Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (517414 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by kaneazie(f): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Somorin#1:

While you await the most generous VO, please have your Husband go to the USCIS website and study expedite processing which is available for active military members who are going to be deployed. So if your Husband is going to go on another deployment then he should look into it.

Thank you both for your service to our nation (military Wives also serve the nation too, albeit indirectly).

Thanks for your reply but my husband does not have any deployment coming soon to the best of my knowledge and we have already explored the option of getting a letter from the head of his unit asking for expedition but was asked to get a deployment letter which is not available at the moment. so what other options will u suggest to speed up the process. thank you.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Fin1: 2:25am On Nov 27, 2013
Goodday VO
My mum got her immigration visa with 2 of my siblings this week and am going for my student visa interview next week,What document should I present to convience them that am returning back after my studies since she's the 1 sponsoring me.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by jayblinx(m): 3:48am On Nov 27, 2013
VisaOfficer: Greetings! I am a U.S. Foreign Service Officer working in a Consular section in western Africa. I primarily handle Immigrant Visas and Diversity Visas. I've noticed a significant amount of discussion about visas on this website (yes, we read the websites smiley) and wanted to give people the opportunity to ask questions. I will check this site daily and make every effort to respond for the next two weeks, through Friday, July 26. [Edit: Let's make that August 8.] [Another edit: Okay, September 30!] [Well... until someone tells me to stop.]

Please note that I cannot answer questions about specific cases, nor may I reveal my identity or any personal information. Any responses in this forum are not to be taken as legally binding, as they will be based only on what you tell me in your questions, not on the information in any actual case. While I will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies, any opinions expressed are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

I may not be able to respond to every post in this thread, and I will not answer abusive or insulting posts. Let's see how the conversation develops...
Good morning sir!i wrote the SAT and passed the exams so i got admitted in university in the US.but few days before i got my I20,my dad was granted his green card request.now according to them i have to wait for him file my papers for me.now,my question is,how possible and quick is that??..thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by tuazor: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2013
Greetings to you Mr VO.
please i have this questions to ask

i was denied visa 3 times without the consular officer telling me why i got denied but rather handed me with a slip that reads

"thank you for your interest in travelling to the united states. this is to inform you that you have been found ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under section 214(b) of the U.S. immigration and natiobality Act..."

The VO's never told me specifically why am not given the Visa as this same slip was given to almost anyone who got denied thus making it generic

am applying again since i need to go to school january next year. my question now is:
1. when filling the new DS160, what reason do i give that i was denied previously.

please i need answers to this asap as i am about filling a new ds160 and probably book for appointment soon. thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by cofoworola: 9:32am On Nov 27, 2013
greetings v/o
please I wish to know why I was denied a visa to Canada for a study permit on the basis that the visa officer feels I do not satisfy him a a bona fied student despite meeting all requirements financially, with evidence of accomodation reciept admission letter and passing the medical. what does that mean n what next. do I have a chance if I appeal
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by gaiusidowu(f): 11:08am On Nov 27, 2013
Good day VO. Pls I need urgent ur responce on this issue.Is there any way 1 can retrieve informations given @ d initail entry of dis dv(.2)is it possible 4 1 to include a fam member's name @ d initial entry witout d passport photo n will be acceptd.The whole issue is dat a frnd dat her husbd playd for could nt remember whether d son's information was accepted without d boy's photo @ d initial entry
Or whether he remove his detail b4 sending.Although d boy's info n passport was included when sending their details after 1nl.They ve been sent 2nl 4 interview on 27th jan 2014 wt d boy's n dad name as d beneficiary and they r nt sure whether kcc sent dis based on d info provided @ d initial entry or after d 1nl.They wnt 2 b sure wheter 4 put d whole thin behind then or 2 go ahead so as nt 2 waste d fam little resources on zero assurance.Thanks.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by OKea: 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
"Hi, I once entered for the US visa lottery but I wasnt selected as one of the lottery winners. Now I am being asked if I ever applied for a US visa? I am not sure if that is also a kind of immigrant visa application. Pls help?" And do I mention it during my interview ? I am applying for Niv. Thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Phredog: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2013
Hi, I am Phred. I have some simple questions

I am a USA citizen. I live in Singapore, and plan to stay. I plan to marry a woman from Myanmar who also lives in Singapore. In haste I requested a K1 visa. It is pending, but held up for a RFE.

Anyway, the USA has nothing to offer up except tourism. She has a young son who we would rather not expose to the bad behavior of American children. We never planned to live in the USA anyway. I explained that in the K1 visa request. We only wanted to get married there.

