Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,303 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

The Expressway Churches - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Expressway Churches (8455 Views)

RCCG Repairs Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Rich Churches, Poor Members / Which Is The Most Powerful Spiritual Churches Or Prayer Houses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Expressway Churches by Annunaki(m): 11:38am On Feb 03, 2010
@verycruel
Roman catholic church is still far better than the popular pentecostal churches who are notorious at turning the scriptures up side down and noted for arrogantly expressing their ignorance and delusions.
Re: The Expressway Churches by jagunlabi(m): 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2010
Sam Milla:

Why are I.diots like you still have access to keyboard ? In your own opinion, i believe you think your have said your opinion.
You see this kind of statements makes someone jumpy.
After reading all the posts above, this is all you come up with ?
No one is telling you to leave your Religion. You just need to do the right things.
You dont wait for God to come and build your roads for you or schools ?

Did you wait for him to build your Church ? You built it. right ?
The same applies to every other thing. If you get sick, go to Hospital. Pray for quick recovery on your sick bed, but take your drugs too.
Ask not what God can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF and OTHERS.

Religious beliefs are for those human beings who are afraid of their Godgiven greatness, their divine birthright to rise above and transcend physical obstacles of this physical reality.
Re: The Expressway Churches by ud4u: 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2010
You guys should make personal impact in this society and you have to start it from where you are. Stop criticizing churches.
Re: The Expressway Churches by ayettymama(f): 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2010
Science itself is a religion

you either belive it or you dont

nothing is proven, its just a bunch of theories pick wat u prefer

i.e humans coming from monkeys, wheres the proof??

yet we do it everyday-its now the basis of biological study

global warming?? i thought millions of yrs ago the world was ice??

so whats the problem?? people religiously recycling due to the words of a scientist

yet people wanna turn deaf ears to the word of God
Re: The Expressway Churches by Genuflect(m): 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^It's funny how people still don't understand the point of this article. *smh*
Re: The Expressway Churches by mazaje(m): 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2010
ayettymama:

Word of god or words of men? Your evidence to show that any god wrote any part of the bible is what?. . . . .
Re: The Expressway Churches by ayettymama(f): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2010
Genuflect:

^^It's funny how people still don't understand the point of this article. *smh*

wat is the pnt of the article??

mazaje:

Word of god or words of men? Your evidence to show that any god wrote any part of the bible is what?. . . . .

its all abt beliefs

people are free to believe what they want

i dont need to give you evidence to show anything

you either believe it or u dont
Re: The Expressway Churches by skyhighweb(m): 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2010
story is taking bandwith
Re: The Expressway Churches by Genuflect(m): 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2010
The point of the article is most Nigerian Christians follow the church blindly. They believe with the heart leaving out the brain totally
Re: The Expressway Churches by Timijo(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2010
Have u forgoten dat the great sciensts in d world an inventors are christians?Hw dare u said christianity brougt mediocrity.U said there is no God, den tel me and others, who created you,animals,plants and other things in d world. Do u think u own ur life to urself?Do u really no d end of a man who says there is no God?Do u no dat there is notin dat exist in dis world witout d knowledge of God.Come to think of it, if u die now wat is ur hope?Take it or leave it nd perish, Christianity is a true religion. U said dat Jesus Christ predicted His 2nd comin and is yet to come.He didn't tel any one d time He is comin back just b'cos of people like u who refuse to acknowledge God y they exist."A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART DAT THERE IS NO GOD"This same FOOL wil agree dat there is God probably at d point of death or in an unquenchable lake of fire.Believe it or not JESUS IS COMING BACK TO CARRY HIS OWN PEOPLE TO WHERE HE IS IN D KINGDOM OF GOD.I advice u not to allow scientific knowledge to ruin ur life.Can u rememba ur friend - Nebuchadenezzar hw he later acknowledged d existency of God wen He dealt wit him?REPENT and believe in Jesus - God - Eternity.God created u nd He loves u.Y do u want to reject His unconditional love?My dare Readers don't be confuse.God exists b'cos, there is notin that can exist witout d knowlege of GOD.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Expressway Churches by Timijo(m): 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2010
Have u forgoten dat the great sciensts in d world an inventors are christians?Hw dare u said christianity brougt mediocrity.U said there is no God, den tel me and others, who created you,animals,plants and other things in d world. Do u think u own ur life to urself?Do u really no d end of a man who says there is no God?Do u no dat there is notin dat exist in dis world witout d knowledge of God.Come to think of it, if u die now wat is ur hope?Take it or leave it nd perish, Christianity is a true religion. U said dat Jesus Christ predicted His 2nd comin and is yet to come.He didn't tel any one d time He is comin back just b'cos of people like u who refuse to acknowledge God y they exist."A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART DAT THERE IS NO GOD"This same FOOL wil agree dat there is God probably at d point of death or in an unquenchable lake of fire.Believe it or not JESUS IS COMING BACK TO CARRY HIS OWN PEOPLE TO WHERE HE IS IN D KINGDOM OF GOD.I advice u not to allow scientific knowledge to ruin ur life.Can u rememba ur friend - Nebuchadenezzar hw he later acknowledged d existency of God wen He dealt wit him?REPENT and believe in Jesus - God - Eternity.God created u nd He loves u.Y do u want to reject His unconditional love?My dare Readers don't be confuse.God exists b'cos, there is notin that can exist witout d knowlege of GOD.[color=#990000][/color]
Genuflect:

