Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? (849 Views)

Rivers Election: Hold Buhari Accountable For Violence, Loss Of Lives - Fayose / Aviation Sector Is Collapsing —FG Cries Out / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by DaLover(m): 1:31am On Jul 13, 2013
Guess what! AD/AC/ACN has been in power in lagos for the past 14years, yet flooding in the state has continued unabated while buildings collapse every other month....
My question is the general populace of Lagos and Nigerian not holding the ACN responsible for the failure to effect positive change in these areas after 14years at the helm of power!

I won't be surprised if his doesn't make the front page because GEJ is not responsible for the flooding or maybe he is? One Nairalanders may be able to twist the logic enough to illustrate how GEJ is responsible for the collapse buildings and floods in lagos

1 Like

Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by CROWE: 1:45am On Jul 13, 2013
The federal government is responsible for everything in Nigeria, everything, and are to blame when anything goes wrong. I won't bother explaining since clearly anybody who doesn't agree with you you are likely to accuse of "twisting logic" so I will just leave it at that.
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by lakpalakpa: 1:48am On Jul 13, 2013
DaLover: Guess what! AD/AC/ACN has been in power in lagos for the past 14years, yet flooding in the state has continued unabated while buildings collapse every other month....
My question is the general populace of Lagos and Nigerian not holding the ACN responsible for the failure to effect positive change in these areas after 14years at the helm of power!

I won't be surprised if his doesn't make the front page because GEJ is not responsible for the flooding or maybe he is? One Nairalanders may be able to twist the logic enough to illustrate how GEJ is responsible for the collapse buildings and floods in lagos

OP you dull sha!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by spenca: 3:36am On Jul 13, 2013
DaLover: Guess what! AD/AC/ACN has been in power in lagos for the past 14years, yet flooding in the state has continued unabated while buildings collapse every other month....

Them start to pull down building una go se dem wicked , the few they did you call the govt heartless ,about flood till the roads n drainages are completely in good shapes you would not have a floodless lagos buh 1 question for you sire ,why is the FG still under pdp for over 14 yrs now without one single dividend? Why have we not killed them all ,atleast we still live in poverty ,bad roads ,no power ,no food even if we got its for the rice ,garri no de for nairalanders to soak, network is crappy, jamb don de scam , inec de partial , insecurity and all yet dey are still there ,and you have the gots to come here and talk about people that are really transforming even though its moving in a slow flux ?op i must say at this point , you need to go beyond partisanism and be object . May Allah bless you as you change . btw wait why should it make front page

1 Like

Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by musiwa31: 3:40am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by musiwa31: 3:50am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by musiwa31: 3:57am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by musiwa31: 4:06am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by spenca: 4:07am On Jul 13, 2013
musiwa31: the nigeria govt have no power to shut down any company in lagos.. only state have that power. So when you shut companies.. other companies will start paying you all revenue going to federal.. all the federal govt can do is go to court.

And if I know the nigeria court system , in the next 500 years.. they will never give judgement on that case.

If i was a governor of a state. I will never collect revenue from federal , i will shut down their revenue and collect it myself. And let them take me to court. And I know by the time, i finish 8 years.. they will never make a decision.
THIS NA SPAM
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by spenca: 4:08am On Jul 13, 2013
musiwa31: the ACN fail to understand that are not part of Jonathan territory.. And they should not be collecting monthly allocation from him...

If I was in their position. I will not collect monthly allocation from Jonathan anymore.. And all federal revenue in my state, I will keep all of them. any company which dear to pay into federal account. I will close them down.
What are you saying sire ?
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by musiwa31: 4:11am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by musiwa31: 4:15am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by musiwa31: 4:18am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by atlwireles: 4:53am On Jul 13, 2013
musiwa31: Take for example Oyo state.. Oyo state pays more than N30 billion into the federal account every month. If you put that law inplace.. All the companies in Oyo state will still be paying federal govt but because they have to follow state law. they are force to give N15billion to federal and N15 billion to oyo state

the law does not affect any companies.. it only affect federal revenue.

the law will also force all company in Oyo state or doing business in oyo state to disclose all revenue remitted to the federal govt.

Oyo pays N30b in what account?? angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by ba7man(m): 5:21am On Jul 13, 2013
With the monumental floods that ravaged Delta and other States in the East last year, they should be shut down?

With floodings in the UK, USA, China and other far developed countries, the affected states should be shut down?? At least, cars can still drive through most of Lagos floods but watch CNN yesterday and see real floods wash away 7 storey buildings in large numbers in China. Una neva see flood.

The LASG launched a campaign for over the past 5years to stop people throwing trash into drainages, building on flood plains and embarked on constructing larger covered drains along roads and you'll still go and shut them down??

As if it was Fashola that encouraged the construction of sub-standard builds around Lagos State in the 80's and 90's that are currently collapsing. If he carries out structural tests on these buildings and starts demolishing them, I'm sure its the same set of people that will come out and start screamin "He's anti-people".

Pls, the stooopidity of this topic is deep and I'll play no more part in this before i start appearing daft for argueing with dafts.

2 Likes

Re: After 14 Years Of Flooding And Collapsing Buildings, Why Is ACN Not Accountable? by lakpalakpa: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2013

Mumulicious

cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The Senate Did Not Vote For Girl Child Marriage. / FG May Dump Bayelsa, Kogi Greenfield Refinery Projects As Only Lagos Viable / The Biggest Bulldog In Nigeria- Whisky Fani Femi Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.