Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? (23400 Views)

A Good JAVA Programmer Can Earn As Much As #200,000 In Salary. Learn JAVA Today / The Difference Between A Programmer, A Hacker, And A Developer / How Much Do You Earn As A Programmer/developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Skmoda360(m): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2013
winexviv: My intention for this is not to show off but rather encourage new comers. I'm still a full time freelancer but currently I earn an average of 300k per month as a developer. sometimes it will be more but at worst this is what I earn shaa.
So feel free to share your monthly income and let the tread continue. Goodluck
I need more about this stuff...
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by 2cute(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2013
winexviv:
Thanks for your question. This is how i make my cash.

Firstly i build different websites for different clients and satisfied clients keep referring new people to me for new jobs. The minimum i charge for a web job and that is a static website is 50k and that one might be many (can't be specific) per month. Most big jobs i get which are above 500k come but not too often shaa but my agents take their cut too.

Secondly, i develop payment extensions(GTPay, Interswitch, Cashenvoy and Eyowo) for opensources like Opencart and Woocommerce and different clients especially from Nairaland keep buying them. I sell my payment extension for 15k but for custom jobs i might charge 50k and above depending on the task involved. Many clients keep purchasing them.

Finally, i do web programming consulting of upcoming developers and they pay for that. Most of the developers that consult me are my friends shaa, so i charge them small but most times free.

The last but not the least, everything i do is by the special Grace of God, and not by my might, experience or wisdom. This is how i make my money as a freelancer. Goodluck with your career.

Okay now this got me so angry at myself for abandoning my software development dreams since 2009! I am actually close to tears right now. I got started with VB.net and could not find my way round some things so I just dumped the books. Please can you just show me the pathway to this success story you painted above? I am doing well for myself even as head admin for the company I work with but I have never stopped dreaming about becoming a software engineer. Your little help will help am sure. Thanks.
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2013
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by abujalapdog(m): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2013
i make 30million monthly frm designing pdp website an all the minsitries in nija and all the politicians in naija petronise me for thier official site..can u imagine if to say na just me for 2face voice lol.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by thisisjonny(m): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2013
winexviv:
Thanks for your question. This is how i make my cash.

Firstly i build different websites for different clients and satisfied clients keep referring new people to me for new jobs. The minimum i charge for a web job and that is a static website is 50k and that one might be many (can't be specific) per month. Most big jobs i get which are above 500k come but not too often shaa but my agents take their cut too.

Secondly, i develop payment extensions(GTPay, Interswitch, Cashenvoy and Eyowo) for opensources like Opencart and Woocommerce and different clients especially from Nairaland keep buying them. I sell my payment extension for 15k but for custom jobs i might charge 50k and above depending on the task involved. Many clients keep purchasing them.

Finally, i do web programming consulting of upcoming developers and they pay for that. Most of the developers that consult me are my friends shaa, so i charge them small but most times free.

The last but not the least, everything i do is by the special Grace of God, and not by my might, experience or wisdom. This is how i make my money as a freelancer. Goodluck with your career.
Please I am interested in being a Wed Designer. Can you be my Coach or instructor? My number is 08065716979
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by PeterKbaba: 10:06am On Jul 17, 2013
winexviv: My intention for this is not to show off but rather encourage new comers. I'm still a full time freelancer but currently I earn an average of 300k per month as a developer. sometimes it will be more but at worst this is what I earn shaa.

Would you like to be in partnership of a long term big project
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 17, 2013
800 k... Java, c#, php (freelancer too)

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by esmeralda1(f): 10:18am On Jul 17, 2013
@winexviv when u say u make money thru nairaland what do u mean pls i dont understand, do u advertise?

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 17, 2013
Pray tell, what is the difference between a webmaster and a software developer undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by buchito1(m): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2013
Pls how do i learn all dis I am so intrested ooo! Pls kindly reply back bro....
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by winexviv: 10:30am On Jul 17, 2013
esmeralda1: @winexviv when u say u make money thru nairaland what do u mean pls i dont understand, do u advertise?

This is how I get jobs through Nairaland. As you make constructive posts and give intelligent answers to different questions, prospective clients reads all your post and if they find you worthy of their project they will contact you and possibly give you the job.
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by PStacks(m): 10:40am On Jul 17, 2013
Well seriously, since this is an honest thread..

I don't really know how much I make per say.. I just know plenty money keep pouring in..

Av been working real hard on programming this Robot.. I'm not particularly a soft ware developer cos the robot I'm programming is just to suite my taste and not for commercial.

I seriously don't yet know its rate of return, but I'm working on calibrating it to get what amount I make per second..

Like I'm wanting to calibrate it in $/Sec..
Like you have Km/Hour

So the first thing I'm working on, is to be sure the robot works under all market conditions and then I'm sure the calibration is proper, then booooom! I'm good.

I worked on this robot from 1st march to 6th June and the robot crashed.. I had to start again.. But you know the beauty of starting again? When u start again, u start again, this time smarter and wiser.. Experience is truly the best teacher.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Jetland(m): 10:41am On Jul 17, 2013
@mj. Pls can u give me ur email address so that we can have a deal 2geda, @pl. Here is mine: always4krist@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Stanvick1(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2013
All this sound strange to me. How do i learn them, and how will they profit me?
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by rash47(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2013
mj: Time to explain, although I do get little jobs through nairaland but most of my jobs come from Web companies here in Nigeria, i have two I work with in Lagos, one in Abuja and one in Ilorin. When the get the jobs, they outsource it to me, which has helped me gained lots of experience. Since some webmaster take 10k for jobs, I stop Web designing greatly, i focus more on custom solutions, building ecommerce, cms,scrips, portal, seo, link building campaigns, etc.
I totally agree with Dual_core, myogaatthetop.