The point of the article is most Nigerian Christians follow the church blindly. They believe with the heart leaving out the brain totally
Re: The Expressway Churches by Genuflect(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2010
Una still never understand. Nobody is saying you shouldn't be a Christian. Just be sensible enough to discern what is right or wrong. If not, the men of God who are suppose to lead you aright will lead you astray
Re: The Expressway Churches by randomness: 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy. [C.S]

Think of how many religions attempt to validate themselves with prophecy. Think of how many people rely on these prophecies, however vague, however unfulfilled, to support or prop up their beliefs. Yet has there ever been a religion with the prophetic accuracy and reliability of science? [C.Sl

Somebody mentioned that Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton were Christians. You may be right, but the purpose of this discussion is not to tell you what religion is right or not. The purpose, at least for me is to articulate the fact that if you believe that your religion Christianity is the best, then you are telling billions of other inhabitants of this insignificant planet who believe otherwise that your religion is the best. That make you look like a slowpoke at best.

Albert Einstein wanted to catch God at his work, he was able to unravel a lot about physical laws upon which our understanding of the cosmos is based. If he and many scientists had surrendered to the teachings of the bible "Surrender all" and not question why things are the were they seem to be, we'll all be living on trees.

Human gene is 2 % different from a chimpanzee, (Human 100% Chimpanzee 98% similar), yet see the gap between the two. I tell you today, there are other beings far advanced that we are in other planets, and once we are able to reach out or they reach in, our technology will be like that of a rat compared to humans. Maybe we will begin to understand that we are not after all special, but lucky.

You have to think. Use your brain!

Your extra ordinary claims in the bible requires extra ordinary evidence.
Re: The Expressway Churches by ayettymama(f): 4:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^

do you see the other planets in ur dreams??
Re: The Expressway Churches by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2010
Let me tell you, if you know the God you are serving and you study your bible to show yourself approved, you will not be fooled by fake men of god. Afterall, Jesus said that in the end time lawless men shall abound and shall deceive many, even the very elect of God. You people are so fast to stereotype and blame Churches for everything wrong in Nigeria. Mr. poster man, what exactly are you trying to insinuate about the girl that died of cancer? Are you saying that those of us that got miraculously healed of sicknesses and diseases are fools for trusting Jehovah Rapha? Are you saying that Churches are Nigeria's problems?

Don't worry, you will get what your are looking for.
Re: The Expressway Churches by bawomolo(m): 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2010
ayettymama:

Science itself is a religion

you either belive it or you dont

nothing is proven, its just a bunch of theories pick wat u prefer

i.e humans coming from monkeys, wheres the proof??

yet we do it everyday-its now the basis of biological study

global warming?? i thought millions of yrs ago the world was ice??

so whats the problem?? people religiously recycling due to the words of a scientist

evolution doesn't tell you humans come from monkeys. we share ancestry with monkeys.
as per global warming, the world temperature work in cycles. 

no science isn't a religion.  Some dude didn't just wake up from his dream to publish the theories of evolution and relativity.  These theories have been tested and observed unlike the 2000 yr old book you hold to heart.

