Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers (8455 Views)

Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / Is Jesus God? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2012
Is Jesus God? The Bible is the Word of God. It tells us about the life and death — and resurrected life — of the greatest man who ever lived. His name is Jesus Christ. For centuries men have debated the identity of this unique man. Was he God? Was he a “mere” man? How did he do the things he did?
We assert that the answers lie in the Bible. If so, the question is: “What does the Bible say?” Here is a list of logical questions, with pertinent scripture verses, to help us know whether or not Jesus is God Almighty.

Question #1: If Jesus is God, how could he die for our sins?

1 Timothy 1:17
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

God cannot die, yet Jesus was killed and then resurrected (Acts 5:30). The Bible does not say that only his “human nature” died; it says that Jesus died, which would include all of Jesus (100%).

1 Corinthians 15:3
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.

Question #2: How can Jesus be “God” and have a “God” at the same time?

The God of the Bible is the Almighty, the Creator, the Most High, and no one compares to Him. Jesus Christ cannot be “God” if he says that our heavenly Father is his “God.”

You cannot be the “Most High God” and be in submission to the “Most High God” (1 Cor.15:28) and say that He is your God. This makes no sense.

If words truly have meaning, then one cannot be “God” and have a “God” at the same time.

Check out the verses below that clearly show that our Father is the “God” of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Ephesians 1:17
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

Romans 15:6
…so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort…

Ephesians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

1 Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!

The above verses are very clear. Jesus Christ has a God. Who is the God of our Lord Jesus Christ? Ephesians 1:17 very clearly says that this God is our glorious Father.

Jesus Christ himself called our Father his “God” and Father many different times in Scripture.

John 20:17 (KJV)
…I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’”

Revelation 3:12
Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Revelation 3:21
To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Question #3: If Jesus was sitting at the right hand of God in heaven when the book of Revelation was written, why does Jesus continue to make such clear statements that our heavenly Father is his “God” if he himself is God?

Revelation 1:6
…[Jesus] has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father– to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Revelation 3:12
Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2012
Question #4: If God cannot be tempted by evil, yet Jesus was tempted in every way we are, how can he be God?

James 1:13
For God cannot be tempted by evil.

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.

The Bible never says that Jesus’ “human nature” was tempted, it says “Jesus” was tempted. Nowhere does it say that “part” of Jesus was tempted; it was “all” of him. If Jesus is God, this is a clear contradiction. Fortunately, Jesus is the human Son of God, so there is no contradiction.

Question #5: If Jesus is God, then why does he pray to God and call Him “the only true God” in John 17:3?

John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

In this verse, Jesus Christ makes a clear distinction between “the only true God” and himself. Jesus called his Father “the only true God,” and that doesn’t leave any room for Jesus to also be “God.”

Question #6: If Jesus is God, why did he pray at all?

Luke 6:12
One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.

He would have been praying to himself, or another “part” of himself. Did he do it for our benefit alone? To be an example for us? If Jesus were praying to himself, or another part of himself, then he was just “acting.” It wasn’t real prayer (the way we know it), because we don’t pray to ourselves, we pray to God.

Was Jesus just “acting” when he was in the Garden of Gethsemane praying to God that there be another way, that “if it is possible, that the cup be taken” from him? He was asking God if there was another way (i.e., another way beside dying a horrible death on a cross). If Jesus is God, then all of his prayers “to God” make him look rather ludicrous.

Question #7: If Jesus is God, why did he say to his disciples: “Trust in God; trust also in me”?
John 14:1
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.”
Notice that Jesus didn’t say “the Father,” he just said “God.” Jesus once again makes a clear distinction between himself and God.

Question #8: According to the doctrine of the Trinity, the Father and Son are co-equal. If that is true, how can the Father be (in any way) greater than Jesus?

John 14:28
“I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.”

Mark 13:32
“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

1 Corinthians 15:27-28
(27) For he (God) “has put everything under his (Jesus) feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him (Jesus), it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
(28) When he (God) has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him (God) who put everything under him (Jesus), so that God may be all in all.
Clearly, 1 Corinthians 15:27-28 nullifies the idea that Jesus is God. It says: “Now when it says that ‘everything’ has been put under him (Jesus), it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.”

