Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! (13928 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 4:31am On May 28, 2008
When they commit a crime the police will deal with them But what about the social aspect of it all? How do we address it? By speaking and having discourses about it, that's how we can deal with it. Let's face the problem and not sweep it under the carpet now.

I have spoken the issues I have, and I would like to hear constructive suggestions as to how I can deal in a social scenario: with these badhats who have only brought your country much embarassment. How do I deal with the arrogant manner they adopt to speak to us? How do we tell them there is no need to speak in a loud booming voice that could be heard 10 floor up? How do we tell them to not blast their music out loud at night? How do we tell them that making sexually lewd remarks is totally unacceptable?

If a Malaysian did all this, we would know how to deal with him. We'd turn up at his door step to speak to him. But the menacing manner some Nigerians adopt have only scared us from telling them to not cause disturbance.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by tai2(m): 4:35am On May 28, 2008
@malaysian

If some Nigerians are making a mess of your country and stereotyping the few of us who are still trying to maintain our sanity and national pride, please take heart. We are not all bastards. You have made some glaring claims and while a couple do seem exaggerated, a number of these claims are rather reflective of the behavior exhibited by Nigerians who have been forced to seek success in other shores such as that of your country.

Yes, Nigeria is a rich country, with a lot of poor people who have no other option but to seek educational and work opportunities elsewhere because our leaders have chosen to squander our huge oil wealth on French chateaus and Italian villas instead of developing their economy. If they had done what they were supposed to do, I doubt if their citizens would be in your country causing a nuisance.

Perhaps you should engage in more stringent regulations, to make sure they are not allowed into the country. When we have no where else to turn to, perhaps we'll engage in the necessary work needed to develop our own country.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 4:45am On May 28, 2008
Dear Tai,

Thank you so much for your patience. I knew my post would be controversial and trust me none of it has been exaggerated. Sometime ago, there was a police operation rounding up Africans in general due to the number of reports and complaints that has been lodged against them. During these raids, two African Americans who had refused to show their passports were also taken into custody. The authorities soon realised their mistake but this mistake brought about much criticism from the international community. The police do try their hardest but more and more are arriving in our shores seeking non- existent job opportunities. Some enter the country with student visas even though they have no intention of ever attending college.

They seem to have a lot of funds judging from the expensive cars they rent. I do sometimes wonder where they get the money to do so but then Nigeria is a wealthy nation. It seems it is not the poor ones who end up here but there are more than a few affluent ones as well.

Corruption exists not just in your country but in mine as well. Still that does not make it right. The fact that yours is an oil rich nation and it being far more wealthy than my country does make one wonder why on earth Nigerians still come here. The football scene here is pathetic. I am pretty certain there is a syndicate or two duping unsuspecting Nigerians into making the move to Malaysia.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by tai2(m): 4:46am On May 28, 2008
sheniqua:

Irish,Cubans,Italians,Russians,Mexicans,Chinese,Indians and many other nationalities.
Go to embassies from Mexico city to Juarez and see the line up not to talk of millions that cross the borders annually.
Go the the Isl'amic countries and see assylum seekers struggling to flee.

Nigerians are not the only ones emigrating to the West and our numbers are nothing compared to the general immigrant population.

Almost all these Nationalities make up a large number such that New Orleans has an Indian mayor.
There are tons of Mexican congressmen and chinese reps I don't know any Nigerian in a state legislature but there are Haitians and cubans.

Cubans and Haitians were fleeing repression of various regimes. The Irish in America are largely there from centuries past, recent immigrants perhaps but not lining up at embassies such as you suggest. Russians in America yes, predominantly in New York and New Jersey, but in Moscow the queue at the American Embassy is incomparable to that of Walter Carrington. Nigerians are everywhere.

Most people naturally gravitate towards America, the land of Hollywood, but most Nigerians would flee anywhere given the opportunity. I know of Nigerians who live in Cuba and consider it a prime place for education. I should know, my cousin lives in Cuba, he got his medical degree there and married a wife there. Free education with a lot of quality, I might add.

There is no Islamic regime here, the military boys left a long while ago and even when they were around it wasn't as if we were another Burma, there was a free flow of business and business persons. What are Nigerians at those embassies fleeing from and where are they fleeing to? Don't we have the money? What need do we have to seek out expensive education and demeaning work opportunities in other countries?

If people are fleeing Cuba from repressive regimes, what are we running from in our own country? Does Mexico, whose citizens are fleeing to the U.S, have the oil money we have? Venezuela should rank below us in the list of countries with oil wealth. Do you see their citizens on boats headed for Florida's shores?
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by tai2(m): 4:54am On May 28, 2008
@malaysian

Of course, there are a lot of rich Nigerians with a lot of money studying in Malaysia. Apparently the government here has left the universities to rot so most people seeking good education go to other countries to study and Malaysia offers cheap and quality education as well. Instead of repairing our universities so rich and poor students don't have to go abroad, our leaders are spending our money foolishly on strange projects.