We have since decided to get married in Singapore and go on a honeymoon in the USA. How can I cancel the pending K1? Will it cause a problem getting a B2 after we are married?

I have strong ties to Singapore, and none at all to the USA.

If you have some idea, I would also like to know why everyone assumes we would want to move to the USA? I grew up there. I witnessed a lifetime of crime and drugs. I do not care to see more of it.

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by dunk2011: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
gogedda: Ok..Good day, this is my story, I have a lil bro (step bro) in the US, he got married 2months ago to a lady he met online while he was still in UK( the lady filed for him through the fiancee visa and they got married in US) and has just gotten his green card. Pls I want to know if he can file for me through the family preference immigrant visa but I read he has to be a US citizen first since he is currently a legalised permanent resident(LPR)?. Secondly how long will it take for his LPR to be converted to US citizen?. Lastly can both him and his wife submit financial documents to support the immigration process?.. Thanks and God bless

Yes he can file for you ....but it will take about 10yrs before you are called for visa .....
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by dunk2011: 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
tuazor: Greetings to you Mr VO.
please i have this questions to ask

i was denied visa 3 times without the consular officer telling me why i got denied but rather handed me with a slip that reads

"thank you for your interest in travelling to the united states. this is to inform you that you have been found ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under section 214(b) of the U.S. immigration and natiobality Act..."

The VO's never told me specifically why am not given the Visa as this same slip was given to almost anyone who got denied thus making it generic

am applying again since i need to go to school january next year. my question now is:
1. when filling the new DS160, what reason do i give that i was denied previously.

please i need answers to this asap as i am about filling a new ds160 and probably book for appointment soon. thanks

Hey how long are u waiting before reapplying...3 times come on!!!... There you go ...

What does a visa denial under INA section 214(b) mean?

This law applies only to nonimmigrant visa categories. If you are refused a visa under section 214(b), it means that you:

Did not sufficiently demonstrate to the consular officer that you qualify for the nonimmigrant visa category you applied for; and/or
Did not overcome the presumption of immigrant intent, required by law, by sufficiently demonstrating that you have strong ties to your home country that will compel you to leave the United States at the end of your temporary stay. (H-1B and L visa applicants, along with their spouse and any minor children, are excluded from this requirement.)
What are considered strong ties to my home country?

Ties are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your home country. Strong ties vary from country to country, city to city, and person to person, but examples include:

Your job;
Your home; and/or
Your relationships with family and friends.
While conducting visa interviews, consular officers look at each application individually and consider the applicant's circumstances, travel plans, financial resources, and ties outside of the United States that will ensure the applicant’s departure after a temporary visit.

Is a refusal under section 214(b) permanent?

No. A refusal, or ineligibility, under section 214(b) is for that specific application, so once a case is closed, the consular section cannot take any further action. There is no appeal process. If you feel there is additional information that should be considered related to the visa decision, or there are significant changes in your circumstances since your last application, you may reapply for a visa. To reapply, you must complete a new application form, pay the application fee, and schedule an appointment for a new interview. Review the website of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you plan to reapply to learn about any reapplication procedures.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by khadijat29: 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
Good day VO, I have uncommon case here. I got a job offer from a USA based company, the whole process started around january, the company got me an attorney who is handling d case n most forms fees are paid to this attorney from labour certificate, insurance, quarantine n others, the last form I fill is 1-140 around Aug, n 1-1485 in oct. My question is does d process takes so much time or we ar been scam? Cos we av spent a lot of money cos am d principal applicant n it involve My hubby too.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by katakara: 11:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dear Consular, here is this friend of mine who applied 4 a visit visa in 2009 and lied he is married at that time in a bid to get visa approval due to erroneous believe that the embassy issue visas for married people. Now he has a legitimate fiancee who is a USC and have visited him twice. They are envisaging procuring a Fiance visa 4 him to join her and he is afraid cos he had lied in his previous application. Now by virtue of all iv read hear on this ur wonderful thread, I advised him to just come clean to the interviewer rather than going to arrange some counterfeit documents like divorce cert or death cert to nullify the supposed fake previous marriage. I need ur advise on this please cos I'll show him ur responce to butress my point on coming out clean since he never tendered any fake doc yet. What's his chance? Tanx!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by jefferylanj: 8:59am On Nov 29, 2013
What is actually happening, hope not serious! Being awhile we heard from the VO, all its well. Lots of pending urgent questions..hoping everything is sorted out on time for the good of everyone.
Cheers.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by G2Glory(m): 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
Preamble:
I don't really know if this question is applicable - if not pls pardon me:

After obtaining our visa, the next requirement according to (www.uscis.gov/immigrant fee) is to:

The payment of USCIS immigrant fee of $165 which is a MUST for those issued visa from February 2013 & this payment must be done before immigrant leave for USA. To make payment through credit/debit card, it requires opening ELIS account ((https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov) or (www.uscis.gov)) before making online payment.