How could God make it more plain?
Then it goes on to say: [U]“Then the Son himself will be made subject to him (God) who put everything under him (Jesus), so that God may be all in all.”[/U]

Right now Jesus is exalted at the right hand of God, given all authority in Heaven and on Earth, and is “functionally” equal with God. But after Jesus has finished the job of restoring paradise, he will eventually be “made subject” to God, so that God may be all in all.

The doctrine of the Trinity states that Jesus is 100% man and 100% God. Logically, you can’t be 100% of one thing and then even “a little” of something else. That is, if words and numbers have definite meanings.

Question #9: How can Jesus “be like us in every way” and still be “100% man and 100% God”?

Hebrews 2:17
For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

If Jesus is God and also “like us in every way,” that means we are all 100% man and 100% God. This makes no sense. Either Jesus is not God and truly like us in all ways (a man), or he is God and so are we.

What makes more sense?
The Devil and demons call Jesus the Son of God.

Question #10: If Jesus is God and God cannot be tempted, why would the Devil tempt Jesus?

The Bible says that “God cannot be tempted” (James 1:13) and we know that the Devil knows Scripture because he quoted it while trying to tempt Jesus (Matt. 4:6). The Devil is totally evil and persistent, but he is not dumb.

Why did the Devil continue to ask Jesus “if you are the Son of God…” when he was tempting him?

Wouldn’t the Devil (Lucifer) and his demons know if they were speaking with the Almighty Himself?

In fact, he tauntingly said to Jesus:

Matthew 4:3
…“If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

Matthew 4:6
If you are the Son of God, he said, throw yourself down.

The Devil knew that Jesus was a man, the Son of God, and the promised Messiah, and that is why he did his best to try to get him to sin. The Devil knew that if he could get Jesus to sin one time, he could not be the perfect sacrifice that was necessary for the forgiveness of our sins.

We believe that Jesus Christ is a unique man because he is the only man who was born of a virgin, who is the Last Adam, who by his free will choices to trust God lived a sinless life, always doing the will of his Father. He died as the perfect sacrifice for our sins so that we too could have a relationship with God. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our Savior, our Lord, and our Brother. Because of his obedience, God promoted Jesus to the highest place possible – “Lord” over heaven and earth (Acts 2:36; Matt. 28:18). He is now the Head of the Church, working with us to make known God’s love and truth on this earth. He is our Lord and we love him
http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/articles/jesus-christ/is-jesus-god
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Enigma(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2012
frosbel:

Because God is not 3 but 1 , expressed as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The concept of Trinity , where we have a godhead with the Father as the head, Son in the middle and Holy Spirit at the bottom is just plain false and not at all biblical.

Jesus Christ is the express image of the person of GOD , He is the radiance of God's glory, He is the Alpha and Omega , he is GOD.

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven." - Hebrews 1:3

He only became a little lower than the father because he humbled himself as a man to die for our sins. This is the great mystery.

You will ask me , if Jesus was GOD , then where was the father.

Answer :

"If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?[/b]Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: [b]God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
" - 1 Timothy 3:16

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

Look at this striking comparison between Christ and God , from the new testament and old testament.

New Testament :

"The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, 15his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters." - Revelation 1:14

“As I looked,thrones were placed,and the Ancient of Days took his seat;his clothing was white as snow,and the hair of his head like pure wool;
his throne was fiery flames;its wheels were burning fire.A stream of fire issued and came out from before him;a thousand thousands served him,
and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him;the court sat in judgment,and the books were opened." - Daniel 7:9

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2012
[quote author=Enigma][/quote]

What a most deceptive fellow, I really am beginning to wonder what calibre of Christians we have on this forum.

This comment I posted earlier in February when I was still researching into the Trinity dogma and have now realised what a farce it is.

Yet even after repeating this to you in another thread you repost it here in a bid to slander my most honourable character, This is what desperation has turned you guys into.

Please this thread should not be a meeting point for my 'enemies'. grin

[size=13pt]JESUS IS NOT JEHOVAH [/size]

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Enigma(m): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2012
Nah, it is just an attempt to make you -------------- think!!!!!!

It is not a scandal to think for oneself, you know.

