Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted (17368 Views)

Check Out This Pro Amaechi Banner. PICTURE. / 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC / Pictures Of A Pro-Amaechi Rally In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Abagworo(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2013
hardywaltz: I know may of you have never heard of Paliamentary priviledges as long as it happened on the floor of the paliament Chidi Lloyd isn't going anywhere.
PS:
Chidi Llyod should be hailed as a hero and defender of democracy. What where the 'childish five' expecting when trying to carry out a mutinity.

It is Evans Bipi that should be prosecuted for initiating teenagers into cultism and openly declaring membership of a secret cult. This happened outside the house and hence is not covered by any immunity.

1 Like

Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by dondaddycares(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2013
djeezy: In sophisticated countries like US and England, Lloyd would have been arrested and charged for assault forthwith. In Nigeria, we have numerous laws and yet still legally backward which is tantamount to the great number of churches we have and yet still morally corrupt. There is a clear video showing an apparent assault and yet the perpetrator is still at large. What kind of lawless society is this? The Nigerian politics is even a mess, whatever happend to the rule in Foss v. Harbottle. If it was the hoi polloi involved in cases of assault, that is when the police will act swiftly.smh.

Bro d rule in Foss v Harbottle deals wt company proceedings to d effect dat d minority will have dia say while d majority will have dia way...later exceptions were developed for it as codified in Second 300 CAMA and d case of Daniels v Daniels. I believe dia z no nexus b/w d rule in Foss v Harbottle and d scuffle@Rivers House of Assembly cuz d former deals wt civil suit while d later deals wt criminal... I believe dats just a slip on ur part...Happy sunday
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Artlove(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2013
God bless nigeria undecided
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by favour101(m): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2013
Chidi lloyd has met his waterloo
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by kokoA(m): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2013
The truth be told.. There is nothing that can be done. What happened in the house is part of law making grin lol.. It happened in the chambers and the police is got no right in there.. In my opinion though, they (pro and anti) should all be arrested and flogged with quality koboko on their bare arses.
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Goddex: 11:28am On Jul 14, 2013
From The Nation Newspaper, Tinubu and APC mouthpiece ?

From The Nation Newspaper, Tinubu and APC mouthpiece?

However, eventhough the disgusting newspaper is known for biased reportage, from the video, Chidi Loyds and that Policeman (I don't know but I hear he is Ameachi's orderly) should be arrested immediately, prosecuted and put behind bars.

This stupid good-for-nothing (except for Akara) newspaper should desist from trying to justify such wicked aggression by Chidi Loyds on his fellow member as "acting in self defense "

1 Like

Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by ogb5(m): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2013
nwabobo:

Going by the part in bold above, the writer and editor of this article are plain stupid. What do they mean by Chidi Lloyd acted in self defence? Do they know what self defence is. From the video I saw, Chidi Lloyd was the aggressor; grabbing the mace and bashing that guy on the headis attempted murder. If Chidi Lloyd was attacked earlier, he should have sought redress through appropriate channels.

The abominable role some media has been playing is quite mind bugling. The stupid piece was all written to paint those pro Amaechi politicians as being victims. Lloyd is not a victim of being targeted by anyone, he is a grown man who chose to club his fellow man unconscious.

An animal like that shouldn't be making laws for sane people.
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 14, 2013
The stroy is not interesting at all. We all know Nation is Tinibu's paper. They have failed. All e want is to put pressure on the govt not to prosecute Gov. Amechi's ADC who took side while the fight lasted. Tinubue and his wuruwuru life.
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by kutchs: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2013
Chidi Lloyd should pray to his God to spare the life of Chinda otherwise not even the ICJ or APC can save him. No matter the ‘provocation‘ such brutality and beastiality is uncalled for.

I support the prosecution, let all those both pro and anti Amaechi go and clear their names, whoever is found to have breached peace should be sent to the gallows cos thats what he deserves.

1 Like

Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by dondaddycares(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2013
collynzo2: I believe many of those who commented before me didn't read the above part. But don't the lawmakers know how to use youtube? They should upload the evidence right away.

