Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (524286 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
amordi:
Pls Make una help me with these codes ..guys...

Car Toyota Camry 2010

C1201
Raw code: 5201
ECU: ABS control unit #2
Toyota: Engine Control System Malfunction (VCS lamp ON-RX3) or ECM/TCM malfunction / 51

C1332
Raw code: 5332

C1445
Raw code: 5445

Replace ABS module.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Lekan239(m): 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
kingreign:

Disconnect and reconnect the Mass Air Flow Sensor, check it’s fuse if it’s shaking, check the wiring if rodents has been chewing it.
thanks boss for the headsup. I will check YouTube on how to check the Mass Air Flow Sensor like u said I should
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by KINGKONG(m): 7:37am On Jun 03, 2023
Dear guys...

I have an issue with my car Saturn Aura...

Overheating, I didn't have this issues before not until the radiator was taken out for flushing during welding on the front part of the car, so I had to allow the mechanic to go flush the radiator.

Prior to this all, coolant has been drained.... After flushing and the radiator was installed and the hoses clipped into place and coolant filled.... There's issue of overheating.

The system has been bleeded severally times and the coolant reservoir keeps boiling and dropping after switching of the engine.

Could it be blown head gasket? Because I've not seen any symptoms of coolant mixture with oil or thick white smoke from exhaust pipe.

The radiator has been pressure tested, no leakages and thermostat has been tested too .. it's opening and closing

Make Una help me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Pneumaa(m): 4:09am On Jun 04, 2023
Hello guys, please what are the best SUV options for 5m budget?

Both Registered and Toks?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by africanman85: 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
If my car colour is blue and I decide to repaint it red or brown. Is there any implications ? Because the colour on d receipt is blue.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by twicenoni(m): 9:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
Pls guys
Among this list of cars which one is better for Uber job
HYUNDAI
⬇️
Accent
Elantra
Sonata

KIA
⬇️
Rio
Cerento
Serento

And how cheap is their parts and are they easy to maintain? Pls help am new to this?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nwanna2588: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
Help a brother. Like how much can I buy a clean body of a Toyota Corolla 2005-2008?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ojeysky(m): 9:27pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nwanna2588:
Help a brother. Like how much can I buy a clean body of a Toyota Corolla 2005-2008?

Toks? 3.5 to 4.5m
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by eden60: 6:49am On Jun 13, 2023
Thanks for sharing this. R certification course
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by PapaNnamdi: 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
africanman85:

If my car colour is blue and I decide to repaint it red or brown. Is there any implications ? Because the colour on d receipt is blue.

have you entered problem with Nigerian police before?? if not try it and experience how problem with Nigerian police de be
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by africanman85: 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
PapaNnamdi:

have you entered problem with Nigerian police before?? if not try it and experience how problem with Nigerian police de be
grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by NL1960: 11:04am On Jun 16, 2023
Please guys and car gurus, what should be in the container in Pic 1 and how are the two components in Pic 2 suppose to work?.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:12am On Jun 17, 2023
NL1960:
Please guys and car gurus, what should be in the container in Pic 1

COOLANT

NL1960:
and how are the two components in Pic 2 suppose to work?.
They compliment each other, metal cap should be totally filled with coolant, the plastic should be half filled with coolant, both well locked.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by NL1960: 7:07am On Jun 17, 2023
nurey:

COOLANT

They compliment each other, metal cap should be totally filled with coolant, the plastic should be half filled with coolant, both well locked.

Wa o.

Thanks.

The mechanic that work on the car when there was a leakage on the radiator told me that i should put water to half level of the plastic and also put water on the metal cap and that once the water in the metal cap drains, it will take from the plastic to top it but i noticed that the top up is not being done. The plastic is still full while the metal cap dries up.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by eghuan1(m): 7:53am On Jun 17, 2023
NL1960:

Wa o.

Thanks.

The mechanic that work on the car when there was a leakage on the radiator told me that i should put water to half level of the plastic and also put water on the metal cap and that once the water in the metal cap drains, it will take from the plastic to top it but i noticed that the top up is not being done. The plastic is still full while the metal cap dries up.

If the metal cap dries up and the plastic container if filled up, it means the content if the radiator (metal cap) is going into the plastic container due to overheating.

It's not supposed to be ao

Let your mechanic check your fan or check the cooling system to be sure everything is working fine.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by NL1960: 10:59am On Jun 17, 2023
eghuan1:

If the metal cap dries up and the plastic container if filled up, it means the content if the radiator (metal cap) is going into the plastic container due to overheating.

It's not supposed to be ao

Let your mechanic check your fan or check the cooling system to be sure everything is working fine.

Thanks.