In any event, the other point is that your own words are answering your "new" posers on this thread ------ at least to some extent. smiley

cool
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by hadbak: 11:38am On Sep 27, 2012
Simple! Jesus(pbuh) isn't God buh man inspiredd by God. HIS BIRTH...God demonstrates His power to create in every way. God created everyone we knw from a man and a woman. But how about Adam,(pbuh)? God created him from neither a man nor a woman. And Eve from only a man, without a woman. And finally, to complete the picture, God created Jesus(pbuh) from a woman, without a man. MIRACLES...What about the other miracles? These were to show that Jesus was not acting on his own behalf, but that he was backed by God. The Qur’an specifies that these miracles were performed by God's leave. This may be compared to the Book of Acts in the Bible, chapter 2, verse 22, where it says that the miracles were done by God to show that he approved of Jesus. Also, note that Jesus himself is recorded in the Gospel of John to have said: ‘I can do nothing of my own authority' (5:30). The miracles, therefore, were done not by his own authority, but by God's authority.HIS TEACHINGS... What did Jesus teach? The Qur'an tells us that Jesus came to teach the same basic message which was taught by previous prophets from God – that we must shun every false god and worship only the One True God. Jesus taught that he is the servant and messenger of the One True God, the God of Abraham. These Qur'anic teachings can be compared with the Bible (Mark 10:18; Matthew 26:39; John 14:28, 17:3, and 20:17) where Jesus teaches that the one he worshipped is the only true God. See also Matthew 12:18; Acts 3:13, and 4:27 where we find that his disciples knew him as ‘Servant of God’.. Jesus is the Messiah. He is a word from God. He is honored in this world and in the hereafter, and he is one of those brought nearest to God. Jesus was a MAN who spoke the truth which he heard from God. According to John where Jesus says to the Israelites: ‘You are determined to kill me, A MAN who has told you the truth that I heard from God’ (John 8:40). Hope you fine this clear.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Enigma(m): 11:48am On Sep 27, 2012
@frosbel

Oh, one more thing.

If you were wrong when you wrote that "Jesus is God" ---- do you remember that the same way you were going about that fervently is the way you are going about your new "revelation" fervently.

If you were misleading people then, what makes you think you are not misleading people now?

If you were shipwrecking people's faith then , what makes you think you are not shipwrecking people's faith now?

If you were teaching people pagan doctrines then, what makes you think you are not teaching people pagan doctrines now?

You need to check yourself ------ above all things, I think for ignorance and pride.

Two more things for you to think about and I hope you will really think!

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.

1 Timothy 6
3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

A word is enough for the wise. smiley

cool

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Enigma(m): 11:54am On Sep 27, 2012
@ frosbel

Let us go back to that 1 Timothy 6; it says
If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching he is conceited . . . .

Well, here is some sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and godly teaching ----- do you agree to them?

Revelation 22 smiley

6 The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place."

12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

cool
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
Enigma: @frosbel

Oh, one more thing.

If you were wrong when you wrote that "Jesus is God" ---- do you remember that the same way you were going about that fervently is the way you are going about your new "revelation" fervently.

I would like to think of this forum as a classroom.

We are all learning on a daily basis , and the more knowledge we acquire the more truths we learn.

From a 3-god God , to a 3-function God and now to a ONE God, I think is a good achievement and is the end of my study.

If you were misleading people then, what makes you think you are not misleading people now?

If you were shipwrecking people's faith then , what makes you think you are not shipwrecking people's faith now?

If you were teaching people pagan doctrines then, what makes you think you are not teaching people pagan doctrines now.

Which is why I have done an extensive, investigative and honest research into the whole Pagan doctrine which you hold on to as an idol and found out that it is a farce , a concoction and the invention of a church that was polluted with platonic philosophy.

Besides this the Trinity is not a salvation issue.

You need to check yourself ------ above all things, I think for ignorance and pride.

I think we should redirect this sentence back at you, maybe your pride is what stands between you and the absolute truth.

Two more things for you to think about and I hope you will really think!

Don't worry about me, worry about your coattail hangers-on who seem to struggle with personal study and rely on others for the interpretation of logic.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Enigma(m): 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
^^^^ I worry more about the people you are misleading.

I think you should consider maybe your actions and flip-flopping every other month are shipwrecking some other people's faith. Hey, you are not accountable to me for it ----- you are accountable to God and to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Think about it. smiley

cool
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
Enigma: ^^^^ I worry more about the people you are misleading.

