Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523090 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:23am On May 11, 2023
Androidking:
Hello Guys.

I checked for RX 300 4 x 4 engine on jiji

And am seeing Engine for sienna, highlander and Rx300 together.

Can these 3 cars use the same Engine.

Or is there a way to know the one suitable for Rx300 only.

I don't want to buy mixup Engine thanks

There are two types of 1MZfe, one with VVti and another without. Your RX comes with 1MZFE with VVTi

The issue is the replacement in market may not have engine cover, the engine cover is also another way to determine which has VVti or not. The black has no VVti, the silver engine cover is the right one
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fabbyking: 7:25pm On May 11, 2023
Been pondering on something, for instance one has 4m and wants to go for a 03/04 corrola but along the line a clean 1st grade registered 012 corolla comes up. Which is better to go for
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dicksonadams(m): 8:19pm On May 11, 2023
Fabbyking:
Been pondering on something, for instance one has 4m and wants to go for a 03/04 corrola but along the line a clean 1st grade registered 012 corolla comes up. Which is better to go for
a first grade lexus Es330, far better, more luxurious, rugged and you go still get change grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fabbyking: 8:55pm On May 11, 2023
dicksonadams:
a first grade lexus Es330, far better, more luxurious, rugged and you go still get change grin
it still applies with the es330. What I am saying is that it it better to go for a registered newer model or toks of an older model
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dicksonadams(m): 11:12pm On May 11, 2023
Fabbyking:
it still applies with the es330. What I am saying is that it it better to go for a registered newer model or toks of an older model
this is how I will make decision if I was the one to buy, I don't like economy cars, I don't like them more if they are expensive,either new or old.

I will rather get a luxury older model than drive a new economy car that still have not been updated in above par luxury. So if I were the one, the Lexus Es 330 will be my pick, but if I must choose older or newer economy car then at that point the car Is just an appliance, cost and basic use will be my goal, then I will choose by reliability rating and not by model year

if the 2012 Corolla is certified good, and none abused, pick it,
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SeafoodPeddler: 12:42am On May 12, 2023
The sea is an incredibly rich and diverse source of food and nutrients, and throughout history, humanity has learned to harness its resources to create a wide variety of delicious and nutritious dishes. Whether you're a seafood enthusiast or someone who enjoys exploring new flavors and textures, you're sure to find something surprising in the fascinating world of sea curiosities and recipes. In this regard, one of the best resources you can consult is Seafood Peddler, a website that brings together a wealth of information about ingredients, culinary techniques, tips, and tricks for easily preparing delectable seafood dishes. Join us in uncovering some of the best-kept secrets of marine gastronomy and enjoy a unique and unforgettable culinary experience!

https://www.seafoodpeddler.com/

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fabbyking: 8:25am On May 12, 2023
Fabbyking:
thanks for your input @dicksonadams. More opinions pls
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gregvin: 11:14am On May 12, 2023
How good(overall) is honda civic compared to toyota yaris

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Tohmey(m): 12:51am On May 16, 2023
Help! How do I spot original TP Rings and how to spot fake TP Rings
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jumyinq: 4:33pm On May 19, 2023
Clean 05 Toyota Corolla sport for sale

2.5m

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by michaelpenz(m): 7:42am On May 20, 2023
Another secret way guys are cashing out big time in Nigeria and other developing countries

But you should reserve money to learn the process well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHtOJCxoLFQ
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Miee: 6:25pm On May 21, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UtnF-i07xk

It’s been 11 years and everyone still wants either of these two. Which between the 2012 Lexus RX350 and the Mercedes-Benz ML350 is the better SUV in your opinion and why?
Please subscribe, like and share for more automotive content and reviews
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ojeysky(m): 9:53pm On May 21, 2023
Coolgent:
I need the following parts for ford escape 2013...
1. Canister purge valve
2. Tyres sensor
3. Back hub bearing

What's your experience with the car; Performance, fuel consumption, and maintenance?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Coolgent(m): 11:19pm On May 21, 2023
ojeysky:

What's your experience with the car; óPerformance, fuel consumption, and
maintenance?

Its performances are very okay at both city and highway driving.

