Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Nigeria Acquires Drones? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Acquires Drones? (30536 Views)

RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Airforce Acquires Sophisticated Aircraft To Protect Nigeria / Jimi Agbaje Drones Monitor Lagos Elections – Rare Footage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by hunter21(m): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:
^^^^That crap looks like scrap metal.

I'll shoot that crap down with an AK in 10 secs. grin grin
Goodluck shooting a drone flying at 3000feets altitude with an assault riffle whose range is 1300feets.
Ignoramus.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Decryptor(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
The only drones i know we have are the human-drones hovering around NL. They know themselves
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Artlove(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
may una carry ur books and sleep.

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

If you want to be a big time player, then you need a strong military. If you think you don't have any substantial threat then stop claiming to be the giant of Africa when more than five African countries have military hardware you can only dream about. Why wait for 10 years to acquire submarines when Algeria, Egypt and South Africa have submarines? I know Ethiopia would have acquired one time ago if it were no landlocked.

Anyway, when the list of countries in Africa who were in the market for SU-27/30 came out last year on RT; I only saw Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda on the list. When did Nigeria get in the mix? Why do we need Chinese fighter jets when the nature of China's military is mass production of cheaper and inferior military hardware to protect homeland? That's the Chinese military doctrine. Yet you wonder why the J-7s you bought from them stay falling off the sky.

Again, threats can come from any country. So you need to be on your toes to protect your airspace at all times. You saw what happened to Gaddafi, didn't you? He thought there were no threats till they came bombing his country to bits. Algeria knows what time it is.

Anyway, what air defense system do you have? Don't let me post what I think and know it's.
The only areas which Nigeria is lacking in relation to SA,Egypt and algeria are
1)submarine
2)air-superiority fighter
3)Surface to air Missile defence system.
Air-superiority fighter deficiency will soon be resolved with hopefully SU-30s.
Sumarines are very expensive and you don't just dabble into purchase.
You plan for it,and Nigeria has already planned for it.
Anyway,we have anti-subs.
As for (3) the Roland system is sufficient for now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

If you want to be a big time player, then you need a strong military. If you think you don't have any substantial threat then stop claiming to be the giant of Africa when more than five African countries have military hardware you can only dream about. Why wait for 10 years to acquire submarines when Algeria, Egypt and South Africa have submarines? I know Ethiopia would have acquired one time ago if it were no landlocked.

Anyway, when the list of countries in Africa who were in the market for SU-27/30 came out last year on RT; I only saw Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda on the list. When did Nigeria get in the mix? Why do we need Chinese fighter jets when the nature of China's military is mass production of cheaper and inferior military hardware to protect homeland? That's the Chinese military doctrine. Yet you wonder why the J-7s you bought from them stay falling off the sky.

Again, threats can come from any country. So you need to be on your toes to protect your airspace at all times. You saw what happened to Gaddafi, didn't you? He thought there were no threats till they came bombing his country to bits. Algeria knows what time it is.

Anyway, what air defense system do you have? Don't let me post what I think and know it's.
The only areas which Nigeria is lacking in relation to SA,Egypt and algeria are
1)submarine
Air-superiority fighter deficiency will soon be resolved with hopefully SU-30s,but it's looking more likely to be JF-17 which's not bad.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Wahala90: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yes, 9ja got drones too: not second hand drones.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
I wonder why military knowledgeable peeps like @chris356 and solomon111 keep replying this ignorant studs here on nairaland?

They would never learn. I mean, you can't fix "st*upid".

Goodluck solomon111. Your cross.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
solomon111: 40% of the chinese airforce are F-7 fighters,so it's still relevant.
Nigeria has MI-35P(which is the best in the world), MI-24 attack helicopters,infact in more quantities than SA.
The ships you called "obsolete" have been upgraded with some of the best missiles and electronic upgrades in the world.
And in case you don't know, Nigeria has anti-submarine capabilities to counter any submarine threat in Africa.

The variation of the F-7 that China has is different from the ones they sold to Nigeria. And China probably has more than 500 of those jets. That's the chinese military doctrine - mass production at a cheaper cost to protect homeland. The Chinese F-7s are for defense - just something to scramble if there's any threat. And they're integrated with the air defense units.

