Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau (12782 Views)

Saudi Prince Blames African Pilgrims For The Stampede In Mecca / More Photos From Today's Mecca Stampede That Killed At Least 220 People / Sultan Announces MOON Sighting For Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by donem: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
Sterling Towers: The Rich man should be charged to court of law for conspiracy to commit Manslaughter and multiple manslaughter.
I think thats harsh, the report has it that "in line with the spirit of Ramadan, the
businessman had made it a point
duty to assist the poor in the past 40
years" So i think its just a case of goodwill gone sore.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by yemmy75(m): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
Blessmira: It s a pity. Dt reminds me of d stampede over TB Josh's holy H20. sad

Must u drag religion into every matter??
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by biafranqueen: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
Education in how to build your own business, do hand work, profit from farming etc, Not everybody can afford or desire to be book smart. The basics in reading and arithmetic and learning a trade is what we need to do for all the youth. Unfortunately, a ll the education that our youth have obtained has not created jobs for the masses. Rest in Peace to those that that have gone on cry
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by ekea2001: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
Is the rich man a stranger.Was he not aware of the threat such would have posed..I pity d families of d dead.let's bring that Alhaji to justice
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by skyluv2000(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
Kai what a pathetic and hilarious news, if its in iboland they wud have tagged the man a ritualist, hausa elite pls wake, and help ur people ressurrect from their slumber which is poverty of the mind.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Paschal360: 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: It is the will of allah.

Hahahaha!
What's funny about that? undecided
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by PECO4KING(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
Na which country this one happen. I felt so bad about this.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
Damn. Hunger is a serious thing.
May God rest their souls.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by teric4love(m): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
this man should not be discourgaed 。。 dey should find another means of distributin d stuff maybe on queue... RIP d dead one..

1 Like

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by deols(f): 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
DICKtator: Poverty is an endemic disease . The poor needs education and must be liberated from the rich
Teach them how to fish and stop giving them fishes!!!
Vey soon, this same man would use those set of people to settle political scores!!
grin grin grin grin

And how are you sure he is a politician?

Can you possibly see anything without political prejudice?
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by nijanigga: 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
smothly: Poverty is a curse,i refused to be poor in jesus name...........

RIP to the dead

You can say that billion times,it makes no difference without works, your faith is dead. Nigerian mentality is to look for free things.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by nijanigga: 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
teric4love: this man should not be discourgaed 。。 dey should find another means of distributin d stuff maybe on queue... RIP d dead one..
you really like or you're an advocate for free stuffs.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by deols(f): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
This is a wake up call to governments at all levels.
Instead of wasting our resources on irrelevances and ego trips, People should br fed/ taught to fish.

Whatever brings food to be table sad angry
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by deols(f): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
I still wonder how the almajiri problem was nit seen as an emergency until the emergence of boko haram.

Even the prophet(S.A.W) spoke strongly against begging.

How it became 'institutionalised' is beyond me sad
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by tchikelue: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
So they could compete with them in future if shown the way to catch the fish. It was before l use to think that Hausas have one voice and are loyal to their elders,very very far from it. The rich and/or the learned subject the poor to perpetual physical and spiritual poverty so that they will forever remain loyal to them. You imagine BH(western education is forbiden)and Sanusi is a graduate and preaches that. BH leaders make use of AK47,IED,rocket launchers and modern social network applications e.t.c(product of western education)instead of bow and arrow. They now turn around to tell the followers that its a crime to be educated. Stupidity,wickedness,deceit and staking undue advantage of the poor ones. May God help the Youths in the North to see the truth.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by joshuaidibia(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
DICKtator:
Dude quit being sarcastic.
Riches doesn't necessarily mean material wealth. It could be mental wealth.
Emancipation from slavery!!!!. And you mainly gain such through education!!!
grin grin grin grin
WESTERN EDUCATION, 2b precise.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by prodam(m): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
Sad!..so so sad!

Well, Allah knows best.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by DICKtator: 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
deols:

And how are you sure he is a politician?

Can you possibly see anything without political prejudice?
Don't quote me outta context , to "settle political score" may be an idiomatic expression which is applicable to the common man.
By the way, every one,perchance,is a politician/involed in politics one way or the other, playing politics in their parochial arena.
Now lets leave that aside and play "politricks" in bed
Are you game?
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by DICKtator: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
joshua idibia: WESTERN EDUCATION, 2b precise.
hahahaha. Dude, i deliberately avoided typing WESTERN EDUCATION cos folks in that nether region are adverse to it. Education doesn't emanate only from the west. There was and still is a lot to learn from Africa,the bedrock of knowledge,to the Oriental "hemisphere". Western education terminology is an anomaly cos the bedrock of knowledge is from Africa!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Emmysteve(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
THESE ARE THE KIND OF PEOPLE THAT CAN BE LURED INTO BOKO HARAM GROUP EASILY. THE HISTORICAL EXCURSES OF RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM CAN BE TRACED TO POVERTY.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by joshuaidibia(m): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
DICKtator:
hahahaha. Dude, i deliberately avoided typing WESTERN EDUCATION cos folks in that nether region are adverse to it. Education doesn't emanate only from the west. There was and still is a lot to learn from Africa,the bedrock of knowledge,to the Oriental "hemisphere". Western education terminology is an anomaly cos the bedrock of knowledge is from Africa!!!
grin grin grin grin
i agree wt u,if u mean it startd 4rm Egypt. Bt were wud our african knowledge or education have been without western education.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by free2ryhme: 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2013
6 PEOPLE DIE BECOS OF FOOD .. HAUSA PEOPLE WHEN UNA GO CHANGE .....

COMMON FOOD UNA DEY KILL UNA SEF ... ...

HUMAN LIFE NO GET VALUE AT ALL

NA BECOS OF FOOD
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by ADUKKY(f): 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
i stayed in the north for a year, and i can say it that what they need is liberation.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by ManTiger(m): 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
People keep talking abt educating the destitute without minding the monster called boko haram.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by kwajahafiz(m): 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
why would a people that ruled a nation for 40 odd yrs still have that much poverty amongst thier people...Is this something to do with religion?.
If you summoned people anywhere in the south to come and eat for free u d be suprised only very few will show up. they d be like...why na food im want make we come chop , na money we need, not food. lol.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
May god forgive them and grant them amnesty
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Agimor(m): 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
An hungry man is an hungry lion.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by coputa(m): 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
Northerners ruled this country for more than 30years yet poverty is still unimagenably high in the north.....IBB alone will be able to feed the whole north during this period of Ramadan without having any effect on his stolen wealth..or is it Abacha's family that will never be as poor as Dangote....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Haruna Akinola Dies At 80 (Chief Imam Of Lagos) / Muslims Banned From Praying Outdoors In France / Questions And Answers On Islamic Jurisprudence (fiqh)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.