Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! (13929 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by aduktus(m): 4:43pm On May 21, 2008
i will be coming to malaysia in 2 weeks time and i need info abt the place. may also appreciate some links there pls.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by landis(m): 4:58pm On May 21, 2008
what info do you need? where are you going? whats your purpose in Malay?
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by aduktus(m): 8:51pm On May 21, 2008
to school
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by landis(m): 12:38pm On May 22, 2008
I was not there as student but as tourist. So can tell you about student life.

But, it is very clean, organise, good cities and low crime rate.

Many manufacturing are done there by companies all over the world; could be good to get 'attachment'

Plus, you can easily get to Singapore or Thailand.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 8:39pm On May 27, 2008
I am a Malaysian living in Kuala Lumpur. In recent years, there are many Nigerians who have opted to live in the condominium towers I have been living in since 2008. Ours is a pleasant residential area until the Nigerian Mess/Menace started especially in the past 4 or 5 years.

I know them as Nigerians because I made it a point to find out before I registered an account to post freely here. I will try and be as amicable as possible. I have developed racist tendencies because of the actions of your countrymen where I live. In the past years, the following are some of the incidents that took place where I am.

1. Murder of a Nigerian by his fellow countrymen. He was thrown down from one of the top floors of the tower their (the Nigerians) apartment is on. Apparently, most of them were drunk and had gotten involved in more than just a common brawl. One of them obviously suffered the brunt because he was not just beaten up by his country men but after receiving the beating that made him unconscious, the other Nigerians threw him down the hill from their apartment.

2. Fire in my condo tower. Three Nigerian men and two women (also Nigerian) had gotten into a fight (why do you people fight so much). In the heat of the moment, they had set the garbage room on fire. The entire floor was engulfed with black smoke and it took one of our own men to call the fire brigade in to put out the fire.

3. Major ruckus caused by wild parties. There are weekly parties where your fellow countrymen get drunk. They are very loud, and talk with each other on top of their voices. The women are just as wild. Sometimes, they get more than a little frisky with each other in the bushes. Local women and children no longer venture out to the clubhouse or the gorgeous vicinity around our condo resort freely anymore. Nigerians make lewd remarks and look at us like a piece of meat even when we are out taking our children for their walks.

4. Most of the Nigerians do not work. They loaf around doing nothing all day. They claim to be students and don't attend college. Recently I found out that a year's worth student visa can be purchased at only Ringgit Malaysia (RM) 4, 000. Some of them drive expensive rented vehicles and they don't appear to even work. Then it came to my knowledge that a few Nigerians have "adopted" illegal Filipina women and are now pimping them. Hence… the wealth!

5. Just last week when a few of us mothers were supervising our children at the kiddie pool, a few Nigerians chose to "drift" away towards us and sat in the most offensive manner in front of us while rubbing their crotch. The five of us quickly bundled up our children and fled back to our respective apartments. Upon checking the next day with the pool house manager, we discovered they are Nigerians.

6. The "nicer" ones, oh yes there are some: usually ask for money to load up their pre paid call cards. They usually ask the local men who give them RM10 just to get them (the Nigerians) out of the way.

7. About 3 years ago, a Nigerian my husband befriended was asked to leave the apartment he was supposed living in with other Nigerians. Out of pity my husband offered him our guest room for the night (only one night). But the Nigerian took advantage of our hospitality by overstaying. He went on to stay for 10 days and when he left, we found more than a few valuables missing. And of course we lodged a police report. The police told us that nothing could really be done about the matter.

8.  My husband even loaned about RM1, 000 to a so called Nigerian student (we later found out that he was not one). He never paid us back. We took him to church with us and he made a pass on one of my friends who had just had a new baby. Like that is not enough, he even started the bogus tale about his father being a deceased politician back home and that he has a lot of money on hold in the bank and would like the church to help him secure the money with of course that a healthy commission would be paid to the church for their kindness. We of course knew that it was all a scam because the local media has been highlighting the famous Nigerian scam that month.

