Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (517585 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by justwise(m): 7:03am On Jul 28, 2013
kazlam: Helllo sir .pls i want advice 4rm experienced. Something happens to a friend last week on his way to USA. He was to board maroc flight to USA last week Monday 15th, but on getting to Airport and about to checking in his luggage he was told that his flight ticket has been suspended.
After making enquiry from the airline he was told that his visa b1/b2 has been place on hold and due to these they cant air lift him to USA
He was later given a number to contact at embassy, after calling the number the guy that picks his call asked him to come with his passport to embassy for new VISA but no explanation was given for the hold on the main visa.
Kindly advice

You asked this question a week ago and we advised you to visit the embassy to sort it out, why do you keep asking the same question and refused to visit the embassy? What have you got to hide?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by kazlam: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2013
justwise i know but please let the consular answer thanks for your help
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 28, 2013
grin grin grin
kazlam: justwise i know but please let the consular answer thanks for your help

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by jamesoo1: 8:21am On Jul 28, 2013
Dear Visa Officer, thanks for your time in responding to our questions, Please i have a conference to attend by November this year in USA, i have an account in my country of residence, but i don't keep my money more than 3 days in my account here before sending it to my account in Nigeria, right now i want to apply for visa, which of the account will be well considered, shall i use my account in Nigeria alone for my application or use both account , i have enough money in my Nigerian account, why my account here does not have good closing balance about 4K USD, please kindly advise.
thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by worry359(m): 8:41am On Jul 28, 2013
jamesoo1: Dear Visa Officer, thanks for your time in responding to our questions, Please i have a conference to attend by November this year in USA, i have an account in my country of residence, but i don't keep my money more than 3 days in my account here before sending it to my account in Nigeria, right now i want to apply for visa, which of the account will be well considered, shall i use my account in Nigeria alone for my application or use both account , i have enough money in my Nigerian account, why my account here does not have good closing balance about 4K USD, please kindly advise.
thanks
You have answered your own question!
What use is applying with an account with no money in it?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by adekennis(m): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2013
[b]DEAR SIR,PLEASE I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP...I WON 2010 VISA LOTTERY BUT I WAS DENIED VISA..MY INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED ON 30TH OF JUNE 2011,I WENT TO THE EMBASSY WITH ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTs,INCLUDING ORIGINAL WAEC CERT,COPY OF LEGALIZATION OF ALL DOCUMENTS,OND RESULT,AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FROM MY SISTER LIVING IN THE US,ALL MEDICAL REPORTS,POLICE REPORT AND EVEN ALL THE DOCUMENTS THAT THEY DON'T EVEN NEED,I PAID 131K AS VISA FEE THAT MORNING BUT AFTER MY INTERVIEW,THE CONSULAR OFFICER DENIED ME THAT MY EDUCATION IS NOT UP TO WHAT THEY NEED..AFTER SOME MONTHS,I RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE EMBASSY THAT I SHOULD COME TO THE EMBASSY WITH MY PASSPORT BY 9TH OF JANUARY 2012 1PM BUT DUE TO THE NATIONWIDE STRIKE AND PROTEST DURING SUBSIDY REMOVAL..I COULDN'T MAKE THE APPOINTMENT.I HAVE CALLED AND SENT SEVERAL EMAILS BUT NO RESPONSE..I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP SIR,IS IT THAT THE EMBASSY CONSIDER TO ISSUE THE VISA FOR ME OR THEY CALLED ME FOR SOMETHING ELSE.I WOULD VERY GLAD IF YOU COULD EXPLAIN TO ME AND SEE IF ITS STILL POSSIBLE TO RETRIEVE THE APPOINTMENT I LOST..PLEASE YOUR RESPONSE WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
MY EMAIL DELETED [/b]
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by roadmap2money(m): 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
Dear visa consular please we are still waiting for your response......thanks,
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by justwise(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
roadmap2money: Dear visa consular please we are still waiting for your response......thanks,
VisaOfficer: I'll be offline this weekend. Thank you all for the warm welcome! See you Monday. wink

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by ebjay: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2013
Dear VO.

Thank you for the initiative. . I know you attend to immogrants only but then I know u would be in the best position to advice even non immigrants.
I applied for a US visa April last year buh I was denied.. this is how the interview went though.

Why do you want to go to the US
I am planning my annual vacation and decided to spend it in the US

How long will u be staying
Max of 2 weeks because that is how long I can get of work

Where do u work
(I answered)

What do you do there
(I answered)

How much do u earn monthly
So so after tax

Do you have anybody in theUS
Yes, my aunt

What does she do
She works as an accountant with so so

Where would you be staying
With my aunt at so so address

Have you travelled outside your country before
Yes to to Spain as an infant and to Ghana, Republic of Benin and the Uk

Are u married
No

Sorry u are not eligible for a visa now
Please may I ask y?

