Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? (3861 Views)

New Date For End Of The World: January 1 2017 - Sword Of God Cult / Nuclearboy Puts Deep Sights's Concerns On Xtianity To The Sword / An Excerpt: The Sword Of Solomon By F.w. Boreham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
The bible is very clear about what should be done to false prophets. Majority of christians here accept that:
1 - Obadiah777 is a false prophet.
2 - Biblical commands must be obeyed.

Here is what the bible said about false prophets.

Deuteronomy 18:20

20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

Jeremiah 14:15

15 Therefore this is what the Lord says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, ‘No sword or famine will touch this land.’ Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine.

Zechariah 13:3

3 And if anyone still prophesies, their father and mother, to whom they were born, will say to them, ‘You must die, because you have told lies in the Lord’s name.’ Then their own parents will stab the one who prophesies.

In the light of these injunctions by God Almighty, what is Obadiah777 still doing alive?

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by deebrain(m): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: The bible is very clear about what should be done to false prophets. Majority of christians here accept that:

20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

15 Therefore this is what the Lord says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, ‘No sword or famine will touch this land.’ Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine.

3 And if anyone still prophesies, their father and mother, to whom they were born, will say to them, ‘You must die, because you have told lies in the Lord’s name.’ Then their own parents will stab the one who prophesies.

In the light of these injunctions by God Almighty, what is Obadiah777 still doing alive?

As great as yr bible gives judgement, it told u that the greatest law is the law of love. As bad as the person u painted is, it told u to love him as u love yrself. If the love yr bible talks about involves killing, then please dont tell us to help u-kill him yrself!
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: The bible is very clear about what should be done to false prophets. Majority of christians here accept that:

shocked cheesy grin grin grin YES I SHOULD BE PUT TO THE SWORD. THE TWO EDGED SWORD THAT IS. THE DISCERN-ER OF THOUGHTS AND DEEDS. AND I WILL COME OUT VICTORIOUS grin grin grin >>>> HEBREWS 4 VS 12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
deebrain:

As great as yr bible gives judgement, it told u that the greatest law is the law of love. As bad as the person u painted is, it told u to love him as u love yrself. If the love yr bible talks about involves killing, then please dont tell us to help u-kill him yrself!
shocked AM I MY BROTHERS KEEPER cry
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
deebrain:

Nahum 1:2-6

2 The Lord is a jealous and avenging God;
the Lord takes vengeance and is filled with wrath.
The Lord takes vengeance on his foes
and vents his wrath against his enemies.
3 The Lord is slow to anger but great in power;
the Lord will not leave the guilty unpunished.
His way is in the whirlwind and the storm,
and clouds are the dust of his feet.
4 He rebukes the sea and dries it up;
he makes all the rivers run dry.
Bashan and Carmel wither
and the blossoms of Lebanon fade.
5 The mountains quake before him
and the hills melt away.
The earth trembles at his presence,
the world and all who live in it.
6 Who can withstand his indignation?
Who can endure his fierce anger?
His wrath is poured out like fire;
the rocks are shattered before him.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 2:32am On Jul 14, 2013

The above ^ was written to the national Israel and not to the church. Hence it is of the OLD COVENANT.

Alfa Seltzer:

Again, this is the OLD COVENANT, OLD AGREEMENT and not written to the Church to follow.

Alfa Seltzer:

Another OLD AGREEMENT scriptures. The Church of Jesus doesn't follow the Old Covenant but the NEW!

Alfa Seltzer:

The same God Almighty that gave those words to Israel also said the below to the new covenant believers:

New Living Translation (©2007)
When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.
Hebrews 8:13

Also, find your way here:

That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth. Hebrews 9:1

Now, this is where we are:

He has enabled (MADE US ALIVE) us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.
2 Corinthians 3:6
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by GooseBaba: 3:53am On Jul 14, 2013
Sword ke...!?? No ohhh.. The guy just need serious brushing from area boys of Christ...two serious punches to his liver. They guy go re-program sharp sharp.. grin

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 14, 2013
Omo the gy needs skinning grin

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by deebrain(m): 8:40am On Jul 14, 2013
obadiah777: shocked AM I MY BROTHERS KEEPER cry

grin no be u dem wan kill? No be u suppose to dey ask dat kin thing.

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360:

The above ^ was written to the national Israel and not to the church. Hence it is of the OLD COVENANT.

Again, this is the OLD COVENANT, OLD AGREEMENT and not written to the Church to follow.

Another OLD AGREEMENT scriptures. The Church of Jesus doesn't follow the Old Covenant but the NEW!

The same God Almighty that gave those words to Israel also said the below to the new covenant believers:

When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.

That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth. Hebrews 9:1

He has enabled (MADE US ALIVE) us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.

