Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,001 members, 7,852,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

Soyinka's Folly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka's Folly (1514 Views)

Nigeria Displays Usual Folly On World Stage... #kickgoodluckout / When Lagos Big Boy, Folly Coker Was Heavily Disgraced |myemag / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka's Folly by PointB: 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
Tolexander: you still wallowing in goof. Domestic appendage is different from domestic appendage of power and should stop meddling in power. Not by virtue of her husband's position but her public exercises.

Can we say english is the problem here o what?

Just answer the question:

Is your mum 'a mere domestic appendage' your dad? Since, expectedly, your dad is the head of the family?
Re: Soyinka's Folly by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
PointB: Fair enough.

Is your mum 'a mere domestic appendage' your dad? Since, expectedly, your dad is the head of the family?

In running the house my wife is a co owner.

In my place of work she has no role and her only relevance there is as a domestic appendage SIMPLE.

If my company is having a meeting, The only way my wife would go there is if she goes there as an appendage/attachment of me.

Same way at my wifes place of work my only business at her place of work is as a domestic appendage of Mrs Dayokanu

I know English must be hard for some of you

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka's Folly by Tolexander: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
PointB:

Just answer the question:

dayokanu:

In my place of work she has no role and her only relevance there is as a domestic appendage SIMPLE.

If my company is having a meeting, The only way my wife would go there is if she goes there as an appendage/attachment of me.

Same way at my wifes place of work my only business at her place of work is as a domestic appendage of Mrs Dayokanu

oga dayo has said it all.

If my wife now comes often to my working place where she doesn't work at all meddling in the activities of the workers, what do you expect to happen to her? That is why i need to call her to order before another person will do that.

I can now realise why wole soyinka said he isn't writing his books for the mediocres.
Re: Soyinka's Folly by kunlekunle: 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So because he lambasted Yar Adua family in 2010, his subsequent actions should not be questioned? What sort of immoral mentality is that?

Even according to the Holy Books (the Bible), one is judged by his PRESENT actions, and not by his PAST.

Every situation should be analysed, assessed and criticised on its MERIT.

If Prof WS does something we perceive as RIGHT, we'll commend him. But if he does something controversial or which some people perceive as wrong, he should also be ready to face criticisms. QED

where is AZAZI today,
GEJ is becoming melacholic, someone need to ease this pressure, thats taking AMAECHI out.
Thats why Soyinka had been crying.
Re: Soyinka's Folly by kasiem(m): 3:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
dayokanu:

my dear, soyinka's words were very clear, it was totally devoid of any mischief so stop trying to construct another meaning out of it or isolate it. pls, answer pointb's question.
Re: Soyinka's Folly by dolphinife: 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
some people are so daft beyond imagination and comprehension.
If you support Jonathan and his wife, to them, you are the most lovely and progressive ever

If you go against Jonathan and his wife just once, you would be tagged as irresponsible and enemy of progress

If you support Jonathan's enemies, you will be seen as the most useless and incorrigible

if you support Jonathan heads down, you are the best ever to happen to this generation.

The question i want to ask is this..........

Is it a crime for people to follow different directions? where were Edwin Clark, Tompolo, Asari Dokubo, Wike, Patience, Gulak, Abati, Omokri,etc when the likes of Soyinka, Tunde bakare, Tinubu, Falana,etc were battling with Turai so dat your dummy can be sworn in as the president?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Change We Can See: Kudos To Gov Kwankwaso Of Kano State / Olu Of Warri Thanks God For Resolving The Crisis That Rocked His Kingdom / SHOCKING REVELATIONS: Gov Aliyu Talks About His Mother's Spiritual Powers - Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.