Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports (6659 Views)

Anambra Inaugurates N16bn Tomato, Cassava Plantation / Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence / ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by ocelot2006(m): 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

The don't have IPPs for each institutions.

There are 3 IPPs in Lagos state with another under construction..

1. The 1st IPP in Nigeria built by TINUBU. 271MW

2. Island Power Project IPP. Supplies uninterrupted poster to state institutions, public infrastructures and streets in Lagos Island.

3. 12.45 MW IPP Power plant For Iju And Adiyan Waterworks primary for the water works.

4. 10.4 MW Alausa Independent Power Plant for the state secretariat and surrounding industries and communities.

Btw, they (Lagos state) can not sell electricity by law.. not now at least.

NERC already granted state owned power plants thevauthority to distribute locally within these state over a year ago.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
ocelot2006:

What friggin model? When coys like Shell have been running their own IPPs waaaay longer than BRG or even Tinubu. Abegi..

Is Shell not a private business organization?

Fact - Tinubu built the non private 1st IPP in Nigeria and they've built many more since.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 3:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
ocelot2006:

NERC already granted state owned power plants thevauthority to distribute locally within these state over a year ago.

Lagos state is obviously distributing power from their IPPs to the state end users via miles of new underground distribution cable system so distribution is not the issue here, the issue is actual sale like PCHN to individual residents end users.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

The don't have IPPs for each institutions.

There are 3 IPPs in Lagos state with another under construction..

1. The 1st IPP in Nigeria built by TINUBU. 271MW

2. Island Power Project IPP. Supplies uninterrupted poster to state institutions, public infrastructures and streets in Lagos Island.

3. 12.45 MW IPP Power plant For Iju And Adiyan Waterworks primary for the water works.

4. 10.4 MW Alausa Independent Power Plant for the state secretariat and surrounding industries and communities.

Btw, they (Lagos state) can not sell electricity by law.. not now at least.

My thought perhaps was an IPP for each institution, at least that's what I understood from his post be cause he said "

"If Government institutions, offices, barracks, universities, street lighting and industrial estates and parks can be powered by independent power plants, there will be enough energy free for commercial and residential areas.

Anyway, we're still saying the same thing, the IPP builds and transmit to others - whether it's for the purpose of sale or free is irrelevant, bottom line is that it gives its generated power to other entities rather than different entities be powered their independent plants.

Besides for the 1st IPP you mentioned, I believe that if they're transmitting 271MW of power, it ain't for free. Somebody is paying for it - industrial, commercial or residential.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

Lagos state is obviously distributing power from their IPPs to the state end users via miles of new underground distribution cable system so distribution is not the issue here, the issue is actual sale like PCHN to individual residents end users.

Granted they may not be engaged in the direct distribution of power directly to end users but the fact that they generate AND transmit, they have circumvented the law. If Lagos operates an IPP, and sells to XYZ residential complex on a bulk trader, XYZ is not the end user but the residents are. Same applies with other entities.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

My thought perhaps was an IPP for each institution, at least that's what I understood from his post be cause he said "

"If Government institutions, offices, barracks, universities, street lighting and industrial estates and parks can be powered by independent power plants, there will be enough energy free for commercial and residential areas.

Anyway, we're still saying the same thing, the IPP builds and transmit to others - whether it's for the purpose of sale or free is irrelevant, bottom line is that it gives its generated power to other entities rather than different entities be powered their independent plants.

Besides for the 1st IPP you mentioned, I believe that if they're transmitting 271MW of power, it ain't for free. Somebody is paying for it - industrial, commercial or residential.

Lagos state is not getting any kind of direct benefit from the 1st IPP/The 271 MW because the FG under OBJ sabotaged the project by hijacking the power generated from this plant and feeding it into the National grid. Lagos state with it's population, commercial and industrial capacity is still suffering because of that shortsighted, bad bele and unpatriotic move because by now, they should be producing enough electricity to power the whole state and left over for sale to other states.