Issue/Challenge:
I had tried creating this ELIS account on several occasions on my PC but always encountered repeated challenge on step 4 "Choose Security Preference", any time i clicked next button to take me to next page to enter the Personal Identity Question, it just came up with an error message (ERROR: Online access to your account has been revoked. Your account is now locked. The maximum number of unsuccessful attempts (3x) has been reached. Due to security reasons, your account has been locked.

I just want to know if there is any other means of paying the fee. Some forumities mentioned it might be due to IP address. Does it mean that IP address from Nigeria are prevented from completing the process? I even tried on my IPAD it was the same challenge.

I am need of your advice please.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by dunk2011: 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
G2Glory: Preamble:
I don't really know if this question is applicable - if not pls pardon me:

After obtaining our visa, the next requirement according to (www.uscis.gov/immigrant fee) is to:

The payment of USCIS immigrant fee of $165 which is a MUST for those issued visa from February 2013 & this payment must be done before immigrant leave for USA. To make payment through credit/debit card, it requires opening ELIS account ((https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov) or (www.uscis.gov)) before making online payment.

Issue/Challenge:
I had tried creating this ELIS account on several occasions on my PC but always encountered repeated challenge on step 4 "Choose Security Preference", any time i clicked next button to take me to next page to enter the Personal Identity Question, it just came up with an error message (ERROR: Online access to your account has been revoked. Your account is now locked. The maximum number of unsuccessful attempts (3x) has been reached. Due to security reasons, your account has been locked.

I just want to know if there is any other means of paying the fee. Some forumities mentioned it might be due to IP address. Does it mean that IP address from Nigeria are prevented from completing the process? I even tried on my IPAD it was the same challenge.

I am need of your advice please.

Why don't you call the customer service listed on their website for assistance !!!...
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by dunk2011: 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
gogedda: Ok..Good day, this is my story, I have a lil bro (step bro) in the US, he got married 2months ago to a lady he met online while he was still in UK( the lady filed for him through the fiancee visa and they got married in US) and has just gotten his green card. Pls I want to know if he can file for me through the family preference immigrant visa but I read he has to be a US citizen first since he is currently a legalised permanent resident(LPR)?. Secondly how long will it take for his LPR to be converted to US citizen?. Lastly can both him and his wife submit financial documents to support the immigration process?.. Thanks and God bless

Useful informations ....

Visa Bulletin For December 2013
PrintEmail
Number 63
Volume IX
Washington, D.C.

View as Printer Friendly PDF

A. STATUTORY NUMBERS

1. This bulletin summarizes the availability of immigrant numbers during December. Consular officers are required to report to the Department of State documentarily qualified applicants for numerically limited visas; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security reports applicants for adjustment of status. Allocations were made, to the extent possible, in chronological order of reported priority dates, for demand received by November 8th. If not all demand could be satisfied, the category or foreign state in which demand was excessive was deemed oversubscribed. The cut-off date for an oversubscribed category is the priority date of the first applicant who could not be reached within the numerical limits. Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number. If it becomes necessary during the monthly allocation process to retrogress a cut-off date, supplemental requests for numbers will be honored only if the priority date falls within the new cut-off date announced in this bulletin.

2. Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000. The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is at least 140,000. Section 202 prescribes that the per-country limit for preference immigrants is set at 7% of the total annual family-sponsored and employment-based preference limits, i.e., 25,620. The dependent area limit is set at 2%, or 7,320.

3. INA Section 203(e) provides that family-sponsored and employment-based preference visas be issued to eligible immigrants in the order in which a petition in behalf of each has been filed. Section 203(d) provides that spouses and children of preference immigrants are entitled to the same status, and the same order of consideration, if accompanying or following to join the principal. The visa prorating provisions of Section 202(e) apply to allocations for a foreign state or dependent area when visa demand exceeds the per-country limit. These provisions apply at present to the following oversubscribed chargeability areas: CHINA-mainland born, INDIA, MEXICO, and PHILIPPINES.