I guess isaac newton told his fellow scientists to believe in calculus or just forget it.
Re: The Expressway Churches by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2010
Again, you run your mouth saying that while people are supposed to be in school, they hide in bushes awaiting rapture. Is your so-called education not a means for the government to control the populace, enh? You will point out a clan and tag them primitive, but watch how this group live in peace and harmony, not stressing about paying mortgage or being fat. My friend, you need to go and watch avatar and acknowledge the simplicity of life at its best. Education my foot. It is so unfortunate that we can't do anything about this evil world system. And again, if a person choose to live in the bush and wait for rapture is it your bloody business? Because you can read ABC that makes you superior- male, abi? At the end, we shall see who has the last laugh!
Re: The Expressway Churches by ayettymama(f): 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2010
science suggests

the earth was created out of an explosion and all beings derived from autotrophic plants??

tell me how these theories were observed and tested??

As a scientist i can tell u evolution implies the current man comes from monkeys

following a series of sponateous genetic changes and natural selection

It is actually a theory one man cooked up and is being followed yrs l8tr by those who believe in science!

it has not been or can neva be proven! tested! or observed!

science can be compared to religion

most of what we study are not proven, we make observations and draw conclusions

were u alive millions of yrs ago to knw if the worlds temp work in cycles??

not abt to engage in a debate abt science and christianity

but bottom line is its all abt beliefs! you either believe in God or mr scientist!

not to say u should abandon medical care thats a whole diff story
Re: The Expressway Churches by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2010
bawomolo:

evolution doesn't tell you humans come from monkeys. we share ancestry with monkeys.
as per global warming, the world temperature work in cycles.  

no science isn't a religion.  Some dude didn't just wake up from his dream to publish the theories of evolution and relativity.  These theories have been tested and observed unlike the 2000 yr old book you hold to heart.

I guess isaac newton told his fellow scientists to believe in calculus or just forget it.

Mr. bawo, if you share ancestry with monkey, that is your business, please, don't generalize that your view at all. We don't want your monkey blood line , thank you. Leave our 2,000 year old book for us. Yes, leave it, we like it! You, carry your monkey spirit and go. We don't want or is it by force?
Re: The Expressway Churches by randomness: 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2010
This is for those who really care about the truth and not myths:

At the atomic level, each atom consists of a small dense positively-charged nucleus which is surrounded by much lighter negatively-charged electrons

The nucleus of the simplest atom, hydrogen  (H) consist of a  single positively-charged proton
The nucleus of the atom of element helium (He) on other hand has two protons, hence (He) has an atomic number of 2 and 2 neutrons
Under temperature of about 15 million (Kelvin) at the core of a star (We call it Sun on earth) where hydrogen (The most abundant element) is the fuel powering the Sun in a nuclear reaction chain.

the atoms of H- H are fused under high pressure and temperature to form Helium (He) atoms. During fusion, a photon is generated and that is why the sun shines. If the Sun is still up where you are look up and you feel the heat happening life
Other elements are formed as a result of combination with other elements and alteration of their structure.
You can use chemistry to change zinc to copper, to silver, to gold and vice versa by altering the atomic structure. We've perfected all these laws and know most of them.

The building blocks of life is common in the cosmos. I will not be surprised if humans and aliens share a common genetic foundation
The complex molecules of amino acids that combine to form proteins which carry out instructions specified by RNA and DNA has been experimented in the laboratory and common in volcanoes and in nature everywhere.

We are made from these building block of life. So we pretty much understand where we come from.
It is the understanding of these molecules that has made it possible for scientists to come up with medicine to target a particular molecule to alter the chemical structure of that molecule in an attempt to balance and return it to normal. That is why you feel better after taking medicine.
That is why if you take medicine for pain, it may not necessarily cure diarrhea. Each medicine is specifically targeting a particular illness. This is because we have mastered the inter relationships of chemical compounds and effects in our body.

The sulfur compound common in nature, on another planet and in volcanoes can be found in human too as a complex compound and that is why our waste remains smell like sulphur or methane at times
We have landed on surface of asteroids, other planets and we have conducted many reconnaissance of many planets
We are now able to look back billions of years into the past through the Hubble telescope so we have concrete evidence  through science of our galaxy.

