Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Ramadan To Occur Twice In Year 2030 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan To Occur Twice In Year 2030 (30089 Views)

Off-salah Isn't Off-ramadan(to The Menstruating Sister During Ramadan) / 2030 Ramadhan Isha Allahu / Happy Ramadan To All Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan To Occur Twice In Year 2030 by Mobsync(m): 12:40am On Jul 16, 2013
The first ramadan would begin on January 6 while the second would begin on December 26. I don't know why but I think it's because of the disparity between the Islamic calendar and the Gregorian calendar which have 360days a year and 365/366 days a year respectively. Even I myself noticed that ramadan has been coming up the calendar cos there was a time it used to begin in November then October, September, August and now July.

Here's a sample of a calendar I got from a Jordan website (please don't mind the labour and independence days; they're for Jordan and not Nigeria) @ http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2030&country=44

Holidays and Observances:
1 Jan; New Year's Day
6 Jan; Ramadan begins
5 Feb; Eid-al-Fitr
14 Apr; Eid-al-Adha
19 Apr; Good Friday
21 Apr; Easter Day
22 Apr; Easter Monday
28 Apr; Orthodox Easter Day
1 May; Labour Day
4 May; Muharram/New Year
25 May; Independence Day
9 Jun; King Abdullah's accession to the throne
13 Jul; Muhammad's Birthday
22 Nov; Al Isra' wal Miraj
25 Dec; Christmas Day
26 Dec; Ramadan begins

What do you guys think?
Re: Ramadan To Occur Twice In Year 2030 by spenca: 5:43am On Jul 16, 2013
All praise and worship belongs to almighty Allah
Re: Ramadan To Occur Twice In Year 2030 by Ark111: 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
Masha Allah, the reason is as a result of the difference between the solar and lunar calendar. May Allah spare our lives till then and make us good muslims. This is indeed one of peculiar things about Islamic calendar. It changes and ramadan could occur in any season.
Re: Ramadan To Occur Twice In Year 2030 by vedaxcool(m): 9:17am On Jul 19, 2013
This is not a new thing atleast this occured 7 - 10 years back, the calender actually goes in a circle.Ramadhan is based on the lunnar calender which is shorter than the solar calender hence whenever Ramadhan falls in the month of January it gradually moves into December and then falls in both January and December simultaneously. The same thing happened in 1995

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/ramadan-begins
Re: Ramadan To Occur Twice In Year 2030 by deols(f): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
It shouldnt be seen as Ramadan occurring twice in a year.

Ramadan is once in a lunar year.

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto Community Defies Sultan's Directives, Observes Sallah On Sunday / Do Muslims from Northern Nigeria have native names? / Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.