4. Section 203(a) of the INA prescribes preference classes for allotment of Family-sponsored immigrant visas as follows:

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES

First: (F1) Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, plus any unused first preference numbers:

A. (F2A) Spouses and Children of Permanent Residents: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

B. (F2B) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents: 23% of the overall second preference limitation.

Third: (F3) Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Fourth: (F4) Brothers and Sisters of Adult U.S. Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are available for all qualified applicants; and "U" means unavailable, i.e., no numbers are available. (NOTE: Numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed below.)

Family-Sponsored
All Charge -ability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA- mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
F1 15NOV06 15NOV06 15NOV06 22SEP93 01JUL01
F2A
08SEP13
08SEP13
08SEP13
01SEP13
08SEP13
F2B 01MAY06 01MAY06 01MAY06 01APR94 22MAR03
F3 08MAR03 08MAR03 08MAR03 01JUN93 22JAN93
F4 08SEP01 08SEP01 08SEP01 22OCT96 01JUN90
*NOTE: For December, F2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 01SEP13. F2A numbers SUBJECT to per-country limit are available to applicants chargeable to all countries EXCEPT MEXICO with priority dates beginning 01SEP13 and earlier than 08SEP13. (All F2A numbers provided for MEXICO are exempt from the per-country limit; there are no F2A numbers for MEXICO subject to per-country limit.)

5. Section 203(b) of the INA prescribes preference classes for allotment of Employment-based immigrant visas as follows:

EMPLOYMENT-BASED PREFERENCES

First: Priority Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference level, plus any numbers not required for fourth and fifth preferences.

Second: Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability: 28.6% of the worldwide employment-based preference
level, plus any numbers not required by first preference.

Third: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide level, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences, not more than 10,000 of which to "*Other Workers".

Fourth: Certain Special Immigrants: 7.1% of the worldwide level.

Fifth: Employment Creation: 7.1% of the worldwide level, not less than 3,000 of which reserved for investors in a targeted rural or high-unemployment area, and 3,000 set aside for investors in regional centers by Sec. 610 of Pub. L. 102-395.

On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are available for all qualified applicants; and "U" means unavailable, i.e., no numbers are available. (NOTE: Numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed below.)
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by G2Glory(m): 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
dunk2011:

Why don't you call the customer service listed on their website for assistance !!!...

Yes i did but what they actually said was that they do not have such record i.e the account creation process was inconclusive.

Infact i sent an enquiry this was the response:
"Thank you for your inquiry regarding your USCIS ELIS account.
We regret that you are having difficulty logging in to your USCIS ELIS account. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate a USCIS ELIS account or application for you with the information provided. It may be that you have not submitted a benefit request with USCIS, or that your benefit request is still in draft form. We regret that we are unable to assist you at this time.
If you created a USCIS ELIS account but have not yet submitted any applications or benefit requests, we will not be able to access your account or reset your password and security questions. Any USCIS ELIS accounts without submitted applications will be deactivated and deleted 30 days after creation. If you have not submitted an application, you have the option to wait 30 days for your account to be deactivated and deleted, and re-creating your USCIS ELIS account with your existing email address, or you may wish to create a new USCIS ELIS account with an alternate email address.
If you have submitted an application or benefit request using USCIS ELIS and still require assistance with your account, please review your information and contact us again. If you decide to submit another inquiry, please provide the following information so that we may locate your case:
Full name (including ALL other names ever used);
Date of birth;
·USCIS ELIS Account Number;
USCIS ELIS Receipt Number(s) (if any);

·A-File number(s) (if any).

As a reminder, if you move or are planning to move, please use the Change of Address tool at www.uscis.gov/ar-11 in addition to updating your address in your USCIS ELIS account at https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov/.

We hope this information is helpful.

The above extract was their response. Please any further help or assistance.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by castrogee(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hello my dear VO,
I was recently granted an admission by the university of bridgeport for the spring session starting in jan 21 2014; as usual I have applied to the usa embassy for visa and my appointment date is 6th jan. I have all my docs ready and I am truly ready for the VO's but my greatest worry is how to convince them that I have strong home ties. I graduated from the uni in 2011 and just concluded my NYSC this Nov; what should I say or present to the VO to show strong ties in Nigeria.
(Modify) (Quote) (
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
Admin and Mod,please what is happening? It has been a couple of weeks now that the Visa Officer had been locked out and it seems there is no end in sight. Please,on behalf of others do all you can to make sure she is back on this forum to render invaluable assistance to thousands out there. Thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by justwise(m): 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
Yinkathomas: Admin and Mod,please what is happening? Ithas been a couple of weeks now that the Visa Officer had been locked out and it seems there is no end in sight. Please,on behalf of others do all you can to make sure she is back on this forum to render invaluable assistance to thousands out there. Thanks