The car was initially overheating. It was then i discovered that the radiator was leaking at the side and the fan was not working. Both were fixed and the issue stopped. It is occurring again. I will tell the mechanic to check what you have said. Thanks once again.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by computerglobal(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2023

Instant Comprehensive Vehicle History Report

Recovery Of Lost Custom Papers(Instant)

Custom Duty Verification((Instant)

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ecosystm(m): 12:16am On Jun 20, 2023
Pls someone should help me with Vehicle history of this car..

1NXBU40E19Z076036

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ojeysky(m): 6:41am On Jun 20, 2023
NL1960:

Thanks.

The car was initially overheating. It was then i discovered that the radiator was leaking at the side and the fan was not working. Both were fixed and the issue stopped. It is occurring again. I will tell the mechanic to check what you have said. Thanks once again.

I hope the fan was not "fixed" by connecting it direct whereby it always blow everytime you turn on the ignition....
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by NL1960: 8:42am On Jun 20, 2023
ojeysky:

I hope the fan was not "fixed" by connecting it direct whereby it always blow everytime you turn on the ignition....

This was done. Initially, the fan only triggers automatically but now, when i turn on the ignition, the fan blows. My AC is bad for now. So do not know if that was why the rewire did it that way.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fbtowner(m): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2023
Hi guys please I need help with Honda Accord 08

1) check engine is on, a scanned results shows bad o2 sensor

2) if I start the car and move close to the exhaust at the back of the car. It peppers my eye kind of

The car drives well but consumes fuel.

They said I should change o2 sensor but another person is saying nothing is wrong with o2 sensor that the scanner returned o2 sensor error because the catalyst is either bad or not present that I should go and service injector, I’m a little confused because the car drives well but just consumes fuel a little.

Note: the smoke doesn’t get inside the car. Everything is fine inside the car.

The little research I did says that there is too much fuel getting into the engine and the engine can’t burn all the fuel at a stroke so the fuel get out to the exhaust, not sure if this makes any sense

Please what can I do in this case and please if I’m to replace o2 sensor, how much is it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ojeysky(m): 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
NL1960:

This was done. Initially, the fan only triggers automatically but now, when i turn on the ignition, the fan blows. My AC is bad for now. So do not know if that was why the rewire did it that way.

That's wrong the actual cause of the overheating should be investigated, the fan should not be the reason.. connecting fan direct is not ideal for your car cooling system
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by NL1960: 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
ojeysky:

That's wrong the actual cause of the overheating should be investigated, the fan should not be the reason.. connecting fan direct is not ideal for your car cooling system

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uncleck: 7:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
I've bought a manual 2005 Honda Civic. I never knew it was this hard to master how to tether between clutch and trutle.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Reelz: 11:44am On Jun 22, 2023
As they have opened seme border for vehicle importation.. the prices of cars will reduce well oo..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
Reelz:
As they have opened seme border for vehicle importation.. the prices of cars will reduce well oo..

Keep dreaming, in about a months time car prices would increase by 40% as long as dollar to naira rate continues to go gaga

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Reelz: 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2023
nurey:

Keep dreaming, in about a months time car prices would increase by 40% as long as dollar to naira rate continues to go gaga
Who will go for badly used Nigerian vehicles when one can get from Beniñ for a good price. Keep hoarding your vehicles for sale so you will make x100 from it, it will rust in your hand.. wake up.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2023
Reelz:

Who will go for badly used Nigerian vehicles when one can get from Beniñ for a good price. Keep hoarding your vehicles for sale so you will make x100 from it, it will rust in your hand.. wake up.

nah kobo you wan carry enter Benin republic? The only thing that will make cotonu cars cheap is when you boycott paying custom duty and remember you are paying 2 duties, one to the Benin Govt the other naija Govt.

I am not a car dealer sha so i dont have any vehicle that will rust in my hands grin

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ksmart027(m): 9:32am On Jun 26, 2023
nurey:

nah kobo you wan carry enter Benin republic? The only thing that will make cotonu cars cheap is when you boycott paying custom duty and remember you are paying 2 duties, one to the Benin Govt the other naija Govt.

I am not a car dealer sha so i dont have any vehicle that will rust in my handsgrin
grin grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Igemburg(m): 9:35am On Jun 26, 2023
jumyinq:
Clean 05 Toyota Corolla sport for sale

2.5m
Drop digits
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Toun2nl: 11:56am On Jun 26, 2023
uncleck:
I've bought a manual 2005 Honda Civic. I never knew it was this hard to master how to tether between clutch and trutle.
😂😂😂
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ThaRealNyke: 2:47am On Jun 29, 2023
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CAR

Ford Edge 2008 SUV
Price: N4,000,000 (Naira)
Call/Text/WhatsApp: (+234) 08069829826

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.