Now about the new IPPs. We are not saying the same thing and I'll explain why.

1. Each IPP is not supplying power to individual institutions, but collections of institutions and streets.

2. They are not only supplying power, they are laying miles of fresh underground cables to replace the existing and almost obsolete overhead National distribution lines which s not the case with any other IPP in Nigeria which is very relevant because they are already ahead of the game by getting rid of the ugly and worthless overhead transmission lines with miles of underground cables already in place for any eventual and full blown power transmission and sale.

My point is, this is more than building IPPs, they are going after the whole power infrastructure from bottom up..
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

Granted they may not be engaged in the direct distribution of power directly to end users but the fact that they generate AND transmit, they have circumvented the law. If Lagos operates an IPP, and sells to XYZ residential complex on a bulk trader, XYZ is not the end user but the residents are. Same applies with other entities.

You are overreaching because the situation is not the same. Powering public infrastructures to promote efficiency and reduce cost is not the same as selling for any kind of financial gain regardless who the end users are.

So far, this is not a commercial enterprise..
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

Lagos state is not getting any kind of direct benefit from the 1st IPP/The 271 MW because the FG under OBJ sabotaged the project by hijacking the power generated from this plant and feeding it into the National grid. Lagos state with it's population, commercial and industrial capacity is still suffering because of that shortsighted, bad bele and unpatriotic because by ow, they should be producing enough electricity to power the whole state and left over for sale to other states.

Now about the new IPPs. We are not saying the same thing and I'll explain why.

1. Each IPP is not supplying power to individual institutions, but collections of institutions and streets.

2. They are not only supplying power, they are laying miles of fresh underground cables to replace the existing and almost obsolete overhead National distribution lines which s not the case with any other IPP in Nigeria which is very relevant because they are already ahead of the game by getting rid of the ugly and worthless overhead transmission lines with miles of underground cables already in place for any eventual and full blown power transmission and sale.

My point is, this is more than building IPPs, they are going after the whole power infrastructure from bottom up..

Lol, Ignore my rambling if the answer to this question is NO, but if yes, ponder on my thought.

Question: Is this IPP for 271MW actively operating?

My point: If yes, and you claim that LASG is not getting any form of benefit from the 1st IPP, so let me guess, how does the IPP operate financially? Let's test this logic:

LASG spent several millions of $$$ to build, test and even open an IPP, prolly spending several millions annually to keep that plant operating and pumping into the national grid. The expense associated with this IPP, who bears the cost - fixed and variable, direct and indirect costs? So your argument is the National Grid get free 271MW or less at the expense of LASG?

1. That's my exact point, READ MY FIRST INITIAL POST AGAIN. Here is what I suggested "What happened to IPP's producing bulk and selling directly to all these?" This was assuming that they weren't selling, but at the end, it's involved in a distribution chain process. So whether it's a collection of streets or not, they are ell beneficial entities which supports my view against @geez statement.

2. Their operational activity doesn't really concern me, whether they lay underground cabling or not is highly irrelevant to the status quo. The focal objective point is simply that bulk IPP's may be built for large industrial complex, or parks or whatever, however, should smaller IPP wanna build and transmit, let companies like Eko distribution handle the transmission to commercial and retail consumers. The idea that every entity should embrace their own IPP plant is ridic.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, Ignore my rambling if the answer to this question is NO,
but if yes, ponder on my thought.

Question: Is this IPP for 271MW actively operating?

My point: If yes, and you claim that LASG is not getting any form of benefit from the 1st IPP, so let me guess, how does the IPP operate financially? Let's test this logic:

LASG spent several millions of $$$ to build, test and even open an IPP, prolly spending several millions annually to keep that plant operating and pumping into the national grid. The expense associated with this IPP, who bears the cost - fixed and variable, direct and indirect costs? So your argument is the National Grid get free 271MW or less at the expense of LASG?

