Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? (27777 Views)

Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by emmirachus(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
130,000 is a lot of money. She should get use to it my dear that's nigeria for you. I as a soldier how much do I collect doll am not married but even the one that are married still collect the same amount wit me. Our officers are the one eating our money and we are the one doing the job is not like that in other country if I see where the will be paying me 130,000 I will live the wor for them. We are bening paid 50,000 that's people on my level. upon that we risk our life to save others but I still I thank God for that opportunity because people are out looking for the same opportunity but cannot found any. Lol u have to thank God for the one you have ok and pray for more to come.

8 Likes

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Freiburger(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
POSIBILITY: YES she can survive well with 130k a month. All she needs to do is to cut her coat according to cloth in all ramifications.
don't you know that process of trying to live within her means can easily push her into living below the poverty line? since the chances of expanding her ideals are limited? Why not advise her on how she can come home with some capital which can simply invest in a lucrative business so she can still be able to kinda maintain the livining standard she is used to.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
C'mon,with 130k she can go a month even without budget,livinq lavish and would still own some chanqe in the bank till the next salary drops but when we talkinq prudent then I think she gonna use that same 130k for a couple months and still float an establishment.....Time to talk about the money I could tell her about a profit•
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by sirgigs: 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
tumababa:

if she is not planning to look for accommodation, just to feed herself and fuel d car,not staying 100 miles from d workplace and not planning to spend for a guy, she will have savings with dat salary.
You answer is not fair. But there are men earning such with children and wife, dependants too
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by obinnakenedo(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
So u need us to tell u that its ok before she can take the job abi?. Go tell ur sister that it is not ok. I pray some one else grabs the job even with a lesser pay.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by kaposky(f): 1:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
Its only a greedy man that can't survive with that amount.
So, long as you have God, you can survive and invest into the future that
ROI can be over %1000.

Just spend money for your needs not your wants cos human wants are insatiable.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by dasparrow: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
Erelu_Y: Our baby of the family is returning to Lagos from the UK and the lecturing job on offer pays around ₦130,000 per month. Can a single person used to UK lifestyle survive on this income in today's Lagos? If so, how? She's not extravagant but lives a basic, decent lifestyle: no partying, clubbing, etc, (her only weakness is she likes and does have a nice 4 x 4 which suits Naija's bad roads), just a typical acada girl. Your contributions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

She probably could survive but I will humbly suggest she stays back in the UK or find a job in an African country that has constant electricity supply and clean tap water. Nigeria is a rough place to live in. We go days even weeks on end without electricity and to fuel the generator costs money. 130,000 naira is not that much because things are expensive in Nigeria.

Don't listen to those saying they know people with families who earn less and make it. Those families are probably eating garri and other less nutritious meals while begging their influential family members for money from time to time. To be honest, Nigeria is not an easy place to live in especially so when one is used to a decent standard of living and not suffer-suffer.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Freiburger(m): 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
Please, can a Good Samaritan out there tell us what an average Nigeria need to survive for a day in Lagos?
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by coolsamba(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
Akin-David:
What! You don't mean it..when a family man is maintaining his family with 40% of that. You need to set your priorities right and keep improving on yourself with your meagre resources, with God on one's side that #130k will soon be a tithe. Believe.
AMEN bro

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by olajide8(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
Erelu_Y: Our baby of the family is returning to Lagos from the UK and the lecturing job on offer pays around ₦130,000 per month. Can a single person used to UK lifestyle survive on this income in today's Lagos? If so, how? She's not extravagant but lives a basic, decent lifestyle: no partying, clubbing, etc, (her only weakness is she likes and does have a nice 4 x 4 which suits Naija's bad roads), just a typical acada girl. Your contributions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
U are all sick she's being paid fantastic and you are saying she can't manage or can she manage? She would be living large
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by olajide8(m): 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
Freiburger: Please, can a Good Samaritan out there tell us what an average Nigeria need to survive for a day in Lagos?
With 35k a month, no additions maybe a few extra bonuses of about #2-3k a week making the total about #8+ 35k =43k, anyhow families of 4 living on that and they live healthy.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by dpee4real(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
NoContract: Yes, my brother.

If you go on
[size=28pt]Hunger Strike![/size]grin grin grin

[img]http://biwos.beepworld.de/files/1799542_thumb.gif[/img]

[size=14pt]Spits black phlegm![/size]

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by stevecantrell: 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
OP is this girl beautiful with sex-appeal ? If yes, why worry about her ?

