Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,178 members, 7,811,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court (47583 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / David Mark's Election Nullified By Appeal Court, Fresh Election Ordered / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Bismarck10(m): 2:40am On Jul 13, 2013
Politics of appeasing the north for 2015

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by koladebrainiac(m): 3:51am On Jul 13, 2013
its official sey nobody kill Kudirat Abiola, she just died of gun wound

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 13, 2013
Boko Haram insurgency= f(injustice).

Injustice= f(Al-mustafa detention).

Boko Haram Ceasefire= f(FG forgiveness).
FG forgiveness= f( Al-mustafa's release).
Al-mustafa's release= f( 2015 politics).
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by iHustle(m): 5:01am On Jul 13, 2013
jmaine:

I believe following orders to commit murder doesn't in anyway absolve ones culpability of been guilty as well . . .

Exactly. Nazi soldiers involved in the holocaust are being arrested till this very day.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 13, 2013
This man is no angel!

I have reason to strongly suspect that he had a hand in Abacha's covert assassination, working with America's CIA and Babangida.

If he was behind the murder of Kudirat Abiola, it may have been on the orders of Babangida or the CIA, Abacha had no reason to murder Abiola's wife whilst keeping Abiola himself alive in prison.

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 13, 2013
iHustle:

Exactly. Nazi soldiers involved in the holocaust are being arrested till this very day.

Some poster earlier insinuated that under Nigerian criminal code, the excuse of "following orders" is a valid argument in a criminal trial.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by sarutobie(m): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2013
supaeagles: well Oga pope, I do not believe there is an age restriction on NL is there? Also perhaps your conclusion is just based on the fact that when anyone does not agree with your opinion you classify that person as a kid? I think there are better ways to debate than to arrive at such a conclusion as you have and also it is ok for people to have reasonable differing opinions. Tolerance is a virtue NL has actually helped me improve.
Yes tolerance is a virtue..but when someone starts typing irrelevancies like 'first to comment' you have no option than labelling such person a kid..if not a kid agewise then a kid at heart..
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by kema01(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2013
Congrat....i've long prayed for his released.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by miracleoscar(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2013
Who so ever must win 2015 must do so in 2013,and GEJ has once again shown all that he is a master of the game called politics.
What are the two things he has done to show this;
He told the world the muslims in the north suffered more in the hands of the Boko boys thus disassociating from installing them.
Secondly the just release of al-mustaph which is expected by professionals like self is another calculated grand plan.
Let's see how GEJ has fared so far;
The south south has already endorsed him,quickly followed by the south east.The north central has assured him if he flags off they are 100% behind him.
The south west have been dialoguing and all the major player have teamed up,from Bode George to Gbenga Daniel and the others.
With this al-mustapha release the nort west will follow,so we are now left with just 2 regions.
Let me predict more later...
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by jascon1(m): 8:09am On Jul 13, 2013
chei: Nice one. This man has went through hell on earth, he has lost all hopes.
Oga thank you for ur english o. U also have pidgin as an option anyways. Just a reminder o embarassed
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by jascon1(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2013
kema01: Congrat....i've long prayed for his released.
Dey there dey pray for him release. Who go pray for ur brother to get job keh? Pray for urself ni
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by kinglawal85(m): 8:57am On Jul 13, 2013
beylinko: Good for him, enough troubles have circled round his head already. I wont be surprised seeing him at the polls contesting for the governorship position of his state come 2015.
u no lie ma broda, n him go win! Yobe state Governor 2015
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by chukkynwob(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2013
Abmalcom:
did I hear you say "...has went through hell"? C'mon! Speak english

Is it possible to hear a typed text, maybe you have an app that reads out text.

I think,

Did I just read "...has went through hell"? C'mon! Write english....

Sounds better

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by chukkynwob(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2013
lee007: PAINFUL PAINFUL PAINFUL!

ITS A REAL PAIN THAT MOST KIDS COMMENTING HERE KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT HOW THESE GUYS RULED NAIJA IN THE MID 1990'S.

ALMUSTAPHA IS AN ANIMALISTIC COLD BLOODED KILLER WHO PERSONALLY SAW TO THE KILLING OF SCORES OF NIGERIANS AND FORCED MANY MORE'GOOD' NIGERIANS ABROAD TILL DATE. KUDIRAT'S ASSASSINAION IS JUST A SLICE OF THE WHOLE PIE.

WELLL I KNOW THIS RULING AQUITTING HIM AFTER THESE YEARS IS VERY POLITICAL AND WE WILL ALL WATCH AND SEE WHAT GOODLUCK WILL TURN THIS COUNTRY TO, ENOUGH SAID!

Do you have any proof? Please bring it forward so Mustapha can go to jail

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by sajawagu: 9:28am On Jul 13, 2013
Good news for the country.thats democracy in action.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Missteemah(f): 9:52am On Jul 13, 2013
wow!dax swt..congratx 2him&his entire family
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:37am On Jul 13, 2013
GenBuhari: This man is no angel!

I have reason to strongly suspect that he had a hand in Abacha's covert assassination, working with America's CIA and Babangida.

If he was behind the murder of Kudirat Abiola, it may have been on the orders of Babangida or the CIA, Abacha had no reason to murder Abiola's wife whilst keeping Abiola himself alive in prison.

Speculations are dangerous because they have no proofs or facts.

That is what got Major Al-Mustapha locked up in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:38am On Jul 13, 2013
CFCfan:

Some poster earlier insinuated that under Nigerian criminal code, the excuse of "following orders" is a valid argument in a criminal trial.

It wasn't in this case, so it shouldn't be referenced.

We should be more disturbed with how the Major was convicted without proper evidence by the Lagos High court.

