Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Change We Can See: Kudos To Gov Kwankwaso Of Kano State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change We Can See: Kudos To Gov Kwankwaso Of Kano State (1505 Views)

Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury / Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy / 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change We Can See: Kudos To Gov Kwankwaso Of Kano State by knotty(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
i am at the departure lounge of MAKIA, Kano: and i am brooding over the high and low points of my trip to this ancient city.

I have spent a huge chunk of my life growing in this city; I had my primary school here. But it is no longer a primary school. It is now a girl’s secondary school. Its gate also made the news for being the epicenter of a bomb blast that took lives in drove.

Comparing the glorious halcyon days to the needless bloodbaths makes one to want to wash ones past. But, it is hard for anyone to wash away their past you may only wish it away. This is the price one pays for change in life.

The changes that had starred me in the face but which i had been oblivious of, is now visibly audible. You can literally hear Kano speak. The story of Kano of today is a story that personifies change. A visible change, almost a singsong of Obama,s campaign slogan: Change We Can See.

All the change we are seeing started with the second coming of Gov Musa Kwankwaso as Governor. It seemed he is on a redemption mission. A mission which will forever imprint his name indelibly in the hearts and minds of Kano citizens for years to come. I do not intend delving into the specifics lest I be misconstrued as a paid praise singer. Rather, I am commenting on infra-structural developments that had until now been seen as impossible to happen in Kano but are springing with reckless abandon. None leaves you awe struck more that the prodigiously ambitious flyover that seeks to link the heart of Kano to its tributary arteries in one fell swoop. Without doubt, the project is a brilliant idea; the execution is a masterpiece is urban rebirth.

As for the dead street of Kano suddenly lit at night, I can only marvel at the short time it took all this to happen. While the haters continued to throw bombs, Kwankwaso continued working. The streets that his predecessor had left in eternal ruin, he finished. New ones, he built. Interlocking tiles pave the walkways of the ancient for the first time in 50 years.

Suddenly, a rudderless place like Kano now has direction. A leader they can queue behind in obedience is here at last. Anyone who is capable of outlawing Achaba business (OKADA) in a boisterous and restive city like Kano without any major rehash is indeed a true Leader.

1 Like

Re: Change We Can See: Kudos To Gov Kwankwaso Of Kano State by owobokiri(m): 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2013
Kwankwaso has always been a very hardworking governor. . During his first stint at the government house, he did work to clean up kano city, modernising the roads and paving the walkways with neat interlocking tiles. He seem to have a vry good idea of what he wants to do in Kano. His only problem is that he is too brash and arrogant for his own good.
Re: Change We Can See: Kudos To Gov Kwankwaso Of Kano State by omanzo02: 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2013
KWANKWASO Don recruit e-warrior too? grin grin grin
Re: Change We Can See: Kudos To Gov Kwankwaso Of Kano State by gameboy727(m): 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
omanzo02: KWANKWASO Don recruit e-warrior too? grin grin grin
Hater alert!
Re: Change We Can See: Kudos To Gov Kwankwaso Of Kano State by Longeria(m): 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
gameboy727: Hater alert!
Re: Change We Can See: Kudos To Gov Kwankwaso Of Kano State by knotty(m): 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2013
omanzo02: KWANKWASO Don recruit e-warrior too? grin grin grin
if appreciating good governance is a mark of being a govt recruit; i have no apologies being one.
but dirt on shekarau, your boss, for wasting 8years of a generation doing nothing.
shameless bunch.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Live Updates On Todays By-election In Delta Central Senatorial District / Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.