Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (524071 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mcelis: 10:57am On Oct 25, 2016
honmusa:

That is outrageous !!!!
Take if for diagnosis with autologic if you are in Lagos ,call 08061166316 .

Thank bros but am in portharcourt.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chikenicholas(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hi Guys, I drive a Toyota Camry 2003 model (Big for Nothing). I noticed recently that the car consumes more fuel than usual and when you raise the engine, it emits black smoke. However the smoke is not visible when you are driving. I did a scan and it indicated that the Air Flow meter is faulty. The mechanic advised that I replace the air flow meter and the plugs since I have not changed the plugs since I bought the car last year.
Please should I follow his advice or the gurus in the house please advice on what I should do.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
chikenicholas:
Hi Guys, I drive a Toyota Camry 2003 model (Big for Nothing). I noticed recently that the car consumes more fuel than usual and when you raise the engine, it emits black smoke. However the smoke is not visible when you are driving. I did a scan and it indicated that the Air Flow meter is faulty. The mechanic advised that I replace the air flow meter and the plugs since I have not changed the plugs since I bought the car last year.
Please should I follow his advice or the gurus in the house please advice on what I should do.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
chikenicholas:
Don't change any mass airflow yet unless you want to waste money ,cos It s rare occurrence for Toyota airflow to get faulty ,u might have an electrical fault beside it is only an amateur that will change parts based on scan DTC result,further test is required to drill down to make an accurate diagnosis .
If you are in Lagos ,contact a professional in the act autologic @08061166316 to help you make accurate diagnosis with their state of the art equipments.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chikenicholas(m): 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
Thanks for your advice. I am in Abuja, please anyone in Abuja to help out
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by solomon4all: 8:00am On Oct 27, 2016
Good day house. Please i want to find out which of these engine consume fuel the most and the one adviceable to buy, Toyota V6 engine or V4 engine. Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by macsilver(m): 8:37am On Oct 27, 2016
Hello. Please I have a Volkswagen Bora (2003)
And just recently I noticed the back tyre of the passenger's seat at the other side was scratching the absorber and the tyre was really bent when I look at it from behind (when the car is parked). When I tried asking some few mechanics, some said it is Bushin while others say it is back hassle and that I have to change the entire back hassle for about 40,000 in naira. A closer look from another mechanic made me realise that it is bent. And can be straightened but might not last. I don't have that kind of money. What do I do please?

Secondly, is it advisable to wash my engine? What's the negative effect?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by macsilver(m): 8:38am On Oct 27, 2016
solomon4all:
Good day house. Please i want to find out which of these engine consume fuel the most and the one adviceable to buy, Toyota V6 engine or V4 engine. Thank you.

V6 consumes more fuel.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2016
macsilver:

V6 consumes more fuel.
Oghene biko! shocked shocked in this modern era This speech still dey exist? embarassed embarassed
Biko Abeg, go buy wheel narrow or bicycle or cart or something. Avoid petrol powered vehicle. angry angry

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
kingreign:

Oghene biko! shocked shocked in this modern era This speech still dey exist? embarassed embarassed
Biko Abeg, go buy wheel narrow or bicycle or cart or something. Avoid petrol powered vehicle. angry angry
which on B oghene biko, V6 would consume petrol than L4, 6 cylinder and 4 cylinder, what do you think?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
macsilver:
Hello. Please I have a Volkswagen Bora (2003)
And just recently I noticed the back tyre of the passenger's seat at the other side was scratching the absorber and the tyre was really bent when I look at it from behind (when the car is parked). When I tried asking some few mechanics, some said it is Bushin while others say it is back hassle and that I have to change the entire back hassle for about 40,000 in naira. A closer look from another mechanic made me realise that it is bent. And can be straightened but might not last. I don't have that kind of money. What do I do please?

Secondly, is it advisable to wash my engine? What's the negative effect?
Be very careful when washing ur engine,give it to the steamers and make sure you electrics are protected
Take your car to the Alignment guys, they will sort you out waht ever it is but for staters, jack the said tyre up and hold it at 9 and 3 oclock shake it if there is play.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
Rasheedgafar1:
Telecommunications has proven to be the most stable and profitable industry, generating billions of dollars monthly. This event is organised to enlighten you about a simple system where individuals can make over N200,000 daily (Aprox. $800) with reasonably low startup capital.

Our system enables anyone to tap into the global Telecoms market. We'll show you how to get paid on services of merchants such as MTN, Airtel, Glo, Etisalat, DSTV, Tmobile, Airline Operators, TaTa. Spectranet, Ikeja electric, Lagos tool gate etc... over 600 merchants in 140 countries.

THIS IS HUGE!