Its fuel consumption is withing the range of Civic/Corolla.
(57 litres full tank, 3.75 litres engine oil )

Though Its spare parts are costly compare to Honda and Toyota.

Overall it is nice car but never allow quack mechanic to handle any repair on it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chukwuka12: 9:21am On May 22, 2023
Good morning,

Pls advise
CRV 2008 and RAV4. 2008

Which is the better option
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kokomo: 5:10pm On May 22, 2023
chukwuka12:
Good morning,

Pls advise
CRV 2008 and RAV4. 2008

Which is the better option

I use the CRV 2008, but I will advise you get the RAV 4 v6 variant, it is better all round, The CRV is also good but with an undertuned engine by Honda, meaning the performance isnt exciting, on the good side the engine avoid the oil consumption and engine issues common in the performance tuned engine variant 2010-2011 CRV but honestly it is a rugged car.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MayorArinze(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2023
Good evening everyone, I’m in need of a car for Uber. Delivery or Hire purchase
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kunfu(m): 2:53pm On May 25, 2023
Hello guys, please I need your advice, I'm planning to get a car, I want to be using it to go to work and come back and also using it as bolt during my off days, and I'm thinking of purchasing Camry 07/08 aka Muscle at 2.5M, will I get a good one at that budget or I should go for Camry 05/06 aka Big daddy at 2.1M. please kindly advice
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kunfu(m): 2:55pm On May 25, 2023
jumyinq:
Clean 05 Toyota Corolla sport for sale

2.5m
Is the car still available please kindly drop your number
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Techcrunchng(m): 9:41am On May 26, 2023
Please can someone explain to me the reason why the users of this kind of particular GLE doesn't use license number plate?

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Emmanuelugo(m): 6:06pm On May 26, 2023
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 8:53pm On May 26, 2023
Techcrunchng:
Please can someone explain to me the reason why the users of this kind of particular GLE doesn't use license number plate?

Personal decision and preferences.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uncleck: 9:08pm On May 26, 2023
Hi guys, if I tint only the back windscreen of my car, will I get into trouble with NPF?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ojeysky(m): 9:56pm On May 28, 2023
Coolgent:

It performances are very okay both city and highway driving.

Its fuel consumption is withing the range of Civic/Corolla (57 litres fuel tank, 3.75 litres engine oil)

Its spare parts are costly compare to Honda and Toyota.

Overall it is nice car but never allow quack mechanic to handle any repair on it.

Thanks for the information, can you give me an idea of the price difference, is it like 50% more expensive or 100% and do you readily get the parts whenever required?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Coolgent(m): 11:50pm On May 28, 2023
ojeysky:

Thanks for the information, can you give me an idea of the price difference, is it like 50% more expensive or 100% and do you readily get the parts whenever required?
You are welcome,
Price difference isn't up to 20%
I.e its front shock absorbers 30k pairs, brake pad 12k radiator reservoir 15k, wind shield 50k,

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Lekan239(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2023
Hello guys. I scan my Honda Civic with my OBD11 scanner and I got this code. What should I tell the technician to work on please

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uncleck: 10:00am On May 30, 2023
uncleck:
Hi guys, if I tint only the back windscreen of my car, will I get into trouble with NPF?
I need opinions please
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluayebenz: 12:32pm On May 30, 2023
uncleck:

I need opinions please

Yes you will need a tinted permit
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by amordi: 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2023
Pls Make una help me with these codes ..guys...

Car Toyota Camry 2010

C1201
Raw code: 5201
ECU: ABS control unit #2
Toyota: Engine Control System Malfunction (VCS lamp ON-RX3) or ECM/TCM malfunction / 51

C1332
Raw code: 5332

C1445
Raw code: 5445
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tupix(m): 10:18am On Jun 02, 2023
Good day All,
My 2006 Honda civic drags in the afternoon especially when the A/C is ON.

Please, what could be the problem?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lekan239:
Hello guys. I scan my Honda Civic with my OBD11 scanner and I got this code. What should I tell the technician to work on please

Disconnect and reconnect the Mass Air Flow Sensor, check it’s fuse if it’s shaking, check the wiring if rodents has been chewing it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread