Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! (13925 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 3:28am On May 28, 2008
I have already listed the type of lewd remarks and acts performed in front of women and children in my very first post. I have not encountered such acts from a local man near us. The residential area where I live is a large one, respectable  and it is also a gated community. But of course when rent is shared by 10 people all crammed into a 1540 sq. feet apartment, it seems affordable.

Making a pass at a women carrying a newborn baby in church is not acceptable in our culture.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 3:31am On May 28, 2008
Please could you kindly tell me what this man did in church
did he grab her breasts?
did he pat her on the bum bum?
did he smile at her?
did he invite her for a sexcapade?
what do you call making a pass because it's obvious your definition could be different.

and making a pass at a woman with a new born baby is not a cause for celebration in my culture neither does it require death by hanging.
if a man makes inapropriate passes,you look away and keep walking.
You can't be resposnsible for anothers behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 3:34am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

I have already listed the type of lewd remarks and acts performed in front of women and children in my very first post. I have not encountered such acts from a local man near us.

and yet there are rapes in Malaysia by malaysians how come?
You need to venture out sometimes
Visit other places and broaden your horizon.
No wonder some lunatics are bent on covering you folks with burquas and sandals since every thing has a sexual connotion to you all.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by 4Him1(m): 3:36am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

I can tell you this, better options are available to Nigerians in Thailand, the Phillipines, Indonesia and Singapore. But not Malaysia. Nigeria seems like a very wealthy nation and I cannot understand why Nigerians even end up here in Malaysia where there are almost no job opportunities for the educated Nigerian.

These same asian hypocrites are the largest group of immigrants to the US and Europe. Why dont you tell your citizens to return to Malaysia and go shut themselves up there.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by 4Him1(m): 3:38am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

Making a pass at a women carrying a newborn baby in church is not acceptable in our culture.

is that why u've been crying all along?  shocked
Heard of Joseph Fritzl from Austria? Perhaps that is Austrian culture, maybe u'd be wary of Austrians or Germans from now on? Awww no, they are white so you can overlook their crimes eh. Racist!
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 3:39am On May 28, 2008
The colonial rulers brought in many Indian as forced labourers to my country. That is how my ancestors ended up here. Not willingly but because of circumstances. The lack of funds further stopped them from returning to their country of birth. This is why they have decided to adopt Malaysia as their homes. This happened about 4 generations ago wiping out almost every connection most of those of Indian ethnicity may have had in their birth land.

This is a Nigerian forum, therefore it seems most appropriate to post my message here smiley
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 3:41am On May 28, 2008
Sheniqua, he patted her on the bum and said he liked the way she walked. My friend was taken aback and had only told us about the incident several weeks after it had happened.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 3:43am On May 28, 2008
Skin colour is a non issue really. White, Black, Blue or Green -- every one has to respect the local custom of places they choose to visit.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 3:44am On May 28, 2008
4 Him:

is that why u've been crying all along? shocked
Heard of Joseph Fritzl from Austria? Perhaps that is Austrian culture, maybe u'd be wary with Austrians or Germans from now on? Awww no, they are white so you can overlook their crimes eh. Racist!

how would she?
Jeffrey dahmer that made barbecue and peppersoup with the genitals and torsos of his numerous victims was merely acting out the American culture.
and all the Indian decscedants in Malaysiawho have raped,pillaged and stolen are all acting according to Indian culture.
You can always sniff out a racist from miles away
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 3:45am On May 28, 2008
As I mentioned before, the condo is a gated community. Even with security we face much problems. The sheer size of the Nigerians scare the small bodied security. They do try.

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by 4Him1(m): 3:50am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

Sheniqua, he patted her on the bum and said he liked the way she walked. My friend was taken aback and had only told us about the incident several weeks after it had happened.

and this is your main grouse?  grin Maybe you just need someone to pat you on the bum too.
Americans do this on a daily basis . . . make sure you tear down your flag that is an obviously shameless plagiarism of the US flag . . . British boys are no better . . . remove the Ferris wheel that is another shameless copying of the London eye too . . . afterall why would you want to associate Malaysia with such lewd cultures.

malaysian:

Skin colour is a non issue really. White, Black, Blue or Green -- every one has to respect the local custom of places they choose to visit.

