Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,648 members, 7,823,834 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka (15283 Views)

Obasanjo's Dance Moves At His 79th Birthday [PICS] / Obasanjo's Adopted Son, Udoh Henry At His 79th Birthday In Ogun State.pics / Obasanjo Dances At His 79th Birthday (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by claimme: 11:48am On Jul 13, 2013
Happy Birthday Prof. You are my inspiration; no wonder I wrote my 1st Degree Project on two of your Books- A Play of Giants and Beatification of Area Boy. I will keep being ur fan until ur demise.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 13, 2013
everything is about wole soyinka today
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by nairaman66(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2013
HBD Man.. You rock all the way!!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2013
Happy birthday, sir!!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by omarky(m): 11:50am On Jul 13, 2013
Wishing you the very best of life....... May u star never stop shining. May baba Eledumare and Orunmila who is d baba of Agboniregun continue to be ur guild...... Our amieable Patron, walk and shine in his glory........HBD sir.....
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by sarutobie(m): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Wole is a nobel laurete in Literature and has written many books but how can such an 'educated' man worships Sango, one of the local illiterate yoruba gods that exists only in mythology. The f00l says in his heart that there is no God, could it be that our Prof is a f00l ? Na question I dey ask oh/
Billy e don do na grin
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by coogar: 11:51am On Jul 13, 2013
claim-me:
Happy Birthday Prof. You are my inspiration; no wonder I wrote my 1st Degree Project on two of your Books- A Play of Giants and Beatification of Area Boy. I will keep being ur fan until ur demise.

he's an inspiration to millions of people...
i learnt a lot from him even though i never took literature as a course or subject throughout my school years.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Cutekid54: 11:51am On Jul 13, 2013
nayef: The silly YORUBAS keep justifying the unjustifiable. Soyinka might be a literary icon, but he's no good! What stops him from marrying the 4th wife? No wonder he doesn't respect women. Stupid people.
I don't give a rat ars.e

RETARD dnt start a tribal war, U phucking biafrans r so fond of d@ shit... When Chinua Achebe (God bless his soul even though he waz no diff, also a tribal bigot) waz alive himself n Pa Soyinka fought for justice
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by donpope1(m): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2013
Please who's he??

3 Likes

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Idriswhite(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2013
He is one of the many lights that luminates Nigeria, Africa and the world at large. You are multi-faced mentor mentoring young ones irrespective of the race, believe, and educational status in peace fostering, humanistic amelioration and pragmatic educations. Happy birthday my esteemed prof. I love you just as the biblical Jonathan loves David.

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by arrester: 11:55am On Jul 13, 2013
Happy birthday sir. May you live to see positive changes in Nigeria!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by DIVINE78: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2013
Happy Birthday Sir. I wish you long life in good health and prosperity.
Jesus is Lord.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by SPSpecial(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2013
What a long life a man had......... HBD LLNP to baba agba. His body even better that of obj.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Billionaires: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2013
sarutobie:
Billy e don do na grin
Because of you, I don stop!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Cutekid54: 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Wole is a nobel laurete in Literature and has written many books but how can such an 'educated' man worships Sango, one of the local illiterate yoruba gods that exists only in mythology. The f00l says in his heart that there is no God, could it be that our Prof is a f00l ? Na question I dey ask oh/
I laff in Ibibio... Hear diz retard later diz same dude ll kol d white man a wicked man... U r d proper example of an educated illiterate, w@eva happened to live n lets live... If w@ he blivs in works 4 him den who are u to judge. D funny thing is d@ u ll quote bible passages to support ur claim.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by PStacks(m): 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2013

because you think you know it all, that's why you call another a fool! Billionaire u don't know it all, I don't know it all, know one would ever know it all and that's why we learn everyday till we die, what if prof knows some things you don't know, afterall Knowledge is Power.

If he has more knowledge than you, so he has more powers than you..
Billionaire, I advice you to seek knowledge and stop calling someone in academics a fool, you might be too foolish to see he's not a fool, we all pray for knowledge.

Knowledge is power they say,
And no one man should have all the power!
That's why nobody is Perfect and Nobody is ever gon be Perfect.

However if you chase Perfection B sure u'l never catch perfection. But who ever chases Perfection could always catch up with Excellence..

We have Excellent People like Professor Wole Soyinka in Nigeria because he has distinguished himself in a field of endeavour.

You are just a wanna be Billionaire..
So pls, in ur own interest, he is already a prof, u just still wanna b a billionaire. Pls and pls don't call the prof A fool.

