Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523377 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by cardoctor(m): 6:35pm On Aug 01, 2016
Tolakay:
Good evening, please assist as my car jerks on motion. My mech said it is d plug but after changing d plug the jerking still perist

Check the fuel pump and see if there is enough pressure. Also remove the fuel filters and check if they are clogged up with dirt. Replace them if necessary. Damaged HT leads may also cause current to leak and shorten the sparks to the spark plugs. Check for damages or leaking sparks and replace the leads if necessary.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by solarp27: 12:41am On Aug 02, 2016
carpick Nigeria (www.carpick.com.ng) is a one-stop destination for all car dealers, private sellers and buyers.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by koluray: 2:57am On Aug 02, 2016
your car need to be comprehensively checked, you also did not mention the make and model

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by segunpeters(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2016
Morning house, pls I've been having issue with my car the gear does not select again pls what could be the issue. Though my mechanic told me that its the brain box pls your discretion is strictly advice.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by segunpeters(m): 10:18am On Aug 02, 2016
Morning house, pls I've been having issue with my car the gear does not select again pls what could be the issue. Though my mechanic told me that its the brain box pls your discretion is strictly advice. Its Benz c240 4matic 2003 model
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Yhemysam(m): 11:29am On Aug 02, 2016
Good Morning Good People. Please i need clarification on the information below.

[b]How Good & Strong is Totoya Yaris 2007 Compared to Corolla 2006.[/b]

I am about to buy my first car and i do not know which one to opt for. I have heard alot of testimonies about how good Toyota Corolla 2006 is, in terms of durability, fuel economy, second hand value, how strong the body is etc. But there seem to be little or no information about Toyota Yaris 2007. I need someone to advise me, which one should i go for... Yaris 07 or Corrola 06??

pls i need ojective advise from experienced individuals expectially those that have used the cars before.

I sincerely like Yaris to Corolla because it looks fine and classy,.. but as i dont want to have bad experience as my first time.

I am also eyeing 2006 Lexus ES330 becox it has navigation and DVD function.... (Pls dont yab me ooo.... I jst want something good and that will be DURABLE and economical to maintain.)

I look forward to your swift response on this post.

Thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aumoria(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
A search on the my vehicle plate number shows 'Plate number is genuine and has not been allocated to any vehicle'. The number is allocated to my vehicle and I have all the documents and yet that is what the system search reveals. How do I regularize this anomaly?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by koluray: 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
here is d info you need,2007 yaris is a smaller car, so you can't expect it to perform better, I drove a 2014 yaris, so from experience d yaris isn't much, the es330 is quite luxurious but has a v6 engine,if fashion is wut u r upto, it may be fine, if u don't fancy fuel economy,, the 2006 corolla or any other corolla is an ideal first car, av got three of them left for sale and I personally drive one, nevertheless, your decision is all that matter, cars don't vary except in terms of comfort, performance and durability
Yhemysam:
Good Morning Good People. Please i need clarification on the information below.

[b]How Good & Strong is Totoya Yaris 2007 Compared to Corolla 2006.[/b]

I am about to buy my first car and i do not know which one to opt for. I have heard alot of testimonies about how good Toyota Corolla 2006 is, in terms of durability, fuel economy, second hand value, how strong the body is etc. But there seem to be little or no information about Toyota Yaris 2007. I need someone to advise me, which one should i go for... Yaris 07 or Corrola 06??

pls i need ojective advise from experienced individuals expectially those that have used the cars before.

I sincerely like Yaris to Corolla because it looks fine and classy,.. but as i dont want to have bad experience as my first time.

I am also eyeing 2006 Lexus ES330 becox it has navigation and DVD function.... (Pls dont yab me ooo.... I jst want something good and that will be DURABLE and economical to maintain.)

I look forward to your swift response on this post.

Thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 03, 2016
http://driver-start.com/pennsylvania

This is awesome i just did mine, taught it was a trash earlier on but i got the gist now. so so awesome check it out!

http://driver-start.com/pennsylvania
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Spencer0991: 6:50am On Aug 04, 2016
Please I have a serious problem. Have a Mitsubishi Pajero 2001 with one coil (2 cylinders) not firing and also starting problems. A scan suggested the power unit (TR2 if I remember correctly) but it's been changed (tried 2 samples) to no effect. My electrician insists it's the brain box but 3 different ones have been tried(including one from Dubai) and none worked fine. They started well suggesting the original brain box was indeed not working well but none fired properly. One even transferred the non working coil to another coil nearest to the battery while the originally troubled one started working (the coil not working with my brain box is the one furthest from the battery). Now he's suggesting rewiring the car to work with my brainbox AND the purchased one (at 35k), one to control firing and the other starting at a 25k workmanship charge since all else has failed . Is this even possible? Should it be done or continue looking for brainbox?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Mwanyambijoe(m): 1:30am On Aug 05, 2016
Hi people,
What is the recommended transmission fluid for TOYOTA OPA 2000 model?

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
Mwanyambijoe:
Hi people,
What is the recommended transmission fluid for TOYOTA OPA 2000 model?