On possibility of beings on another planet:
Through cosmology, we know by evidence that most Stars (Sun) has planets. I said most not all.
By studying our solar system and beyond we continue to see these evidence daily
Some planets, are frozen ice, some extremely hot, some extremely cold, Some filled with the basic building block of life
It is also true that by analyzing the Drake equation (formed in 1961) which is  similar to Fermi paradox, that it is practical to expect  at least 1 million civilizations in our own galaxy alone with intelligent life of some sort. Some will be astonishingly advanced than us and some not.

Remember there are 100 billion stars (Sun) in our galaxy alone, and there  are about 125 billion galaxies, so you can infer and come up with possibilities.

If you think we are the only being outhere, you must not be paying attention. You must not know you are floating in air and that you are not really on ground.

These are observable evidences and not fantasy. Why should any sane person ignore the evidence in favor of what they cannot proof?
It's called blind optimism, and those who brought it or currently markting it  knew exactly how this will work on the minds.

All these, should be put in perspective when you apply  cruelty to other human beings and when you begin to open up your mind and refuse to be boxed in by dogma
Here we are still debating about a particular religion and quick to jump on anybody with different view on how religion is practiced in Nigeria, when the real debate should be how to advance our cause.

Any religion that acknowledge the observable evidence and facts and incorporate both will eventually win down the road.

Any religion that teaches peace is good, so long you are not told to surrender all and expect miracles. Preachers are sharpening their sales tactics daily, why should you not think of a way out of your problems and see the light?
Re: The Expressway Churches by randomness: 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2010
It is astonishing to see that the major line of attack by religious people when you have opinions is to scare you with death and promise calamities.
As if anybody would spared if there is a major tsunami on the coast in Lagos.

This threat is not new. Galileo was persecuted

"
Galileo was ordered to repent of his mistaken ideas. And he wanted to obey the church. So he agreed to say that the sun could be going around the earth. Even though he believed the church to be wrong, he was unwilling to say in public that the leaders of his faith were making a mistake. But he did write a book about three imaginary scientists having an argument. One insisted that the earth was at the center of the universe. The second insisted that the sun was at the center. And the third scholar listened to both and asked questions.
When this book was published, church leaders asked Galileo, “Why are you supporting the theory of Copernicus?” Galileo protested, “I’m not! I didn’t say which theory was true. I just described each one!” But his book was also added to the list of books that Catholics should not read.
"
Kepler, a district mathematician persecuted

"Today we understand how the relative positions of the sun, moon and planets, together with the tilt of the earth on its axis, combine to determine the seasons of the year, the phases of the moon, tides, eclipses of the sun and moon, and so on. These occurrences have scientific implications for agriculture, fishing, military planning, and other things. (Even in modem times, some military offensives are timed to fit in with seasons and moonlight.)"

And many more. Millions are still unable to open their mind and explore the beautiful planet of ours in Nigeria

Without all these brave people, perhaps there will be no satellite, certainly no gsm phone, internet, and most importantly the understanding of the universe and our role in it would completely forgotten. Well I guess we can read the bible in the dark! and be happy. By the way, I'm a Christian given my background, I don't believe the earth was formed 6000 years ago, when there are thousands of carbon dated skeletons telling us with undeniable proof that dinosaurs walked this earth 65 million years ago

Can't deny concrete evidence.
Re: The Expressway Churches by MyJoe: 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2010
cultey:

Mr. bawo, if you share ancestry with monkey, that is your business, please, don't generalize that your view at all. We don't want your monkey blood line , thank you. Leave our 2,000 year old book for us. Yes, leave it, we like it! You, carry your monkey spirit and go. We don't want or is it by force?
grin
Re: The Expressway Churches by AjanleKoko: 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2010
Methinks there is definitely a problem with religion, emphasis on the word.

Interesting how the Chinese - I saw that first hand - have strong 'religious' beliefs that have shaped their outlook to life, progress, and even health, with clearly evident results. Visit China, spend some time with the people, and you'll kapeesh what I mean.

For a country like Nigeria, torn by foreign religious ideologies, it's quixotic indeed, the kind of medieval quagmire we find ourselves moored in.