There are also poor Nigerians, who will do anything to go to any country in the world where there is a promise of a better life. If the government here was doing what they should have been doing, these Nigerians would be working here instead of causing a nuisance there. It's all the fault of the Nigerian government, so next time you see these Nigerians, you might want to excuse their behavior, some of them are forced to do what they do because in Nigeria you have to do whatever is necessary to survive and since our leaders are stealing money and being dishonest, some Nigerian citizens feel they ought to do the same and get away with it in other countries where they live.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 5:01am On May 28, 2008
Dear Tai,

Our universities are terrible! In recent years none of them are even listed on the top 200 list of international university, when in the past we had a few of them on that same list. The quality of education has deteriorated terribly in Malaysia. I have no idea what gave you guys the impression that our system is one of excellence when it is clearly not. You can google what I have just mentioned if you don't believe me. Leaders in my country have become more and more corrupt. It would seem like Malaysia is very much like Nigeria then. The only difference might be the fact that we have first class infrastructure in this country but all that means nothing when corruption is eating the nation away like cancer would ravage a person's body.

Tell everyone to not even consider Malaysia as a place to get decent education until things improve in my country. It's just not worth the money spent. You could get far better education in Singapore, Thailand, The Philippines or even Indonesia but certainly not in Malaysia.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 5:02am On May 28, 2008
I don't know where you live but virtually every south and central American country has a large population here.
Cuba and Haiti were fleeing a dictatorship,what did we have in Nigeria for years?
Do you the number of Mus'lim women from middle east on government assistancefleeing their homeland.

Mexico and venezuela are richer countries than Nigeria by far in case you don't know they are much higher in ranking and yes there are tons of them here and counting.
I wonder why you left out India nd China from the list.
Mail order brides from Russia are still as popular today as ever and all this is an attempt to migrate and there are tons of them waiting to get here.
The handicap of English is the only hindrance to most other countries.
Like I said our immigrant population doesn't compare to any of those.

There are Americans who have emigrated elsewhere too.
People emigrate for various reasons
The world is getting smaller,people ought to deal with that reality.
There's no rule that says I must live in Nigeria
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by darkroll(m): 7:07am On May 28, 2008
We Nigerians we tend to defend our selves when people post the truth about us , we all know the truth that Nigeria has a bad reputation around the world and we also know that some are doing well and good and keeping a good name . but the fact remains that the bad ones are creating a bad name and reputation out there

I dont see anything wrong in malaysian posting the problem Nigerians are causing in Malysia , from what i read from her post most this Nigerians are being told the wrong stories about Malysia ( such as : they can get job easily there , they can play football and make money . bla, bla , bla ) . I have been to Malysia a couple of times , it is a nice place , good infrastructure , cost of living is low , but there are no jobs , even thier football league is crap , but still Nigerians migrate to Malysia just because they have been mislead but when they get there and they cant get a job they go into crimes.

Even here in the Seychelles , it is the same story. Due to the nature of my job i work hand in hand with the Seychelles immigration and most of the bad stories you hear about Nigerians could make u feel ashamed of being a Nigerian . I was at the airport some weeks ago to do some arivals , when the KQ plane landed it has 8 Nigerians guys on it , the immigration asked them what is thier mission for coming to Seychelles they said they came for Oil conference and they had a fake conference invitation letter with them , for God sake there is Oil/crude oil in Seychelles . The immigration guy passed them to me for some investigations and i got to found out from them that they came in search for jobs and they have been told by thier visa agent that Seychelles is an Oil country and lot of petroleum companies are offering jobs .

The Nigerians i know and i left back home some years ago are not dumb and they think before they do things , but i dont know what is happening nowadays cause it seems people just travel and dont know much about where they are going to, When they get to thier destinations and have nothing to do or live on they end up in crime and dubious stuff .

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by nkc(m): 7:44am On May 28, 2008
simply put, most nigerians that travel outside naija , end up painting a bad image of our coubtry, thats not to say, we r all bad, sorry malaysian, afta reading yur write up, i felt yur pain, sori, I PRAY U MEET BETTER NIGERIANS IN NEAR FUTURE, WE R FUN TO BE WITH SERIOUSLY, ndo kpele(sori)

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by smile4kenn(m): 8:04am On May 28, 2008
@ Malaysian

If you dont know, i studied in malaysia for some time, Nigerians in Nilai, Sunway, Cyberjaya, Sarawak, Lagenda and so many other parts peace keeping Nigeria.

I am very much aware that you are from Cherass, Yes the Nigerians in Cherass are very stupid sometimes but dont classify all nigerians as the same.

The Nigerians in Cherass are on scholarship, River state, Bayelsa state and Delta state sends 200 students each, making 600 students every year to study in Cherass, Malaysia. The Nigerian Government Pays their fees and also sends them welfare money, $1000 monthly.