MI-35P is on the same level as Apache and a lot of countries have them in their inventory - nothing special. Suuth Africa produces its own attack helicopters and they're one of the best in the world. So why would they need mi24s? Shyte, Algeria and Egypt have Chinook. tongue

What anti-submarine capabilities? You mean the French exocet rockets that everyone can now figure out? Well, all the francophone countries Africa also have those rockets - nothing special.

Those ships are just there to gulp your money. And there are rules attached to how you can use them. They're basically a waste of time, to be honest. Just good for patrol. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
hunter2,1:

Goodluck shooting a drone flying at 3000feets altitude with an assault riffle whose range is 1300feets.
Ignoramus.

So that scrap metal can go 3000feets? - bwahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
solomon111: The only areas which Nigeria is lacking in relation to SA,Egypt and algeria are
1)submarine
Air-superiority fighter deficiency will soon be resolved with hopefully SU-30s,but it's looking more likely to be JF-17 which's not bad.

Add tanks, professionalism, training, doctrine, and missiles system to the list. I think Ethiopia, Morocco, and maybe Tunisia are also ahead of Nigeria. I'm inclined to add Rwanda and Kenya to the list, to be honest. Rwanda has an alright military and they're trained by the US special forces.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

The variation of the F-7 that China has is different from the ones they sold to Nigeria. And China probably has more than 500 of those jets. That's the chinese military doctrine - mass production at a cheaper cost to protect homeland. The Chinese F-7s are for defense - just something to scramble if there's any threat. And they're integrated with the air defense units.

MI-35P is on the same level as Apache and a lot of countries have them in their inventory - nothing special. Suuth Africa produces its own attack helicopters and they're one of the best in the world. So why would they need mi24s? Shyte, Algeria and Egypt have Chinook. tongue

What anti-submarine capabilities? You mean the French exocet rockets that everyone can now figure out? Well, all the francophone countries Africa also have those rockets - nothing special.

Those ships are just there to gulp your money. And there are rules attached to how you can use them. They're basically a waste of time, to be honest. Just good for patrol. undecided
It still dosen't matter if the chinese have 500 of them,what matters is that they have them in their inventory as a fighter aircraft.
The Nigerian version Of the F-7 called F-7Ni is fitted with some of the best electronic and missiles in the world(both western and oriental upgrade),so it's no walk-over.
The southafrican attack helicopter called the rooivak is rubbish.
It can't stand an MI-35P and Nigeria has more.
And lastly,the russian MI-35 is better than the american apache.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 9:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

Add tanks, professionalism, training, doctrine, and missiles system to the list. I think Ethiopia, Morocco, and maybe Tunisia are also ahead of Nigeria. I'm inclined to add Rwanda and Kenya to the list, to be honest. Rwanda has an alright military and they're trained by the US special forces.
Sorry,the only military in Africa that can boast of a superiority over Nigeria is Egypt,thanks to US military aid of $2 billion annually.
Ethiopia,algeria and SA are definitely not better.
Mend alone will wreck devastating havoc on the defence capabilities of kenya and tanzania,it's an insult to compare them to Nigeria.
And lastly,Nigerian military is a very professional fighting force thanks to OBJ.
Which is why we usually head UN/AU peace-enforcing/peace-keeping missions in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

dummy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by daffur: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigeria is not a threat to any country and not ezpecting same from any AU partner country. But if any country like they can flex muscle with us. Nigerian military is not the walk over type.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
solomon111: It still dosen't matter if the chinese have 500 of them,what matters is that they have them in their inventory as a fighter aircraft.
The Nigerian version Of the F-7 called F-7Ni is fitted with some of the best electronic and missiles in the world(both western and oriental upgrade),so it's no walk-over.

How can you say it's no walk-over when it stays falling from sky? It seems you don't understand military doctrine.

Oh, you mean the same rooivalk that Israel and Turkey showed interests in buying? SA don't need Mi-35p, they have got their nice attack helicopter, made in SA.