1. That's my exact point, READ MY FIRST INITIAL POST AGAIN. Here is what I suggested "What happened to IPP's producing bulk and selling directly to all these?" This was assuming that they weren't selling, but at the end, it's involved in a distribution chain process. So whether it's a collection of streets or not, they are ell beneficial entities which supports my view against @geez statement.

2. Their operational activity doesn't really concern me, whether they lay underground cabling or not is highly irrelevant to the status quo. The focal objective point is simply that bulk IPP's may be built for large industrial complex, or parks or whatever, however, should smaller IPP wanna build and transmit, let companies like Eko distribution handle the transmission to commercial and retail consumers. The idea that every entity should embrace their own IPP plant is ridic.

I'll just go ahead and ignore everything altogether because from your questions and and assertions, it's very obvious you know little or nothing about what you are debating and the repetitive distribution and sales thing is getting very redundant and corny unless you actually don't know the difference between what's for sale and not for sale or distributing electricity to public institution and commercial electricity sale for profit.

You in one breath recognized your own misunderstanding about the IPPs and the several entities they each supply power to, but in another breath you are still repeating the same assertion that has entity has it's own power plant and how it's ridiculous which is really not the case. Please read up on issues to grasp basic understanding before debating.

I don't mind getting into meaningful and truthful conversation, but definitely not disingenuous and spinning wheels argument just because people don't want to accept little errors..
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 5:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

I'll just go ahead and ignore everything altogether because from your questions and and assertions, it's very obvious you know little or nothing about what you are debating and the repetitive distribution and sales thing is getting very redundant and corny unless you actually don't know the difference between what's for sale and not for sale or distributing electricity to public institution and commercial electricity sale for profit.

You in one breath recognized your own misunderstanding about the IPPs and the several entities they each supply power to, but you are still repeating the same assertion that has entity has it's own power plant and how it's ridiculous which is really not the case. Please read up on issues to grasp basic understanding before debating.

I don't mind getting into meaningful and truthful conversation, but definitely not disingenuous and spinning wheels argument just because people don't want to accept little errors..

I will assume that you couldn't answer the simple question posed to you... So like you suggested, ignore it and move on.... CASE CLOSED.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

I will assume that you couldn't answer the simple question posed to you... So like you suggested, ignore it and move on.... CASE CLOSED.

Asking questions and displacing gross ignorance are two different things.

1. You said each establishments has it's own IPP which I corrected. One IPP in Lagos Island supplies power to government institutions and public infrastructure in Lagos Island and not each institution with it's own IPP like you keep asserting and reasserting..

2. You claimed there is no difference between what the state is doing and selling electricity, but even common elementary school kid sabi the difference between what's for sale and not for sale.

3. Your 271MW IPP question shows nothing but lack of knowledge about the IPP in question hence your irrelevant and pointless questions. Google the project for whatever you don't know about the project.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

1. You said each establishments has it's own IPP which I corrected. One IPP in Lagos Island supplies power to government institutions and public infrastructure in Lagos Island.

2. You claimed there is no difference between what the state is doing and selling electricity, but even common elementary school kid sabi the difference between what's for sale and not for sale.

3. Your 271MW IPP question shows nothing but lack of knowledge about the IPP in question hence your question. Google the project for whatever you don't know about the project.

My friend, if you cannot READ, or perhaps you lack comprehension abilities, I suggest you go back and start all over again. Where in my post did I say each entity has its own IPP? I was responding to @geeez post that these entities can be powered by "INDEPENDENT POWER PLANT", or did I miss something? Here is @geez post in case u missed the memo

geeez: Now BRF's model is making sense

If Government institutions, offices, barracks, universities, street lighting and industrial estates and parks can be powered by independent power plants, there will be enough energy free for commercial and residential areas

Industrial areas should however be given top priority

Here's my post

manny4life:

More reason why such model is a shame to begin with, how can you have small IPP's everywhere - institutions, offices, barracks, universities, street lighting, like seriously, are u kidding me? What happened to IPP's producing bulk and selling directly to all these? Rather than these having their own system, it's just ridic.

Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by ocelot2006(m): 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

That's what in trying to say. States don't need authorization to distribute to state owned facilities. It's basically like connecting your home to your generator (you don't need any authorization for that, do you?). With NERC's approval, states are allowed to distribute locally to end users instead of supplying generated power to the country's central grid only
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
IPP: Like Lagos, like Rivers

Khedive Ismail, the viceroy and Khedive of Egypt (1863-1879) would be remembered for at least two things: he was a 'lavish spender' and also an 'impatient Europeaniser'. It is however in the second context that one can compare Khedive Ismail with Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State. Anyone in the know of the giant strides going on in the state under his administration would readily concede that this is a man who is not only in a hurry to develop the state, but he wants to do so with a remarkable finesse. To that extent therefore, he could be referred to as an 'impatient Europeaniser'.
[b]
Given the parlous state of the country's oil-producing region generally, any governor with the intention of leaving indelible marks in the sands of time has no choice than put on the garb of 'impatient Europeaniser'. And, provision of steady power supply is a sine quanon in the quest for this dream. Governor Amaechi realised this, just as Bola Ahmed Tinubu did in Lagos State in the early stage of this democratic dispensation.

That was the reason Amaechi embarked on ambitious power projects that cost the state's tax-payers a whopping N100 billion. Unfortunately, despite this massive investment, the people of Rivers State could still not boast of steady power supply. So, could the state have been cursed, like the situation at the national level where about $16 billion had been spent on electricity supply in the last decade alone without Nigerians having power, leading two adults and former heads of state to engage in a fool's competition? Not exactly. The problem is that while at the national level it is a question of 'the more you look, the less you see'; the situation in Rivers is the problem of constitutional provision which puts power distribution in the Exclusive List, in which case it is only the Federal Government that has power over the matter.

Of course, it could not have been that Amaechi was not aware of this obnoxious clause, he probably hoped, perhaps the same way the Tinubu administration had hoped, that a grateful Federal Government would have done everything in its powers to get that clause off the way so as to encourage as many states as are interested in independent power producers (IPP) projects to toe the same line and generate power more abundantly for Nigerians. But like Tinubu, Amaechi also got 'no' for an answer. Without attempting to make a case for the Jonathan presidency, it would have been impossible for it to grant Amaechi approval to distribute the electricity generated from Rivers State's power projects. First, as had been noted, it is a constitutional issue; and second, the presidency will have to labour to convince Nigerians that the precedence is not a sectional affair. Remember, Jonathan is from the south-south as Amaechi.

So, it did not come as a surprise that Jonathan could not help Rivers State in this matter. But the difference in the experience of Lagos then was that the Tinubu administration was dealing with a hostile president; this cannot be said in Amaechi's case.

But, whatever the content of the letter that Governor Amaechi got from President Goodluck Jonathan, in response to his request to be able to utilise the electricity generated by the state government for the benefit of the state could not have been satisfactory, at least to the extent that that prayer was not granted. No one would hear the Amaechi story without being angry as to the kind of laws some people have made or could make for Nigeria that end up being retrogressive and counter-productive. It was the same way many Nigerians wept for the country in the early years of the democratic enterprise when the Tinubu government began the IPP initiative.

For a governor that is in a hurry to develop his state, taking 'no' for an answer on a matter as crucial as power supply could be frustrating and devastating. And Amaechi did not hide this frustration. That was why he told members of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) who were in the state for their week-long national congress at about the time the letter came from the Presidency, that he would now seek constitutional amendment or lobby the National Assembly to remove power distribution from the exclusive to the concurrent list in the constitution.

