Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,002 members, 7,845,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? (1519 Views)

How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month / 5 Facts!why Young Nigerians Are Being Fired From Work! / HND Holders: How Late Is Too Late For A BSc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? by nenergy(m): 7:34am On Jul 12, 2013
Good morning Nairalanders, the rains are here again and you know what it means for the price of umbrellas and traffick especially in Lagos. Its a fact that most folks working in Lagos wake up between 3-4am and leave home not later than 5am. But what do you do if it began raining just when you're ready to leave home? Its been raining not just cats and dogs, but BH and JTF since 4am this morning-3 straight hours. Thank God i report at noon today. So hustlers, ever been late/absent from work because of rain? And how did you 'Oga' take it?
Re: Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? by Jarus(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2013
I have been few minutes late (say 30 minutes), but I have colleagues that got to work 1pm (5 hours late) because of rain in my former company few years back. Some couldn't even make it to work.

It happens in Lagos.
Re: Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? by nenergy(m): 11:04am On Jul 12, 2013
Jarus: but I have colleagues that got to work 1pm (5 hours late) because of rain
What?! Where i work, its as good as not coming.lol
Re: Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? by Sgtkoselupa: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2013
it happened to me several years ago. I came into the office at about 11.00am. My supervisor was understanding and considered the weather as out of one's control.
Re: Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? by nenergy(m): 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
Sgtkoselupa: it happened to me several years ago. I came into the office at about 11.00am. My supervisor was understanding and considered the weather as out of one's control.
wow,your Oga at the top cool o!
Re: Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? by gunpoint(m): 6:36am On Jul 15, 2013
grin
Yes I have
Missd a whole day
Got a query though, my oga@the top likes to write one as often as possible, helps him polish his english I suppose, so I try not to disappoint in my responses, using words like "deluge", "Noah-sque" and catch phrases like "end of the worldlike".
But I got the message nd nvr com lAte again grin
I stil get queries though undecided

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? by nenergy(m): 1:32am On Jul 17, 2013
gunpoint: helps him polish his english I suppose, so I try not to disappoint in my responses
hahahaha
Re: Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? by gunpoint(m): 6:13am On Jul 17, 2013
My guy, trying having a bozz like mine and let's see if you would still be laffin.
BTW I hope your grammer will match his own

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? by nenergy(m): 7:35am On Jul 17, 2013
gunpoint: My guy, trying having a bozz like mine and let's see if you would still be laffin.
BTW I hope your grammer will match his own
You boss an expartriate?lol
Re: Ever Been Late/Absent From Work Because Of Rain? by gunpoint(m): 10:06am On Jul 17, 2013
1st of all its not boss, its bozz!
2nd of all, wen did an edo man bcom expartriate? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Baba Ijebu Goes Mtn / Hidden Trick Unveiled / Banking Jobs: How Much Do They Offer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.