Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,082 members, 7,811,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka (15267 Views)

Obasanjo's Dance Moves At His 79th Birthday [PICS] / Obasanjo's Adopted Son, Udoh Henry At His 79th Birthday In Ogun State.pics / Obasanjo Dances At His 79th Birthday (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy BirthDay Wole Soyinka!
I am sure you will no doubt understand that Nigeria is at a cross road when leadership must change hands from the old to the new generation.

You will also understand that given how long IBB, OBJ and mates held Nigeria in their pockets, their forced exit must leave a huge vacuum.
To fill that vacuum, the young men, must test their strength. Amechi, Goodluck, Akpabio, Aliyu, Kwankwaso etc are testing their strength. Without this little chaos, there will be no decorum!

I suggest you stay out of it, do not become partisan least you loose that voice to provide guidance. May I suggest that you should be more worried about ensuring that these crop of leaders springing up duly handover the mantle to the next in about 10 years without staying too long to have become institutions themselves rather than building institutions. That is the true responsibility of your generation. You also have a duty of re-ensuring that the fraternities you influenced become honourable organisations rather than cult groups.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by kaposky(f): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
happy birthday prof.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
HBDCBT.......
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by whitecat007: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
He does not have to say it cos we all know he's the father of African literature, and guess what, the literature world agrees.

Collins Le Skillz Madumere:

Here we are once again. Did he tell you he is the father of African Literature?
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by devigblegble: 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Now I think I'm understanding how brain washed most Nigerians are,so once u don't believe in God, they call u something else SMDH

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Clerverly: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Wole founded Pyrates Fraternity responsible for many murders in Universities, I am right about this and he should apologize to me, Billyonaire cos I lost 2 great friends to Seadogs in Malabor Republic.
So this never-do-well-of a church rat was even a malabite? I am now ashamed of you! But I know for sure you were among the late 2000's set, judging from the way you respond to issues! Pant washer!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Sciencs(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
HBD sir..LLNP...........................Now 2d recent news of 2day wic I believe is responsible 4d ill-manner of msgs attached 2d prof b'day celebration, I dnt tink wole soyinka's swipe @ d first lady is too harsh, she deserves it. Her excesses is TOO much...wheneva I see some pple's coment here, atimes I fil bewilder, askin mysef if de read n apply sense in2 d gross tyranny bin practice by d 1st lady. I don't nid 2b in rivers state physically 2knw precisely wat is goin on and neither do d prof av 2b there...nigerians r nt dumb, we read news online, read news on paper, watch news on tv, each givin us concise information on wats happenin and each keepin us posted on d rate at wic a civilian like u n I who's office is nt recognise constitutionally is goin abt steppin on pple's right jst because she's fortunate 2b d 1st lady. Cant we jst be honest 4 once in our lives n accept d truthfullness of d fact dat dis woman is a tyrant??. Jst because she's in town, a road tru wic d Governor n his commissioners normally pass-by was blocked...all d commissioners dat passed dat route had no choice dan 2cum down trek 2 dia destination, dis same bizzare tyranny was extended 2d Governor as well b4 he finally stressed out his frustration..pls be honest, how wud u fil if u'r one of d commissioners or even d Governor?. In addition, a man who was supose 2b in church 4 his weddin was locked up for 4days because he embarked on followin dat same route dat was completely seized by dis same woman jst because she was in town, whereas there's no oda route leadin 2d event of d weddin program. Pls b4 man n God, wat do u call dat if nt TYRANNY?. Lastly, d 5 foolish members who I tink skipped all dia mathematics class in dia school days by forgetin dat 5 can neva out-beat 27 oda members were found 2geda wit d 1st lady @ a weddin "dinnin 2geda", I maybe wrong abt wat de were discussin, bt is it nt obvious she "may" be d instigator of wat led 2d clash of dis 5members against 27 oda members?. If wole soyinka deem it fit 2 take a swipe @her, den he's nt far from d reality of wats on ground....besides he supported d idea of her perm second appointment, by claimin he sees nothin wrong in it if she deserves it even wen d appointment was generatin a lot of ugly controversies...so y shud he be attack dis time?. My fellow nigerians let's be honest in all we do, dis woman mis-use power a lot and nids 2b caution...I'm a southerner, enough of dis she's-our-daughter's mentality. Let's be truthful....God bless nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by voodoogangster(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
May u sail to a gracefull old age and anchor in calm tides. Ahoy prof
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by PStacks(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Happy Birthday to the FOunder of Pyrates COnfraternity, a cult responsible for murder of hundreds of Nigerian Students.