You don’t want to miss this revolutionary business idea. Chat with me on whatsapp 07060437267 for more information
And you do not have a website all you have is a mobil number
abeg go drink garri grin grin grin grin

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by vena92: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Good Evening House,My Name is Sam,I live in Lagos.Please I'm in need of a Vehicle for Transport business in Lagos.So if you have or know anybody that has a Taxi or Bus to give out on Hire Purchase or Daily delivery Basis,please link me up.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by macsilver(m): 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
erico2k2:

Be very careful when washing ur engine,give it to the steamers and make sure you electrics are protected
Take your car to the Alignment guys, they will sort you out waht ever it is but for staters, jack the said tyre up and hold it at 9 and 3 oclock shake it if there is play.
Thank you very much!
Even without jacking the tyre, it moves. And not just the tyre but the "iron" holding it firm
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
macsilver:

Thank you very much!
Even without jacking the tyre, it moves. And not just the tyre but the "iron" holding it firm
You got a bearing/hub problem, or U might have a sturd problem, thats when your wheel bolts are acting as if the village witches are twisting them at night grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP6Kh4FKPlY

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by macsilver(m): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
erico2k2:

You got a bearing/hub problem, or U might have a sturd problem, thats when your wheel bolts are acting as if the village witches are twisting them at night grin grin grin

Lol. Village witches

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by macsilver(m): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
erico2k2:

Lol. Village witches... Thanks anyway
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 6:47am On Oct 28, 2016
erico2k2:

which on B oghene biko, V6 would consume petrol than L4, 6 cylinder and 4 cylinder, what do you think?

Not always true, a 3L i4 will consume more fuel than a 2.5l V6
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
kingreign:

Not always true, a 3L i4 will consume more fuel than a 2.5l V6
name the car plz that has a 3L i4 plz
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
erico2k2:

name the car plz that has a 3L i4 plz
Porsche 944 S2, GMC Canyon, Chevrolet Colorado.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by olasmith10(m): 6:22am On Oct 30, 2016
Get a first aid Box for your car!!!

We have available; standard First aid boxes for offices, factories, CARS, camps, and schools prepared and double checked by seasoned physicians..The contents of our first aid boxes aligns with that of the international standard..
Call us today as we offer delivery Nationwide..
Call us on; 08168529179 and 09052249142
Email; MikeandMegmedicals@yahoo.com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by vena92: 3:07am On Oct 31, 2016
vena92:
Good Evening House,My Name is Sam,I live in Lagos.Please I'm in need of a Vehicle for Transport business in Lagos.So if you have or know anybody that has a Taxi or Bus to give out on Hire Purchase or Daily delivery Basis,please link me up Vena181092@gmail.com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Danfuster(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2016
kingreign:

Porsche 944 S2, GMC Canyon, Chevrolet Colorado.

I want to buy a new battery for my dodge ram 3500 van, I would be glad if you could recommend a place on the main land with honest deals whilst pocket friendly. I don't want to lose money like the first I bought; it hurts that this baby is just sitting fallow.

Cc: Gazzuz, autojush, nurey
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
Danfuster:

I want to buy a new battery for my dodge ram 3500 van, I would be glad if you could recommend a place on the main land with honest deals whilst pocket friendly. I don't want to lose money like the first I bought; it hurts that this baby is just sitting fallow.

Cc: Gazzuz, autojush, nurey

I have bought two in kano street around yaba oyinbo side

Both are 75mah for a Corolla 2006 during gej Era it was sold 12k it's red carton with eagle on it will give you name when I get home more than a year still serving my in law.

Mine was bought for my sienna same 75mah but it was sold 25k, it's bigger in size not power than the one we bought for the corolla the problem is the sienna is out of my reach so getting that maker name would be hard. That's where we have been buying our batteries and it's one time start no hassles.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Danfuster(m): 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
nurey:

I have bought two in kano street around yaba oyinbo side

Both are 75mah for a Corolla 2006 during gej Era it was sold 12k it's red carton with eagle on it will give you name when I get home more than a year still serving my in law.

Mine was bought for my sienna same 75mah but it was sold 25k, it's bigger in size not power than the one we bought for the corolla the problem is the sienna is out of my reach so getting that maker name would be hard. That's where we have been buying our batteries and it's one time start no hassles.

Thanks for the intel; still waiting the brand name tho. i'm thinking bout buying a deep cycle 100mah cos the van runs a V8 engine, i hope i'm not going overboard with that spec?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by paymentvoucher: 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
Good afternoon house,
Please i need your help. My Peugeot 206 slow to pick up when i apply gear one or two atimes. I have changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, and also wash the nozzle still no difference. what should i do
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
Danfuster:

Thanks for the intel; still waiting the brand name tho. i'm thinking bout buying a deep cycle 100mah cos the van runs a V8 engine, i hope i'm not going overboard with that spec?

That's the battery Arnold 12v 75ah. Bought for the corolla going to 2 years soon

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Danfuster(m): 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
nurey:

That's the battery Arnold 12v 75ah. Bought for the corolla going to 2 years soon

Thanks. You wan break my neck with the orientation of this pic grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
paymentvoucher:
Good afternoon house,
Please i need your help. My Peugeot 206 slow to pick up when i apply gear one or two atimes. I have changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, and also wash the nozzle still no difference. what should i do
Scan your car and come back here with the fault codes .
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 2:49am On Nov 04, 2016
paymentvoucher:
Good afternoon house,

You called Mr yesterday when I was busy.
I'd be heading towards Apo today, call me let's see briefly, I'd diagnose your car (at a subsidized rate), then I'd fix tomorrow.
Are we okay by this?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jonozo(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2016
A neat and properly functioning Honda EOD is up for sale. Asking price #900,000

Reason for selling - The owner is traveling out of the country.

Year car was bought - 2014

Contact - +2349072122585

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51