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by DCoker: 11:13am On Jul 13, 2013
small time now..he go wan run for presidential race...rubbish!! lipsrsealed
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2013
My friend,
Nigeria has been ruled by governments that have not been transparent, and who continuously lies and deceives the people.

People then have these two choices:

1) Accept the official lies /propaganda fed to you.

or

2) Think critically, read between the lines of official versions of events and arrive at the most likely truth by yourself.

Not questioning official version of events and therefore accepting every lie fed to you by a deceitful govt is more dangerous.

What got Al Mustapha locked up in the first place was the fear that he may break ranks and expose some of the deceit that had occurred.

thegoodjoehunt:
Speculations are dangerous because they have no proofs or facts.

That is what got Major Al-Mustapha locked up in the first place.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by jobaskia(m): 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
God will convict them very soon. Nemesis is the greatest ingredient of vengeance one can not afford to with.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by kaposky(f): 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigerian leaders become honest with yourself and stop deceiving yourselves.
Let your tenor count even when you have left office, let people remember your good works.
These days, its only the money they embezzled when they were in office that people remember not their works.
what a shame on our leaders.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Coolboi05(m): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
Delafruita: noone said he shouldnt take orders,but then it would be wrong to declare him innocent of murder simply because he acted on an order.has there ever been a law or decree which made murder legal?has anyone ever been absolved of blame in a case where it was established that the individual commited the murder simply because he was ordered to do it?if thats the way the system works,why didnt the arrests in serbia end with milosevic?why were warrants of arrests issued for his generals and lieutenants?how about rwanda?liberia?joseph kony claims to be following orders from yahweh,perhaps we should let him continue his killing spree.

idi.ot wia were u wen sgnt Rogers confessed dat he pulled d trigger...sayn he ws 4lwn odas 4rm almustapha??wia is he nw?walkn freely..abi u no get tv 4 houz??or ure just da.ft
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by makeitrainy: 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
Someone said Mustafa wil be president in 2015 years back.. www.nairaland.com/725742/ve-video-evidence-murder-abacha/2
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Kalamaya: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pdizzle: That man knows too much...he z a tool
The NSA want him released. “who's after him?“ the president asked. Maybe the yorubas, there could be others“ the NSA said. So you want me to pardon Al Mustapha so you can arrange for him to be murdered?“ the president asked. Yes the NSA said bluntly. But we won't actually arrange it.“ but it will happen.“ and his death will be in the best interest of our national security.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Reading between the lines doesn't mean your inferences are right. It is still suspicions and guesses, not fact.
GenBuhari: My friend,
Nigeria has been ruled by governments that have not been transparent, and who continuously lies and deceives the people.

People then have these two choices:

1) Accept the official lies /propaganda fed to you.

or

2) Think critically, read between the lines of official versions of events and arrive at the most likely truth by yourself.

Not questioning official version of events and therefore accepting every lie fed to you by a deceitful govt is more dangerous.

What got Al Mustapha locked up in the first place was the fear that he may break ranks and expose some of the deceit that had occurred.

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by golamike: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
kehinde1588: yes! Am an english teacher. Are u a learna or a business man?wats ur problem?if na job i get 1 4u.if i neva corrected him,he will make d silly error again and d mockery might b worst than dis...we live to learn no one is perfect.... And for you,u no correct him u con dey blame me 4 making correction nawa ooo.pple like u remain enemy of progress forever
I like the point you're trying to make! But next time you use "worse than dis" and not "worst than dis" as used in ur post. You use worse when comparing two objects/situations but worst when it's more than two. We are all learning, thanks.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
I do not call it suspician or guesses, but reading between the lines of often misleading, untruthful official version of events.

Why do you choose to believe the official lies fed to you by a deceitful govt?

What makes you confident the official versions are more truthful than the version that you could deduce as the truth through critical thinking and analysis? Especial knowing that the govt has proven to be deceitful.

thegoodjoehunt: Reading between the lines doesn't mean your inferences are right. It is still suspicions and guesses, not fact.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
GenBuhari: I do not call it suspician or guesses, but reading between the lines of often misleading, untruthful official version of events.

Why do you choose to believe the official lies fed to you by a deceitful govt?

What makes you confident the official versions are more truthful than the version that you could deduce as the truth through critical thinking and analysis? Especial knowing that the govt has proven to be deceitful.

No matter how you paint it, your suspicion can never be facts without proof. It is not about accepting what the government feeds us but deciphering facts from fiction.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
You never answered my question :

What makes you confident the official versions of events, which you seem to have accepted with out question, are more truthful than the version that you could deduce as the truth through critical thinking and analysis? Especially knowing that the govt has proven to be deceitful?
thegoodjoehunt:

No matter how you paint it, your suspicion can never be facts without proof. It is not about accepting what the government feeds us but deciphering facts from fiction.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by FunkyJustice(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
I heard he wz an inteligent officer,i lik d way he smiles evn in his trials,,yet som ppl wntd him dead,evn witout evidence for conviction and afta 15yrs of detention nd intense torture,,honestly i prayd 4 his freedom..tnk God we can stil rely on d judiciary system d last hope f ordinary man.

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by AnanseK(m): 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
Funky Justice: I heard he wz an inteligent officer,i lik d way he smiles evn in his trials,,yet som ppl wntd him dead,evn witout evidence for conviction and afta 15yrs of detention nd intense torture,,honestly i prayd 4 his freedom..tnk God we can stil rely on d judiciary system d last hope f ordinary man.

The treatment given to Al-mustapha over the last 15 years is the worst case of injustice in Nigeria's history of governance. Even Ojukwu who waged war on the fatherland was not treated so harshly and he died a free man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President / Paul Arkwright Visits Saraki In African Outfit (Photos) / Chuka Umunna Shows Off His Girlfriend For First Time (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.