Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline (1519 Views)

US Sends World's Most Advanced Warplanes To Black Sea / Panama Papers Leaks...named World Leaders Hiding Wealth In Offshore Accounts / Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by sweetcheecks(f): 11:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
16 July 2013
South African Airways (SAA) is the most on-time airline in the world, according to the June 2013 Airline and Airport On-time Performance Report by global flight and airport information services company FlightStats.

According to the report, which covers major international airlines and airports in north America, Europe and Asia, the big international airlines on average delivered 75.85% of their flights to the arrival gate within 15 minutes of schedule in June, down from 80.70% in May.

Only six major international carriers delivered over 90% of their flights on time, with SAA topping the list at 93.33%, outperforming several reputable carriers from across the world.

SAA has achieved over 90% on-time performance for the last five months running, topping the list of most on-time airlines three times during this period.

"This speaks volumes about the commitment and determination that our staff put into their duties in order to consistently provide a professional and reliable service,” Zuks Ramasia, SAA's general manager for operations, said in a statement on Monday.

South Africa's national carrier, the most awarded airline in Africa, operates direct flights to six of the world's seven continents.

With its current fleet of 54 aircraft, the airline operates 53 000 flights per annum, ferrying 7-million passengers to over 1 300 destinations in 194 countries, both through its own network and partnerships with other airlines.

"SAA will remain indebted to its workforce who, despite all the challenges the airline is currently facing, have chosen to focus on the work at hand, which is to bring the world to Africa, and take Africa to the world," Ramasia said.

"With close to 30 different accolades collected between 2012 and this month, our staff are clearly doing something right. Nonetheless, we are cognisant of the fact that there is room for improvement."

http://www.southafrica.info/

Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by 14(m): 1:56am On Jul 17, 2013
Mzansi, nufsad

4 Likes

Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
Mzansi! Congrats to SAA, they are truly one of the best in the world.

2 Likes

Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
never leaves on time but it always gets to its destination a couple of minutes early cheesy...but they really need to teach their SAE pilots how to land angry
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
mondi_cheeks: It never leaves on time but it always gets to its destination a coupke of minutes earlier cheesy...but they really need to teach their SAE pilots how to land angry
Lmao grin
How's that possible?
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by paniki(m): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
mondi_cheeks: It never leaves on time but it always gets to its destination a coupke of minutes earlier cheesy... but they really need to teach their SAE pilots how to land angry

+1
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
paniki:

+1
it seems that is a recurring issue. undecided
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
CFCfan:
Lmao grin
How's that possible?
they make u worry abt whether u are actually landing or u are about to crush
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
mondi_cheeks: they make u worry abt whether u are actually landing or u are about to crush
Oh, I see. It could be they prefer the 'hard landings'.
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
CFCfan:
Oh, I see. It could be they prefer the 'hard landings'.
its not pleasant at all
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
mondi_cheeks: its not pleasant at all
True. Maybe their planes always carry heavy loads. Anyway, I'm waiting for the new Nigerian national carrier cool
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by paniki(m): 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
CFCfan:
it seems that is a recurring issue. undecided

The rough landings are common for SA Express.
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
CFCfan:
True. Maybe their planes always carry heavy loads. Anyway, I'm waiting for the new Nigerian national carrier cool
planning on using one on ur next trip to naija?
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
mondi_cheeks: planning on using one on ur next trip to naija?
Yes O. cheesy
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 18, 2013
Taking shortcuts.
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by panafrican(m): 2:27am On Jul 18, 2013
Royal Air Maroc is the worst grin
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 4:13am On Jul 18, 2013
CFCfan:
Yes O. cheesy
pray the don't let their pilot fly drunk like SA Express lol
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by swankyvodamail: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
Congrats SAA 30 accollades in a space of 18 months
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by swankyvodamail: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2013
mondi_cheeks: planning on using one on ur next trip to naija?
hope it will be 100% nigerian
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by panafrican(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ok this airline is on time, but to pick up who ? Those miners who are being shot at like pigeons when they ask for wage increase?? Just asking undecided
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by swankyvodamail: 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
panafrican: Ok this airline is on time, but to pick up who ? Those miners who are being shot at that pigeons when they ask for wage increase?? Just asking undecided
Oh please give us a break give praise where it is due don't critise for the sake of critising I think you are suffering from the PHD syndrome
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by paniki(m): 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
panafrican: Ok this airline is on time, but to pick up who ? Those miners who are being shot at that pigeons when they ask for wage increase?? Just asking undecided

SAA flies to all the major destinations in the world and seeing that over 10 million people visited South Africa last year, I guess that they pick up some of these people and bring them to SA then they pick them up and take them back to wherever they come from. I think that SAA also has a daily direct flight to Lagos, it will probably be filled with Nigerians and SA business people. Just saying.
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by swankyvodamail: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
paniki:

SAA flies to all the major destinations in the world and seeing that over 10 million people visited South Africa last year, I guess that they pick up some of these people and bring them to SA then they pick them up and take them back to wherever they come from. I think that SAA also has a daily direct flight to Lagos, it will probably be filled with Nigerians and SA business people. Just saying.

The best thing about SAA they benchmark themselves against the best in the world hope the soon to be establish nigerian airlines will do the same I real love competition especially from my continent
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by Nobody: 4:07am On Jul 22, 2013
swanky@vodamail:
hope it will be 100% nigerian
what do u mean?
Re: SAA Named World's Most On-time Airline by swankyvodamail: 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
mondi_cheeks: what do u mean?
I mean let's nigerians run their entity and see how they fare its only fair I guess

(1) (Reply)

The Geopolitics Of World War III: Reasons Russia & Syria Are Being Targeted / Hillary Clinton To Launch Presidential Bid In April / The Sexiest Plane In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.