Nice try but your new testament quotes didn't address the topic of false prophesy.
Concerning false prophets, the new testament is in total agreement with the old testament about what fate should befall them.

Peter dedicated a whole chapter to preaching their destruction and affirming that God will have no mercy on them. Just read this:

2 Peter 2

False Prophets and Their Destruction

2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them in chains of darkness[b] to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh[c] and despise authority.

Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings; 11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not heap abuse on such beings when bringing judgment on them from[d] the Lord. 12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.

13 They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.[e] 14 With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood! 15 They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer,[f] who loved the wages of wickedness. 16 But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—an animal without speech—who spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.

17 These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18 For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of the flesh, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.” 20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,”[g] and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”

So I really don't see where the obsolescence of the injuction to destroy false prophets is in the new testament. Read it better.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
^ All I read in the above highlights is, judgment that await false prophets on the judgment day and them destroying themselves in their own ignorance. Can you highlight where they are stoned to death from Peter's epistle or where he says we should kill them by the sword? Thank you
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360: ^ All I read in the above highlights is, judgment that await false prophets on the judgment day and them destroying themselves in their own ignorance. Can you highlight where they are stoned to death from Peter's epistle or where he says we should kill them by the sword? Thank you

I'm saying that Peter agrees with Jesus who said that the old testament laws are still valid. I'm saying that nowhere in the new testament were the old testament injuctions to kill false prophets invalidated. So they don't need to repeat it. They just reaffirmed in even harsher words the iniquities that would befall men like Obadiah777. There is no forgiveness for false prophesy.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 1:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
The old testament written to national Israel EXPLICITLY says stone to death, kill by the sword etc. The new testament NEVER explicitly say such things even it says the judgment of false prophets await them. Do not go beyond what is written! Under our new covenant, we don't stone people, including false brethren to death neither do we kill by the sword. Our new and better covenant allows for repentance and if such people don't repent, it is heaping judgment for themselves NOT INSTANT judgment like the old covenant.

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by plaetton: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Pure baloney!
When cornered with the absurdity of Yahweh's conduct and the clear dichotomy between the old testament Yahweh and the nameless invisible skydaddy of the new testament, you easily jettison the old testament.
And when it serves your purpose, you quote the same old testament.

Your statement that god threatened and showed anger towards the nation of Israel and not to the church is one of most ridiculous and infantile statements a person can make.
In other words, yahweh, aka, god, can show anger at the Israelites, but not at the church?.

Show us exactly, in both scripture and Israelite history, when Yahweh transformed from the vengeful and wrathful god of Israel, to the loving and merciful god of the man-made church.

And if indeed such a transformation did take place, does that not diminish Yahweh's omni omniness, for a god who is said to be the same yesterday, today and forever?

Is the church not a man-made structure?
Where, in the bible, does Yahweh mention his love and preference for church, over his inherited nation of Israel?
Where did Jesus tell you that Church is to be the new Israel?

Before and during the life of Jesus, there was no such thing as the church, so how could Jesus have encouraged the building of something that had no prior existence?

The church is something that came into existence very long after the life of Jesus by those who sought to build a religion on is name.

2 Likes

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2013

JUST AS YOUR FATHER KILLED THE PROPHETS BEFORE YOU ALSO.

Children of Lawlessness

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2013

Children of Lawlessness

Children of Lawlessness
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Nahum 1:2-6

2 The Lord is a jealous and avenging God;
the Lord takes vengeance and is filled with wrath.
The Lord takes vengeance on his foes
and vents his wrath against his enemies.
3 The Lord is slow to anger but great in power;
the Lord will not leave the guilty unpunished.
His way is in the whirlwind and the storm,
and clouds are the dust of his feet.
4 He rebukes the sea and dries it up;
he makes all the rivers run dry.
Bashan and Carmel wither
and the blossoms of Lebanon fade.
5 The mountains quake before him
and the hills melt away.
The earth trembles at his presence,
the world and all who live in it.
6 Who can withstand his indignation?
Who can endure his fierce anger?
His wrath is poured out like fire;
the rocks are shattered before him.

Strange quote coming from a sun god worshiper AKA LUCIFERIAN.

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
I don't ever quote the old testament when it suits me. NEVER! I am under a new and better covenant. We don't stone people to death under our new covenant neither do we kill by the sword. Let's talk the new testament if you care @ plaetton.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by plaetton: 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360: I don't ever quote the old testament when it suits me. NEVER! I am under a new and better covenant. We don't stone people to death under our new covenant neither do we kill by the sword. Let's talk the new testament if you care @ [b]plaetton.
[/b]

Only if you agree that old and new testaments are concerned with two distinct religions.
Do you agree?
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
plaetton: [/b]

Only if you agree that old and new testaments are concerned with two distinct religions.
Do you agree?