I think you should consider maybe your actions and flip-flopping every other month is shipwrecking some other people's faith. Hey, you are not accvountable to me for it ----- you are acoountable to God and to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Think about it. smiley

cool

On the contrary, the True GOD and the true Gospel is being revealed, the more light we have , which was obviously darkened by your catholic heresies, the more knowledge we acquire and help lead others out of this bondage of false doctrine such as the Trinity, immortal soul, eternal torment and a host of other idols false doctrines you and your cohorts adhere to..

I am here to stay , trust me and many will be delivered from false teachers who parade on this forum as so called learned theologians.

One advice to you, do not take away the personal responsibility of others to study the bible for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by aletheia(m): 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
frosbel:
Which is why I have done an extensive, investigative and honest research into the whole Pagan doctrine which you hold on to as an idol and found out that it is a farce , a concoction and the invention of a church that was polluted with platonic philosophy.
^^
So you have "done an extensive, investigative and honest research" into the matter. Really? Why have we not seen evidence of such then. . .instead what is seen are the common sort of debating tricks. You deceive yourself for nothing in the multiplicity of threads that you generate suggests a well thought out and reasoned thesis.

I remind you of this quote once again:
A fanatic is a man who, when he's lost sight of his purpose, redoubles his effort.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 28, 2012
aletheia:
^^
A fanatic is a man who, when he's lost sight of his purpose, redoubles his effort.

actually the only time I have ever been called a fanatic was during my days at deeper life angry

grin
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by mikeeze(m): 10:26am On Sep 28, 2012
I have noticed you"ve being saying a lot of heresy lately and when people correct you,you don"t want to learn.if you want to learn,you"ve to be open minded.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Sep 28, 2012
mikeeze:

I have noticed you"ve being saying a lot of heresy lately and when people correct you,you don"t want to learn.if you want to learn,you"ve to be open minded.

Do you think he will ever learn? This is Paul's prophesy coming to pass:

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Timothy 3:7).

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Image123(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2012
frosbel:

actually the only time I have ever been called a fanatic was during my days at deeper life angry

grin
you were just called and defined as a fanatic, doesn't this guy think?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 29, 2012
Image123:
you were just called and defined as a fanatic, doesn't this guy think?

Fanatics who believe in Pagan Trinity , eternal torment for trillions of souls for eternity without end, immortal soul, hell fire or heaven after death , tithes, slain in the spirit, weird manifestations, crazy prophecies , supporting the murder and masscare of tens of thousands worldwide by backing right wing zionist ideologies , and you have to Gall to call me a fanatic.

You GUYS are in the same group as those who will not let anyone enter into the kingdom and will not enter in either.

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by naijapatriot: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2012
Nice replies here....especially this quote:
aletheia:
A fanatic is a man who, when he's lost sight of his purpose, redoubles his effort
grin grin grin grin
Rom 10:2 readily comes to mind.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Image123(m): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
frosbel:

Fanatics who believe in Pagan Trinity , eternal torment for trillions of souls for eternity without end, immortal soul, hell fire or heaven after death , tithes, slain in the spirit, weird manifestations, crazy prophecies , supporting the murder and masscare of tens of thousands worldwide by backing right wing zionist ideologies , and you have to Gall to call me a fanatic.

You GUYS are in the same group as those who will not let anyone enter into the kingdom and will not enter in either.
are you born again? if yes, was it after you left deeper life?
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
Image123:
are you born again? if yes, was it after you left deeper life?

Definitely not your kind of born again !

btw , don't change topic like the other confused fellow.

Address this article.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by vedaxcool(m): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2012
Lol grin the Qur'an was right after all, see another reason why you should read the Qur'an and experience the truth.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2012
vedaxcool: Lol grin the Qur'an was right after all, see another reason why you should read the Qur'an and experience the truth.

I guess we are talking about the same plagiarised book, no ? grin
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by vedaxcool(m): 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2012
frosbel:

I guess we are talking about the same plagiarised book, no ? grin

Lol! grin grin grin yet the "plagiarizing book" seems to miss out the numerous stupidities found in the book it suposedly plagiarized, no? What I will give for you to reason once in your life, atleast common sense should tell you the Qur'an can never be used in justiying the divinity of Jesus, which the ever double speaking bible does every now and then, NO? Buhaha grin grin grin grin thank Allah we have the Qur'an.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Image123(m): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2012
frosbel:

Definitely not your kind of born again !

btw , don't change topic like the other confused fellow.