95% of Nigerians living in Cherass, Malaysia are all on schlarship.

@malaysian

Try and visit Nilai in Negeri Sembilia and am sure u will see the peace loving nigerians living there, There are Nigerian Lecturers there and Nigerians topping in Academic. I know Nigeria and Nigerians are dominating Malaysia now, But dont Blame Nigerians, Blame Your Govt.

IN the 90s, your country was going bankrupt, and they could not afford to pay their civil workers, Your Govt seeked for advice from the Nigerian president back then, and we Offered Palm Kennel for free(worth Millions of $$$) Your Country's Major Source of income today is Palm kennel which Nigeria Offered for an agreement in Education. For the past 10 years now, Malaysia is now a hub or extension for Nigerian students to study.

Your second source of income is Tourism

Your third is International students( Nigerians alone make 34%)
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 9:36am On May 28, 2008
smile4kenn,

there are "some" students and they live and reside near USCI itsself in Cheras. And please don't come here and give me the stats that you did. And if you are familiar with our economic history you would be in the know that our economy was bullish in the 90s until the Asian Economic Crisis in 1997. And about Nigerian students contributing 34% of Malaysian income,  awww please! Please read up before you even offer up stats like this one. Even Wikipedia would be adequate for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Malaysia
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by chika98: 6:36pm On May 28, 2008
You guys are still here? wow
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by kenflipper(m): 2:34am On May 30, 2008
This is the last place you should be in your search for a solution with regards Nigerians living in Malaysians. Though!, I do not support Nigerians messing up in any country, I can not completely take your words, in between your lines I can see racism against Africans and Nigerians in particular. There is very little any one on this forum can do. If your are truly in search of a solution you should take your issues to the police in your country and make sure that they do their jobs. Form an activist group with like minded individuals, write on your national newspaper to inform the public and create awareness of the havoc of disorderliness amongst foreigners. Every criminal ought be punished and deported irrespective of their race or nationality, failure of your government to do just that means you should be against your police force for allowing illegality to strive in your country. The clumsy excuse that Malaysians are smaller in size than Nigerians isn’t enough for your police force to be handicapped. Rounding up Africans in Malaysia just because of a few bad eggs in an act of racism. Even though!, Malaysia is far from where we reside, it isn’t enough for you to bring in a bogus story, It is bogus because you didn’t not tell the whole story the dotted lines just doesn’t fit in.
**What about the Indian-Malays gangs who move in their motor-cycles with a machetes in search of foreigners to steal from, kill and rape
What about the Malay man who raped a Chinese lady in her car in the parking lot and there after burnt her beyond recognition in the same car along the KL airport road some few yrs back.
**What about the Taiwanese ladies that have been raped and killed continuously by Malaysians during their vacation to Malaysia.
**What about the Algerian who killed a 78yr old New Zealander by drugging his drink in the club all in an attempt to steal his credit card and wallet (the news was on bbc some few yrs back, the New Zealand govt. place a bounty reward for information leading to his capture) He was captured and 3months later released probably because he is from an Islamic state and still committing his crime till date.
**What about the Lebanese men who shoplifts and continuously dehumanize your ladies by treating them as sex slaves.
**What about the Iraqi?? who are die hard criminals in Malaysia.
**What about the Moroccans, who falsify passports, Malaysian immigration stamps and Malaysian Identity cards, Oh! those are Muslims and Allah forgives them.
**What about the Ukrainians, Belarusian’s, and the Russians? oh!, if he has a lighter skin its acceptable. Now you are wanting us to talk to Nigerians and make them see reasons why you are a racist, no they don’t need us to talk to them cos' they already know you are.
Nigerians are not even on number #5 when it comes to crime in Malaysia.
Just so you know the few Nigerians misbehaving in Malaysia are the once with little or no education. That is why they are so loud, but been loud isn’t much a crime as the list of heinous crimes mentioned above. I really don’t know what you are after?, do u have a problem with Nigerians riding expensive cars or with them misbehaving ?? , I don’t remember you saying there are those who are hardworking and importers as well as those intelligent students leading the way in various campuses in Malaysia.
We are well informed on this forum. I don’t care if they are Nigerians, Russians or aliens, they should face the law and be deported. Stop singing tales by moonlight to us and posting pictures without any forensic evidence.
Here in Michigan which is almost hub for Asians I know how many Malaysians and Indians alike I come across on a daily basis and their yarn for recognition even with their hazard English I still show some love, I'm not even talking about those who seek refuge in my church for fear of ICE deportation their financial up keep comes from offerings of the church for which I make my $50 available weekly. So it is sickening to hear you spit about Nigerians without mentioning other nationals who commit worst crimes than Nigerians and yet you are married to a Nigerian. Did you mention how much your ladies want badly to be with African men?? because your men are less than 1 inch in dick size? YEAH RIGHT!, I m not surprise that you are married to a Nigerian you would have been suffering in sexual silence. If you want to tell a story tell it completely without leaving any stone unturned, there are many here who would dig the ocean for forensic evidence to back the credibility or prove the racial bias of your story. A picture only tells a better story when there are forensic evidence in it.
If your cops would do their jobs, by now the bad eggs would have been fished out and deported and you would be feeling the love of living with sensible and educated Nigerians. I hope you know that in an examination failing a question from 10 questions is an "A" in same vein for one or two Nigerians to misbehave from the lot is a good rating for Nigerians living in Malaysia.