Great man,nice venture u are into. I stay in ilorin, pls I will like to meet u...u can kindly drop ur mail. Thanks
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by PStacks(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2013
Pls I need a soft ware developer to tell me..

When you have a randomly and chaotic operating System.. A very irregular system.. A system you can't predict.. A totally chaotic and random system..

Is it possible to install a regularly operating system on an irregularly operating system?

Pls I need a good programmer to ponder on it and help me out.
That's like my life's project. You could be saving a brother.

Same way Amechi helped OJB.
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Delivar(m): 11:03am On Jul 17, 2013
Reading this thread I can see there is no money in software programming in Nigeria. Only the first poster posted a good explanation of his success which no one can verfy. grin
WARNING: DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THIS THREAD grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by PStacks(m): 11:09am On Jul 17, 2013
abujalapdog: i make 30million monthly frm designing pdp website an all the minsitries in nija and all the politicians in naija petronise me for thier official site..can u imagine if to say na just me for 2face voice lol.
. grin

So u sef dey chop our Subsidy money abi..
Any body wey chop money fro pdp na Haram..

Forget boko haram ooo. Na the true haram b that.. Anybody wey dey chop stolen money with pdp, na haram.. grin
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 17, 2013
emmanuel4758: na so craze dey start frm laughin to undressin b4 u know it kolomental go start

can you verify all the claims here?
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by ypeace: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2013
Its a good thing to learn buh i tink it should not be because of the money. Lik the op said, the trend is to ginger the swagger of the new biee in programming. My advice to those askin the op to teach dem;; dont giv up on ya present goal, dont start programmin because of the big big moni pple are mentionin here.......
Best regard

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by sylve11: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2013
Good thread.cool
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by pimplucious: 11:20am On Jul 17, 2013
Ok, I worked as a Quality Assurance while in the UK, which is mainly sofware testing, an integral part of software development. On average I earned £2800/month. Got to find out software development job isn't as lucrative in Nigeria as I thought.
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by 2cute(m): 11:30am On Jul 17, 2013
ypeace: Its a good thing to learn buh i tink it should not be because of the money. Lik the op said, the trend is to ginger the swagger of the new biee in programming. My advice to those askin the op to teach dem;; dont giv up on ya present goal, dont start programmin because of the big big moni pple are mentionin here.......
Best regard
I agree with you totally ypeace. For someone like me, it's more of wanting to get to know how to program really good and not because of the money. I sing -infact working on my 2nd album-, am a preacher and I even got a regular job as well but whenever I see or learn of guys doing good at programming, I get so dissatisfied with myself. I just want to know how to develop sw. I'll begin again today! I certainly will.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by PeeDaVinci: 11:36am On Jul 17, 2013
for this thread to be really credible, pple should not just state how much they are making, they need to give a brief description of what they do (and not just the job title), their skillset, and training/education/certification/experience, and maybe the description of clientele/employers' businesses

for example, one can say, i am a security engineer, and i specialize in network security, data security, and IT security and testing. i have experience in working with firewalls, encryption, databases, NIST SP 800-53 Security Controls, Security Test and Engineering (ST&E), Technical Assessments (Vulnerability analysis), Risk Assessments etc. i hold msc in information management, and hold CCNA, CISM certifications. i free lance, and my clients are typically financial institutions in nigeria. i make 500,000naira per month

NB: this is not me, it is just a description of how to write

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by badassnigga(m): 11:39am On Jul 17, 2013
as for me I made 250k annually. I make this by helping final year students computer science write their codes, be it PHP, c++ or vb.net.
I av developed a couples of websites for small companies but I must confess d pay is not gud because I lack marketing know - how couple with d fact that they r not ready to pay big money. as for big company, no way.

finally, what I observed is that d future for software developer in Nigeria isn't Bright as far as am concerning frm ma experience because most clients don't even believe in locally made software.

d bulk of my money come frm writing codes for final year student.

seriously am preparing for comptia network + and security+ . I gathered those network engineer r doing well in terms of financial gain than software developer cry
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by PStacks(m): 11:40am On Jul 17, 2013
PStylish: Nice to know you guys are not riff raffs afterall.

But I feel nothing can be as rewarding as owning a successful Nairaland, Facebook, Twitter, Google etc
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Elxandre(m): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2013
nice thread...Is anyone here making money through development of mobile apps?..
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Adex097: 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
Lilimax:
Cool! grin grin.
*smh*
See the first and only comment by a lady for this thread.
Una too like money.
U better go learn how to design web and start making your cool cash instead turning yourself to parasite.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by smile4kenn(m): 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
I am fulltime employee and I make $5200 monthly.
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by benom(m): 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
I make 780000 a month for now. Hope to push higher soon.
I do systems analysis and design with just about 2 yrs of experience.
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by chi4ik(m): 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
I'm a CISCO student, CCNA4 presently but A̶̲̥̅♏ beginning to admire this web developing/software. I also combine it wit my 1st dregree program in unijos. pls advice me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? / [Project] 2012 Summer Of Code - WORK HAS COMMENCED / Which Programming Language Should He Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.