Those who wont vote Obama based on race preface their "defence" with the above baloney. We wear the brown skin so we know better, we can read between the lines. Have no fear, Malaysia is not on the list of countries i consider a sane person shld visit. I don't want a God's great law, burqa-wearing people around me.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 3:50am On May 28, 2008
This is the residential area I am talking about. As you can see, it is hardly a ghetto and rent would seem affordable when 10 share a single apartment.

This is where the incident where a bunch of Nigerians decided to rub on their privates to mums supervising the kids at the kiddie pool took place, The bridge separates the adult pool from the kiddie pool.

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by tai2(m): 3:51am On May 28, 2008
Nigerians and the speed with which they rush to defend themselves without ascertaining the veracity of the situation. Why is it mostly Nigerians people have a problem with when it comes to Africans in Diaspora? Even in Ghana next door has problems with us. Let us face the facts, we have serious issues and denying them is not the way to proceed. We had better focus on developing our own country and crowing like cocks here instead of making a nuisance in other peoples countries when we are guests in those countries.

Wasn't it the same Malaysia some Nigerian students were rioting in the other day? Trust the Malaysian government to deport them sharp sharp. If we don't respect ourselves, don't expect the rest of the world to respect us.

Yes, there are bad eggs everywhere but seem to make a habit of making the whole crate look like one spoiled batch of eggs.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 3:52am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

you know why this is so odd to me.
I spent my growing years in Nigeria and have been around Nigerians all my life and has never had a total stranger pat my bum while making a comment and to say this happened in Church sounds more bizzare.
Nigerians are respectful of married women as a culture so if this indeed did happen as you said it,the guy obviously was wrong and it's nothing Nigerian,he is simply a dog and they come in all cultures.
Spend a little time and find out about the general reputation of Indians worlwide andyou'll see that stereotyping will get you no where.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 3:57am On May 28, 2008
Sheniqua, it was just as shocking to my friend. We certainly did not expect this to happen ourselves. But then after reading some of the posts at this forum, I found the general consensus here felt Malaysian women are of the loose sort with absolutely no moral values. News like this probably gave the guy the impression that he would get away with anything.

I totally believe you when you say a Nigerian man would not attempt such lewd acts in his own country.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Nobody: 3:58am On May 28, 2008
tai2:

Nigerians and the speed with which they rush to defend themselves without ascertaining the veracity of the situation. Why is it mostly Nigerians people have a problem with when it comes to Africans in Diaspora? Even in Ghana next door has problems with us. Let us face the facts, we have serious issues and denying them is not the way to proceed. We had better focus on developing our own country and crowing like cocks here instead of making a nuisance in other peoples countries when we are guests in those countries.

Wasn't it the same Malaysia some Nigerian students were rioting in the other day? Trust the Malaysian government to deport them sharp sharp. If we don't respect ourselves, don't expect the rest of the world to respect us.

Yes, there are bad eggs everywhere but seem to make a habit of making the whole crate look like one spoiled batch of eggs.

Totally agree with you on this. . .str8 to the point, Nigerians go issues. . . .so does other countries

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by 4Him1(m): 3:59am On May 28, 2008
4Her:

Totally agree with you on this. . .str8 to the point, Nigerians go issues. . . .so does other countries

u're supposed to be doing something else now wink
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 4:01am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

This is the residential area I am talking about. As you can see, it is hardly a ghetto and rent would seem affordable when 10 share a single apartment.

This is where the incident where a bunch of Nigerians decided to rub on their privates to mums supervising the kids at the kiddie pool took place, The bridge separates the adult pool from the kiddie pool.

I would be the last person to defend deviants but your stereotyping is getting on my nerves.
Nigerian men steal,commit arson,handle themselves in public and molest nursing mothers.
That's the summary of your posts yet I'm Nigerian married to a Nigerian who is lawabiding,an accomplished man in his field and well published.
So what does that make him?
A malaysian?
Here in this forum are tons of  upright Nigerian males.
In every country in the world there are Nigerians living honest lives who have made tremendous breakthroghs and here you are struggling to convince us that NIgerians are all criminals.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 4:04am On May 28, 2008
Sheniqua, again I agree with you. I am speaking about the Nigerians who reside in the same residential area as me. Again I have no generalised anyone here. I can only speak about what I know and see for myself. It has become a major problem for us here, in my residential area. As I mentioned before, I posted here because this is a Nigerian forum and of course I realise there are many upright men here and I do hope the good among you will educate the few bad eggs who have spoilt it for you.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Nobody: 4:04am On May 28, 2008
4 Him:

u're supposed to be doing something else now wink
I'm done. . .
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by Tonim(f): 4:05am On May 28, 2008
I think the Malaysian just doesn't want the Nigerians living in her gated community and is just making up excuses.