Also, methinks this will be my first, and likely last, post in this section. For sanity reasons lipsrsealed
Re: The Expressway Churches by klovesh: 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2010
Very interesting thread indeed. This may just be the first time I will be reading extensively through any long thread on NL. The poster has raised some salient issues, though his tone somewhat raises some dust. My reply will make reference to christianity as it is the religion I understand and practice

I feel we are blaming religion for what religion itself has not caused. I have not personally seen christianity in particular to contradict a man's quest for knowledge and his exercise of diligence. An unsophisticated person is who he is, whether religious or not. It may be true that some people have dubiously used the vehicle of religion to manipulate and undermine others, yet, I believe it is like any other thing that can be used to achieve different ends (e.g U can use the same stick to build a house or to kill someone, that does not mean a stick itself is bad)

For me in particular, I started performing well in many of my endeavours after I became a Christian. I have never been happier. I can tell you with all humilty that God's grace has made me to acheive above many of my mates. At least that is the way I see it. Anybody can attribute this to anything he/she likes.

I also want to say that I think that spirituality is very real. I have once exhibited by own share of unbelief (almost going atheistic), but I thank God I am back. It is true that humans can achieve some lofty things, but it will be evasive for us to think we control everything. Even then, I still feel life is not all about achievements.

Maybe I should ask: What do we feel about witches and wizards, or other demonic forces. Do we think they exist at all? It will be funny to acknowledge these and not acknowledge God. I have seen some reference to Harry Porter and stuff. Do we think that story was created out of nothing (I mean the witches).

Most christians that are easily decieved are actually those that don't actually understand christainity. And for some fake and heartless "pastors", they constitute an opportunity to get fattened.
I will agree with the comment from someone that a lot of people will call on God when they are at the point at which they cannot help themselves again.

My post is what I think, and I am not imposing my thoughts and beliefs on anyone. At least, not on a thread that has featured a great display of intellectual brillance. I wish everyone the best
Re: The Expressway Churches by bawomolo(m): 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2010
cultey:

yes its by force. me and you be primate now grin

ayettymama:

tell me how these theories were observed and tested??

the big bang theory is still a nascent theory. That's what the haydron collider and co are for. to test such collisions on a smaller scale of course

As a scientist i can tell u evolution implies the current man comes from monkeys

no it doesn't, what kind of bootleg scientist are you? i kid

It is actually a theory one man cooked up and is being followed yrs l8tr by those who believe in science!

I guess darwin cooked up the theory while observing plants and other species. Oh yes that makes sense.

it has not been or can neva be proven! tested! or observed!

you are right, even when we have evidence of new plant species evolving or bacteria strains evolving to restrict antibiotics. I guess that's all cooked up by mad scientists.

were u alive millions of yrs ago to knw if the worlds temp work in cycles??

umm that's what tree rings, carbon dating, the study of ice cores etc are for. What kind of scientist again are you?

but bottom line is its all abt beliefs! you either believe in God or mr scientist!

believing in God and following science aren't mutually exclusive. Darwin was a catholic priest i believe.