The governor had, on August 31, taken the time to take the visiting lawyers round some of his government's projects, including of course the 130 mega watts Trans-Amadi gas turbine, the 150 mega watts Omoku station and the 100 mega watts Eleme station, all of which have the capacity to produce about 380 mega watts, which is enough for the state's residents and businesses. Unfortunately, these have come to naught, at least for now, as whatever is produced first must go to the national grid. The governor put the frustration more succinctly, "What is holding us is just the constitutional clause debarring states from distributing power. I have pressured the Presidency for an exemption, but sadly enough, I just got a letter from the presidency saying no". This naturally spurred a debate among the lawyers for true federalism and constitutional review in the Afam open fields in the state.[/b]

The law under reference is one of the most retrogressive and obnoxious laws ever. And it was a ploy by successive military regimes that had ruled the nation, to hold down development in some parts of the country where the people's thirst for development and progress had made the leaderships to take pro-active and far-reaching measures that would have launched them into greatness. If we recollect, it was not like this in the beginning. Before the military incursion into politics and governance in the country, each region developed at its pace and everyone was better for it. It was like the calls for true federalism were not strident enough before, but thank God, more and more components of the entities that make up the country are now eager to taste the fruits of civilisation and progress, a thing that some people see as the forbidden fruit that is therefore 'sinful', in this age and times! What a pity!

This vexatious clause and others like it must give way, whatever it takes. And that should not be a problem, especially with more states realising the harm they have done to their efforts to make progress. And it is a task for all progressive elements to perform. This has nothing to do with partisan politics; it has nothing to do with religion or ethnicity. If constitutional amendment is what is required, the process should begin immediately. Those genuinely concerned about true federalism have been too long in words but short in action. It's high time these laws were done away with. And anyone who is not pleased to see their obituary should ask for the plane to stop so they could drop off! Nigeria cannot remain perpetually a country being led by the blind. Now that many people are regaining their sight (since the liberalisation of the political space), a halt has to be put to this retrogressive and better forgotten past.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/mobile/columnist/sunday/tunji-adegboyega/19087-ipp-like-lagos-like-rivers.html

^^^^^^^^ How we got screwed and still getting screwed.

Amaechi obviously didn't learn from Tinubu in Lagos state..
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

1. You said each establishments has it's own IPP which I corrected. One IPP in Lagos Island supplies power to government institutions and public infrastructure in Lagos Island and not each institution with it's own IPP like you keep asserting and reasserting..

3. Your 271MW IPP question shows nothing but lack of knowledge about the IPP in question hence your irrelevant and pointless questions. Google the project for whatever you don't know about the project.

Just when I thought you had it together, apparently I was wrong.

I claimed there's no difference in what the state is doing and selling electricity? Smh at you... More reason why this needs to stop. Please can someone in the house define "selling" for me because dude needs a break.

I never brought up the 271MW IPP topic, YOU DID. You claimed that Obj hijacked the project and made it transmit directly to PHCN. I asked you, if this is operational, at who's expense?
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
ocelot2006:

That's what in trying to say. States don't need authorization to distribute to state owned facilities.
It's basically like connecting your home to your generator (you don't need any authorization for that, do you?). With NERC's approval, states are allowed to distribute locally to end users instead of supplying generated power to the country's central grid only

The why are we still talking about this? The most important thing right now is the ability to generate, transmit and sell. The missing link is still sell..

Who is still the only seller of electricity in NIGERIA as we speak and how many entities in Nigeria are selling electricity directly to consumers?..
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 5:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
ocelot2006:

That's what in trying to say. States don't need authorization to distribute to state owned facilities. It's basically like connecting your home to your generator (you don't need any authorization for that, do you?). With NERC's approval, states are allowed to distribute locally to end users instead of supplying generated power to the country's central grid only

The dude is trying hard to dance around the issue, particularly where he made a FALSE CLAIM that the 271MW project is transmitting FREE to PHCN and LASG has no benefit from it..
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 5:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

My friend, if you cannot READ, or perhaps you lack comprehension abilities, I suggest you go back and start all over again. Where in my post did I say each entity has its own IPP? I was responding to @geeez post that these entities can be powered by "INDEPENDENT POWER PLANT", or did I miss something? Here is @geez post in case u missed the memo

Here's my post

2. The idea that every entity should embrace their own IPP plant is ridic.

But you are still repeating the same thing after recognizing your error even though you based that error on other people.