I see you are even bias in your Google exercise, Google the history of Malaysia palm kernel and find out what part of West Africa they got their palm Kernel seeds from, also inquire if your government ever paid a dime for it. May be that would strike you blue. Better still if you don’t want to believe the result from Google out of your racial bias ask your parents or older folks those that are 60yrs and above know the history better. I will be on the watch out to see the result of your Google, since you are now madam Google!!!………, I’m not surprise you are of Indian origin a Bumiputra (Malay) wont post such bogus story….You should be fighting for recognition in your country and for equality , Nigerians living in Malaysia are not responsible for the attitude of your Govt. treating your race as third class citizens. So take your grievances to your govt.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by stick2clem(m): 3:03am On May 30, 2008
It seems all Black people Abroad gettin involved in shits are all NIGERIAN
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Nwaka77: 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2008
kenflipper:

This is the last place you should be in your search for a solution with regards Nigerians living in Malaysians. Though!, I do not support Nigerians messing up in any country, I can not completely take your words, in between your lines I can see racism against Africans and Nigerians in particular. There is very little any one on this forum can do. If your are truly in search of a solution you should take your issues to the police in your country and make sure that they do their jobs. Form an activist group with like minded individuals, write on your national newspaper to inform the public and create awareness of the havoc of disorderliness amongst foreigners. Every criminal ought be punished and deported irrespective of their race or nationality, failure of your government to do just that means you should be against your police force for allowing illegality to strive in your country. The clumsy excuse that Malaysians are smaller in size than Nigerians isn’t enough for your police force to be handicapped. Rounding up Africans in Malaysia just because of a few bad eggs in an act of racism. Even though!, Malaysia is far from where we reside, it isn’t enough for you to bring in a bogus story, It is bogus because you didn’t not tell the whole story the dotted lines just doesn’t fit in.
**What about the Indian-Malays gangs who move in their motor-cycles with a machetes in search of foreigners to steal from, kill and rape
What about the Malay man who raped a Chinese lady in her car in the parking lot and there after burnt her beyond recognition in the same car along the KL airport road some few years back.
**What about the Taiwanese ladies that have been raped and killed continuously by Malaysians during their vacation to Malaysia.
**What about the Algerian who killed a 78yr old New Zealander by drugging his drink in the club all in an attempt to steal his credit card and wallet (the news was on bbc some few years back, the New Zealand govt. place a bounty reward for information leading to his capture) He was captured and 3months later released probably because he is from an Great Religious state and still committing his crime till date.
**What about the Lebanese men who shoplifts and continuously dehumanize your ladies by treating them as sex slaves.
**What about the Iraqi?? who are die hard criminals in Malaysia.
**What about the Moroccans, who falsify passports, Malaysian immigration stamps and Malaysian Identity cards, Oh! those are Great Ones and God forgives them.
**What about the Ukrainians, Belarusian’s, and the Russians? oh!, if he has a lighter skin its acceptable. Now you are wanting us to talk to Nigerians and make them see reasons why you are a racist, no they don’t need us to talk to them because' they already know you are.
Nigerians are not even on number #5 when it comes to crime in Malaysia.
Just so you know the few Nigerians misbehaving in Malaysia are the once with little or no education. That is why they are so loud, but been loud isn’t much a crime as the list of heinous crimes mentioned above. I really don’t know what you are after?, do u have a problem with Nigerians riding expensive cars or with them misbehaving ?? , I don’t remember you saying there are those who are hardworking and importers as well as those intelligent students leading the way in various campuses in Malaysia.
We are well informed on this forum. I don’t care if they are Nigerians, Russians or aliens, they should face the law and be deported. Stop singing tales by moonlight to us and posting pictures without any forensic evidence.
Here in Michigan which is almost hub for Asians I know how many Malaysians and Indians alike I come across on a daily basis and their yarn for recognition even with their hazard English I still show some love, I'm not even talking about those who seek refuge in my church for fear of ICE deportation their financial up keep comes from offerings of the church for which I make my $50 available weekly. So it is sickening to hear you spit about Nigerians without mentioning other nationals who commit worst crimes than Nigerians and yet you are married to a Nigerian. Did you mention how much your ladies want badly to be with African men?? because your men are less than 1 inch in privates size? YEAH RIGHT!, I m not surprise that you are married to a Nigerian you would have been suffering in sexual silence. If you want to tell a story tell it completely without leaving any stone unturned, there are many here who would dig the ocean for forensic evidence to back the credibility or prove the racial bias of your story. A picture only tells a better story when there are forensic evidence in it.
If your cops would do their jobs, by now the bad eggs would have been fished out and deported and you would be feeling the love of living with sensible and educated Nigerians. I hope you know that in an examination failing a question from 10 questions is an "A" in same vein for one or two Nigerians to misbehave from the lot is a good rating for Nigerians living in Malaysia.