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by cold(m): 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
Where this God mata follow enta?I thought you were always keen on some other metaphysical bullshitt.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Longeria(m): 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Let's put the fact straight.
If you feel soyinka evil, Satanic, cultist, women molester, biased etc hit LIKE

6 Likes

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Idriswhite(m): 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
NAYEF

Must you let people know how stupid you are? Didn't your mother taught you how to tuck your stupidity under your dirty clothes. I won't start tribal war with you because i know too well that your root are peace loving and wise in use of words. You are blacksheep that wants to resuscitate the dying ember. WS has done alot for the country. He demands your honour. Yorubas are peace people that you should respect.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by yokiti: 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Kongi is the spirit; Professor Oluwole Soyinka is the man. Happy birthday sir! Many happy returns of the day.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by deletrue: 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Am using this occasion of the celebration of one of the impotent nigerians called prof. Soyinka that all you prominent nigerian women out there to pray for our indesciple, low level, insane individual to enable him recover, as he has decribe and called our able mother Dame Johnathan an appendge. This is, indeed, an insult to all women. rise up today where you are and describe him as one of the latest fools not only in yoruba land but also ever seen in this country. Am sure after today this prof. will never be the same. Yes indeed, pray for his quick recovery as prof. Soyinka's condition is fast deteriorating.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Policewoman(f): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy Birthday, Kongi himself.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Happy Birthday to the FOunder of Pyrates COnfraternity, a cult responsible for murder of hundreds of Nigerian Students.

I love your creative writings in literature, you are a literary icon but lacking in common sense for calling women 'mere domestic appendages', what wonders if its the attitude that made you marry and divorce 3 times.

With age comes responsibility, your brain is in your head, locate it and use it.

likes 1000.
The man has done more harm than good to Nigerian youths, creativity writing yes i will give it to u but.....

2 Likes

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by eagleeye2: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy Birthday Sir.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Policewoman(f): 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
deletrue: Am using this occasion of the celebration of one of the impotent nigerians called prof. Soyinka that all you prominent nigerian women out there to pray for our indesciple, low level, insane individual to enable him recover, as he has decribe and called our able mother Dame Johnathan an appendge. This is, indeed, an insult to all women. rise up today where you are and describe him as one of the latest fools not only in yoruba land but also ever seen in this country. Am sure after today this prof. will never be the same
Are you for REAL?? undecided
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by launique: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
I'm not here to attack the Prof, but when somebody has erred, even if he is an elder, he should be corrected.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by iykofias(m): 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
Let's raise our glass of truth n toss in fairness n justice. Happy bday Sir wole
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by coolsegun(m): 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hummmmmmmm, me I don't understand. Who is a fool here? Is it the man that will speak and the whole world will listen to or the other? Or is it the man that will speak and all journalists will fight to get his words recorded or the other? I rest my case.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by DrDoGood1(m): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
P.Stacks:
Happy Birthday to the Professor.
Happy Birthday to the Noble Laurate.

Let's even take if to be a University environment..

Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan would be scared to enter into Professor. Wole Soyinka's Office, because a Professor and Dr. Are not mates in any way whatsoever.. Not to talk of the Dr. Wife addressing the Professor..

This is the same thing she did to Amechi..

If it were in the Army, A Dr. Should be either a Lt. Col or Colonel.. A Professor is a Fully Decorated General in his Field..
The Army is a very respected and disciplined institution so u'l never have a Colonel adress a General Anyhow under whatever circumstances..

I just remember "How things can Easily Fall Apart"..

Happy Birthday Professor..

Nigeria, we are watching you.

Happy Birthday Professor.

What has Prof birth day got to do with (GEJ) your President?
How many times have I warned you to always take ur drugs immediately you are awake.
Please take your drugs now and come back to comment. Except you want me to take you to Yaba left? which I know u don't.

HBD to you Prof.!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by PStacks(m): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
shocked These people think say na PDP give Professor Wole Soyinka Noble Laurate Prize. You cannot use money to buy Noble Laureate. She even goes ahead to call him an Embarrassment. I feel for her. B4 weekend she go hear Grammar wey her, Reuben Abati and Labaran Maku no go fit Explain..
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by portablechizzy(f): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
HaPpY bIrThDaY to you sir many mores years ahead....... My super hero!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by obiajurum25: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy birthday sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers / Assault: NBA To Investigate CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar / ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.