Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Don't Name Your Kids Shadrach, Meshach And Abednego - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Name Your Kids Shadrach, Meshach And Abednego (10251 Views)

Where Was Daniel When Shedrack, Meshack & Abednego Were Flung Into The Furnace? / Reasons Why People Don't Name Their Chilld 'Jesus' / Meshach,shedrach And Abednego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Name Your Kids Shadrach, Meshach And Abednego by berepiki(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
REASON: SHADRACH means command of the moon-god...MESACH means who is like the moon-god...ABEDNEGO means servant of Nego...these are babylonian names in worship of their idols...plz check google to confirm d meaning of these names
DANGER: Names hav effect on people...ignorance is not an excuse...they are good characters buh those names were evil names given to them in d land of slavery...before they became slaves their parents gave them Godly hebrew names....So don't be ignorant
FACT: In Daniel 1:1-7 u will see the origin of these evil names
RECOMMENDATION...U can give ur children the ORIGINAL HEBREW NAMES of these wonderful hebrew brothers....Hananiah(God is gracious), Mishael(who is like God) n Azariah(God keeps him)
NOTE: Daniel's name was changed too buh till today they don't call Daniel his babylonian name Belteshazzar(Prince of Bel)...Daniel is Daniel( God is my Judge), he refused to answer the new name even in the King's palace
RECIPE: my mum gave me MESHACH as a 2nd name buh since I discoverd dis I hav stopped answering d name...I prefer to be called MISHAEL...it still represents the character...
.....PASS the message to ur friends...fanx...BomaBerepiki

2 Likes

Re: Don't Name Your Kids Shadrach, Meshach And Abednego by jamace(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ok.
Re: Don't Name Your Kids Shadrach, Meshach And Abednego by Hiploko(m): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
Very correct

1 Like

Re: Don't Name Your Kids Shadrach, Meshach And Abednego by ysyowel(m): 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
the Babilonians changes their names, location, foods, environment, language, and culture etc but one thing they were unable to change "THEIR HEARTS AND THEIR GOD"

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With African Religions? / God Is Good, He Has Done Me Well, / My Time To Judge The World Is Near - Olumba Olumba Obu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.