You made that error initially because you jumped into the argument based on ignorance, but why continue with the same ignorance just to win a losing argument?
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

But you are still repeating the same thing after recognizing your error even though you based that error on other people.

You made that error initially because you jumped into the argument based on ignorance, but why continue with the same ignorance just to win a losing argument?

I'm not on here to argue with you... perhaps the term IPP is what's the issue here, my response to @geeez is as clear as CRYSTAL. If you couldn't figure it out by now, sorry for you. If you still don't understand the difference between entities generating power like geez stated (independent power plant) VS independent power producers like LASG supplying directly to it's sub entities , I cannot help you.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

The dude is trying hard to dance around the issue, particularly where he made a FALSE CLAIM that the 271MW project is transmitting FREE to PHCN and LASG has no benefit from it..

You don't have to mix up argument by quoting other peoples totally different points.

The project was set up to benefit Lagos state directly by consuming a major chunk of the energy produced from the power plant but the article below shows what actually happened.

“In June 2001, the IPP began commercial operations and NEPA began to purchase capacity and energy under the BPPA.
‘However, in clear breach of the BPPA and the spirit of the Contribution Agreement, NEPA failed and or refused to devote any or all of the electrical output of the IPP to customers in the areas designated in the BPPA submitted for its contribution by NEPA,” the state said.

Lagos State also stated that despite the breach of agreement, the Federal Ministry of Finance had continued to deduct its 21.15 per cent contribution from source.
All these show that there is no doubt about the viability and feasibility of the IPP project as envisaged by all the partners, including the Lagos State Government.
The project was viable, feasible and was delivered to meet not only specifications but also international standard.
Today, the AES project is supplying close to 230megawatts to the Egbin Thermal Station, from where the power is feed into the National Grid.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pioneering-role-of-lagos-in-power-projects/75222/

So, how is this directly benefiting Lagos state as planed?

Like I said, read up on issues before you argue.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

You don't have to mix up argument by quoting other peoples totally different points.

The project was set up to benefit Lagos state directly by consuming a major chunk of the energy produced from the power plant but the article below shows what actually happened.

So, how is this directly benefiting Lagos state as planed?

Like I said, read up on issues before you argue.

Dude, like I told you...

manny4life:

I'm not on here to argue with you... perhaps the term IPP is what's the issue here, my response to @geeez is as clear as CRYSTAL. If you couldn't figure it out by now, sorry for you. If you still don't understand the difference between entities generating power like geez stated (independent power plant) VS independent power producers like LASG supplying directly to it's sub entities , I cannot help you.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

Agreed, you based your views on what other people posted instead of reading up and coming up with your own original views, but what about after the correction and admission of error on your part? Why keep reasserting the same error?

You can spin it as much as you want, but it's very obvious that trying to have it both ways.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

Dude, like I told you...

manny4life:

Stop saying you are saying this while at the same time keep repeating that?

You can not have not both ways..
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

Agreed, you based your views on what other people posted instead of reading up and coming up with your own original views, but what about after the correction and admission of error on your part? Why keep reasserting the same error?

You can spin it as much as you want, but it's very obvious that trying to have it both ways.

Lol that I based my views on what people posted instead of coming up with my own views.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Again I am SO DONE WITH YOU...My message to @geeez WAS CRYSTAL CLEAR. He said independent power plant, meanwhile I stated why don't IPP (power producers) sell to these entities. I believe my formed opinion is VERY CLEAR and SOUND. Now back to what I was saying before you rudely interrupted. cool cool cool
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

Stop saying you are saying this while at the same time keep repeating that?

