Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (517344 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (66) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Melson1: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sir can the u.s send an invitation letter to U.s embassy by faxing a copy of it to embassy in,and now also send to the person being invited,pls sir, your advice is needed
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 8:08am On Sep 05, 2013
Melson1: sir,the son of my late uncle is a u.s citizen, he sent an invitation letter to her mother,but my uncle is now late,as in his wife is now a widow,pls sir in filling of her ds-160 non immigrant form what will be on her marital status now the husband is late,is it married or widowed,she is confuse in what to feel,but she has her late husband's death certificate,pls sir your advice is needed

I'm sorry to hear of your uncle's passing. Your aunt can list herself as widowed; if the officer asks, she can explain that her husband is now deceased. The officers understand that people's life situations change over time.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2013
Melson1: Sir can the u.s send an invitation letter to U.s embassy by faxing a copy of it to embassy in,and now also send to the person being invited,pls sir, your advice is needed

The person being invited should bring the letter to the interview. We receive so much mail and e-mail and fax traffic here that we don't keep documents that aren't connected to an active visa case. Until the person comes for an interview, s/he does not have an active case here, and the letter will not be retained.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Melson1: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
thank you so much for your help,you have been rendering to us here,,Sir his son even petitioned for her in USCIS,as a widow when she want to go for the immigrant interview,does she need a death cetificate of her deceased husband or marriage certificate,pls Sir your advice is needed
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
Melson1: thank you so much for your help,you have been rendering to us here,,Sir his son even petitioned for her in USCIS,as a widow when she want to go for the immigrant interview,does she need a death cetificate of her deceased husband or marriage certificate,pls Sir your advice is needed

If she's applying for an immigrant visa, yes, she should submit the death certificate. If it's a non-immigrant interview we're unlikely to ask for it.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Okontami: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
Welcome to MIAMI grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by successtee: 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Great work you are doing here visa officer, we love and appreciate you. Please could you kindly assist me on what to do. I tried to apply online for the renewal of my non-immigrant visa. I clicked on new user to register as instructed. However, I didn't get the recaptcha words after several attempts and in the process the system logged me out. I have been trying to register again since then but the error message the system is giving me is "Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.

Please what do I do.

Thank you.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
successtee: Great work you are doing here visa officer, we love and appreciate you. Please could you kindly assist me on what to do. I tried to apply online for the renewal of my non-immigrant visa. I clicked on new user to register as instructed. However, I didn't get the recaptcha words after several attempts and in the process the system logged me out. I have been trying to register again since then but the error message the system is giving me is "Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.

Please what do I do.

Thank you.

Let me ask my non-immigrant visa colleagues...
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
VO...I work on a drilling oil rig and i have been to the UK 3x ,spent the last Christmas holiday with my wife in the UK.we have a daughter that will be 7 months by December and we intend spending this coming Christmas in US precisely in new York city...this is the only way i compensate my family for the long days and months in the offshore and this is my reasons for going to the US. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES AND WILL MY 7 MONTHS DAUGHTER FILE IN A SEPARATE APPLICATION FROM THAT OF ME AND MY WIFE?

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Fortsucc(f): 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pls help Õooooo,I will av My interview very soon but the problem am having is about My waec certificate which the DOB was not correct and I av only 3 credit there, I have six credit in My NECO result and the certificate is with ♏e,I fill both waec and neco as olevel result in My appilication for I sent †o embassy.plssssssss advice ♏e
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Ofavour: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
My main reason of ever wanting to travel to US is for vacation precisely with my family. I have heard so much about VISA refusal which really puts me off the thoughts of actually giving it a try. Not a newbie to other countries for vacation purposes though. How can one apply for VISA to US without meeting a brick wall at the embassy? What are the things you take into consideration that most applicants fail to know which ultimately lead to VISA refusal. Your reply will be appreciated.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On Sep 06, 2013
obilizy: VO...I work on a drilling oil rig and i have been to the UK 3x ,spent the last Christmas holiday with my wife in the UK.we have a daughter that will be 7 months by December and we intend spending this coming Christmas in US precisely in new York city...this is the only way i compensate my family for the long days and months in the offshore and this is my reasons for going to the US. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES AND WILL MY 7 MONTHS DAUGHTER FILE IN A SEPARATE APPLICATION FROM THAT OF ME AND MY WIFE?

Based solely on what you've written, assuming there are no red flags you've not described here, I think your chances are quite good. And yes, your daughter will need her own separate application. Good luck! (If you go to New York over the holidays, take your wife to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. It's not terribly expensive and it's something that everyone ought to experience at least once...) smiley
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Sep 06, 2013
Fortsucc: Pls help Õoooº°˚ ˚°º,I will av M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ interview very soon but the problem am having is about M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ waec certificate which the DOB was not correct and I av only 3 credit there, I have six credit in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ NECO result and the certificate is with ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥,I fill both waec and neco as olevel result in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ appilication for I sent †̥Ooº° embassy.plssssssss advice ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥

Bring both your WAEC and your NECO paperwork to the interview. If you really have a qualifying academic background, you should be fine.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On Sep 06, 2013
Ofavour: My main reason of ever wanting to travel to US is for vacation precisely with my family. I have heard so much about VISA refusal which really puts me off the thoughts of actually giving it a try. Not a newbie to other countries for vacation purposes though. How can one apply for VISA to US without meeting a brick wall at the embassy? What are the things you take into consideration that most applicants fail to know which ultimately lead to VISA refusal. Your reply will be appreciated.

