Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? (27799 Views)

Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by evryday: 4:58am On Jul 14, 2013
Seriously it's a lot of money if your affairs are well managed.Again,the most important thing about this,you must not let LAGOS STATE GOVT see your pay slip my sister.The TAX regime here is very very unfriendly.From your post,you will be on minimum of 1.5m per anm.According to LAGOS STATE GOVT( payee) TAX RULES,on that annual figure,you wouldn't pay any thing less than 277k(two hundred and seventy seven thousand naira only).It's so insensitive,here taxation is not based on basic as obtainable in other states,they TAX the total income after granting what they refer to as TAX relief..

So ask your employers to help you work things out.Goodluck
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by anu4kwan: 6:37am On Jul 14, 2013
THIS IS A FUNNY QUESTION.
HOW MUCH IS MINIMUM WAGE IN NIGERIA.
PEOPLE SURVIVE ON 50K A MONTH.

MANY FAMILY SURVIVE ON LESS THAN 100K A MONTH.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by RedLight1: 9:29am On Jul 14, 2013
Erelu_Y: [size=14pt]Thanks for all your comments and reactions, etc. The baby of the family is returning to Nigeria from the UK because following the successful completion of her PhD, she has so far not been able to land a suitable job. Far too many PhDers chasing the same jobs in and out of the academia. Besides, she has no Indefinite or Permanent Leave to Remain visa stamp on her passport, which currently makes it difficult for non-EU citizens to secure jobs. More importantly, her visa is fast running out, and she's not going to break any immigration rules.[/size]
Now, that's the person i can truly call a Nigerian.

Not some douche that will do anything to stay in a country that is not favorable to him/her even to the extent of doing sham marriage and soil our name more.

We will welcome her back home.. and trust me, she wont miss a thing

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Ilasan: 9:42am On Jul 14, 2013
I am in Lagos, with a wife and 2kids, i also have a 4*4jeep. i survive on a 100k monthly. so, it is possible

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by catchcold1(m): 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2013
na wa for u oooooo
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by tyin: 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
1 think 130k is a good start especially if she does not not indulge in the love for gold, bags, shoes and clothes for now. Also watch the kind of friends you groove with, concentrate on your career for now and try to save as much as you can. Best wishes
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nero13: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
Best advise for her is to jejely pay the moni into my account I will feed and drop her to work and even take her to watch movie on wednesdayz@de palmz by so doing she won't have to bother her brain about survival...I'm just a frnd in deed as she is a frnd in need!!
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by seedord247(m): 2:40am On Jul 15, 2013
Red-Light:
Now, that's the person i can truly call a Nigerian.

Not some douche that will do anything to stay in a country that is not favorable to him/her even to the extent of doing sham marriage and soil our name more.

We will welcome her back home.. and trust me, she wont miss a thing

Awwwww... So sorry for your deportation. angry

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by RedLight1: 10:33am On Jul 15, 2013
seedord247:

Awwwww... So sorry for your deportation. angry
sorry, i dont give attention to ediots..

shuuu shuu move along
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by seedord247(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2013
Red-Light:
sorry, i dont give attention to ediots..

shuuu shuu move along

Stop streaming your pain online. We know how it feels. Peeleeeee tongue
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by RedLight1: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2013
seedord247:

Stop streaming your pain online. We know how it feels. Peeleeeee tongue
"We know how it feels"? wow! dunce, are u among the nigerians that were deported from kenya last week grin grin grin
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by manie(m): 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rocktation: It seems to be a common fallacy to conclude that Lagos is expensive, just because the life's fast or whatidon'tknow. Lagos isn't New york. Prices of foods, rent and a whole lot more, are nothing compared to what they go for in many eastern and south-western states. The only thing that might drain the cash in a way that a lot of other states woulnd't, is the t-fare.

Lagos is not the most expensive city in Nigeria, but it is the most expensive in the South West Region.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by manie(m): 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ilasan: I am in Lagos, with a wife and 2kids, i also have a 4*4jeep. i survive on a 100k monthly. so, it is possible

I am sure you have other sources of income, if not using a 4*4 jeep with that income is not a smart move. Hope you are savvy enough to save and invest a minimum of 20% of your income every month.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by RealJenny(f): 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
Dr. Do Good:

Please tell her to stay back in UK, she cant survive in Lagos with that amount, meanwhile let her or you connect me with the job, because one of my cousin is seriously looking for a job.
Thanks

.....when married men and families are surviving with just 50k and u are here talking about single person with 130k. [b][/b]
Lmkmd!! Pls connect me too o I have an uncle with two wives and many children who will bless me plentyfor connecting him with this job
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by seedord247(m): 12:05am On Jul 17, 2013
Red-Light:
"We know how it feels"? wow! dunce, are u among the nigerians that were deported from kenya last week grin grin grin

Damned oaf... grin

Anything outside nigeria is abroad. Its not too late for you to claim ghana or cameroon as abroad. If you need you need money for transport lemme know.

Btw kobe bryan is my neighbour. grin
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Rocktation(f): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
manie:

Lagos is not the most expensive city in Nigeria, but it is the most expensive in the South West Region.

Actually, that was a mistake on my part. I don't know how that came out. Was thinking South-South and East.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by butchery(m): 4:53am On Oct 05, 2013
New butchery,bakery fast food equipments for sale at cheap Price with guarantee ping 28297f11 lagos

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by rudian(f): 10:33am On Oct 22, 2013
tyin: 1 think 130k is a good start especially if she does not not indulge in the love for gold, bags, shoes and clothes for now. Also watch the kind of friends you groove with, concentrate on your career for now and try to save as much as you can. Best wishes
great advice there, but how much can she save from that Salary. I would really like to know cos I'm considering moving to lagos soon as well!
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by EmmyDe25(m): 10:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
I survive with 19,800 a month.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by airminem(f): 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
awesomet1:
Is this really an issue for debate People survive well on 50k per month. So what is all this noise? If she cannot survive on it let her remain in the UK.
Honestly. Some families are still surviving since that 2013 till this 2019 with 30k and still okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Small Things You Should Do To Be Successful / What Have You Heard Concerning Male Nurses / How Much Does A Veterinary Doctor Earns In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.