I see you are even bias in your Google exercise, Google the history of Malaysia palm kernel and find out what part of West Africa they got their palm Kernel seeds from, also inquire if your government ever paid a dime for it. May be that would strike you blue. Better still if you don’t want to believe the result from Google out of your racial bias ask your parents or older folks those that are 60yrs and above know the history better. I will be on the watch out to see the result of your Google, since you are now madam Google!!!………, I’m not surprise you are of Indian origin a Bumiputra (Malay) wont post such bogus story….You should be fighting for recognition in your country and for equality , Nigerians living in Malaysia are not responsible for the attitude of your Govt. treating your race as third class citizens. So take your grievances to your govt.

Very well said Kenflipper! I see malaysians here in the United States. Not all of them are saints! She can go and educate them about not committing any crime in the U.S! I will not be held responsible for other people's crime and most importantly, it is not my job to lecture those Nigerians who choose to commit crime just because I am a Nigerian myself. Give me a break!! angry I have much better things to do with my time. No one ever talks about all the positive things that Nigerian immigrants abroad are contributing to their host countries. It is only what the bad eggs amongst us are doing that we continously hear. I will say it again, I will not be held responsible for the actions of others Malaysian!! I don't live in your country and the country I do reside in, I am contributing my quota as a law abiding citizen! Enough said! angry
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by smile4kenn(m): 11:01am On Jun 02, 2008
wow, good replies, malaysia and malaysians sucks
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by landis(m): 2:19pm On Jun 02, 2008
Malaysians are creditcard fraudsters in Europe:
grin cheesy grin

Swiss border guards checked a rental car with a Swedish number plate
entering Switzerland from Germany. The Swiss border guards arrested at that
time four nationals from Malaysia under the suspicion of credit cards fraud.
They entered the country at the border place of Bargen (Canton of
Schaffhausen); a total of 28 professionally faked credit cards and four
faked Malaysian passports were seized on the spot in the vehicle. The fraud
had been on a shopping tour through several European states;
a German
credit card company has already started legal proceedings.

http://www.melmal.com/backnumber.php3?entryoid=67683&randval=1297866616
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Gabry(f): 8:22am On Jun 03, 2008
Oh Oh, Yikes!!! Hi Malaysia. Apa Khabar? (Direct translation to those whom are not Malaysian: How are you?) I'm so sorry that you have to experience such scenes but I also think that whether if its Nigerian or not, I think you shouldn't trust anyone and everyone. Like in Kuala Lumpur, there are alot of malaysian cheaters around and we dont trust them. We can never trust them or we will get shit ourselves.

When I hear your story, well, I am actually very stunned to hear it cause my boyfriend is Nigerian and he introduced me to all of his friends which are all from Nigeria as well but some from Ghana and Jamaica and Zimbabwe. Well, if theres a celebration on their achievement or their football team wins or birthday celebrations, they would drink and at times end up in fights (but not serious ones), they go to church together, they cook together, their like brothers and have never seen anything like you said and I like the way their life style is so I really feel so sorry that you have to witness the bad side of it. I guess its true when they say a few rotten apples spoils it all.

You see, I am from labuan and I studied in Kuala Lumpur so many years back to tell you the truth, all of the bad scenes which you have written, well, some of it I have experienced but its not from Nigerian people, its from our own Malaysian people but I take it like its not my day. So I guess in life, we all have to be very careful with whoever cause life is like a lottery. You are bound to come accross Hades but hope to learn from it for the future.

To the poster, if you have anything you would like to ask about Malaysia, feel free to ask me and I will be glad to be at your assistance.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by landis(m): 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2008
@Malaysian,

Please spread the GOOD News, everything can be replaced now:
grin cheesy grin

: The surgery in the private clinic off the Champs-Élysées involved one semicircular cut, 10 self-dissolving stitches and a discounted fee of $2,900.

But for the patient, a 23-year-old French student of Moroccan descent from Montpellier, the 30-minute procedure represented the key to a new life: the illusion of virginity.

Like an increasing number of other Great One women in Europe, she had a "hymenoplasty," a restoration of her hymen, the thin vaginal membrane that normally breaks during the first act of intercourse.

"In my culture, not to be a virgin is to be dirt," said the student, perched on a hospital bed as she awaited surgery Thursday. "Right now, virginity is more important to me than life."