Better in what aspect? Do you know what Apache did during the gulf war and the number of tanks it destroyed? undecided Perhaps, in avionics and that's about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Psyrus(m): 9:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
Can it capture BH $trong man $hekau? Hehehehehe
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
scipher: dummy
I tire for the guy o.
Nigeria wey don dey test-fire locally manufactured rockets na im the guy wan downgrade.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
solomon111: Sorry,the only military in Africa that can boast of a superiority over Nigeria is Egypt,thanks to US military aid of $2 billion annually.
Ethiopia,algeria and SA are definitely not better.
Mend alone will wreck devastating havoc on the defence capabilities of kenya and tanzania,it's an insult to compare them to Nigeria.
And lastly,Nigerian military is a very professional fighting force thanks to OBJ.
Which is why we usually head UN/AU peace-enforcing/peace-keeping missions in Africa.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't want Algeria turning your capital city to rubbles with s300s, do you? You know s300s can be used for offense as well, don't you? Also, you don't want me posting everything in the Algerian military inventory, do you? Nigeria has no missile capabilities.

The Ethiopians are well tested and they've got a fine military. The peacekeeping thing is overrated. Nigerian soldiers just go to those countries to make babies. They made more than 500,000(or is it 50,000) kids in Sierra Leone alone. undecided
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by naptu2: 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
Aerostar.

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

How can you say it's no walk-over when it stays falling from sky? It seems you don't understand military doctrine.

Oh, you mean the same rooivalk that Israel and Turkey showed interests in buying? SA don't need Mi-35p, they have got their nice attack helicopter, made in SA.

Better in what aspect? Do you know what Apache did during the gulf war and the number of tanks it destroyed? undecided Perhaps, in avionics and that's about.
Smh.
The F-7 was not shot down from the sky,it probably an engine failure or something which happens to even US fighters.
As at today SA has not sold any rooivak,as nobody wants to buy.
It lacks battle experience and many capabilities which are found in MI-35 and even the apache.
The MI-35P(The flying tank) has more battle record than the apache,and it's also more durable.
It's preferred by many countries.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by HolyHolla(m): 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
homesteady:

LOOOL!! Amebor 1,2 and 3!! LOOOL
Nigeria and their names sef!

I can't think of a better Wazobia name. We all know 'Amebor' to be eavesdropper and information monger and that's what drones do.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 10:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't want Algeria turning your capital city to rubbles with s300s, do you? You know s300s can be used for offense as well, don't you? Also, you don't want me posting everything in the Algerian military inventory, do you? Nigeria has no missile capabilities.

The Ethiopians are well tested and they've got a fine military. The peacekeeping thing is overrated. Nigerian soldiers just go to those countries to make babies. They made more than 500,000(or is it 50,000) kids in Sierra Leone alone. undecided
The algerians does not have enough s-600s neither do they have the capabilities or even the funds to successfully carry out and sustain offensives against Nigeria.
It would be a suicide mission,with a devastating counter-attack from Nigeria.
Ethiopians have a good war history,but that's all there's to it.
They also don't have enough SU-27,which is their only advantage, to carry out an offensive against Nigeria.
Any attempt on their path will lead to them be shot out of the sky by the indian Akash missile defence system or even the Roland.
Btw, Nigeria has the newly acquired indian akash missile defence system.
Peace-keeping is war!
Very few militaries can successfully carryout peace-keeping missions.
And lastly,the US military are renowned for their brutality and rape of many arab women.
That dosen't make them unproffessional.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by gidiMonsta(m): 10:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
@Shymmex You sir are a disgrace! What the hell are you talking about?
Is it the South Africa whose special forces were routed by rag tag rebels in CAR? The same SA who was thoroughly embarrased in DRC and so have decided to watch with its tail between his legs while a country in its SADC burns? The same Ethiopia that nearly lost an entire region of its country to El-shabab? The same Algeria where Belmoktar and other AQIM members have reigned supreme?

Nigerian military hardware may not be all that, but we remain the ONLY African nation to have successfully ended wars in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast et al. Ever wondered why the only places in Africa where there are still flashpoints are places that have not tasted the military might of our Khaki boiz.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by HolyHolla(m): 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
solomon111: It still dosen't matter if the chinese have 500 of them,what matters is that they have them in their inventory as a fighter aircraft.

