Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,480 members, 7,826,817 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court (47601 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / David Mark's Election Nullified By Appeal Court, Fresh Election Ordered / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
duffman: nigeria is a place where criminals are celebrated..i knw it is fair dat almustapha is released because pple who have committed greater crimes than him like ibb,jerry useni and d rest are living freely..but i knw one thing 4 sure..he takes decision on behalf of abacha as his CSO..even rogers claimed it was almustapha who ordered the killing of kudirat abiola..pple can celebrate not because he is innocent but because other criminals are living freely

Sgt. Rogers later said that he lied against Al-Mustapha. For now, any evidence linking him to the murder doesn't hold ground. So the high court verdict shouldn't stand.

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by jaybee(f): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
jmaine:

I agree to an extent, but who are the culprits . . . .

who killed Dele Giwa?

Who killed Bola Ige?

Who killed Funsho Williams?

Who planted the October 2010 bomb in abuja?

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
I sill don't know why Nigerians hate reasoning and prefer propaganda. You are not exoneating Abacha but pointing to a possibility that he may not have committed the crime. Yet you are being attacked. angry
owobokiri:

I was actually in the university when Abacha died.. do the maths. I also remembered that people like you were on the streets dancing and thanking god for killing Abacha, you called it "divine intervention"! Then Abiola died and you went silent because it was Luciphers intervention? Ms Rice and Pickering walked away free, because people like you refused to keep your eyes on the ball preferring to listen to fairy tales instead! Just tell me; what did Abacha gain by killing that woman. Gani was here likewise Ubani and others but they weren't killed. They were of more serious threats to Abacha but Kudirat? No! Pointer; She was going to the Canadian embassy to meet up with an appointment when she was gunned down. Did you read about the plan to assassinate Capirels , the western point man in Venezuela , after Hugos death just to heat up the polity against Maduro? Dey there. I maintain; there is a good chance Abacha never authorized that killing!

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by owobokiri(m): 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: I sill don't know why Nigerians hate reasoning and prefer propaganda. You are not exoneating Abacha but pointing to a possibility that he may not have committed the crime. Yet you are being attacked. angry

Herd mentality... our bane.

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
A comment from same thread.
[b]
Almost all the principal witnesses brought forward by the Lagos State government have openly confessed that they were financially induced to implicate Al-Mustapha. Sgt Rogers openly wept in court in 2008 and begged Al-mustapha to forgive him for lying against him (Al-Mustapha). He told the court he was financially induced to implicate his former boss.

Another star witness, Mohammed Abdul, alias Katako, who was alleged to have driven Sgt Rogers to kill Kudirat, said he was in his village on the day late Alhaja kudirat was murdered and so could not have driven Rogers to kill her. Again, Sofolahan who was sentenced along with Al-mustapha had before the ruling challenged anybody from the Abiola's family to come forward and testify that he worked for Alhaja Kudirat.

The Lagos State government had repeatedly in its proof of evidence before the court referred to Sofolahanas Alhaja Kudirat's PA and that he was the one giving Al-Mustapha information about the movements of Alhaja. Hear Sofolahan " At least somebody should come forward for over 12 years now to say yes, Alhaja has sent you to see me as a personal assistant or somebody should have approached the DPP telling her, he/she knows that i worked with Alhaja of blessed memory" [/b]
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
yes o!

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Youngmubee(m): 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hmmn....Alhamdulillah Maj.Almustapha we wnt u 2 contest 4 president wen u r ready 2 do so
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by bojohns: 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
funny country, anything can happen
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by yokiti: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
I will be waiting patiently for what this judgement will lead to. Good for his family members and bad for our so called leaders who might be exposed by him.

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Youngtekkey(m): 9:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
jchime:
In the military setting, the master dictates the tune, and you have no right to determine the legality or illegality of a senior officers orders. You just carry out the order, in almustaphas case, he was an ADC doing the biddings of his master who in addition happens to be the most powerful military man. Who are you to question his orders.
wetin u go say before when it was not ur mother that he killed u will blindly support him of acting under orders from his oga @d top
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Youngtekkey(m): 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
jaybee:

who killed Dele Giwa?

Who killed Bola Ige?

Who killed Funsho Williams?

Who planted the October 2010 bomb in abuja?

ur reply is different from what the person u quote is saying and let me start from the rare jonathan planted 2010 bomb in abuja coz at least henry okah mentioned his name who killed dele giwa i think i use to hear that ibb did that who killed bola ige that is very controversial but i know obasanjo have an hand in that so what are u now trying to say coz i don't get u
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
If Al-mustapha indeed shot kudirat, either pointblanked or at a distance, he isn't in the wrong so far if he is under orders.

You don't attack the messenger but the sender of the message.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by bankyblue(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
This is wrong.
So will they pay him for wrongful detention?
I wonder how much will that be
......Anyway, all roads leads to supreme court sha.
Final episode, coming soon!!!!!

Watch out!
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Then who did the killing
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Controversy: 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
I no understand this judgment @ all
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
bankyblue: This is wrong.
So will they pay him for wrongful detention?
I wonder how much will that be
......Anyway, all roads leads to supreme court sha.
Final episode, coming soon!!!!!