Address this article.
please answer the questions. Are you born again? if yes, was it after you left deeper or when you were there?
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by TheOP1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2012
Frosbel,
Don't you consider your recent vigorous effort at challenging widely accepted beliefs blasphemous?

And when the Quran and muslims make similar observations about the gravity of such beliefs, you call it blasphemy.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
The OP: Frosbel,
Don't you consider your recent vigorous effort at challenging widely accepted beliefs blasphemous?

And when the Quran and muslims make similar observations about the gravity of such beliefs, you call it blasphemy.

On the contrary , not blasphemous at all. The Trinity has nothing to do with the core truths of the bible, it is a pagan philosophy.

The core message of the gospel is that God sent his only Son to not only act as an atonement for the sins of mankind but to taste death for all men, so that all who die henceforth in Christ will have a hope of resurrection into life.

Jesus Christ also came as an exact representation of God, his likeness and mirror image, the reflection of everything that Man ought to know about the character and nature of God.

Islam rejects these core truths and instead projects another so called last messenger who came to complete the work that Christ started. The blasphemy goes even further to reject the truth that Christ was crucified and therefore did not rise from the dead.

If this is true then mankind has no hope whatsoever and death is the victor.

Therefore Islam is anti-christ in their rejection of the messiah and is a religion opposed to the purposes and intents of God.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by flourishG(m): 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
Frosbel

I have never seen any man as confusing as you are in my lifetime. You sourced and referenced articles in the past right on this same forum to justify the deity of Christ as God. Today, you come up with another lifeless article to the body of Christ fighting the deity of Christ. You are a confused Christian (If at all you are one).

Back to the opening question, IS JESUS GOD THE SIMPLE BIBLE ANSWER IS YES!. If you like keep fighting a defeated battle.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2012
flourishG: Frosbel

I have never seen any man as confusing as you are in my lifetime. You sourced and referenced articles in the past right on this same forum to justify the deity of Christ as God. Today, you come up with another lifeless article to the body of Christ fighting the deity of Christ. You are a confused Christian (If at all you are one).

Back to the opening question, IS JESUS GOD THE SIMPLE BIBLE ANSWER IS YES!. If you like keep fighting a defeated battle.

Jesus Christ is not GOD.

I have recently learnt this truth.

Food for thought ;

19 So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him everything he is doing. In fact, the Father will show him how to do even greater works than healing this man. Then you will truly be astonished. 21 For just as the Father gives life to those he raises from the dead, so the Son gives life to anyone he wants. 22 In addition, the Father judges no one. Instead, he has given the Son absolute authority to judge - John 5:19-22

Read your bible, remember the way to life is narrow, just because you are in the majority does not mean you are right.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Image123(m): 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2012
Image123:
please answer the questions. Are you born again? if yes, was it after you left deeper or when you were there?
in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was Jesus, and the Word was God. go and sit down frosb.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by plappville(f): 1:21am On Sep 30, 2012
flourishG: Frosbel

I have never seen any man as confusing as you are in my lifetime. [size=16pt]You sourced and referenced articles in the past right on this same forum to justify the deity of Christ as God. Today, you come up with another lifeless article to the body of Christ fighting the deity of Christ. You are a confused Christian (If at all you are one).[/size]

Back to the opening question, IS JESUS GOD THE SIMPLE BIBLE ANSWER IS YES!. If you like
keep fighting a defeated battle.

Wrong !! He has known the truth, and this truth shall set him Free (so say the bible) it is best to Come out of the false doctrine as said in Revelation (come out from the Mother Halot)

Whats the use of the scripture if not to correct past errors?
2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Pretend as if you know not about How emperior
Constantine invented the socalled Trinity dogma.

Keeping a blind eyes on hundreds of verses and holding and twisting 2 or 4 verse to suit ur aim. God is one, trinity is false.

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by plappville(f): 1:27am On Sep 30, 2012
Image123:
in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was Jesus, and the Word was God. go and sit down frosb.

Jesus was the word. He brought the word of God to us.
God was revealed through Jesus. God was not "Born"
Like the Catholic will say, "Mary is the Mother of God"

If you Say Jesus is God, then you wear same shoe as them. You are Saying that God was born by a woman.

Watch it out !!

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Image123(m): 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2012
Image123:
in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was Jesus, and the Word was God. go and sit down plap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing / Kolanut And Spiritual Uses / Download Music: Samsong Ft Chioma Jesus - Odogwu Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.