4 Him:

i
s that why u've been crying all along? shocked
Heard of Joseph Fritzl from Austria? Perhaps that is Austrian culture, maybe u'd be wary of Austrians or Germans from now on? Awww no, they are white so you can overlook their crimes eh. Racist!

lol 4Him. Really good point wink

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by tai2(m): 4:09am On May 28, 2008
sheniqua:

That's the summary of your posts yet I'm Nigerian married to a Nigerian who is lawabiding,an accomplished man in his field and well published.
So what does that make him?
A malaysian?
Here in this forum are tons of upright Nigerian males.
In every country in the world there are Nigerians living honest lives who have made tremendous breakthroghs and here you are struggling to convince us that NIgerians are all criminals.

Bad eggs usually reinforce stereotypes, you should know that. In Nigeria, the stereotype is Igbo men are conniving SOB's who will sell their mothers if it made them money, Yoruba people are noisy trumpets and Hausa folks are illiterates and dagger-wielding fanatics. You see these stereotypes on a daily basis on Nigerian television and played out in your neigbourhoods, why complain when we're busy reinforcing the stereotypes in faraway Malaysia?

When we focus on developing our own economy and stop FedEx'ing our students to foreign shores to eke out a living, when we build a country that leverages what we have to the maximum, then the stereotypes will subside and we can embarrass ourselves here instead of doing it on the world stage.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 4:11am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

Sheniqua, again I agree with you. I am speaking about the Nigerians who reside in the same residential area as me. Again I have no generalised anyone here. I can only speak about what I know and see for myself. It has become a major problem for us here, in my residential area. As I mentioned before, I posted here because this is a Nigerian forum and of course I realise there are many upright men here and[b] I do hope the good among you will educate the few bad eggs who have spoilt it for you.[/b]

that is total rubbish.
if they commit a crime they need to be tried and punished.
Just like I will not send you to educate yiour malaysian sisters that choose to be married to one man and be his tilth.
You cannot ask me to educate a country of over 130 million like I were addressing a tribal gathering.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 4:15am On May 28, 2008
Sheniqua, even if we can change the mind of one person in a nation of 130 million, something has already been achieved. That one person could possibly talk to another ten and it can go on and on. I will never underestimate the power of the internet especially after the change it brought about in my own country.

The Muslim law stipulates a man can have up to 4 wives. This is an international battle. More and more Muslim women are rising up to speak against this law smiley They will always have my support.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 4:17am On May 28, 2008
tai2:

Bad eggs usually reinforce stereotypes, you should know that. In Nigeria, the stereotype is Igbo men are conniving SOB's who will sell their mothers if it made them money, Yoruba people are noisy trumpets and Hausa folks are illiterates and dagger-wielding fanatics. You see these stereotypes on a daily basis on Nigerian television and played out in your neigbourhoods, why complain when we're busy reinforcing the stereotypes in faraway Malaysia?

When we focus on developing our own economy and stop FedEx'ing our students to foreign shores to eke out a living, when we build a country that leverages what we have to the maximum, then the stereotypes will subside and we can embarrass ourselves here instead of doing it on the world stage.

How do you know this and this individual doesn't.
I know there are Nigerians giving Nigeria a bad name but we must not allow people like this poster get away with this stereotypes as though every Nigerian is a criminal.
It hurts you and me whether we like it or not
She just told us earlier Malaysian women have a reputation of being loose maybe that explans why a stranger would touch a womans bum bum in a church.
Do you know how many he touched that led to a touch down ?
There's no smoke without fire.
Can I now because of that assume all Malaysian women are whores ?
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by tai2(m): 4:18am On May 28, 2008
Lagos is one filthy mess. Port Harcourt is no less a dump , so why should our citizens understand how to cherish the peace and solitude in another man's land? We know ourselves but we will keep masquerading behind the "there are bad eggs everywhere" excuses.

i) Yes, NEPA doesn't provide electricity after all even in America, they have blackouts.

ii) Politicians are looting the country blind. Why not? After all even in the United Kingdom, politicians are corrupt.