Then the VO hands me a paper that states vthat its either what I filled is different from the answers I gave or that I wasnt able to show strong ties to my home country and convince the VO that I will be coming back.

Now the problem is that I wanna apply again but I dont know what I did wrong and need to correct but am very sure I was truthful and answered the questions basked just as I filled the form.
So if it is bout showing strong ties how do I do that especially when I wasnt even asked to show any documents.

I will be grateful if u can advise me exactly aw to go on reapplying again.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by normaljenny(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
Thank you very much VisaOfficer for coming to our aids and saving us from all them scavengers.
My problem is that I have always wished to immigrate to the usa, but I do not have any relation to sponsor me. Though I have a fiancee that just moved to the usa and is already a legal resident as she was brought over by her dad. She can't come back just because of me as she is under her dad's roof now and her dad can't allow her to come now too. Can she petition a K1 (which I believe is a non-immigrant visa) to enable me move to the usa and wed her within the 90 days grace carried by the K1 visa to allow the petitioner (my fiancee) apply for adjustment of status to legal permanent resident for me. Will that be okay for me?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by normaljenny(m): 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
ebjay: Dear VO.

Thank you for the initiative. . I know you attend to immogrants only but then I know u would be in the best position to advice even non immigrants.
I applied for a US visa April last year buh I was denied.. this is how the interview went though.

Where do u work
(I answered)

What do you do there
(I answered)

So so after tax

Yes, my aunt

What does she do

Are u married
No

Please may I ask y?

Then the VO hands me a paper that states vthat its either what I filled is different from the answers I gave or that I wasnt able to show strong ties to my home country and convince the VO that I will be coming back.

Now the problem is that I wanna apply again but I dont know what I did wrong and need to correct but am very sure I was truthful and answered the questions basked just as I filled the form.
So if it is bout showing strong ties how do I do that especially when I wasnt even asked to show any documents.

Thanks

My brother, let me help, before our VisaOfficer comes to add more to you. You were getting it all right in the interview till you answered that you have somebody in the usa (your aunt) and she is successfully working (that's an oppurtunity of fixing you with a job) and you are going to stay with her (that's a free house, when you should be talking of hotel reservations) and finally you are not married (you are automatically telling the VO that you are not coming back, as aunty has in store for you a wifey once you get there) thousands have been turned back that way. The VO all knows that every naija has relations there, but when you are on visa like tourist or its likes, you don't go to relations, you go to hotels so try risk a few $100s dollars bills for hotel reservations and add up something to uncle SAM'S pocket. That is a good one for you. Let's still wait for our own VO to resume work for more tutorials that will enlighten us the more.

4 Likes

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Cmeo(m): 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
thank u visa officer. i would like to know if its true that anyone who will file a petition for someone should meet some socio-economic conditions. if this is true, what are the conditions? (if i may ask). Than u for ur anticipated response.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by good188(m): 12:01am On Jul 29, 2013
i have a friend that have thesame experience too ,he was refuse because he single ,i am sure they are going to grant you a visa if you can show them your marriage cerficate because then you will have a tie ,i think that will help a little bit
normaljenny:

My brother, let me help, before our VisaOfficer comes to add more to you. You were getting it all right in the interview till you answered that you have somebody in the usa (your aunt) and she is successfully working (that's an oppurtunity of fixing you with a job) and you are going to stay with her (that's a free house, when you should be talking of hotel reservations) and finally you are not married (you are automatically telling the VO that you are not coming back, as aunty has in store for you a wifey once you get there) thousands have been turned back that way. The VO all knows that every naija has relations there, but when you are on visa like tourist or its likes, you don't go to relations, you go to hotels so try risk a few $100s dollars bills for hotel reservations and add up something to uncle SAM'S pocket. That is a good one for you. Let's still wait for our own VO to resume work for more tutorials that will enlighten us the more.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by roadmap2money(m): 4:19am On Jul 29, 2013
let me add to it...USA embassy does not have any blue print when it comes to issuing of visitor visa (b1/b2).
you can just reapply and pray very well. i see many married people with pictures to prove and yet was denied! you never did anything wrong and its good to say the truth as you did...
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by technokid(m): 5:46am On Jul 29, 2013
dear vo
1.) pls how long does it take to have a I-526 petition as an alien investor approved?
2.) is it possible to be denied a conditional green card during the interview if my petition was approved and why?
3.) what is the estimated time duration from filing the petition to receiving a conditional green card
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by esosa4real(m): 10:08am On Jul 29, 2013
kazlam: Helllo sir .pls i want advice 4rm experienced. Something happens to a friend last week on his way to USA. He was to board maroc flight to USA last week Monday 15th, but on getting to Airport and about to checking in his luggage he was told that his flight ticket has been suspended.
After making enquiry from the airline he was told that his visa b1/b2 has been place on hold and due to these they cant air lift him to USA
He was later given a number to contact at embassy, after calling the number the guy that picks his call asked him to come with his passport to embassy for new VISA but no explanation was given for the hold on the main visa.
Kindly advice