Watch out!

The Lagos State government would be the ones to pay such a compensation IF Al Mustapha and/or his family decides to sue the LASG for "wrongful imprisonment". The compensation could run into 100s of millions of naira.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by riskit33: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
chei: Nice one. This man has went through hell on earth, he has lost all hopes.
'has went through'
please which version of English is this? If you have terrible grammatical problem such as this, just dont make it public by posting on social media. Nigeria really has her plate full, with this current breed of graduates and undergraduates who slaughter English with reckless abandon.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by soledayo(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
ujchief: Wouldn't be surprised if he picks a PDP ticket next week.
You are absolutely right.... in a nation where Sanni Abacha's son contested for governorship and almost won.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by nikky5(m): 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Am happy for this man cos I have prayed sometime ago for his release.He is s brave soldier and understood that the Nigerian state and the forces that be are his woes.All the same the release is political.This is to compensate for the killings of northerners in the boko haram brouhaha and to please the north as a whole.This man will go into politics and make impact in this nation.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by nyabingi(m): 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
WOW I LOVE POLITICS COS ITS A GAME FOR PERMANENT INTEREST NOT ENEMIES...NOW WATCH AS THE DRAMA UNFOLD IN THE YEARS AHEAD OF 2015, MUSTAPHA WILL BEGIN TO TALK AND NAME NAMES, WATCH ALSO AS DISTRUST AND SUSPENSE ARISES WITHIN THE APC CAMP BETWEEN SW AND THE NORTH...IM WATCHING, HOPE YOU ARE TOO!![size=14pt][/size]
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by mainaugustine(m): 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
jonathan's new security chief i bet.....prAY dey dont kill him before b4 he starts spilling secrets
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by AnanseK(m): 11:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
beylinko: Good for him, enough troubles have circled round his head already. I wont be surprised seeing him at the polls contesting for the governorship position of his state come 2015.

Prison is a starting point . Mandela ----->Obasanjo--------> Al Mustapha?
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by monerre(m): 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
This is incredible in the Nigerian law court...At last Hamzat Al mustapha was freed.He should just go and pick the presidential ticket,shikena!
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Coolboi05(m): 11:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
Youngtekkey: wetin u go say before when it was not ur mother that he killed u will blindly support him of acting under orders from his oga @d top
m.umu he was'nt accused of killn hr bt of gvn odas...avoid listenin 2 folktales...
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
I-pledge:

This is the exact shrewd mentality that is keeping us down!....are u high,watz d meaning of shrewd,u gv meaning 2 thing accordin 2 d way dey r pronounced
grin grin grin embarassed
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Gaius667: 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
As strange as his release might sound, I believe that he still has much to offer this country despite his high handedness and gross abuse of power such that Generals feared a major like him in his days of active service.
This man secured and guarded Abacha for years and he understands the security and political frame of Nigeria so well.I know he is not indispensable but his release might bring clarity to many salient issues in those dark years. Advanced nations will likely not waste a man like him but rather, glean him and use his vast intelligence for the good of the nation. My thoughts anyway!
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by nduchucks: 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
Prediction: The former accused will become Senator Al-Mustapha
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Revolva(m): 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
while he was in jail this man enjoy rock weller more than an average nigerian na dem sabi sha make he know wetin he use him remainin life go do as dem don release am omo the kind bash wey dey go organise for am for kano na like 19 cows dem go kill oo street go eat almajiri go belleful tiya
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by deebrain(m): 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
Maxymilliano:

The court upturned the judgement of a Lagos High Court.
The Court of Appeal in Lagos has discharged and acquittedHamza Al-Mustapha from the murder of Kudirat Abiola.

The judgment overturns that of the Lagos High Court which sentenced him to death by hanging.

The presiding judge accused the lower court of being“stroked to secure a conviction by all means.”

Mr. Al-Mustapha was a former chief security officer to the late dictator, Sani Abacha.

He was sentenced to death on January 30 for conspiracy and murder of Mrs. Abiola.

Mrs. Abiola, 45, was shot in Lagos on June 4, 1996, as the lower court ruled, on the orders of Mr. Al-Mustapha.

Details later…

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140798-breaking-court-of-appeal-sets-al-mustapha-free.html

Praise the lord. (dancing khona) grin
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by OkBounce(m): 12:28am On Jul 13, 2013
9jauk:

You are a drunkard, u guys should better pray for d country to split into multiple, lol
you are so damn on point! Mate.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by jackymfon: 1:09am On Jul 13, 2013
It's a pity that this is a country where people see black and call it white. Only time will tell the effect this judgement will have in Nigeria.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by PStacks(m): 1:24am On Jul 13, 2013
After 14 years...
Something is fundamentally wrong with this country..
Our Justice system..
The system failed Al-mustapha
The system failed Kudirat
The system failed the public.

A Major in 1996 by 2013 should either be a Brigadier General or above..

He should push that his dismissal from the Army should be changed to Retirement so he gets all his benefits and Becomes pensionable.

Nigeria has failed everyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Stoned In Kogi / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan / Photo Of Obasanjo And His Classmate At National Open University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.