9. Three years ago, a Nigerian boy was chased to our car park by some local youths. The Nigerian has performed some lewd act to local girl. To call for attention as the local youth had beaten him up quite badly, the Nigerian had kicked and broken the windshield of a car nearby. Guess what the car was ours. My husband and I ended up very busy that morning making numerous trips to the police station. Again we had to bear the damage ourselves.

So here are some of the horror stories about your countrymen (would you like to hear some more? I have plenty!).

Oh I forgot, some years ago 5 Nigerian men kidnapped a local school girl and ended up keeping her as a sex slave for a week. She was released after that. Those men were never found.

Do you even blame us for feeling what we feel about Nigerians? If you are visiting my country, please learn to respect our local customs and please respect the women here. Malaysians are a tolerant bunch but it will not be long if your countrymen choose to misbehave.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by 4Him1(m): 8:43pm On May 27, 2008
poor Malaysian, it seems only the very worst of Nigerians emigrate to malaysia . . .
Pls go to more developed countries and see the cream of Nigerians there living as decent members of the society, sorry our unscrupulous dregs chose your country as a last resort. not really our fault you see.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by ty4real(m): 8:53pm On May 27, 2008
@Malaysian!

The stories were quite repulsive!I dont doubt you but you should know that in every society,we have the good,the bad and the ugly,I guess you have only seen the bad and the ugly Nigerians in Malaysia.I pray you see the good soon cause I dont want to believe all Nigerians in your country do those stuffs you mentioned.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Uche2nna(m): 9:00pm On May 27, 2008
I dont know but this story kind of sounds fishy to me.

Is it a co incidence that this Malaysian only posted after a thread about malaysia was made. undecided Just my 2 cents
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 9:08pm On May 27, 2008
I will avoid replying the snark directed at my post by 4 Him.

I do know and understand what you mean ty4real. There are badhats in every society and trust me we do have more than our share of them. I found this board when I googled "Africans in Malaysia" to find out if there were others having similar problems as i do where I live. Believe me I do want to understand your culture and customs but I am posting what troubles me right now. The problem seems to be getting worse by the day where I live. Part of me hopes some Nigerian living in Malaysia now would read what I have to say and perhaps say something to his fellow countrymen here. Who know, right,  Or my effort might not even bring on any positive changes.

Uche2nna, I am telling the truth. I live in a place called Venice Hill Condo & Golf Resort in the 9th Mile of the Cheras Road. My ancestors themselves were immigrants from another country which makes me (well) a 4th generation Malaysian. I have no reason to "concort" stories as you may (or not) imply.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by 4Him1(m): 9:16pm On May 27, 2008
I found this board when I googled "Africans in Malaysia" to find out if there were others having similar problems as i do where I live.

When you read nonsense like this you're left wondering if Africans are the only set of humans on earth with criminal tendencies. I'm sure there are millions of Malaysian youth much worse than the Nigerians you have seen but it seems the in thing to blame every single thing on those from Africa.
Have you googled Americans in Malaysia yet? Any google search on Arabs in Malaysia?

We are tired of people living in 3rd world countries coming here to complain of Nigerians, if you have a problem with them kindly report to your police. There are millions of law abiding Nigerian citizens making a decent living in several countries of the world. This idea of smearing the entire nation based on the actions of a few living on your street is galling.

What's next? Perhaps the Sudanese will be here to complain about Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 9:21pm On May 27, 2008
malaysian:

I will avoid replying the snark directed at my post by 4 Him.

I do know and understand what you mean ty4real. There are badhats in every society and trust me we do have more than our share of them. I found this board when I googled "Africans in Malaysia" to find out if there were others having similar problems as i do where I live. Believe me I do want to understand your culture and customs but I am posting what troubles me right now. The problem seems to be getting worse by the day where I live. Part of me hopes some Nigerian living in Malaysia now would read what I have to say and perhaps say something to his fellow countrymen here. Who know, right,  Or my effort might not even bring on any positive changes.

