Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka (15282 Views)

Obasanjo's Dance Moves At His 79th Birthday [PICS] / Obasanjo's Adopted Son, Udoh Henry At His 79th Birthday In Ogun State.pics / Obasanjo Dances At His 79th Birthday (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by MAYOWAAK: 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Happy Birthday to the FOunder of Pyrates COnfraternity, a cult responsible for murder of hundreds of Nigerian Students.

I love your creative writings in literature, you are a literary icon but lacking in common sense for calling women 'mere domestic appendages', what wonders if its the attitude that made you marry and divorce 3 times.

With age comes responsibility, your brain is in your head, locate it and use it.

First lady is a domestic appendage of power - Professor Wole Soyinka
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This quote has been interpreted variously by many 'olodos' on social media. Many of them only had F9 in English so you can pardon their useless interpretation. This is not an insult. The domestic appendage is qualified by the last word 'power'. This statement is only saying that the first lady is not elected into power and therefore an ordinary and meaningless addition to it. I hope those raising dusts over it will go to sleep now.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by MAYOWAAK: 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
deletrue: This is the greatest opportunity i have been waiting for. There is no way a man, particularly professor Soyinka and considering his age, could celebrate his berth day WITHOUT a WIFE by his side. I repeat, to God, if this prof. who find it very simple and easy to insult the wife of president could celebrate his berth day without any woman (wife) then you are not suppose to live. Quickly go and commit suicide. Simply put, you are less than homeless ginny pig. Yes, you will be of no use not only to Nigerians but also to the larger human race. Infact, am not aware of any objective to describe you prof. if you fail to come with your wife to the occasion. Am still waiting. Could it be that he is impotent? Lifeless human for that matter.

Professor Wole Soyinka, Folake Soyinka and famous American opera singer, Jesseye Norman, inside the Eugene 'O' Neil Theater

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Pdizzle(m): 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hbd..the greatest
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by DidiLove1: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy birthday, o CBT!!!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Jenchi(f): 12:17am On Jul 14, 2013
Happy birthday prof llnph
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by sheniqua: 4:53am On Jul 14, 2013
Why is he not being photographed with his wife or wives
Is he ashamed of them
At least we don see madam patience
Where are Mrs Soyinka one two or three
Are they hiding in his bia bia
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by bashydemy(m): 5:52am On Jul 14, 2013
HBD sir, When ever i see any topic about you, I always want to read what is says. you are indeed an hero
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Crisnite(m): 6:42am On Jul 14, 2013
baba dey: Happy birthday to him. But why would a man in his right senses insult a married woman just because Democracy permits him?. This is the man that told jonathan to consider HOMOS cos they have rights too. This is the man that said he doesnt believe in any God,so he doesnt think there is one. This is the man that divorced 3 times. This is the man that started confraternity (who told you,the main purpose was to fight our colonial masters?). This man is in a very popular and strong occult group in Nigeria (Dont ask me how i know). We (nigerians) are the ones shooting ourselves in the leg but will always blame it on something shaaa. Whatever!!! undecided
Are u stu....pid or jst findin it hard to use ur senses? Jst because sum1 is married (whether male or female) doznt mean they can't b insultd if dia actions warrant it. Hw can a person prevent d governor, CEO of a state frm passin cos she is d 1st lady (an unconstitutional position)? She hz no rite over d governor (evn if he is nt a saint) weda in d state or d country at large. The Prof. only called her to order n u say he insultd her. YOU ARE A BIG FO...OOOOL (dats an insult). Secondly, hv u checkd ur dictionary to knw wat a confraternity is b4 u start writin non.sense? Also, he said HOMOS hv rights n u fink he is been foo...Lish? So because someone's sexual proclivity is homosexuality, u bliv dt outrightly destroys or cancels his rites to oda tins? Yung man, use ur head.
Jst as he said homos hv rites, he also hz d constitutional rite to belong to any religion, fraternal order or even an occult as long as they r constitutional approved. He hz d rite to believe in any god or to b an atheist.
I hv closely read all d bitter diatribes postd on dis thread bt d likes of u, billioniare n odas who r claimin he did wrong by cautionin d president's wife witout choosin to comment bt urs forced me against my will.....Prof. Wole Soyinka is a human being (also wit faults) n nt a saint bt in light wit d recent happenings or ur unfounded accusations, he has no fault. Dat said, let's celebrate our own person.....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO U SIR....hapi bof 2 cbt, we shant c @ ttg. A2U sir.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by shamme2005(m): 6:51am On Jul 14, 2013
La unique u must b out of ur senses if u know d mumu my fellow widow fat fool woman nd her zoo husband knows dey dnt know abt d rivers crisis let d president come out boldly nd order d inspector general of police t arrest d trouble makers instead of deir stupid defence nd neva put curse on ur head by insulting a respected african wen soyinka nd d lykes were fighting d military were are u nd d mumus in d aso rock now he not unlyk clark wch cannot say d truth because of money enen d lyks of soyinka nd many yoruba leaders were d most obj critics wen he erred so dnt insult d sensibilities of an elderstatesman talk t d mumus @ aso rock dey shud do d right tin.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2013
This man won the Noble Price. What a truly great personality. Happy Birthday SIr.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by bangdarey(m): 8:38am On Jul 14, 2013
happy birthday to professor wole soyinka.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by bellamy27: 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
longlife,good health and sound mind 2 the PROF.kip waxing stronger and illuminating nigeria with ur blunt words of wisdom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested / Update On Fuel Stations Selling Fuel In Lagos / Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.