What advice could be needed here rather than visiting the embassy for explanations and of course the visa if there is no problem.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
hastron: My wife won the Visa lottery about 3 years ago,then we were not married but engaged,a year later we got married,She comes back to Nigeria every 5 months,i work with one of the Telecom giant here in Nigeria,i spend so much money on tickets just so we can be together as a family,she delivered of a baby boy last year November in the United States.How can i visit her and my son in the states,Please I need your professional advice.can i apply for a visit visa stating my reason for visiting been my family

You can certainly apply for a non-immigrant visa, but it may be difficult for you to convince the visa officer that you are just planning a visit. You will need to show VERY strong ties to Nigeria to overcome the perception that you are an intending immigrant. It's not impossible, but it is quite difficult.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
roadmap2money: (1) After the wedding what type of visa is it required to book for on line?
(2) The white woman insist that when she comes that she want to fly back with her husband will that be possible. though david is a marketing manager earning 103k monthly in a company that deals with oi and gas.
(3) if yes please advise will be appreciated on the kind of visa they have to applied for to be able to fly back with his wife. because the white woman said she cant wait for 8 month for immigrant visa to be issued

1. As they are already married, the woman should file an I-130 Petition for Alien Spouse.
2. and 3. David is probably not going to qualify for a non-immigrant ("visitor" ) visa, so he will have to wait for his IR-1 (or CR-1 if they are very recently married) interview. His wife is welcome to travel with him at that time, but it does take several months. I know it's hard to wait, but she will have to remember that there are hundreds of other applicants waiting their turns before David...
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
Kindly advice

Sounds like the Embassy officers want to do him the courtesy of explaining in person. There's really no way to speculate why he was not allowed to travel. He should go to the Embassy as advised, and see what they have to tell him.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
jamesoo1: Dear Visa Officer, thanks for your time in responding to our questions, Please i have a conference to attend by November this year in USA, i have an account in my country of residence, but i don't keep my money more than 3 days in my account here before sending it to my account in Nigeria, right now i want to apply for visa, which of the account will be well considered, shall i use my account in Nigeria alone for my application or use both account , i have enough money in my Nigerian account, why my account here does not have good closing balance about 4K USD, please kindly advise.
thanks

I'd say bring both accounts and be prepared to explain! Good luck. smiley

Also, it's probably best to apply in the country in which you normally reside. So if you don't reside in Nigeria, maybe you should apply at the Embassy or Consulate of the country you're currently living in.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
adekennis: [b]DEAR SIR,PLEASE I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP...I WON 2010 VISA LOTTERY BUT I WAS DENIED VISA..MY INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED ON 30TH OF JUNE 2011,I WENT TO THE EMBASSY WITH ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTs,INCLUDING ORIGINAL WAEC CERT,COPY OF LEGALIZATION OF ALL DOCUMENTS,OND RESULT,AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FROM MY SISTER LIVING IN THE US,ALL MEDICAL REPORTS,POLICE REPORT AND EVEN ALL THE DOCUMENTS THAT THEY DON'T EVEN NEED,I PAID 131K AS VISA FEE THAT MORNING BUT AFTER MY INTERVIEW,THE CONSULAR OFFICER DENIED ME THAT MY EDUCATION IS NOT UP TO WHAT THEY NEED..AFTER SOME MONTHS,I RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE EMBASSY THAT I SHOULD COME TO THE EMBASSY WITH MY PASSPORT BY 9TH OF JANUARY 2012 1PM BUT DUE TO THE NATIONWIDE STRIKE AND PROTEST DURING SUBSIDY REMOVAL..I COULDN'T MAKE THE APPOINTMENT.I HAVE CALLED AND SENT SEVERAL EMAILS BUT NO RESPONSE..I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP SIR,IS IT THAT THE EMBASSY CONSIDER TO ISSUE THE VISA FOR ME OR THEY CALLED ME FOR SOMETHING ELSE.I WOULD VERY GLAD IF YOU COULD EXPLAIN TO ME AND SEE IF ITS STILL POSSIBLE TO RETRIEVE THE APPOINTMENT I LOST..PLEASE YOUR RESPONSE WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
MY EMAIL DELETED [/b]