You can not have not both ways..

Bros, I'm done with you.

You claimed that OBJ hijacked the 271MW plant and it was transmitting directly to PHCN, and more so, you alluded that LASG has no benefit from it. That was what you claimed. I then asked you, if LASG is not benefiting from it, @ who's expense i.e. if the plant is operational? That question you've been unable to answer...

LOL at spinning the wheel of lies and deceit..
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
According to you claims

A. The first ever IPP (Independent Power Producer) was under Tinubu, a 271MW plant.

B. OBJ hijacked the process and it started transmitting to PHCN

C. According to LASG, it has no form of benefit from it,

Question remains, if plant remains operational, and LASG isn't benefiting from it since it transmit to PHCN National Grid, AGAIN

[size=16pt]AT WHO'S EXPENSE?[/size]
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

Lol that I based my views on what people posted instead of coming up with my own views.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Again I am SO DONE WITH YOU...My message to @geeez WAS CRYSTAL CLEAR. He said independent power plant, meanwhile I stated why don't IPP (power producers) sell to these entities. I believe my formed opinion is VERY CLEAR and SOUND. Now back to what I was saying before you rudely interrupted. cool cool cool

If Government institutions, offices, barracks, universities, street lighting and industrial estates and parks can be powered by independent power plants, there will be enough energy free for commercial and residential areas

So,with the above post by the poster you keep blaming for your errors, please show us where the poster said each entity has it's own power plant?

Stop blaming the poster for your errors because you made up your own errors since the poster did not say what you keep attributing to him.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

So,with the above post by the poster you keep blaming for your errors, please show us where the poster said each entity has it's own power plant?

Stop blaming the poster for your errors because you made up your own errors since the poster did not say what you keep attributing to him.

LOL...

Again,

Here's my nice non-lengthy response to you, my post to him NEVER EVER said they had their own power plants, please read again, take your gold ole time, go back and reread it again.

In fact let me re-quote what I said again

More reason why such model is a shame to begin with, how can you have small IPP's everywhere - institutions, offices, barracks, universities, street lighting, like seriously, are u kidding me? What happened to IPP's producing bulk and selling directly to all these? Rather than these having their own system, it's just ridic.

manny4life:

Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
If you need further clarification, let me know.. cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

Bros, I'm done with you.

You claimed that OBJ hijacked the 271MW plant and it was transmitting directly to PHCN, and more so, you alluded that LASG has no benefit from it. That was what you claimed. I then asked you, if LASG is not benefiting from it, @ who's expense i.e. if the plant is operational? That question you've been unable to answer...

LOL at spinning the wheel of lies and deceit..

I said direct benefit and not your made up story. Lagos state is not getting any kind of direct benefit from the project as planed and agreed to with NEPA. Fact.

Instead of repeating the same ignorant question, why not show us how the state is directly benefiting from the project as planed and agreed to by NEPA.
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by manny4life(m): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
plaindealer:

I said direct benefit and not your made up story. Lagos state is not getting any kind of direct benefit from the project as planed and agreed to with NEPA. Fact.

Instead of repeating the same ignorant question, why not show us how the state is directly benefiting from the project as planed and agreed to by NEPA.

Slowly but surely, the truth is coming out.

So now, it's no longer "benefit" it's now "direct benefit" cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

See confusion cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports by plaindealer: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

LOL...

Again,

Here's my nice non-lengthy response to you, my post to him NEVER EVER said they had their own power plants, please read again, take your gold ole time, go back and reread it again.

In fact let me re-quote what I said again

It really doesn't matter how many times you spin it or give it to yourself both ways, it's stlil the same flawed error on your part. It's even very unmanly and cowardly to hide behind other people's poss that has nothing to do with your own foolery..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step / If This Is True, Tinubu Should Forget About Becoming PRESIDENT / Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.