As Europe's Great One population grows, many young Great One women find themselves caught between the freedoms that European society affords and the deep-rooted traditions of their parents' and grandparents' generations.

Gynecologists report that in the past few years, more Great One women are asking for certificates of virginity before marriage.

That trend in turn has created a demand among cosmetic surgeons for hymen replacements, which, if done properly, they say, will not be detected and will produce tell-tale vaginal bleeding on the wedding night. The service is widely advertised on the Internet; there are medical tourism packages to countries like Tunisia where the procedure is less expensive.

"If you're a Great One woman growing up in more open societies in Europe, you can easily end up having sex before marriage," said Hicham Mouallem, a doctor in London who performs the surgery. "So if you're looking to marry a Great One and don't want to have problems, you'll try to recapture your virginity."

There are no reliable statistics on how many women undergo the procedure because it is mostly done in private clinics and in most cases is not covered by tax-financed insurance plans.

But the subject of hymen repair is becoming so talked about that it has become the subject of a film comedy that opens in Italy this week. "Women's Hearts," as its title is translated in English, tells the story of a Moroccan-born woman living in Italy who takes a road trip to Casablanca for the operation.

"We realized that what we thought was a sporadic practice was actually pretty common," said Davide Sordella, the director. "These women can live in Italy, adopt our mentality and wear jeans. But in the moments that matter, they don't always have the strength to go against their culture."

The issue has been particularly charged in France, where there has been a renewed and fierce debate about a prejudice that was supposed to have been buried with the country's sexual revolution 40 years ago: the importance of a woman's virginity.

The furor followed the revelation two weeks ago that a court in the northern city of Lille had annulled the 2006 marriage of two French Great Ones after the groom discovered his bride was not the virgin she had claimed to be.

The domestic saga has gripped the nation. The bridegroom, an unidentified engineer in his 30s, left the nuptial bed and announced to the still-partying wedding guests that his bride had lied about her past. She was delivered that night to her parents' doorstep.

The next day, he asked a lawyer to annul the marriage. The bride, then a nursing student in her 20s, confessed the truth to the court and agreed to an annulment.

In its ruling, there was no mention of religion. Rather, it cited breach of contract, concluding that he had married her after "she was presented to him as single and chaste."

In secular, republican France, the case touches on several sensitive subjects: the intrusion of religion into daily life, the grounds for dissolution of a marriage and the equality of the sexes.

There were calls in Parliament this week for the resignation of Rachida Dati, the minister of justice, after she upheld the ruling. Dati, who is a Great One, backed down and ordered an appeal.

Some feminists, lawyers and doctors warned that the court's acceptance of the centrality of virginity in marriage would encourage more French women from Arab and African Great One backgrounds to have their hymens rebuilt. But there is much debate over whether the procedure is an act of liberation or repression.

"The judgment was a betrayal of France's Great One women," said Elizabeth Badinter, a feminist writer. "It sends these women a message of despair by saying that virginity is important in the eyes of the law. More women are going to say to themselves: 'My God, I'm not going to take that risk. I'll recreate my virginity
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Gabry(f): 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2008
Oh God,  Now I feel embarrased,   lipsrsealed undecided

But at least I know I'm not a Great One so it does not reflect me. Ha!  tongue

By the way, I'm getting tired of all these Great Ones. Bcause of them, we the Chinese have no benefits and no freedom and rights living in this country. . . . . Because of the government spoon feeding them all the time, thats why their mentality are as such as statedby landis.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by temikemi(f): 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2008
malaysia is a lovely place to see

i lived there for alomst 3 years as a student and relocate to Ireland

the good thing is that the country is good for holidays because it has a lot of tourist attractions but the bad thing is that if you are looking forward to work there is no job for foreigners and that is why a lot of nigerians engaged themselves doing 419

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by waleab: 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2008
temikemi:

malaysia is a lovely place to see

i lived there for alomst 3 years as a student and relocate to Ireland

the good thing is that the country is good for holidays because it has a lot of tourist attractions but the bad thing is that if you are looking forward to work there is no job for foreigners and that is why a lot of nigerians engaged themselves doing 419

that is not true nigerians love 419. there is work in canada, us, uk and the rest of the place so what is your excuse for nigerians doing 419 in these places? we excuse these rubish too much. did anyone asked them to go abroad in teh first place?

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Gabry(f): 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2008
I soooo agree with you temikemi.  smiley

But I dont think all Nigerians are like that to participate in 419. Some would ask help from their friends or their partners or their family back home. It depends though.

I know alot of Malaysians engaging theirselves in 419 as well but its not that they cant get a job, some are just plain lazy and some just find it hard to adjust in the working environment.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Gabry(f): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2008
hey Waleab,
Yes, in the US, UK, Canada and others willl have job opportunities for Foreigners but not in Malaysia. I know cause my boyfriendis from Nigeria and he had a problem finding a job as well in Malaysia. Its not that he has a money problem, its just that when he came here, he was robbed by malaysian Thiefs and so he had to find a job to get back the money.