[quote][/quote]
Re: The Expressway Churches by Feraz(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2010
Talking abt d 2nd coming f Jesus, he told his disciples dat no 1 knows d date he is coming(matt. 24: 36 - 44). He even said that sm1 may tell them d messiah is here or there but they shudnt go there. He also said dat many false pple will arise in his name n perform wonders (read d whole of matt 24) which is y he said we shud test d spirits to know which is which. D students dat did dat neva took time to read d bible. Also check luke 12: 1 - 3
Re: The Expressway Churches by bankyman(m): 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2010
I dont think a swipe at Xtianity is the way 4ward, Religion is there to complement morality but it paves way for the exploitation of the human mindand that is what unscrupulous men exploit to imprison the mind of people and milk them of hard earned cash. Nigeria is so good that some pastors do the same thing without knowing what they do isnt good, I'm not trying to side them but i think it is true and we only have ourselves to blame for allowing such a ridicule to befall our minds. I hope lies in ourselves first to break and let God do the rest that we cant for oursleves.
Re: The Expressway Churches by Feraz(m): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
Also concernn tithe, it is not "compulsory" to pay it 2 a man of God or a church. It can b paid 2 an orphanage or sm pple hu doesn't have enof. Let me back it up wit dis story: a man paid his tithe f 250k 2 a man of God which he accepted. While prayin, God told him, "hu asked u 2 collect d money?" D man of God was surprised n answered him "I tot u said we shud collect tithe". God told him 2 throw dat money away. There are two things i want 2 emphasize here:
1. No 1 is perfect as with his case.
2. I bliv d throwin f d money was not in vain as God myt v sm1 in mind He wants d moni 2 get to to help him/her.
Sm pple myt insult me which i know is inevitable but that is my 2cents. It's so unfortunate dat sm pple have twistd d words in d bible 4 their selfish gains.
Re: The Expressway Churches by Jacques09: 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2010
I think people need to use their brains, being a christian does not mean you have to be a robot. I do not see why anyone thinks it is morally correct to hand over large sums of money to these pastors who are already wealthy and tax-exempt, when right outside their churches we can see dirt poor people, cripples and homeless children begging for alms. Correct me if I am wrong but I haven't seen or heard of any "Man of God" that actively engages in charity work. All I hear of are private planes, new branches, designer suits, mansions and other vulgarities and vanities which I am sure someone will soon provide a biblical justification for.

Imagine my shock when on Channel 4 last year, a documentary was produced where the plight of "child witches" in the Niger-Delta was highlighted. Apparently, following the ministry of the great Helen Ukpabio and her melodramatic movies, pastors began to attribute misfortune in families to the children. Some of them were beaten and abused,many made destitute and many more killed. Does this situation sound familiar? It should but you may have to cast your mind back over 300 years. So much for religion.
Re: The Expressway Churches by ayettymama(f): 12:05am On Feb 04, 2010
bawomolo:

yes its by force. me and you be primate now grin

the big bang theory is still a nascent theory. That's what the haydron collider and co are for. to test such collisions on a smaller scale of course

no it doesn't, what kind of bootleg scientist are you? i kid

I guess darwin cooked up the theory while observing plants and other species. Oh yes that makes sense.

you are right, even when we have evidence of new plant species evolving or bacteria strains evolving to restrict antibiotics. I guess that's all cooked up by mad scientists.

umm that's what tree rings, carbon dating, the study of ice cores etc are for. What kind of scientist again are you?

believing in God and following science aren't mutually exclusive. Darwin was a catholic priest i believe.

i think ive alreadi told u im not gna engage in a debate??

what kind of scientist am i

im onli bein trained by the best!

go ahead put ur faith in soo called carbon dating, tree ring counting
dna comparing
heck im pretty sure there will soon be cctv footage of the big bang
and letters from aliens
kmt
Re: The Expressway Churches by randomness: 1:26am On Feb 04, 2010
You see, the religious people -- most of them -- really think this planet is an experiment.
That's what their beliefs come down to.

Some god or other is always fixing and poking, messing around with tradesmen's wives, giving tablets on mountains, commanding you to mutilate your children, telling people what words they can say and what words they can't say, making people feel guilty about enjoying themselves, and like that. Why can't the gods leave well enough alone? All this intervention speaks of incompetence.

If God didn't want Lot's wife to look back, why didn't he make her obedient, so she'd do what her husband told her?
Or if he hadn't made Lot such a shithead, maybe she would've listened to him more.

If God is omnipotent and omniscient, why didn't he start the universe out in the first place so it would come out the way he wants?
Why's he constantly repairing and complaining?

No, there's one thing the Bible makes clear: The biblical God is a sloppy manufacturer. He's not good at design, he's not good at execution.

He'd be out of business if there was any competition. [C.S.]
Re: The Expressway Churches by izaga3(m): 2:00am On Feb 04, 2010
Ok nah the philosophers of nairaland, carry on. If all of us talk finish, when we die na then we go know who day talk true abi?? But I for one don't think that life on earth is random. The precision of purpose in creation is too much to be attributed to mere chance. it's like saying that a whirlwind can pass thru a junk yard and assemble a car, life on earth is not random, whether we look like chimps or not. There's a GOD somewhere responsible for all this. HE/SHE/IT may not be like we would like to think be HE exists nonetheless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Misconceptions About Islam / Download Music: Samsong Ft Chioma Jesus - Odogwu Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.