Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests (12920 Views)

Mike Tyson Just Passed On.... / Tyson Fury Defeats Wladimir Klitschko / Tyson Gay, Asafa Powell Both Fail Drug Test! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by sarutobie(m): 8:49am On Jul 15, 2013
It is possible that( some) of these pro athletes unknowingly ingest foods,drinks that contain trace amount of banned substances.this then calls into question their physio therapists and nutritionists..those guys can mess up an athlete big time..but if(like some comments here imply) that the human body can't achieve such feats by these athletes naturally, then you don't really know the capabilities of the human body.

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 15, 2013
But how na. Tyson is the only reason I'm hooked on athletics. cry sad sad
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by Fadelex(m): 8:51am On Jul 15, 2013
abeg wey my kit....*searching*..... 2 people wey dey deny me of podium are out.... abeg catch Blake too so that I go carry 2nd behind bolt.... does dat mean no superhuman anymore?.
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by akintun: 8:55am On Jul 15, 2013
Wizard_of_Oz: I can tell you with absolute certainty that athletes in all sports take substances to give them an edge in their profession. They all do it and they've all been convinced by their coaches n health teams that it is within the rules. The white paper of banned substances in sports is quite extensive and probably only pharmacy pros and chemist would understand the extremely long list of chemicals and supplements in that list. We don't expect the athletes to go through the list, just not possible. They only put their trust in their team that brings "painkillers" or "diet supplements" for them to drink. Only very callous and selfish athletes like Marion Jones, Maurice Green and that fraud cyclist Lance Armstrong go out of their way and knowingly consume banned substances to give them the edge. Boxers dope, so do hockey players, track and field athletes, swimmers, soccer players, tennis players. They all do it. It's sad but that's the reality. The fact that they don't get caught often just shows the length these frauds go to cover their tracks. Some even pay hundreds of thousands of dollars every year for their doping regimen and most of them don't know cos someone on their team, probably the health guys and finance guys liase to write off tht expense as something less serious, unknown to the athletes.
Maurice Green has never tested positive 4 drugs, infact he his d only top American sprinter with a 9.89 or better dat has never tested positive 4 drugs. Asafa and Simpson tested positive 4 stimulant which would give them a six month ban.

toprealman:
Not just Bolt and Shelly....Blake,Warren Wier,etc.
Only a matter of time I suppose......these guys MUST definitely be on something.

Actually Shelly Ann Fraser and Blake have both tested positive 4 drugs b4.
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by tellwisdom: 9:04am On Jul 15, 2013
Drugs??...Were they sick?? sad

1 Like

Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by vislabraye(m): 9:05am On Jul 15, 2013
What is left of athletics if all the best runners are tested positive ?
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by lordimpaq(m): 9:20am On Jul 15, 2013
At least let us all wait for the B sample before we all start criticizing...we are all being judgmental in my opinion.
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by andyanders: 9:21am On Jul 15, 2013
Well, let us keep waiting as to see if what Carl Lewis said about Jamaican sprinters will unfold here. He already said that Jamaican printers should be watched and he personally took on Usien Bolt and now the older athletes are tasting positive. Let us keep watching Jamaicans. The sudden rise in their track record
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by bornosheikh: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2013
I said it before. Let them all take what they want. The we will have a level playing field.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by isthatall: 10:29am On Jul 15, 2013
Truly sad that these guys would fail the drug tests. Kind of shows how desperate they are to match up with the king himself "BOLT". I am sure he must be rolling around his bed now laughing at the news. Or maybe popping some bottles as he usually does.

But come to think of it, the stimulant sounds so specific, so i wonder how they plan to deny taking it. hmm

Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 15, 2013
Wat of justin gatlin and blake,i dey suspect those guyz...!D way usa and jamaican relay team dey run,u must suspect dem.Them dey run like say dem born them 4 anoda planet.Those guyz dem b cheat,dem no dey pity the other runners,d gap is just 3much.
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 15, 2013
Smh..Gone are d days we ad nigerian male 100M sprinters and relay team dat atleast they would come 2nd or 3rd.I cant rememba d last tym a nigerian male carry bronze 4 sprint race at a world stage.Na 4 africa we dey get mouth.
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by obinnakenedo(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2013
"i know exactly what went wrong, but i can discuss it right now". You guys cant even read between the lines. Bolt is an illuminati son, they always want him to win by eliminating his rivals. They saw these folks as a threat and had to come up with some scandals. When will bolt fail a drug test?. The problem with u people is that you dont have a clue how stretched and connected the illuminati's are. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by Double194(m): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2013
Nuvally: Well,Tyson said he knew exactly what went wrong..nd lemme quickly remind u that most of this drug aint 'performance enhancing'...A food containing dueretic juice could also induce d The things we assumed to be drugs into someone's body.