Yes, they different and distinct one from the other.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Ishilove: 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer, Alfa Seltzer, Alfa Seltzer!! How many times did I call you?? Listen to me, you this satanic youngman, monkey no fine but hin mama like am. Obadiah might be a wicked, black hearted person but he is still MY wicked, blackhearted sweetheart. Leave him for me ooooo!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Ishilove: 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yoo hoo, obadiah darling, how are you, my love? smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove: Yoo hoo, obadiah darling, how are you, my love? smiley smiley

Why you like hurting my feelings all the time? So now is obadiah777 that is your darling love? But you just called him bl!ckhearted wicked sweerie. Why una women dey too love wicked blackhearted men sef? angry shey bi me and you don finish our discussion for phone say I will bring your white gold ring when am coming to naija. Which kind thing you come dey talk for public forum like this? Huh? angry angry
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Ishilove: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Why you like hurting my feelings all the time? So now is obadiah777 that is your darling love? But you just called him bl!ckhearted wicked sweerie. Why una women dey too love wicked blackhearted men sef? angry shey bi me and you don finish our discussion for phone say I will bring your white gold ring when am coming to naija. Which kind thing you come dey talk for public forum like this? Huh? angry angry
Shhhhh...hush it, sweetie. Must you tell the the whole world of our upcoming nuptials? You want those ya village people to scatter it? angry

When I say obadiah is my love, I meant I love him with the love of the Lord. Agape love!! angry

Don't bother calling me this evening because I won't pick. I'm so angry with you. angry
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by plaetton: 3:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes, they different and distinct one from the other.

And by extension, both deal with separate and distinct deities?
Agree?
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by plaetton: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
^^^^
Brother Goshen360,
Your reply is needed to the above question.
wink
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Shhhhh...hush it, sweetie. Must you tell the the whole world of our upcoming nuptials? You want those ya village people to scatter it? angry

When I say obadiah is my love, I meant I love him with the love of the Lord. Agape love!! angry

Don't bother calling me this evening because I won't pick. I'm so angry with you. angry

Which village people? So all the money I dey send you, na all these fall down and die pastors you dey go visit abi? You dey go carry my hard earn money go these deliverance ministers shey? Wetin concern me and village people? You never read say greater is he that's in me/us, than he that is in them?

Okay, make I call you and make you no pick the call and see wetin wan happen. angry
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
plaetton:

And by extension, both deal with separate and distinct deities?
Agree?

Same God but done with the old.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Ishilove: 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Which village people? So all the money I dey send you, na all these fall down and die pastors you dey go visit abi? You dey go carry my hard earn money go these deliverance ministers shey? Wetin concern me and village people? You never read say greater is he that's in me/us, than he that is in them?

Okay, make I call you and make you no pick the call and see wetin wan happen. angry
See this man o. I never enter your house you don dey threaten me. When I come become Mrs Goshen, na beat you go dey beat me!

I am reporting you to your mum angry
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove:
See this man o. I never enter your house you don dey threaten me. When I come become Mrs Goshen, na beat you go dey beat me!

I am reporting you to your mum angry

shocked shocked shocked you better answer your phone now. You know say that other sister don dey eye me tay-tay. tongue

Oya, answer your phone sweerie. You know say I no dey like talk to you like that but as I come dey jealous wetin you dey go talk for obadiah777 na eim make me talk like that. Huh, Oya my sweerie. Make you answer your phone naw my my bp no come rise o...you know say na stubborn I take style stubborn small.huh. your is ringing again, Oya answer me sweerie. grin
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by plaetton: 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Same God but done with the old.

That makes no sense Goshen360.

Judaism is still alive and kicking.

Did god divide himself into two, one for Judaism and the other for Christianity?

What is the origin of this new covenant?
Who formulated it?

By the same token can we say that Islam is the new and third covenant that replaced the second covenant ?

Isn't it the so-called new covenant more like the wishful thinking of the followers of a new religion?
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
plaetton:

That makes no sense Goshen360.

Judaism is still alive and kicking.

Did god divide himself into two, one for Judaism and the other for Christianity?

What is the origin of this new covenant?
Who formulated it?

By the same token can we say that Islam is the new and third covenant that replaced the second covenant ?

Isn't it the so-called new covenant more like the wishful thinking of the followers of a new religion?

It does make sense and I will show scriptures towards the fact that it makes sense later. You may want to go get other things done cos I will reply very late today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

W.F Kumuyi Biography: Age, Family, Ministry And Everything You Need To Know / Ladies Can You Marry An Atheist / What's Going On In Our Churches (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.