Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

The Real Nigerians,please Stand Up. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Nigerians,please Stand Up. (824 Views)

Fulani Hausa Herdsmen Are The Real Nigerians By Chime Chinedu Enoch M (englishma / Buhari's Last Message For Real Nigerians / The Real Nigerians - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real Nigerians,please Stand Up. by playmode(m): 9:54am On Jul 16, 2013
Ever since i started coming to Nairaland , one thing i have noticed is the suffocating air of tribalism which engulfs the political section of this forum.Why are we Nigerians so tribalistic? Who started it and why has it gone on for so long?

Personally i believe our politicians started and are still using it to divide us. As a Yoruba man how will it Benefit me if a Yoruba man becomes president? The truth is that his shared lineage with me will not benefit me or any other Yoruba man in way. The President being Yoruba does not mean Yorubas will live a better life. Obasanjo was president but we Yorubas did not benefit anything from him.

We Nigerians have to reset our minds because we are heading for a cliff. Many of us who carry on the tribalsistic traditions blame the civcil for such actions. The funny part of it though is that many of us were born decades after the civil war. How can we hang to the past when we should be uniting for the future?

Nigerians where are you? How long are you going to let our elders and politicians manipulate us? Why are we practicing tribalism when we should be uniting and agreeing on what we want as a country?

Many who support the GEJ Government are either political jobbers or tribalists. GEJ has not done anything to benefit Naija delta or the East yet many people from these regions support it to death. We need to reset our mind and stop trying to install our tribesman as president but instead elect a capable individual with no baggage.

We as Nairalanders have a choice,we can unite from here and begin to unite our fellow Nigerians or we can tow the line of tribalism and tribalists and continue a downward spiral. The choice is ours to make

The real Nigerians ,Please stand up.

Playmode
Johannesburg
Gauteng
South Africa
Re: The Real Nigerians,please Stand Up. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
The problem is Education !!!

How much Quality Education is available to average Nigerian also after all the struggle to get Educated, what is the opportunity available to average Nigerian in the longrun !!!

How many people got employed without Man-no-Man either in Public or Private sector !!! Though many still get ,u would have a huge Gap when u compared the ratios !!!

Therefore, the Quality of knowledge available to average Nigerian is of lesser value and the opportunity therein !!!

Hence, it is quite easier to manipulate the reasoning faculty of an average Nigerian by the political class since Poverty,Education,Ethnicity,Tribal and Religion are Good Tools in the hand of Political Class !!!

My brother, tis not by preaching to them but we really need active Government that will address the inherent plight of this country !!!

Southern Youths are even fair, Northern Youths will hardly questioned their leaders as such they have been brainwashed to attached any of their plight to southern manipulations!!!

An Igboman is not ready to fight for yoruba plight cuz He has been brainwashed that Yorubaman was not there when He was in trouble !!!

So brother, it is a cyclical problem that need more than preaching on Nairaland but Evolution of new political culture,National Integration and Re-Orientation!!!
Re: The Real Nigerians,please Stand Up. by Horus(m): 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
The corrupt political leaders of Nigeria use 2nd and 3rd Reich tactics to divide and rule to maintain control, because this is all they have learnt from alternative Caucasian history on how to govern. They continually implement Caucasian economic and religious ideology into Nigeria, which is not in line with the nature of Nigerians, therefore it will never work. It is futile trying to unite Nigerians, physically, without first uniting them, mentally. When the mind is out of order, the person is out of order. When the minds of Nigerians are divided, the physical persons are divided. There can be no mental unity as long as tribalism and religious bigotry is upon Nigerians. If the minds of Nigerians are free from tribalism and religious bigotry, the physical persons are free or will soon be free, because the mind is the control, and thereby determines the course that the person or persons will take. When destruction of tribalism and religious bigotry is complete, Nigerians will have a free and united mind without confusion, ignorance and apathy.

(1) (Reply)

. / Eight Reasons Why Presidnet Jonathan Will Win 2015 Presidential Elections / Central Bank Of Nigeria Donates 500 Million To School In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.