Applicants are unsuccessful if they fail to convince the officer that they intend to abide by the terms of the visa they're applying for. If you have strong ties to your home country, and can afford the trip, and don't have any criminal or other ineligibilities, you should be fine -- especially as you can show that you've already traveled outside your country. But there are so many factors involved in a visa decision that it's really not possible to give you concrete tips. Every case is different. Good luck!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by uist: 8:55am On Sep 06, 2013
Hello VO, How would one know if he has RED-FLAG? After lying on his/her application and got denied visa, How would one know if he/she has RED-FLAG. Especially if he/she was issued B 214 form after been denied by VO
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Melson1: 9:08am On Sep 06, 2013
Good morning Sir,pls what type of death certificate is required in immigrant visa for widowed status,the hospital,court,or local goverment certified one,pls sir your advice is needed
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2013
uist: Hello VO, How would one know if he has RED-FLAG? After lying on his/her application and got denied visa, How would one know if he/she has RED-FLAG. Especially if he/she was issued B 214 form after been denied by VO

Well, first of all, "red flag" is just a slang term. There's no actual red flag that pops up on the computer screen. There are a variety of indicators that can be seen by the officer -- literally hundreds -- and if one is bad, we refer to it informally as a red flag.

That said, the applicant isn't necessarily supposed to know if s/he has a red flag. That information is for the officer, not the applicant. If the applicant has violated immigration law or policy and we know about it, chances are that there is adverse information somewhere in the case.

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 9:43am On Sep 06, 2013
Melson1: Good morning Sir,pls what type of death certificate is required in immigrant visa for widowed status,the hospital,court,or local goverment certified one,pls sir your advice is needed

Certificates issued by a court or government are best, but if the only available death certificate was issued by a hospital, I imagine we'd accept that.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by successtee: 10:52am On Sep 06, 2013
VisaOfficer:

Great work you are doing here visa officer, we love and appreciate you. Please could you kindly assist me on what to do. I tried to apply online for the renewal of my non-immigrant visa. I clicked on new user to register as instructed. However, I didn't get the recaptcha words after several attempts and in the process the system logged me out. I have been trying to register again since then but the error message the system is giving me is "Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.

Please what do I do.

Thank you.

Let me ask my non-immigrant visa colleagues...

Dear VO, please i still await your response on this.....
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
successtee:

Dear VO, please i still await your response on this.....

I'm also awaiting. I'll follow up and see if I can get an answer....
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by srloring13: 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
When you are looking at evidence of a bona fide relationship, which types of evidence are considered the most credible?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Fortsucc(f): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hello sir,My question still remain,My highest qualification is B.SC but the statement of result we were given has been valid since last year december and the school has collected it back in order to give us our certificate,I only have the photocopy of the valid document with me and ASUU strike is still going on.I only have My "to whom it may concern and My NYSC discharge certificate,I hope I am good †o go with dis,thanks for your response sir.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Fortsucc(f): 8:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Thank you for your response sir,you said I should bring the waec certificate with wrong date of birth instead of September 17,1984 then typed November 17,1984 that to ♏ε is a great problem and that it will disqualify ♏ε from winning the Visa,I need more advise thanks sir.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by daprof2: 1:07am On Sep 07, 2013
Good day sir, pls my question might be so cold to you but pls find a place in your hrt to answer me perfectly sir, I'm a married woman here in Nigeria with two kids, I have a close citizen friend in US..network to be precise, his willing to help my younger brother who just finish serving to come to US sir.......pls what are the steps we should take sir...steps for both my friend and I....
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Melson1: 3:15am On Sep 07, 2013
sir,in immigrant petition and interview what type of marriage certificate,birth certificate,and legally terminated of previous marriage, marriage certificate does u.s embassy recorgnise,Sir,pls your your advice is needed
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by papaadex: 11:29am On Sep 07, 2013
Thank you consular officer , my US citizen brother file immigrant visa for me since 2009. Please ,when do you think visa will be allocated for priority date fall within 2009. Because most of the article I read online says 2 month to 10 years.Do you think it will be exactly 10 years before I can get visa .
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by vtdluv: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hello Co,

You are doing an awesome job here.

My  K1 visa interview appointment is set for sometime this month (super nervous) . I have filled the forms 156, 156k and DS-230, but not sure if i should also fill the online form DS-260 as well. Do i (the K1 applicant) need to fill the online form DS-260 and when is it required? Also have there been any changes to the interview process/requirements for those of us that already have our interview appointments set( in reference to the new instructions stated for the requirement of the online form ds-260. Your assistance is most appreciated.Thank you.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by ayobj: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
VisaOfficer:

Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by current? I just meant it should be an open, existing, active account, not a statement from 2011 or something. My apologies if I misunderstood. smiley

It means a checking account using US terminology.
Current means they use checks to withdraw money.
Savings usually don't require checks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Jinny123(m): 9:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
i landed on US soil last week, when can i start processing my social security number? also is it after receiving WELCOME TO AMERICA PACKAGE? pls i need ur urgent reply
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by srloring13: 1:33am On Sep 08, 2013
Is there any reason why the petitioner is not allowed to attend the interview with the beneficiary?

What is the purpose of a "stokes" interview? Does it help the VO render a decision into the validity of a marriage?

If the beneficiary is on Administrative Processing and the petitioner will be in the country, is it possible to request a second interview so that both parties could attend assuming the only issue holding up a decision on the immigrant visa application is validity of the marriage?

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by seubis: 7:58am On Sep 08, 2013
Thanks VO for the great job u re doin on this thread.pls I want to ask this question.my sister in law played the lottery for me and my wife last year and I was selected but she filled the wrong place of birth for her sister when filling the online registration.Hope this won't jeopardize our chance of getting the visa?though I m the principal applicant and she's beneficiary.Await ur swift response sir.thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (66)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.