Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number (1893 Views)

Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun / How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number / The Nigerian Police And Engine Number. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by FreddyH(m): 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
Kindly assist if you can. 2 mechanics have attempted without luck. The vehicle can't be registered as a result. Thanks

4wd, automatic 3.3L.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by nissparts(m): 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
If you dont find it in the location earlier posted then go to rear of the engine just above the point where the transmission attaches, a little to the passenger side. You should see a plate stamped on the block with the serial. May be covered up with dirt though.

P.S There are thousands of vehicles on the road with really hidden engine serials and they have been registered without engine numbers. Even if you end up recording your engine serial as say VQ12345, no one would ever know otherwise
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by FreddyH(m): 9:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
nissparts: If you dont find it in the location earlier posted then go to rear of the engine just above the point where the transmission attaches, a little to the passenger side. You should see a plate stamped on the block with the serial. May be covered up with dirt though.

P.S There are thousands of vehicles on the road with really hidden engine serials and they have been registered without engine numbers. Even if you end up recording your engine serial as say VQ12345, no one would ever know otherwise

Thanks for the prompt response nissarts. i will check that out now. Registering with a fictitious number would be the only option to avoid police headache if the correct number is not located by Monday.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by nissparts(m): 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by FreddyH(m): 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
nissparts: http://acroeng.adobe.com/Test_Files/byteserving/opt//2001-Nissan-Xterra.pdf

Page 238 has a diagram

This booklet is part of the documetation that came with the vehicle. In fact, we have used this diagram together with a mechanic to no success as we didn't want to disassemble parts for that purpose. Seems it can't be seen without opening up some parts so the only option is to make up some numbers. Really appreciate your help.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by FreddyH(m): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
nissparts: http://acroeng.adobe.com/Test_Files/byteserving/opt//2001-Nissan-Xterra.pdf

Page 238 has a diagram

Found this by the driver`s door and seems to be the one: VG33DE3275CC. WHat do you think?

Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by nissparts(m): 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
Dont think so.
That's just the engine size and capacity I believe
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by FreddyH(m): 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
The engine number of my first car - Nissan maxima vehicle, was located easily on the engine and is in a similar format as VGxxxx..E. The only difference is that the nissan maxima's is 11 digits while the xterra's is 12 digits.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by RipVanWink: 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
had the same trouble locating the engine nos on my t4r..just wrote DO as the engine nos...even the same DO was written on my tint permit.....dont hv the faintest clue what the 'DO' means lol...been driving the car for abt 1yr nor...no major issues..u just hv to be confident when as noosy police man asks...dont like the idea of just writing any number

search online for xterra forums..u cud get help there on locating the number.

i finally was able to locate my number position tru forums...but it was late then.........
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by erico2k2(m): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
FreddyH:

Found this by the driver`s door and seems to be the one: VG33DE3275CC. WHat do you think?
aint that ur VIN?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by FreddyH(m): 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
erico2k2:
aint that ur VIN?

No. Got the right number retrieved directly from the manufacturer.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by erico2k2(m): 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
TO the OP
DO what I did, look physically on top of the Engine,spend two days doing this to make sure you have covered all parts of the Engine that is open to the naked eye, the drive ur vehicle to any pit, go under and inspect if you can see any stamp, well if you cant the the Engine number should be replaced with the VIN number,if you ever get stopped by police they cant touch ur Engine as it would roast who ever nears it under and ontop they cant losen any of the components, I told a police this and he looked realy stupid,The Engine number is just a part number Nigerian police are a disgrace.DONT JUST PUT ANY NUMBER PLZ,
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by erico2k2(m): 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
FreddyH:

No. Got the right number retrieved directly from the manufacturer.
ok You are sorted now I take it.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by FreddyH(m): 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
erico2k2:
ok You are sorted now I take it.

Thanks for your inputs. number issue is sorted.
It's now another headache of not being able to drive the car until new plate number is issued. this is due to new law in rivers state prohibiting use of temporary plate number to drive prior to when the new plate number which takes more than 2 weeks is processed. Licensing office informed that any attempt to driving with temporary plate number will attract a fine of 30k to the police. I cannot understand where this nation is heading to when unnecessary laws are being created for the corrupt policemen to exploit innocent citizens.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by kingschild123(m): 1:10am On Jul 18, 2013
Under the truck next to the fuel tank
Re: Urgent Help Needed On How To Locate And Read 2003 Nissan Xterra Engine Number by erico2k2(m): 1:21am On Jul 18, 2013
FreddyH:

Thanks for your inputs. number issue is sorted.
It's now another headache of not being able to drive the car until new plate number is issued. this is due to new law in rivers state prohibiting use of temporary plate number to drive prior to when the new plate number which takes more than 2 weeks is processed. Licensing office informed that any attempt to driving with temporary plate number will attract a fine of 30k to the police. I cannot understand where this nation is heading to when unnecessary laws are being created for the corrupt policemen to exploit innocent citizens.
Bro you should have licence d your car in Lagos, I got my wife an SUV and numbered it in Lagos, he drove it herself home from Lagos and she is in PH as well.

(1) (Reply)

A Bad/faulty Oxygen Sensor Can Do This To Your Car / Who Manufactures The Best Car Engines? Answer / Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.