Greetings! Well, there is no way to issue a Diversity Visa from the 2010 season. Every year, the last possible moment to print a DV is midnight, September 30. After that, the computers literally won't allow us to print any more. (That's why it's best not to wait until the last minute to come to a DV interview... just think, every year there are qualified people who wait until September 28 to show up, and then even though they are qualified and eligible, we don't have time to print their visas! There may be something wrong with their medical exams, or they may need new photos, or so many other things can go wrong. That's why we always try to reschedule people as early as possible, and why we run out of DV appointments as the end of the DV season approaches...)

I don't know why you were asked to return to the Embassy. You should e-mail them directly and ask if there is anything they can tell you.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
ebjay: Dear VO.

Where do u work
(I answered)

What do you do there
(I answered)

So so after tax

Yes, my aunt

What does she do

Are u married
No

Please may I ask y?

Thanks

Hmm, well, based on the above, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't apply again... but if nothing about your life has changed since your last application, or if your last interview was very recent, it may be difficult to convince the officer that you are not an intending immigrant. Every case is different, so it's impossible to say anything definitive based on the above. Sorry, I know that's not a satisfying answer. My guess is that you are young and single and cannot yet demonstrate firm ties to your home country. Again, a refusal is not a permanent ban, but if nothing in your life has changed since your last refusal, you likely won't qualify the next time either.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
normaljenny: Thank you very much VisaOfficer for coming to our aids and saving us from all them scavengers.
My problem is that I have always wished to immigrate to the usa, but I do not have any relation to sponsor me. Though I have a fiancee that just moved to the usa and is already a legal resident as she was brought over by her dad. She can't come back just because of me as she is under her dad's roof now and her dad can't allow her to come now too. Can she petition a K1 (which I believe is a non-immigrant visa) to enable me move to the usa and wed her within the 90 days grace carried by the K1 visa to allow the petitioner (my fiancee) apply for adjustment of status to legal permanent resident for me. Will that be okay for me?

Greetings! Only U.S. citizens can file I-129F petitions (K-1 / fiancee visas). So if your fiancee is still a Legal Permanent Resident, she cannot file for you to come as a K-1. When she gets her citizenship, she can file for you. Keep in mind that one of the questions on the I-129F is whether you have met in person in the past two years...
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
C me o: thank u visa officer. i would like to know if its true that anyone who will file a petition for someone should meet some socio-economic conditions. if this is true, what are the conditions? (if i may ask). Than u for ur anticipated response.

This is a GREAT question and thank you for the opportunity to get on my soapbox and preach a little! YES, all immigrant visa applicants must "overcome public charge concerns." That means that the petitioner must demonstrate that he or she can financially support the beneficiary, so that the beneficiary will not become a public charge (in other words, need government support to live). (Diversity Visa applicants can stop reading -- this doesn't apply to you.) In short, the sponsor needs to show that he or she earns at least 125% of the current U.S. poverty threshold. You can see the guidelines at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf -- there are a very few exceptions, but for most people, it's 125%.

The petitioner will file the I-864, and if anyone else in the petitioner's household is also pledging to support the beneficiary, that person files the I-864A as a member of the petitioner's household. Everyone who files the 864 or 864A should also submit three years' worth of tax documents to support their claims. The combined amounts have to be enough to support everyone in the petitioner's household PLUS everyone who is coming as a visa beneficiary. If it's not enough, they will need a joint sponsor.

So what does that mean? Okay, say I file a petition for my brother, who is married and has two children. My spouse signs the I-864A, and we both submit our tax documents from the past three years. Together, my spouse and I earn $32,000. But... if you look at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf that is NOT ENOUGH to support my brother, his spouse, and their two children. They are four people in my brother's family, plus me and myself, so that's six people. According to the guidelines my spouse and I would need to earn $39,487 to support six people. So, we'll need a joint sponsor.

Also, unemployment compensation (or any other government assistance) does NOT count toward the total when an officer is looking at tax documents.

Also, if I say "But I own a home and it's worth $250,000!", that probably doesn't count either. I would need to show that I actually OWN the home, rather than still owing a 30-year mortgage on it. Assets are only assets if they're completely paid for.