I won't compare any attack chopper to the Apache. It retains the title of the best tested in wars so far!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 10:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
HolyHolla:

I can't think of a better Wazobia name. We all know 'Amebor' to be eavesdropper and information monger and that's what drones do.
True.
That's a befitting name.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by HolyHolla(m): 10:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
abohrandy: dafuq is that? thought drones were alot smaller!!

The Americans are now making drones to be smaller, but it's not yet common all over the world. Now, they have drones of the size and shape of a mosquito or dragon fly, equipped with surveillance cameras, microphones, loud speakers and even deadly stings which could be laced with poisonous substances. They are also making other types like small bugs, ladybirds, etc.

Some of the drones have ability to manuever in small rooms by smart tech without crashing. Some, on their own, can identify and assess their victims without direction from base.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
solomon111: Smh.
The F-7 was not shot down from the sky,it probably an engine failure or something which happens to even US fighters.
As at today SA has not sold any rooivak,as nobody wants to buy.
It lacks battle experience and many capabilities which are found in MI-35 and even the apache.
The MI-35P(The flying tank) has more battle record than the apache,and it's also more durable.
It's preferred by many countries.

How many did you buy and how many has had engine problems? Do the ratio to get what you need to know about its reliability problems.

I don't care if they have sold or not, but can Nigeria build an attack helicopter of that quality? Heck, it's almost on the same level as both Mi-35 and Apache. They don't even need mi-35s, they just need to mass produce their rooivalk and they're good.

Nah, flying tank is cheaper and readily available, hence why more people go for it. India ordered the new improved apache not to long ago to replace mi-35 - that tells you all you need to know. The Russians also have an upgrade in their inventory.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
gidiMonsta: @Shymmex You sir are a disgrace! What the hell are you talking about?
Is it the South Africa whose special forces were routed by rag tag rebels in CAR? The same SA who was thoroughly embarrased in DRC and so have decided to watch with its tail between his legs while a country in its SADC burns? The same Ethiopia that nearly lost an entire region of its country to El-shabab? The same Algeria where Belmoktar and other AQIM members have reigned supreme?

Nigerian military hardware may not be all that, but we remain the ONLY African nation to have successfully ended wars in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast et al. Ever wondered why the only places in Africa where there are still flashpoints are places that have not tasted the military might of our Khaki boiz.

Yeah, the same Nigerian army that were disgraced by camel riding supporter of APC militias in Sudan. The same Nigerian army that needed the help of both the UK and Indian special forces in Sierra Leone against a rag tag rebel after taking massive loses. The same Nigerian army that couldn't defeat MEND and can't defeat Boko Haram.

I guess Nigerian army is also the French army that ousted Gbagbo in Ivory Coast, no? You need to stop telling porkies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by armyofone(m): 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
cough, cough

not any bird flying in the sky is a drone. hopefully it doesn't fall on bar beetch.

God bless America.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by Onlytruth(m): 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Wahala90: Yes, 9ja got drones too: not second hand drones.

Una go wound pesin for nairaland one day. lol
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 10:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

How many did you buy and how many has had engine problems? Do the ratio to get what you need to know about its reliability problems.

I don't care if they have sold or not, but can Nigeria build an attack helicopter of that quality? Heck, it's almost on the same level as both Mi-35 and Apache. They don't even need mi-35s, they just need to mass produce their rooivalk and they're good.

Nah, flying tank is cheaper and readily available, hence why more people go for it. India ordered the new improved apache not to long ago to replace mi-35 - that tells you all you need to know. The Russians also have an upgrade in their inventory.
Sorry,i can't answer your first question.
As for southafrican rooivak,it's nowhere near MI-35 and apache.
Btw,Nigeria has already started local manufacture of F-7 and MI-35 upgraded component parts.
The SA defence industry is obviously better though Nigeria's DICON is fast catching up.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Drones? by solomon111(m): 10:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
armyofone: cough, cough

not any bird flying in the sky is a drone. hopefully it doesn't fall on bar beetch.

God bless America.
Take this "God bless america" nonsense out of here.
And would you mind telling us which of those pictures above is not a drone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Okowa Congratulates Alibaba On His Presidential Honour (PHOTOS) / Tinubu's Messrs Hitech Stops Work On Lagos Roads Over Rift With Ambode / Bomb Planted By Army Explodes In Yobe, Kills Three Soldiers, Wounds Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.