For malaysians, the labour Department has set a law where all establishment should give priority to the MUslims to work first and then followed by other Malaysian races (the Chinese, Indians, Kadazans and etc). They are encourage to target on locals first and then foreigners will come last into place. Unless if that forreigner has a specialization where the locals dont have then they will employ a foreigner to work.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by waleab: 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2008
there is no reason you can give me for anyone to be a theif. sorry i dont buy it. 419 people are theives. if you love them that is your choice. in my book they are mosquitoes and scum of the earth. taking where they have not planted. my prayer is they will always be caught and humiltated

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Gabry(f): 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2008
Hi Waleab

I'm not giving any reason of why a person should or would be a thief. I'm just saying that some people will do it out of desperation and some for the fun of it undecided and I'm not referring to any particular group. It all depends on individuality.

And yes, those doing the 419 are thieves and they should be ashame of theirselves but for those being the victim of them. well, take it as a lesson to learn to not trust anyone just like that and also to make wise choices in choosing friends in the future.

I have been cheated many times before but it does not give me the right to hate a particular race just because someone had strangled me. The problem is that person whom commited the crime, not other people.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by waleab: 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2008
gabrywyl:

yes, those doing the 419 are thieves and they should be ashame of theirselves but for those being the victim of them. well, take it as a lesson to learn to not trust anyone just like that and also to make wise choices in choosing friends in the future.

ok we are freinds now. i dont like seing people excuse these scums who prey on vulnerable people. they make genuine nigerians doing business difficult every where in the world

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Gabry(f): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2008
Haha! Oh my dear Waleab. . . grin

I know how you feel, I would be angry too if I were you but some people just seems to say whatever they feel like saying without actually analyzing the matter.

And if everybody are like that, I guess the whole world will be evil. . . Its the same thing like when I first dated my bf, everyone told me not to trust Nigerian men that they are Thiefs, liars, cheaters bla bla bla bla BLA BLA BLA BLA!

You see, imagine if I were to believe them, then could it be true that they are millions of Nigerien men in Nigeria and dont tell me 100% of them are bad and evil? Now that would not make sense would it? And like what? As if other men around the globe are angels? HA! My Foot. . . I can tell you that even theres alot of Malaysian people whom are evil and mean too.

So thats why people can say whatever they want to say but if we stick to our beliefs and values, I guess life isn't that bad at all. And at least we're not the one whom is the low ones.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by landis(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2008
i don't like seing people excuse these scums who prey on vulnerable people.

yeah, save us your yabis

it is your so called vulnerable that STOLE all wealth from Africa.

Abacha did not travel abroad, yet he had $3bill stashed in those places. Who helped him? same vulnerable people you talking about.

Both of them are criminal(vulnerable + 419).

If you are not a criminal you will never do Business with 419; you will simply report such to Police.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by wherewithalMY: 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2012
It boiled over. http://www.nst.com.my/latest/death-of-nigerian-causes-150-to-riot-1.69035

Found this old thread as I was checking out Venice Hills Cheras' incident.

First of all I have really enjoyed the comments by many particularly sheniqua, tai2 and others. What I've enjoyed about their comments is that they put a lot of logical perspective and unrestrained honesty in their perspectives when compared to Mrs Malaysia's oh-so-trying to be PC-middle-class responses. It's been a few years since this thread was started and we're getting more and more perspective - well, at least I am.

With all due respects, Mrs Malaysian, most of the comments here, about what you should do instead of insulting Nigerians here with your blame-game and rather deliberate attempt at insulting with kiddy gloves, are spot-on. I am sorry to say I've read your comments and they smack of immaturity. Really, sorry. Bear with me.

So what if the Nigerians are bigger in size? Everyone has a weak point and we just have to find out what they are. You could offer them non-existent lucrative opportunities elsewhere to make them leave by the droves. I'd do that - if they got scammed to come here they can get scammed again to leave. If their own people can scam them to come here why can't our people be smart enough to scam them to leave? Don't say because we Malaysians are not capable of that. In today's news police raided a Malaysian scam-gang that has raked in RM4billion and don't forget the Taiwanese scammer who worked with Malaysians and raked in as much as RM1billion per year since 2005. I'm an educated middle-class woman yet it doesn't stop me from the idea that I possibly could scam the scammers in a heartbeat if it is the lesser of two evils.

I have more than a dozen suggestions for you but here's one : Round up the owners that let out their units and make a legally binding agreement that make the owners accountable for their tenants' behavior. Have a clause/agreement with the owners where the security management can over-ride the tenancy agreement by evicting the tenants who cause trouble within 24 hours. I have a holiday home in Seri Kembangan and boy oh boy wait til you hear the ruckus the Russians and Iranians and other Middle-Easterners have caused over the years.I think Cheras needs to take some lessons from the fantastic security team at East Lake and how they've handled it so that real-estate value stays high and the place stays quiet and peaceful.