I love your creative writings in literature, you are a literary icon but lacking in common sense for calling women 'mere domestic appendages', what wonders if its the attitude that made you marry and divorce 3 times.

With age comes responsibility, your brain is in your head, locate it and use it.

Is this not the Billionaire boy that Nairalanders hav agreed he's a looser and confirmed he's sick..

Well I don't want to join issues with you B4 someone would post a picture of you by my side and say I once stood with you in 2011, like the picture they posted about Amechi Standing with Bipi..

I refuse to descend to your level of fooly, I know u are an experienced foolish person, u want to drag me to your level and beat me with experience.. I nao know u.. Nairalanders Beware of people parading themselves as Billionaires ooo, their target is that little chage in your pocket.. That's his ultimate goal..
Send me your bank account billionaire I can contribute my widows might to ur quest of becoming A Dangote-like Billionaire..

Not till u are a Dangote-like Billionaire pls, those titles are not picked from the gutter, they are Earned..
Billionaire is a title for achievers, you sound to me to be a looser..

I never c this kind Billioniare B4 sha..

3 Likes

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by antiembezzle: 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
Be more honourable like your friend Achebe was. Stop taking sides with the apc goons, remember your enemy buharam is there. Stop insulting people in a market manner pattern. HBD 2 U.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by whitecat007: 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
The guy is in fantasyland.

@ billionaire, there's nothing wrong in dreaming. Dream on!!

P.Stacks:

Is this not the Billionaire boy that Nairalanders hav agreed he's a looser and confirmed he's sick..

Well I don't want to join issues with you B4 someone would post a picture of you by my side and say I once stood with you in 2011, like the picture they posted about Amechi Standing with Bipi..

I refuse to descend to your level of fooly, I know u are an experienced foolish person, u want to drag me to your level and beat me with experience.. I nao know u.. Nairalanders Beware of people parading themselves as Billionaires ooo, their target is that little chage in your pocket.. That's his ultimate goal..
Send me your bank account billionaire I can contribute my widows might to ur quest of becoming A Dangote-like Billionaire..

Not till u are a Dangote-like Billionaire pls, those titles are not picked from the gutter, they are Earned..
Billionaire is a title for achievers, you sound to me to be a looser..

I never c this kind Billioniare B4 sha..

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Shugajay(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy Birthday Sir... U re indeed a rare GEM...
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by antiembezzle: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: and so fokn what?who cares how you feel?bounce jo
stop exhausting your energy on trival issues, learn to be useful to yourself and family, you sound too aggressive and emotional, a common trademark amongst urchins and losers.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by antiembezzle: 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Happy Birthday to the FOunder of Pyrates COnfraternity, a cult responsible for murder of hundreds of Nigerian Students.

I love your creative writings in literature, you are a literary icon but lacking in common sense for calling women 'mere domestic appendages', what wonders if its the attitude that made you marry and divorce 3 times.

With age comes responsibility, your brain is in your head, locate it and use it.
for all the blind bats condemning this comment, if something is wrong with any sentence here point it out with correction or just let him be. Else, go and play violin with the tribal marks on you jaw.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by bokohalal(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Kongi reaps seventy-nine. Happy Earthday!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by whitecat007: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
No comparison between the two. One ended with a reputation of a lair with no integrity and the other stands for justice, speaks truth to power.

antiembezzle: Be more honourable like your friend Achebe was. Stop taking sides with the apc goons, remember your enemy buharam is there. Stop insulting people in a market manner pattern. HBD 2 U.

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by ChainBlinger: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy Birthday Aro-mate...sail on my professor!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by okoneymailco: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
Edison Blackson
May he lives longer to continue contributing to the development of our unconsolidated democratic process to maturity and a number of Soyinka's to spring up. In any case happy birthday to this rare gem.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
F**k him.
this man has done noting for this country
he is some of the problem we are having now
he stared cultism.

Sir Wole your hand work is a disgrace to you
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by PStacks(m): 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Wole founded Pyrates Fraternity responsible for many murders in Universities, I am right about this and he should apologize to me, Billyonaire cos I lost 2 great friends to Seadogs in Malabor Republic.

Clap for yourself Billionaire Cultist that lost 2 friends.. You should have been instead of either of your friends u lost.. U would have been better lost..
I apologise to you on behalf of the professor that made u loose 2 of ur friend, the professor should have completed it by putting the icing on the cake to hav made sure we lost you..
Bastard.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by dasparrow: 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
@Post

Happy birthday Sir!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Mudash(m): 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mr Prof.... HBD 2 U̶̲̥̅̊ nd mani appi returns.. Mandela of Nigeria
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by PStacks(m): 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
mufasapapasanta: as if she care undecided

Can you imagine this.. So much love Wole Soyinka has extented to the Jonathans only to get insulted..