Uche2nna, I am telling the truth. I live in a place called Venice Hill Condo & Golf Resort in the 9th Mile of the Cheras Road. My ancestors themselves were immigrants from another country which makes me (well) a 4th generation Malaysian. I have no reason to "concort" stories as you may (or not) imply.

There are obviously more criminals of your kind in Malaysia than the few Nigerians in Malaysia.
You should be concerned about the majority.
There are criminals in any race, color or creed.
Indians,Malays and Chinese are not living a purer life than the inconequential number of Nigerians in Malaysia.
Please spare us the crying.
If you channelled your energy to the liberation of the ethnic Malays who convert to Christianity but still forced to identify as mu'slims since conversion is acrime in your so called liberal M'uslim Malaysia,It would be a better course to fight.
There are criminals everywhere,we are all dealing with it.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Uche2nna(m): 9:25pm On May 27, 2008
4 Him:

What's next? Perhaps the Sudanese will be here to complain about Nigerians.

They already did grin

One very stupid Sudanese here does not like my guts. Reason: I am Nigerian shocked shocked
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 9:26pm On May 27, 2008
There's nothing we won't hear.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by 4Him1(m): 9:27pm On May 27, 2008
Believe me I do want to understand your culture and customs but I am posting what troubles me right now.

No you dont. When i read stuff like the above you wonder what these people think Africa really is . . . a planet of aliens who roam with animals and live on trees?
How many times do you hear someone trying to "understand the culture and customs" of the Americans or Germans or French? Once it comes to an African you start hearing "culture and custom" . . . an euphemism for the insidous form of racism that still exists today.

Dont belabour the issue, either move to a new neighbourhood or push for the deportation of those troublesome Nigerians. When next i go back to Nigeria i will make sure to document the attrocities of those wicked asians who enslave our poor in most unsafe tinshacks they call industries.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by HRhotness(f): 9:30pm On May 27, 2008
4Him are u aggravating people again? angry
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 27, 2008
ha ha did he ever stop? smiley cheesy
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by 4Him1(m): 9:34pm On May 27, 2008
HR . . . tell them not to pull my ears first grin

Sharrap there stillwater, you think this is a thread for lipsticks and labia minora? cheesy
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 27, 2008
Majora my dear. . .still giving you sleepless nights cheesy
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 2:05am On May 28, 2008
Sheniqua, you have read up. I am very impressed and thank you. It is true that religious freedom for those who have been born Muslim is almost non existent in Malaysia even though the Federal Constutition says otherwise. The problem is that there is the Syariah courts that overlooks matters pertaining to family, property and religion for the Great One and the Great Religious courts differ in the matter of freedom of worship matters with the constitution of the country.

However, you must also read about the major changes that has taken place in the average Malaysian especially in recent times. With almost 15 million Malaysians (our population is about 27 million), cyber activism has grown in a way that has left a major part of Asia pretty awed at what's taking place in Malaysian politics right now. Malaysians are a pretty docile bunch really, but now it seems the people have gotten somewhat braver and are openly discussing issues like freedom of worship. There has been 2 cases that has made breakthroughs and set precedent for the future. Small changes but change nevertheless smiley

Asia has always been in love with all things West. Sad really if you ask me. Rather than embracing our own culture, many people have taken on that the ways of the West is the best way one can live. The obsession with all things West has left continents like Africa to be an unknown enigma to ignorant Asians. The media plays a major role here by further highlighting all things West. Lifestyle in Kuala Lumpur especially emulates the West to the tee. This has always saddened me.