, there are many other examples of such ignorant excuses, but we all know the truth. We tend to misbehave a little too much. I'm yet to see a situation in a foreign country where Nigerians do not announce themselves in the most arrogant of manners, a guest should not have the rights to.

Nobody likes to see themselves and their countrymen portrayed in a bad light and it is only patriotic if we instinctively rush to their defense and the defense of the Green White Green, but when everyone starts complaining, we ought to check ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 4:19am On May 28, 2008
malaysian:

Sheniqua, even if we can change the mind of one person in a nation of 130 million, something has already been achieved. That one person could possibly talk to another ten and it can go on and on. I will never underestimate the power of the internet especially after the change it brought about in my own country.

The Great One law stipulates a man can have up to 4 wives. This is an international battle. More and more Great One women are rising up to speak against this law smiley They will always have my support.

I posted a link earlier maybe in your thread about an Indian looking cabbie that raped an underaged girl
How much counseling did he and other Indian desendants get from you?
Or it all matters when the criminal is Nigerian?
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 4:20am On May 28, 2008
Sheniqua, this is what I posted about what I understood some Nigerians here think about Malaysian women and not as what you have indicated above. I hope you re read what I have actually posted and not twist my words to mean something else smiley

"Sheniqua, it was just as shocking to my friend. We certainly did not expect this to happen ourselves. But then after reading some of the posts at this forum, I found the general consensus here felt Malaysian women are of the loose sort with absolutely no moral values. News like this probably gave the guy the impression that he would get away with anything."[color=#770077][/color]

I have been as amicable as possible and I have only shown you much respect thus far.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by malaysian: 4:24am On May 28, 2008
Sheniqua, I am an activist at heart and will march, rant, vent and speak I will to get my voice out speaking against any atrocities committed by anyone (blue, black, green or pink) against someone.

As I have mentioned earlier, and I will say it again, this is a Nigerian problem and thats why I have posted my message here. No doubt it will cause you to think, ponder and react in the most negative manner but address it we must.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by tai2(m): 4:25am On May 28, 2008
This is why Femi Kuti sang his , "I sorry for Nigeria" song in South Africa and people were shouting the guy was an unpatriotic idiot. That's why they say we are the world's happiest people, we're living in denial. You only need to see the queues at Walter Carrington, Anifowoshe et al. to know that there is a big problem somewhere.
Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 4:25am On May 28, 2008
My last response to you Mrs malaysian would be one of my first.
If you catch a Nigerian criminal in Malaysia,deal with him as you would any other criminals.
Victims of rape in Malaysia wouldn't be more relieved if the attackers were native Malays than Ibibio.
Have a good day!

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! by sheniqua: 4:31am On May 28, 2008
tai2:

This is why Femi Kuti sang his , "I sorry for Nigeria" song in South Africa and people were shouting the guy was an unpatriotic idiot. That's why they say we are the world's happiest people, we're living in denial. You only need to see the queues at Walter Carrington, Anifowoshe et al. to know that there is a big problem somewhere.

It may interest you to know that Nigerians in the USA are an inconsequential number compared to the  Irish,Cubans,Italians,Russians,Mexicans,Chinese,Indians and many other nationalities.
Go to embassies from Mexico city to Juarez and see the line up not to talk of millions that cross the borders annually.
Go the the Isl'amic countries and see assylum seekers struggling to flee.
Nigerians are not the only ones emigrating to the West and our numbers are nothing compared to the general immigrant population.

Almost all these Nationalities make up a large number such that New Orleans has an Indian mayor.
There are tons of Mexican congressmen and chinese reps I don't know any Nigerian in a state legislature but there are Haitians and cubans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

France & Europe: Experience Through The Eyes Of A Nigerian (Photojournal) / The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread / How Government Agencies Frustrate Food Export At Nation’s Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.