There is nothing i can do than wait until she is able to sort out the logging problem or get another ID, she is not banned or stopped from logging in here as far as i know, i sent email from time to time to know if she has been able to solve the log-in problem and still waiting for reply.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by worry359(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
justwise:

There is nothing i can do than wait until she is able to sort out the logging problem or get another ID, she is not banned or stopped from logging in here as far as i know, i sent email from time to time to know if she has been able to solve the log-in problem and still waiting for reply.
It is probably the internet connection from her office.
The manager can have blocked access to certain types of web sites and forums so that people do not waste time when they are being paid.
She may be on US Gov. systed and being blocked by them.
It may not be possible for her to get access unless she has private system on her own time.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by tuja4u: 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
Dear consular,
thanks for the opportunity you giving us here,please i just want to let you know that we got a mail from the USCIS about the reason why our visa was denied which was really sad to see that the reason was not so good enough to do that.
1,they said that i didnt do a white wedding with my wife,which i dont think is compulsory,because to me and here in nigeria,i believe court marriage is the most standard wedding everywhere,on the day,my parent and families were there with friends and we all took pictures and even because of the late period,we had to gave people the food as take away,since they cant follow us home.
2. They said,We met on zoosk and met in malaysia,so because they met people coming from malaysia and meeting people online is a way of looking for visa,which is really wrong on my side.because i love my wife and not talking or seeing eachother in a day make things go crazy between us.this is the reason why we decided to make me have something to move to her.
3. They said i answered all the question at the interview correctly as if i have memorized it all and with that it looks as if i have known all what they will ask me there. this is funny because why wouldnt i be able to answer,since i and my wife talk and see eachother everyday,we both know how to calm eachother down when we want and for her to be older than me,she still give me my own respect and i respect her back too.so why should i be thinking of answering question when i know the answers
4. they said i came last year applying for visiting visa,and metioning it there that i want to go and greet my friend and buy cars,is true i did say that because when my wife ask me to come and spend some time with her,though then we havent got married and even we havent met physically,this is why we were told not to say my fiancee and since we are doing business together also and what we plan to be doing is buying car and selling,she does do the buying,but because of the price we buy and also because of her job,he said it will be nice for me to come and buy it and bring it down to nigeria then. but the visa was denied,i have not go to the embassy once and lied to them,but still,what they do is to just put saddness in to my family.
5. they even said that we staged all the picture we took despite the one in nigeria and the one in malaysia.and the chat
please tell me what we can do,now we have no money to get lawyer since the business is not moving well now and is hard on us now to avoid it,do we still have hope now?by writing to the USCIS by ourself.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
justwise:

Alright! But if she gets another email,then another thread will need to be opened or can u move this thread under his/her new account?
What could be the log-in problem that has defied solution(s) for weeks now?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by princeonx: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
G2Glory:

Yes i did but what they actually said was that they do not have such record i.e the account creation process was inconclusive.

Infact i sent an enquiry this was the response:
"Thank you for your inquiry regarding your USCIS ELIS account.
We regret that you are having difficulty logging in to your USCIS ELIS account. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate a USCIS ELIS account or application for you with the information provided. It may be that you have not submitted a benefit request with USCIS, or that your benefit request is still in draft form. We regret that we are unable to assist you at this time.
If you created a USCIS ELIS account but have not yet submitted any applications or benefit requests, we will not be able to access your account or reset your password and security questions. Any USCIS ELIS accounts without submitted applications will be deactivated and deleted 30 days after creation. If you have not submitted an application, you have the option to wait 30 days for your account to be deactivated and deleted, and re-creating your USCIS ELIS account with your existing email address, or you may wish to create a new USCIS ELIS account with an alternate email address.
If you have submitted an application or benefit request using USCIS ELIS and still require assistance with your account, please review your information and contact us again. If you decide to submit another inquiry, please provide the following information so that we may locate your case:
Full name (including ALL other names ever used);
Date of birth;
·USCIS ELIS Account Number;
USCIS ELIS Receipt Number(s) (if any);

·A-File number(s) (if any).

As a reminder, if you move or are planning to move, please use the Change of Address tool at www.uscis.gov/ar-11 in addition to updating your address in your USCIS ELIS account at https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov/.

We hope this information is helpful.

The above extract was their response. Please any further help or assistance.
The problem is in your password. When signing up for the account, the specifically instructed that your password MUST include a number and signs such as @&!'(.
Look to the right of the screen when creating a password and see the symbols/signs they want you to include. Even if your password contain only letters and numbers it still won't let you complete the process.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.