I should have mentioned this before, many Nigerians come to my country to play footbal professionally. Weird really because even though Malaysia is a soccer mad nation, our National soccer team and the professional league is terrible. Yes there are some Nigerian players but clubs don't hire all those who come. I suspect these Nigerians are being duped to believe that soccer could offer them high pay in Malaysia. A myth if you ask me. I hope someone who is contemplating about coming to Malaysia for the purpose of playing football would now re think their options.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by chika98: 2:27am On May 28, 2008
I don't really understand why you "felt" the need to let us know about your ordeal with Nigerians in Malayasia. Your country is a third world country for crying out loud. People commit crimes all over. You're making it sound like Nigerians are the source of all your problems. I just don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 2:35am On May 28, 2008
They are not a national problem, true but they do pose a major problem within the area where I live. I found this forum and I have posed problems those of us here face. After reading some of the other posts, I found it quite helpful for me to further understand the problems your countrymen face abroad. Looks like many who end up in my country have been duped.

Also, it is true what you say about Malaysia being a third world country. Even though we enjoy first world infrastructure, we will never be deemed as one simply because two major issues will probably not be resolved in a long time to come: media freedom and freedom of worship. Crime rate is relatively low.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 2:37am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

Sheniqua, you have read up. I am very impressed and thank you. It is true that religious freedom for those who have been born Great One is almost non existent in Malaysia even though the Federal Constutition says otherwise. The problem is that there is the Syariah courts that overlooks matters pertaining to family, property and religion for the Great One and the Great Religious courts differ in the matter of freedom of worship matters with the constitution of the country.

However, you must also read about the major changes that has taken place in the average Malaysian especially in recent times. With almost 15 million Malaysians (our population is about 27 million), cyber activism has grown in a way that has left a major part of Asia pretty awed at what's taking place in Malaysian politics right now. Malaysians are a pretty docile bunch really, but now it seems the people have gotten somewhat braver and are openly discussing issues like freedom of worship. There has been 2 cases that has made breakthroughs and set precedent for the future. Small changes but change nevertheless smiley

Asia has always been in love with all things West. Sad really if you ask me. Rather than embracing our own culture, many people have taken on that the ways of the West is the best way one can live. The obsession with all things West has left continents like Africa to be an unknown enigma to ignorant Asians. The media plays a major role here by further highlighting all things West. Lifestyle in Kuala Lumpur especially emulates the West to the tee. This has always saddened me.

I should have mentioned this before, many Nigerians come to my country to play footbal professionally. Weird really because even though Malaysia is a soccer mad nation, our National soccer team and the professional league is terrible. Yes there are some Nigerian players but clubs don't hire all those who come. I suspect these Nigerians are being duped to believe that soccer could offer them high pay in Malaysia. A myth if you ask me. I hope someone who is contemplating about coming to Malaysia for the purpose of playing football would now re think their options.

Like it's anything new that Malaysian women are second class citizens.
Read up indeed.
If you read half the books I've read you won't be spewing garbage on a whole nation based on your ghetto living experience.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by chika98: 2:40am On May 28, 2008
Am glad you've pointed out that they arent a national problem. You can then address these issues with your neighborhood watch, let me guess? You lot don't have one. If it bothers you so much then don't come in contact with these people. Stay of their path and I know they will stay out of yours too.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 2:42am On May 28, 2008
chika98:

I don't really understand why you "felt" the need to let us know about your ordeal with Nigerians in Malayasia. Your country is a third world country for crying out loud. People commit crimes all over. You're making it sound like Nigerians are the source of all your problems. I just don't get it.

Maybe she's expecting you to apologise and pass on her message to your countrymen.
Like anyone is responsible for the sins of another.
If any Nigerian commits a crime in Malaysia let the law in Malaysia deal with them accordingly.

Nairaland is not a sha'riah court.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 2:47am On May 28, 2008
We do have our own security where I live. See the majority of Malaysians are way smaller then the Nigerians. This can be pretty daunting. However, the security have done a good job. Still the stigma of past events stays on the mind of many.

Sheniqua, women do receive second class citizen treatment in most Muslim countries. It is as you say. The non Muslim ones do not have to endure this as the ones who are on the receiving end are the Muslim women. A muslim man is allowed to marry 4 wives in accordance with the laws of the religion. Sad really.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 2:48am On May 28, 2008
Also the Syariah courts only rule in matters pertaining to property, family and religion for the Muslims only.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by chika98: 2:48am On May 28, 2008
sheniqua:

Maybe she's expecting you to apologise and pass on her message to your countrymen.
Like anyone is responsible for the sins of another.
If any Nigerian commits a crime in Malaysia let the law in Malaysia deal with them accordingly.