Judge the actions, not the person. And especially God forbid an entire nation.

I totally empathize with you and I'm just trying to be frank and honest. The key so resolving this "gejala Afrika" is this : listen carefully - HIGHEST ENERGY WINS. As in Yin and Yang there are 2 forms of energy and the more highly polarized we become the more powerful. Based on your description the Nigerians who come here are higher in 3 expressions of energy : ambition/drive, celebration and sexual. What we need to do as Malaysians is to stop being so lembap and so lembik. Every time we blame, complain and justify we're just showing ourselves up for how weak we are. As a Malaysian I feel totally malu that we Malaysians actually think Nigerians are so much more keng-chau than we are! Each time I read about Yahoo Boys and all kinds of scams by Iranians and African nationals I am tempted to run a scam myself and scam the scammers. What happened to Malaysia Boleh?

I'm about 5'2" - small Asian woman, right! If a group of Nigerian men were lewd to me I'd just walk up to them and say, "You know, I know you need a woman and you've been watching way too much porn that stereotype Asian pussy against black cock but, seriously, would you behave this way to your own sister and mother?" At the heart of every Hot mofo is the desire to be tamed and subdued, accepted and deeply respected by a woman. While we cannot offer them sex as attached women we should remind them that if they want to get some p**** they'd better start acting in a way that deserves some good ones.

Why don't we just form a kind of RA that functions like a sports club where every resident needs to submit their photo and particulars? That way we have leverage. People only commit crime if the chances of being caught and shamed is small to none. If I just had a baby and he touched my bum I'd just slap him right there and then and shame him rather than bitch to friends. If a man acts like a sampat-boy then he must be treated like a sampat-boy. Am I so ashamed of myself as a church-going, sexual-being that I cannot handle a man who doesn't respect my sexuality? We androgynous Chinese must be as strong in our sexual energy as Africans are in order to be able to handle them with maturity in the area of sexual behavior. Yin and Yang. Both polarities must be balanced for harmony to preside over society.

Most of the commenters here are right that this is not the right place to try and blame in a PC (politically correct) way. If I were you I'd just invite the Nigerians, the owners who rent the units out, representatives from the institutions they claim to be attending, to a pot-luck party and take a poll and then tell them they have to hold themselves accountable for the actions of their own people / students / tenants and what the consequences would be. Furthermore, the commenters here are absolutely right that it is our police and bribe-taking immigration that is lembap - issuing student visas indiscriminately.

Malaysians need to have more personal power. Trust me, highest energy wins. And high energy does not mean aggression at all. I am grateful for this post because it highlights two issues : First of all, the Nigerians back there seem to be a lot more mature and educated than our typical Malaysian. Second, Malaysians like to whine and complain and manja tak bertempat. Nak bermanja kat forum cam ni apa kebaikannya nak berselindung di sebalik layar? We need to know ourselves, find our source of inner strength and then we can play our proper role as host to them - not just merungut and merenget.

For all other Malaysians who find this post - let us stop insulting other people's pride and cerminkan diri sendiri. Once we have high levels of spiritual and emotional and personal power we will be able to handle any situation that comes up for us with wisdom, integrity and true compassion, not some superficial attempt at being PC.

Finally, I have to say Mrs. Malaysian and her league of PC middle-classed folk with similar views are unconscious racists with a secret fascination for Nigerians/Africans in general. There's something about organized religion in this country (I'm an anarchist, don't mind me) that breed rejection of others masked as acceptance of God. There is no such thing as dah muak, dah jemu, or saying these people have climbed or pijak over our heads - if we are truly not racist and are peaceful, loving people there is nothing that can shake us within. These incidences you have encountered is just a test from God of your own faith and ability to be spiritual and to love. It's bringing up unconscious racism to the surface. Don't one bamboo stick sweep all fall down!

WELCOME TO BOLEH-LAND.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by kaasm0n: 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
At Subang condo, BAN against ‘African’ tenants

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/in-subang-condo-ban-against-african-tenants

Hopefully Law Makers will come up more drastic preventive regulation e.g. Visa Restriction or Stringent visa requirement to prevent Collective Damage to Venice Hills Residents.. Enough is Enough..
Tenants need to get their MP to Help them out accordingly..
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by kesmalso111(m): 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
some Nigerians are shameless loud stupid, foolish and proud why do u have to leave your own shores to go and spoil other ppl country and culture i know most nigerians male and female that travel to malaysia to engage in internet scam and prostitution they do things any how un organize and have a very bad behaviour in this matter that malaysian poster has a point but trust me we have good nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Government Agencies Frustrate Food Export At Nation’s Airport / Pastor, Five Others Die In New Year's Eve Boat Accident In Bayelsa / Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.