After various toasters, boyfriends and suitors drop their quota that 130k would soon be 450k/month.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by deb(m): 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
WinnieDPooh: What is it with all these first and second to comment peeps on NL Any award for you guys? tongue

I tire o. Its very annoying and childish

Anyway back to the topic... She can survive well and fine with that income if she has good money managment.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by AGgal(f): 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
See question!
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Godson201333(m): 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
Dr. Do Good:

Even Oga Seun was surviving with only 35k sometimes last year when nairaland was engulf with fire and burn down completely and he was left with nothing, thank God nairaland is back, I even donated some money when they were building nairaland back.
'=

Lol Omo na Oga seun don chop up ooo
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by henrimoto(m): 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
Akin-David:
What! You don't mean it..when a family man is maintaining his family with 40% of that. You need to set your priorities right and keep improving on yourself with your meagre resources, with God on one's side that #130k will soon be a tithe. Believe.
aunty! se, u said she is returning... nt dat she is a new comer in lagos... ehnn...she go re-adjust naa, when she land lagos.. couple with d fact say na lecturer she wan do, side attractions go dey naa! as in wey go dey bring in small change 4 her. na lecturer job she dey go do oo, no be teacher job! or dont u no there is a difference between a lecturer and a teacher? she go soon understand d system here
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Wsdm: 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
WinnieDPooh: What is it with all these first and second to comment peeps on NL Any award for you guys? tongue
Their award is your comment above. Leave them please. Every body can't be too serious all the time. We need them to make us laugh sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by olanyte: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
Does it mean pple who earn 50k are not residing in Lagos?what about priamary school teacher in Lagos are they collecting up to 130k.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by claremont(m): 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
I would strongly advice her to remain in the UK, Nigeria is a tough place to live for someone already used to a comfortable life.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by ogeelove(f): 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
Cuzz: remember that many live in slums in UK,so let her tell us wat she earns and her monthly savings after tax in UK. There are à lot of people who will take d nxt available flight to Lagos frm UK to grab the job,nt all that glitters are gold.

Can u pls tell me where the slums are in the UK?
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by amiskurie(m): 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
the award is wini d popoologist. grin
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
I know people that are dyin to get half of that salary. Even me
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by segzicres(m): 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
If the same standard as the UK? NO! If she adjust to the fact that naija aint UK? YES

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Psyrus(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
ummm ummm life go hard for am. Reasons
1. Lyt no stable so she go need generator and na fuel e dey use too.
2. Our traffic situation don reach level wey she must dey get dent every other day based on her jando driving. U knw what that means!
3. Being single means clothes and accesories, hand don reach her.
4. Working in a school environment means "competition" research is expensive u knw?
5. Na suv she dey drive, monkey don point am finger finisg.
Moral of lesson be happy with what u've got. #shikena
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by ChainBlinger: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
If she don't smoke.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by InvertedHammer: 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
/
You are talking about 4 weekends.

The money is too much

She should have at least N80k left at the end of each month especially after the first 3 months.

I said first 3 months b/c that's all it will take her to get used to the trials and errors that is Lagos.

After that, her way of life will be on auto-pilot

//

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by morewealth(m): 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
Considering her being not extravagant, no partying and no clubbing, 130k monthly should be very ok for her.
People live on just 40k a month with family. It just depends on your priority. And maybe she should learn to adjust to her environment.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
What kind of question is this? If u are anywhere near okay in UK why not remain there? Families of 6 survive on 75k per month and u are there faking what I dont understand. Am sure u are mad with happiness that u are returning ti Naija to live a better life.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Cwhyte(m): 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
Why won't 130k be enough for a single person for a month? Cashiers and tellers at the bank rarely collect such.
Tell her to save a compulsory 30k monthly.
Spend 15k on cards, electricity, fuel
Spend 15k on house rent.
Spend 20k on hair (my wife loves her hair gan, somethings she spends more on it monthly)
Spend 10k on creams and perfumes
Spend 30k on food
Keep 10k for unexpected expenses.

Please make adjustment to pay your tithe o.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Blissbrain(m): 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
awesome_t: Is this really an issue for debate People survive well on 50k per month. So what is all this noise? If she cannot survive on it let her remain in the UK.
u don tuk am finish........ Wat's d debate 4, ppl earn less dan 50k; pay rent, sundries n stil very galant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How Okada Man Saved Her From Embarrassment In Lagos / What Have You Heard Concerning Male Nurses / 7 Small Things You Should Do To Be Successful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.