Nairaland is not a sha'riah court.

THANK YOU! Pls let them know.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by 4Him1(m): 3:04am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

They are not a national problem, true but they do pose a major problem within the area where I live. I found this forum and I have posed problems those of us here face.

you shld not have bothered telling us, we are not the Malaysian police. The vast majority of Nigerians, having options, wouldnt dream of coming to your country.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 3:13am On May 28, 2008
Police reports have been lodged when it comes to matters that are related to crime. But what about the social aspect of it. The Nigerians where I live fail to exercise basic courtesy. Surely it is not a case for the police to handle. Lewd remarks seem to be something that they churn out because perhaps it is part of their culture. Or probably because Malaysia is a country where the cost of living is relatively low when compared to its neighbour Singapore, more and more Nigerians end up here. And the promise of lucrative professional football career that is promised by unscrupulous persons brings them here.

I can tell you this, better options are available to Nigerians in Thailand, the Phillipines, Indonesia and Singapore. But not Malaysia. Nigeria seems like a very wealthy nation and I cannot understand why Nigerians even end up here in Malaysia where there are almost no job opportunities for the educated Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 3:19am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

Police reports have been lodged when it comes to matters that are related to crime. But what about the social aspect of it. The Nigerians where I live fail to exercise basic courtesy. Surely it is not a case for the police to handle. Lewd remarks seem to be something that they churn out because perhaps it is part of their culture. Or probably because Malaysia is a country where the cost of living is relatively low when compared to its neighbour Singapore, more and more Nigerians end up here. And the promise of lucrative professional football career that is promised by unscrupulous persons brings them here.

I can tell you this, better options are available to Nigerians in Thailand, the Phillipines, Indonesia and Singapore. But not Malaysia. Nigeria seems like a very wealthy nation and I cannot understand why Nigerians even end up here in Malaysia where there are almost no job opportunities for the educated Nigerian.

please spare us this bullcrap.
Tell me a culture that condones lewdness in the true sense of that word
The example of lewdness you initially talked about was a Nigerian making passes at a lady in Church
what's lewd about that?
Should he make passes at his fellow men ?

Isn't it normal for a a man with blood in his veins to fancy a woman
We don't do arranged marriages .
Men pretty much find their own wives as a general rule

Assuming you're talking of deviants, are there no deviants in Malaysia and do you expect all immigrants to Malaysia to be saints

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by 4Him1(m): 3:22am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

Police reports have been lodged when it comes to matters that are related to crime. But what about the social aspect of it. The Nigerians where I live fail to exercise basic courtesy. Surely it is not a case for the police to handle. Lewd remarks seem to be something that they churn out because perhaps it is part of their culture.

We get it, we'll educate our citizens not to venture near your denizen of is'lamic racism.

No, lack of basic courtesy is not part of our culture . . . u are again labelling an entire nation of 150m by the actions of 1 or 2 of your neighbours which is ridiculous. My culture raised me to be almost too respectful of elders, ours is a conservative society that frowns on any connotation of lewd language.
There are thousands of rude, uncultured Malaysians . . . is it part of your culture?
I see Americans who use curse words even on the very movies you watch . . . surprisingly that doesnt strike u as odd? Perhaps because they are white and you see them as gods to be reverred and who can do no wrong?
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 3:26am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

You should be taking out an ad in The Nigerian tribune to announce this not on Seun's personal forum.
Why did your forefathers leave the shores of India or wherever for Malaysia.
People migrate for reasons best known to them.
Complain to your immigration authorities not us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread / France & Europe: Experience Through The Eyes Of A Nigerian (Photojournal) / Anyone Here Living In Malta?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.