It seems pple don't know d meaning of self-defence. Any act done when an aggression has ceased is no longer self defence,it becomes premeditated and if death results from it,den it becomes murder. Clearly Chidi Lloyd was seen in d video assaulting and not defending. Even if he was previously assaulted but d preious assault had ceased b4 he began his own assault,clearly dats not self defence. We should stop sensationalising issues@OP so as to attarct readers,ur report should be without sentiment or if u don't know anything about law den u shouldn't cite it@all so as not to mislead d unwary.

4 Likes

Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by figment232(m): 11:35am On Jul 14, 2013
guass: For the fact that Mr President, GEJ, will never listen to advice from Nigerians for now,I therefore urge his Pastor to advise GEJ to make a U turn and desists from any further evil plan, if any, against Rivers State.
He(GEJ) should openly announce (not thru his ministers) on TVs or other media that he totally condemns the misdemeanor from both factions in Rivers State.
And that he is not also in support of the Jangajaga faction of the NGF.
That his love for democracy makes him to stay on the side of free and fair elections.
He should remember that Nigerians are watching the events in Rivers State closely
That "IF ONE MAN COOKS FOR THE MASSES, THE MASSES ALWAYS FINISH THE FOOD, BUT IF THE MASSES COOK FOR ONE MAN, HE CANNOT FINISH THE FOOD."
U re highly demented
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Cheggoon(m): 11:39am On Jul 14, 2013
All the was caused by Bipi...and Chidi lloyd shouldn't gone to such extent...but dis-hounarable Bipi should be jail, for causing all dis wahala..

1 Like

Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:39am On Jul 14, 2013
I've always tried to understand the evil Governor Amaechi committed against Madam PEJ. I think now I get it. The Governor is hindering Oil bunkering by Militants. Just a suslpicion though.

With Asari and co. against the Governor. With thugs invading the house of assembly. It is clear the militants are against the Governor especially with the Governor's stance against the armnesty program.

1 Like

Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by walexbiz(m): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2013
guass: For the fact that Mr President, GEJ, will never listen to advice from Nigerians for now,I therefore urge his Pastor to advise GEJ to make a U turn and desists from any further evil plan, if any, against Rivers State.
He(GEJ) should openly announce (not thru his ministers) on TVs or other media that he totally condemns the misdemeanor from both factions in Rivers State.
That his love for democracy makes him to stay on the side of free and fair elections.
He should remember that Nigerians are watching the events in Rivers State closely
That "IF ONE MAN COOKS FOR THE MASSES, THE MASSES ALWAYS FINISH THE FOOD, BUT IF THE MASSES COOK FOR ONE MAN, HE CANNOT FINISH THE FOOD."

dont fool yourself this is the handy work of mrs ppej and she cannont absolev herself of these mess. And she also should be questioned so as to unravel what happened at river state
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by genali(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2013
[b][/b]What is wrong with Villa? it is not by force that everyone should submit to ur wills
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Abagworo(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2013
dondaddycares:

It seems pple don't know d meaning of self-defence. Any act done when an aggression has ceased is no longer self defence,it becomes premeditated and if death results from it,den it becomes murder. Clearly Chidi Lloyd was seen in d video assaulting and not defending. Even if he was previously assaulted but d preious assault had ceased b4 he began his own assault,clearly dats not self defence.

You are right. Vengeance has never been justified by any law in the world. Lloyd's action was more like vengeance than self-defense and he would have been prosecuted if it happened outside the house chambers. Prosecuting him now is illegal already.

1 Like

Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:49am On Jul 14, 2013
jackbauersballs:

No Last Bullet?
lol! It was not needed in that post.
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Exodus2k(m): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2013
Am not supprised at all because this is a lawless country. I rest my case
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by deletrue: 11:56am On Jul 14, 2013
DIVINE78:
In sophisticated countries like US and England neurosurgeons would be working on your brain. What lead to the fracas should be the first question, ok? Why did Bipi and 4 other lawmakers came to the assembly with thugs to disrupt the proceeding and take over the venue? Bros no let me vex for you o.
Show the world your supporting standpoint now. Why this time waiting.
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by meforyou1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Chidi lloyd can claim temporary insanity

2 Likes

Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
Exodus#2k:
Am not supprised at all because this is a lawless country. I rest my case

Suprised at what?
This article is a very poor attempt at propaganda!

Whosoever wrote this and those who agreed to publish it at the very reason Nigeria is chaotic.

The writer and his supportes are all rascals. This is junk journalism taken too far! I am ashamed of this gross misconduct by our media practitioners!

