Sep 21, 2020
I have been managing the car since then cos I was tired of earning money and spending it on the car.

However, this morning I took it for a scan. Here are the results.

So I asked the scan man if he knew any good mechanic. He now called one Kazeem, who checked the car and the scan findings and said the worn-out engine seat is the reason for all the malfunctions.

I find that hard to believe. Please, advise.

lyort:
you shift your gear to neutral and the car begins to go backward, kazeem's work is now beginning to manifest. most times it tells that the transmission gearbox has been replaced at some point with with a gearbox that its gear range is different from the actual gearbox of the car, or the selector cable was not set to a degree of accuracy when it was bolted to range sensor.

if it is the former and you have a gear position display on your dash, this shouldnt happen. but if it does then the best thing to do is to manage the situation by carefully shifting your gear stick each time you shift gears and observe changes in engine sound and revs per minute(rpm). if you engage neutral, engine revs higher and if you shift to drive or reverse, revs drops immediately.

but if its the latter, very simple, just get a mechanic and let them adjust the range sensor. its the sensor that has your gear selector cable bolted to it. they'll unscrew two 10 or 12mm bolts fastening it to the gearbox, put the car to neutral and rotate the range sensor either forward or backward until gear responds normal when stick is being shifted across all gears.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 1:04am On Sep 22, 2020
quest118:

my licensing officer will get it for me for 8k next week. I hope it is genuine though. how do I ascertain its genuineness?

Is it going to include medicals
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by shankara7: 8:53am On Sep 22, 2020
Wonderful thread. Very interesting
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by madgoat(m): 9:32am On Sep 22, 2020
quest118:

You are funny. How can he get it for u when u need to do biometric registration. Its like saying someone should go and do your BVN registration for you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2020
martyns200:
Is it advisable to buy new original bearing to put inside hub than buying a tokunbo hub? Car is a 2005 corolla, the more I accelerate, the more the humming sound increases.
Buy new original pls
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by martyns200(m): 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2020
erico2k2:

Buy new original pls

U mean new original bearing?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:04pm On Sep 22, 2020
martyns200:

U mean new original bearing?
yes allways as bearing are part that has wear and tear,
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
DoctorG:
I have been managing the car since then cos I was tired of earning money and spending it on the car.

However, this morning I took it for a scan. Here are the results.

So I asked the scan man if he knew any good mechanic. He now called one Kazeem, who checked the car and the scan findings and said the worn-out engine seat is the reason for all the malfunctions.

I find that hard to believe. Please, advise.

Not only can the scan man a fraud and incompetent, he cannot also read!Hope you did not pay him!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by martyns200(m): 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
erico2k2:

yes allways as bearing are part that has wear and tear,

Like what's the price range
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
martyns200:

Like what's the price range
U will have to find that out frm dealers in ur local mkt
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DoctorG: 9:14am On Sep 23, 2020
Are the scan findings incorrect?

erico2k2:

Not only can the scan man a fraud and incompetent, he cannot also read!Hope you did not pay him!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
DoctorG:
Are the scan findings incorrect?

nop they are, however if all he could detect from what you posted was dodgy Engine seats, then he needs flugging and Im sure you can read as well, the scan clearly states what was wrong with ur car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 9zcollins(m): 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hi friends, I am in Abuja and I'm dire in need of Toyota Corolla or Camry for Uber
If you have one or you know a friend who wants to give his or hers out .... Connect me, ��
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by quest118(m): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
madgoat:

You are funny. How can he get it for u when u need to do biometric registration. Its like saying someone should go and do your BVN registration for you.

by "get it" I mean "fast track" the process. of course I have to do biometrics.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Pompeo12: 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
Very good offer.

walexy14:
Greetings All. Please I need ur advise on this! I would like to know if Tokunbo Toyota Matrix 2004 @ 1.5M is a gud deal ? And also if it's a good car for a first time user , an average income earner to use and the fuel consumption? My friend uncle sent the cars from Canada 3weeks ago , the asking price is 1.6M but ready to sale @1.5M for me . Please ur advise is needed on this . Picture below.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.