I see no shame in it...I see it as a challenge..They need to come back next year and give in their best.

Powell performed really bad @ london olympics 2012...He proved to us that watched him run @ 2004 olympics that he has done his best.

Sorry to my big Sis Campbell..Its nothing!
Stop concluding in Ignorantum, U must have taken more than the normal dose for ur liver to tip the indicator. There is a percentage of Alchol in Cocoa which is used in Tea but U dnt fail Alchol tests after drinking tea cos the percentage is insignificant as against driving home straight from a bar. My Opinion, they must have really doped to have failed the doping test. PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by vinbyke: 11:41am On Jul 15, 2013
down fall
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2013
This is unfortunate but it really means nothing.
For one thing these guys and gals were tested on many occassions prior to, during and after the olympic games and even between. The jamaicans in particular were tested more often due to international pressure (and haterade lol) and the results came back the same negative. So common sense will tell you these men are still the G.O.A.T.S of sprinting....tyson gay included.

Thier records are still in tact which means these gifted sprinters are indeed the fastest in the world even with this news. The substance veronica was found to have taken is not permitted however because it wasnt enough to completely enhance her ability she was given a slap in a wrist. A 6month ban I believe.

There is a lot of hype coming from people who resent or are jealous but one thing I can promise just like we did in 2008 and 2k12 we WILL comtinue to bring home the gold to JamRock. smiley

The manager of sherone and asafs was apprehended in italy and I am just eager to see how the story will unfold on his end because I believe asafa did not knowingly try to sabotage his career. Something is up.
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
Nuvally: Well,Tyson said he knew exactly what went wrong..nd lemme quickly remind u that most of this drug aint 'performance enhancing'...A food containing dueretic juice could also induce d The things we assumed to be drugs into someone's body.

I see no shame in it...I see it as a challenge..They need to come back next year and give in their best.

Powell performed really bad @ london olympics 2012...
proved to us that watched him run @ 2004 olympics that he has done his best.

Sorry to my big Sis Campbell..Its nothing!

I agree.
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by Faroqk(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
Oboi! What would happen if Usain Bolt starts doping? The guy go dey fly!!!

1 Like

Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by dabrake(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
To be sincere, I pray Yohan Blake falls no victim. The combination of his leg speed and strides are near impossible.
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by olapluto(m): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
I can guess the next big name to be caught. Putting the jigsaw together, Shelly Ann Frayser-Pryce will be exceptional not to test positive. This is because she trains at the same club as 4 of the caught athletes. Their coach is the one who gives them supplements. If 4 of his elite athletes are testing positive to the same substance, common sense tells me ALL of them took it.
Coming home, I am praying that Blessing Okagbare is not trusting her coach too much. Her coach John Smith was indicted in the Balco drug saga, though he denied his involvement. I think Blessing was tested in Calabar around last month. So far, she's clean.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
Lol @ fufuking
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by akintun: 6:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
*Kails*:
This is unfortunate but it really means nothing.
For one thing these guys and gals were tested on many occassions prior to, during and after the olympic games and even between. The jamaicans in particular were tested more often due to international pressure (and haterade lol) and the results came back the same negative. So common sense will tell you these men are still the G.O.A.T.S of sprinting....tyson gay included.

Thier records are still in tact which means these gifted sprinters are indeed the fastest in the world even with this news. The substance veronica was found to have taken is not permitted however because it wasnt enough to completely enhance her ability she was given a slap in a wrist. A 6month ban I believe.

There is a lot of hype coming from people who resent or are jealous but one thing I can promise just like we did in 2008 and 2k12 we WILL comtinue to bring home the gold to JamRock. smiley

The manager of sherone and asafs was apprehended in italy and I am just eager to see how the story will unfold on his end because I believe asafa did not knowingly try to sabotage his career. Something is up.

VCB has not been suspended yet, but IAAF said it was a minor offense. D truth is dat all top jamacian sprinters (100 and 200) with d exception of Bolt and Steward have tested positive to PED one time in their career. I can still remember when Blake and Shelly Ann Fraser tested positive 4 drugs.
D new coming out of Italy is dat large amount of drugs were found in Powell hotel room.
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by awesomep(m): 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
Re: Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests by chic2pimp(m): 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
andyanders: Well, let us keep waiting as to see if what Carl Lewis said about Jamaican sprinters will unfold here. He already said that Jamaican printers should be watched and he personally took on Usien Bolt and now the older athletes are tasting positive. Let us keep watching Jamaicans. The sudden rise in their track record.

Are we taking about the same druggie called Carl Lewis? Abeg he should have no say when the issue of drugs in sports is being discussed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let’s See In April, May – Solskjaer Speaks On Man Utd’s Title Ambitions / Mourinho's Third Season Jinx / 6 Things You Should Know About Boxing Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.