In this case of lawlessness, those who farmented trouble should be punished. Being anti-Amaechi or pro-Wike does not confer on anyone the right to be lawless and stupid.

Or we should let them get away with gross irresponsibilty because they are proAmaechi or anti-Wike.

The enquiry should look into the matter and punish whosoever is guilty of lawlessness. We have a video evidence, anybody with other evidence should submit them.

The tendency is to believe whatever the tout called Amaechi and his rascals have said or to accept whatever the one man riot called Wike and his gang of social menace have said, it only depends on sentiments!

Amechi and his gang are no different from Wike and his own gang. They are all guilty of crimes against humanity!

This so called opposition is nothing but a bunch of opportunists. They are even politicism lawlessness!

Haba!
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by nwadaigbo: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
J12: Arrest Chidi Lloyd now! He reminds me of one murderer in that Aluu video.
i think that chidi loyyd or whatever he calls his name is from aluu or that he has a blood relationship with them. He is inhuman and acted as a beast. He is omara mma n'iru turu ebu n'ime. Deal with him for all i care
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by enyice(m): 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2013
me_for_you: Chidi lloyd can claim temporary insanity

Perhaps, that will be enough reason for his constituency to recall him as their representative and elect someone else as they cannt afford to have a madman representing them... He'll therefore be confined to the psychiatric hospital in Yaba.

2 Likes

Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by jay2k(m): 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
hardywaltz: I know may of you have never heard of Paliamentary priviledges as long as it happened on the floor of the paliament Chidi Lloyd isn't going anywhere.
PS:
Chidi Llyod should be hailed as a hero and defender of democracy. What where the 'childish five' expecting when trying to carry out a mutinity.
my broda dont mind dis fools on NL waitin for d slites opotunity to unvail dea ignorance....dey tink gej nd his cohorts will jst pack d pro-amaechi's to prison cos dey be foul...my man jst tell dem dat dea is notin lik dat,...kkk after all somtin led to somtin nd dat is y it wount b wat u guys tink kk..
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by deandavid(m): 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
The only video i have been seeing is a guy probably from aluu, hitting a fellow human with a broken supose symbol of authority. If i may ask wat camp is dat aluu man in, pro or anti ameachi?
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by deandavid(m): 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
jay2k: my broda dont mind dis fools on NL waitin for d slites opotunity to unvail dea ignorance....dey tink gej nd his cohorts will jst pack d pro-amaechi's to prison cos dey be foul...my man jst tell dem dat dea is notin lik dat,...kkk after all somtin led to somtin nd dat is y it wount b wat u guys tink kk..
bros u mean sumtin led u to wanting to kill an harmless man? If there are evidences to show that the aluu guy was 1st attacked, then he should post it for the world to see.
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by seankay(m): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
jackbauersballs:

No Last Bullet?
Bullet don finish atlast.Back to the matter,Nothing will come out of it on the long run!
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Ekans: 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
Believe it or not,the man Chinda will not press charges against Chidi Lolyd.Na dem dem all the way.
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Pontaboki: 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
Who are the masses?,Useless fool,writing from Ebutemeta
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Bright2(m): 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
Soon & very soon,we will see a clear penalty without goal keeper in the post missed!Chidi Lion,get your 2 sans now for crime defence,no more self defence.
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by djon78(m): 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
Abagworo:

You are right. Vengeance has never been justified by any law in the world. Lloyd's action was more like vengeance than self-defense and he would have been prosecuted if it happened outside the house chambers. Prosecuting him now is illegal already.

did u just think b4 u wrote that thing, so inside the house chambers they are protected? Then a lawmaker might as well pull out gun and kill inside the chambers and he will not be prosected, arrant nonsense. The whole house should be probed and prosecuted according to their offenses, as for those security operatives that joined in the fight inside the chambers, the full arm of the law should be slammed on them.
Re: Pro-amaechi Lawmakers To Be Prosecuted by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
There is nothing like legislative immunity on the house floor.I wonder where u people got the idea from.Hon Chidi Loyd can be arrested for assault and prosecuted for assault or attempted murder

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Confab Report, No Nigeria, Falae Insists / We Are Not Part Of Those That Sealed Onnoghen’s Chambers – Police. / Ogun State Government Launches Jobs Portal, Ogunjobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.