Its a common phenomenon to bite fingers that fed u. So Prof lead this protest, what later ushered in GEJ only to have GEJ's Wife insult Prof..

Nigerians are God-fearing.
God would have a lot of case to Judge sha..

Religious people but not 1 single Godly person amongst them..
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by lincolnj88: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hbd cultist......fada of cultism....u are truly a menance to our society......ANICHEBE IS THE BEST..
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by antiembezzle: 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
whitecat007: No comparison between the two. One ended with a reputation of a lair with no integrity and the other stands for justice, speaks truth to power.

how old are you to tell wich is a lie. What do one expect from a green sanake, bigotry for sure. The only liar here is wole, then your father who made you grow fat in the endless tribal fallacies of the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by dasparrow: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
Longeria: Happy birthday to BACHELOR @79. OOOOOHH Because of your expected gift from Tinubu, you're disgracing yourself insulting another man's wife, a luxury he can’t afford. 3 wifes 3 divorce.

Point of correction: Prof. Wole Soyinka is a DIVORCEE and not a bachelor. A bachelor is a man who has never been married before. There is a difference. Besides, Prof. Soyinka already has his children. Isn't that the main reason most Nigerians marry? to have kids and not for companionship? Is that not why most of you dump your spouses after several years of marriage all because children are not forthcoming? So, let the man be. Many of you who are married cheat on your spouses constantly while infecting them with sexually transmitted diseases. So, many of you are no better than the professor. Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by PStacks(m): 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
antiembezzle: for all the blind bats condemning this comment, if something is wrong with any sentence here point it out with correction or just let him be. Else, go and play violin with the tribal marks on you jaw.

Billionaires Stooge.. Billionaires Mouth piece,
Bunch of Jokers..

Rather Bizarre Names..
1 is Billionaire
2 is AntiEmbezzle..

Birds of a feather if u ask me, flock 2 geda..
Billionaire is a thief and u are Embezzle or what is ur name.. Clowns..
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR. MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE YEARS. AFRICA NEEDS MAN LIKE YOU, WHO SPEAK OUT AND STAND FOR THE TRUTH. GOD BLESS YOU!

2 Likes

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by PStacks(m): 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Because of you, I don stop!

You are looking for a reason to chicken out.. No stop because of am..

Stop because u have realised how foolish you are.. If not for nairaland, what would ever join Goat and Lion..

When lions are talking, a goat says he's got an idea, that goats idea is what would end its life in the tummy of the lion..

You foolish, unapologetic lunatic.

You won't stop, I will take on you until you tell me the university that awarded you your 1st class Degree in Foolishness.. You're by far the most foolish Mind on Nairaland..

Ur real name should be "Wanna be Billionaire"
Not Billionaire, I take exception to that and I point it to you that, that is yet anoda of your folly, by not knowing what to Nomenclate urself..

You are and embarrasment and disgrace to True Billionaire of this world like the Aliko Dangote's and Adenuga's..

You think u can become a billionaire with Fraud! Desist from it, it won't pay you Billy..
Humble urself, you are not a billionaire don't claim d title.. Wole Soyinka is not Claiming "Prof" he's a Certified Prof..

You are the 1st Billionaire that has never made it to Forbes list of worlds richest..
Your name alone irritates me, I can't stand "Billionaire"
U are a fraud.
Seun osewa must Profile you B4 u dupe gullible people who truely think u are a billioniare..
You are an example of Nigerian's plenty problem... Claiming to be what you are not.

If you dream to be a billionaire..
Ur name should be "Wanna be Billionaire" or " Billioniare in view" or "My billion is on the way"
But taking Dangote's title is totally unacceptable as I c u as a fraud..

By the time I finish with you, u'l know that all-over and overall no be dsame thing.
Bitchass moafucker.

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by DIVINE78: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
obakovich: This fool that Ameachi bribes
Your father is a fool.

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WOLE SOYINKA!!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by nerodenero: 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
After reading all the comments so far,I think I cant justify anybody for whatever actions they had taken.For Madam Jonathan,Amaechi and the President,I think they should come to a common ground and settle the misunderstanding.A settlement will be a major boost for Jonathan's 2015 re-election.For the Prof,today is your day and I will say happy birthday.You can also help these children of yours in settling this problem as you wont be doing too much by so doing.Long live Professor and Long live Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Will Run For Ekiti Governorship In 2018 – Segun Oni / Primate Ayodele To Igbo: Forget 2023 Presidency / Some Nigerians Sabotaging Okonjo-Iweala's WTO Campaign – Paul Nwabuikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.