Oh -- another point -- okay, in the above example my spouse and I have $32,000 but we need to show $39,487. That's a difference of $7,487. It's not enough to show that I have $7,487 in a savings account, because when you're using assets to make up the difference, you need to show that you have FIVE TIMES the difference in assets. In this example, that would be another $37,435.

And if this has made your head hurt, welcome to my world. Ouch, mathematics!

Good news for K petitions: You need the I-134, not the I-864, and you don't have to submit tax documents; you just need to convince the Consular officer that the person won't become a public charge.

6 Likes

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
technokid: dear vo
1.) pls how long does it take to have a I-526 petition as an alien investor approved?
2.) is it possible to be denied a conditional green card during the interview if my petition was approved and why?
3.) what is the estimated time duration from filing the petition to receiving a conditional green card

Greetings!

1. I'm not sure exactly what the timeline is, but it's a matter of months, not years.
2. It's possible to have other ineligibilities that come to light during the interview, yes. It's rare but it happens. Here's an extreme case: Let's say someone's application looks fine, then they show up at my window and tell me that they lived illegally in the U.S. for 20 years and got deported last week. They will be ineligible to return to the U.S. for at least the next ten years. As I said, that's an extreme case.
3. Again, not sure, but it's months, not years.

Hope this helps!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by miz4oxley(m): 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
Visa Officer! Sir, a friend of mine he's a lucky DV winner, and was registered for him by an old corper mate. But, there are some issues, he's thinking might not make him opt for the programme and just jettison the stuff. The age his friend registered for his name is 4years older than his real age which reflects on his WAEC certificate which might be confirmed, and he also registered same details with his ECOWAS passport, and has applied to the UK and once refused. What do you think he can do now. Cos, he's giving up already and lost hope. I've been encouraging ma dude, and I told him I'll help him make enquiries here on what could be done? I so believe your reply would give a head way. Thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
This is my public service message of the day:

TOUTS DON'T CARE IF YOU GET A VISA OR NOT. They just want your money. The fake documents they give you may be completely obvious fakes, and you will have no way of knowing that, and we can tell at a glance, and the touts don't care. Sometimes they forget and send TWO people, both falsely claiming to be the same person, to the same visa interview.

You can be permanently banned from the United States, and even arrested, if you submit fake documents. It's not worth it!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
miz4oxley: Visa Officer! Sir, a friend of mine he's a lucky DV winner, and was registered for him by an old corper mate. But, there are some issues, he's thinking might not make him opt for the programme and just jettison the stuff. The age his friend registered for his name is 4years older than his real age which reflects on his WAEC certificate which might be confirmed, and he also registered same details with his ECOWAS passport, and has applied to the UK and once refused. What do you think he can do now. Cos, he's giving up already and lost hope. I've been encouraging ma dude, and I told him I'll help him make enquiries here on what could be done? I so believe your reply would give a head way. Thanks

If his age is listed inaccurately on the DV application but is accurate everywhere else, it's not a disqualification. If that is the *only* issue with his application, and he's academically qualified, it shouldn't be a problem. But discrepancies like that do make us a bit more skeptical. If your friend has at least a high school education, personally, I think he should give it a try.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by joechima: 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
Visa officier!!Sir I did post earlier on my Spouse but the issue has been that my wife has not been able to get a job and it's been difficult for us,can she have somebody else support us for the marriage visa,can a friend be allowed to do it for us
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
joechima: Visa officier!!Sir I did post earlier on my Spouse but the issue has been that my wife has not been able to get a job and it's been difficult for us,can she have somebody else support us for the marriage visa,can a friend be allowed to do it for us

Your spouse will have to file the I-130 for you, and she'll need to submit the I-864 as your petitioner. If her income is not sufficient to support you, then yes, a friend can submit an I-864 as a joint sponsor.

Best of luck!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by joechima: 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
Thanks am grateful

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by ebjay: 3:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
VisaOfficer:

Hmm, well, based on the above, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't apply again... but if nothing about your life has changed since your last application, or if your last interview was very recent, it may be difficult to convince the officer that you are not an intending immigrant. Every case is different, so it's impossible to say anything definitive based on the above. Sorry, I know that's not a satisfying answer. My guess is that you are young and single and cannot yet demonstrate firm ties to your home country. Again, a refusal is not a permanent ban, but if nothing in your life has changed since your last refusal, you likely won't qualify the next time either.

Thank u sir.

I applied in April this year... is it too recent to apply again.

What do u mean something changing in my life... still working in the same company i have worked in for the last 5 years, still not married.. does it mean I shouldn't bother reapplying or can I do hotel reservations and apply again?

Is it also safe to say the chances for young single pple to visit the US r slim

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.