Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:41 AM

Meshach,shedrach And Abednego - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meshach,shedrach And Abednego (1056 Views)

How Were Shedrach, Meshach, Abednego Pulled Out Of The Furnace / Where Was Daniel When Shedrack, Meshack & Abednego Were Flung Into The Furnace? / Don't Name Your Kids Shadrach, Meshach And Abednego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meshach,shedrach And Abednego by jefips: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2013
Daniel 3 vrs 1 to end,

Studying the lives of three daring jews, shadrach, meshach and abednego, who had so much faith,and trust in their lord that even when threatened to be burnt if they don't bow to the golden image made by nebuchadnezzar king of babylon, they knew the consequence of not bowing to the image yet they were adamant to the kings command,

The king in his rage and fury commanded them to be brought before his presence,to be sure they were guilty and they refused to bow to the golden image,
Dan 3:16,

Goodnews version(16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered, “Your Majesty, we will not try to defend ourselves. 17 If the God whom we serve is able to save us from the blazing furnace and from your power, then he will.[t]

18 But even if he doesn't, Your Majesty may be sure that we will not worship your god, and we will not bow down to the gold statue that you have set up.”
)

Amplified version
(16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, it is not necessary for us to answer you on this point. 17 If our God Whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. 18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image which you have set up)

King james, said, "we are not careful to answer thee in this matter,"

They were not careful, they didn't consider their life, they neither recognise the authority of nebuchadnezzar, their lives were not important at that time because there is a more glorious life awaiting them eventually they die, but God showed up at the 11th hour,

They were Concious of who their identity and who they serve,even if God won't save them,yet will they trust in Him forever, I know if the kings anger were to be measured,it would have gone to 100%, he commanded in vrs 19 for the furnace to be heated 7times more than it was,
But at the end, he was disappointed because God came down himself and turned the fire to normal room temperature for his sons to enjoy,
There is a big lesson for us here, even nebuchadnezzar in verse
29 Therefore I make a decree that any people, nation, and language that speaks anything amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego shall be cut in pieces and their houses be made a dunghill, for there is no other God who can deliver in this way! 30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the province of Babylon.

As you can see they were promoted and respected,

Their action is a very big lesson to us christian,

1 to live a holy life, because they were living a different live, a separate life, according to dan 3:7, so many people from other nations and tribe. That was captivated by nebuchadnezzar bow before the image but the jews did not,

As christians, we should live a separate life, we shouldn't compromise no matter how tempting the job,business is, no matter they amount of money involved in that shady contract, no matter how much we are going to loose, its better to maintain a good standard and be hated than doing wrong and being appreciated or accepted,

As Christians do we place our salvation first or our job, imagine that a president of a nation asking you to bow before an image and you refused meanwhile other people like you are doing same,
Don't do things based on peoples opinion, because these days people don't see anything bad in being bad as long as it puts food on their table,
These men would have bowed before the image if they were looking at some other people or tribes that says it doesn't matter, after all it doesn't take up to 2mins one will bow and walk away, even your neighbour will not know that you did it)

But they refused amidst opposition, they remembered God's commandment and promises,

I don't know what you are passing through and you are considering given in to get what you want, it may be a job opportunity that you have been looking for, for years now, it may be a marriage opportunity, a contract, and you are asked to lie, just little lie,

What is that golden image that you have bowed before,
Anything that is contrary to the word of God, anything you pride above God is an image/idol in your life

Galatians 5,
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God,

These are images one bow to, it rules whomsoever that it controls,
These faithful men of God never allowed material things to rule over them, the benefit of bowing to that image was numerous,

They would find favour. Before the king

They would have been promoted to dine with the king,

I see These men like people that were dead to sin, to die is gain,
Child of God are you dead to sin or alive to it, have you compromised in your job, certificate, marriage,business, relationship, in church, in your christian life, conversation, in the intents of your heart,action, deeds,

You think that if you don't sleep with your boss you won't get the job or promotion, child of God is your boss the owner of your life,
For those of you that works in financial institution, you are being given a target, and you were asked by a customer to sleep with him for you to meet your target and be promoted and you are considering it, because if you dont do it, how can you be paid or promoted,
My dear don't deceive yourself, there are a lot of people,women like you who didn't do it yet they met their target and were promoted,

You are a student, and your challenge is your lecturer,

What happened to God in these situation, is it that your God can't answer when you cast your burdens to him or you never bothered to tell him,

You are a guy and you won a contract to supply a certain product, you opted for the fake to make more money from the deal,

You traveled abroad and they told you the only way to get quick cash is assassination,drug,fraud,stealing, and you resorted to that to make money fast so that you will be amongst the happening boys in town,
Who are you deceiving, you are gradually dragging yourself to Hell, there are other options but you decided to make money the image you bow to, will you ever stand before God with your money, fleets of cars and buildings,(answer the question yourself)

Mathew 16;26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

There is nothing that can equate a mans soul,
This life is a spiritual race and if you must run it, you must keep to the rules and regulations like you would if you are running a physical marathon,

Don't try to do it by your power, it is only by the grace and spirit of God, don't even try to justify yourself when you are leaving the wrong life, come out of it now before it is too late in Hell,

It is never too late to ask God to forgive you, God is merciful to forgive,

1john 1 vrs 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness,

Bow down before God and ask him to forgive you, confess every unrighteous act to him, and never you go back to your old life

PRAYER OF SALVATION
Lord Jesus, I repent of all my sins, I repent because I have sinned against you; I ask You Lord to forgive my sins (mention as them)and cleanse me with Your Precious Blood, I ask that You write my name in the Book of Life. Seal me with Your Holy Spirit, enter and dwell in my life and free me of all wickedness. I renounce the desires of my flesh; I renounce my former life, and all that is unpleasing to you, I declare today, that all chains that bind me be released, I am free, because You have freed me. In the name of Jesus, Amen"

(1) (Reply)

A Warning To God. / Playing Musical Instruments In Churches / What Muslims Should Know About Christmas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.