Read thru your owners manual. Its always there smiley
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Prophet2015(m): 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
Pls kindly help me my Honda accord bulldog give me problem anytime I pack the car for two days whenever i try to start d car it won't start, my battery is OK , I ask a rewire to check d problem he could not solve it pls kindly assist thank.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by agentsegun: 11:24pm On Aug 08, 2016
For sale Toyota solara red neat and still move like a wind call or WhatsApp me to talk about the price 08107576507

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by agentsegun: 11:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
G wagon for sale at affordable price contact me or WhatsApp me for negotiation 08107576507

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Akpo1daye: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello everyone, My name is Edwin. I am a retired custom officer and the reason why i am posting this is because i run clearing and forwarding as my side business after retiring. So whether you are home or abroad and you have any goods from borders or ports that you want to clear, without stress, kindly call me on 08054532069. I will be at your service. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 3RNEST(m): 12:23am On Aug 10, 2016
I have Peugeot 406 car for sale check link below to WhatsApp me.... Let's talk business
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by alubert4real: 10:23am On Aug 11, 2016
pleases audience, I am about to pay for a crystler neon car and so I have decided to seek your important opinions before i do that. Is the car good or bad in terms maintenance, availability of parts, fuel consumption and the rest? Please, what is your opinion? Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by anath(m): 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
hello house i intend going for a toyota corrolla 2008(9th) generation or 2010(10th)generation,which of these two is better. I will really appreciate you guys contributions,since this is my first car i dont want much issue.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ibrahimstata(m): 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
hello i pls i want some piece of advice on which car is better btw 2003 accord and 2003 camry in terms of perfomance,fuel consumption,durability,availability of spare parts and luxury i have a 1990 honda civic hatchback an i want to upgrade my budget for the two cars is 800k thanks your advice will be appreciated
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by JakesWorld: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hello great people of nairalanders,
I need a very good and neat toyota hiase bus without issue and with reasonable price. Please, is there anyone here that I can hook up with?

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by meksfem(m): 9:54am On Aug 19, 2016
NAIRALANDERS THERE IS A FREE PROMO GOING ON FOR FIRST THREE(3) EXOTIC CARS FOR A COMPREHENSIVE CAR WASH, WHICH WOULD BRING BACK YOUR CAR TO A NEW ONE AT 365, AGEGE MOTOR ROAD ILUPEJU MEECHEAL EXCELS LTD. CALL EMEKA ON 09087128992 FOR THE SERVICE AT THE COMPANY. GET YOURS NOW BEFORE OFFER CLOSES!!!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lastborn19: 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2016
neet tokunbo vinto 1999 white bus....right handed with perfect engine @lagos express way meiran ojokoro
700,000 still negotiable
contact 08025851050

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2016
Prophet2015:
Pls kindly help me my Honda accord bulldog give me problem anytime I pack the car for two days whenever i try to start d car it won't start, my battery is OK , I ask a rewire to check d problem he could not solve it pls kindly assist thank.
do you have to jump start it each time?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
Spencer0991:
Please I have a serious problem. Have a Mitsubishi Pajero 2001 with one coil (2 cylinders) not firing and also starting problems. A scan suggested the power unit (TR2 if I remember correctly) but it's been changed (tried 2 samples) to no effect. My electrician insists it's the brain box but 3 different ones have been tried(including one from Dubai) and none worked fine. They started well suggesting the original brain box was indeed not working well but none fired properly. One even transferred the non working coil to another coil nearest to the battery while the originally troubled one started working (the coil not working with my brain box is the one furthest from the battery). Now he's suggesting rewiring the car to work with my brainbox AND the purchased one (at 35k), one to control firing and the other starting at a 25k workmanship charge since all else has failed . Is this even possible? Should it be done or continue looking for brainbox?
You have suffered enough in the hands of illiterate Kazeem using your car as lab rat for there trial and error schemes
I will advice you fle look for a professional to fix this issue for you .Get somebody vast in using a manufacturer circuit diagram to resolve this issue for you .
call autologic @ 08061166316 if you are in Lagos.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
Prophet2015:
You have a hidden parasitic drain that is discharging the battery when the car is turn off.This implies you have some accessories perpetually ON or bad wiring issue
Get a professional to check is for your .
if you are in Lagos, u can contact autologic @ 08061166316
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chucason: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
Please I need a bus for commercial purpose (transportation) on hire purchase bases. I reside in Enugu state. You can contact me on: 07035723338.

Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by segbas(m): 7:21am On Sep 03, 2016
please how much does Mitsubishi Outlander 2015 Full Option cost in Nigeria now
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by vali1000: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
House owners of Camry 2007, how do you rate the Oil consumption. I learned from research online that the 07-11 genaration of Camry has serious Oil consumption Issues. pls advice.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ejunkie(m): 7:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
Guys,

Check this out... very nice car show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3tSe0BOfso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eEO5HMX7T8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr9rtzEExTU

You can also follow the show by signing up for behind updates on the website www.motiontownshow.com

Instagram: @motiontownshow
Twitter: @motiontownshow
Facebook: @motiontownshow
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Honesty19: 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
Are you a dealer, join d newly created dealers WhatsApp group for better market. Send your no to 08035722881
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by givers16: 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
Can someone please tell me about Mitsubishi Outlander 2003, what are the common problems? is it a good choice for a first car? in-terms of its maintenance and spear parts...

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.